We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Teotzlcoatl's Salvia Thread Options

'Coatl
#41 Posted : 5/8/2009 8:58:22 PM

Teotzlcoatl

General Salvia divinorum Article including list of various strains

Quote:

~ Salvia divinorum Strains~

* Wasson/Hofmann
* Blosser ('Palatable'Pleased
* Bret Blosser #2
* Luna
* Cerro Quemado
* Julieta
* La Fuerza
* Owens
* Paradox
* Resilience
* Green Witch Queen
* Delicious
* Echo
* Oracle
* Enigma
* Mystique
* Catalina
* Sacred Spring
* Appaloosa
* Hanau
* Maka

http://www.nationmaster....Salvia-divinorum%23Links
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

coz42
#42 Posted : 5/9/2009 12:31:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Once came across a 'Canteberry Hybrid' supposedly claimed to have a 18% increase in Salvinorin A.. if someone can confirm that would be wonderful and if not than push aside as another hoax.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

'Coatl
#43 Posted : 5/9/2009 12:34:14 AM

Teotzlcoatl

18% is an insane number! Can you find me a link?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

'Coatl
#44 Posted : 5/9/2009 2:09:38 AM

Teotzlcoatl

http://www.salviasnips.com/?gcl...mp1r2v_pgCFQ4MDQoduws_mQ

Anybody heard of Salvia divinorum "Canteberry Hybrid"???

Sounds like a marketing gimmick to me! Does anybody have any info on the Canteberry Hybrid???

Kannamate
#45 Posted : 5/9/2009 6:11:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well I emailed daniel siebert and here's what he said
I have not heard of this "strain" before. I am skeptical of the claims they
are making. If it is a true hybrid, it would look significantly different
from a regular Salvia divinorum plant. That is not evident in the photo on
the vendor's website.Also, If it is a hybrid, why don't they say what the
other parent species is (a hybrid is a cross of two or more different
species).

'Coatl
#46 Posted : 5/9/2009 4:08:42 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I emailed the "Canteberry Hybrid" Salvia divinorum Vendor and they responded fairly fast.... here is what they said-

Quote:

Thanks for interest in the Canteberry. Until the mother plants develop more, we can only root a few a week. But, by the end of summer we will be able to handle bulk orders.
Seed grown in Amsterdam from a Blosser mother
and a Hoffman pollenator in the fall of 2008

I'm going to purchase a few soon if this is the real deal.

Link to Vendor Discussion at Edot

'Coatl
#47 Posted : 5/9/2009 4:11:12 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I emailed Dr. Daniel Siebert too! Smile

He said the same exact thing to me!

Dr.Siebert's Page on Salvia divinorum Strains

Kannamate
#48 Posted : 5/9/2009 6:20:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well if blosser is weaker(unless they found a real strong blosser) according to that analysis page why would making a hybrid with hoffman(the strongest) make it stronger? If it is even 12% stronger(and 12-18% stronger compared to what the weakest plant they could find,or the strongest why can't they say exactly how mgs per gram they averagely found?) and they were analyzed in a lab can't they link,or show a report of these findings?

'Coatl
#49 Posted : 5/9/2009 6:24:41 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Because when you create a hybrid you are "rolling the genetic dice" and you could be unlocking some ancient or perhaps mutated/altered genetics.

I totally agree that they need to provide more evidence.

Kannamate
#50 Posted : 5/9/2009 6:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well if they found the strongest of each it would be somewhat believable, but they really don't provide specifics like how many mgs of salvinorin were found per gram on average,or any lab reports etc.

'Coatl
#51 Posted : 5/9/2009 7:06:40 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Exactly, they need to provide some more information for it to seem credible.

'Coatl
#52 Posted : 5/9/2009 7:17:05 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Salvia spathacea also known as "Pitcher Sage" is said to have psychoactive effects.

Entropymancer
#53 Posted : 5/10/2009 5:09:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

fractal enchantment wrote:
kemist wrote:
Just to make it clear, ILPT is not interested in salvinorin, he is looking for that special(lsd like)compound 69ron mentioned Wink He has hunch there are other active strain in this way...

...could you please direct me to where this is mentioned..tried to find the thread but couldn't..sounds interesting..

Bump.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Ginkgo
#54 Posted : 5/10/2009 5:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if Salvia Viridis (former Horminum) contains any actives. At Wikipedia it says: "leaves of Salvia viridis used to be added to fermenting vats to 'greatly increase the inebriating quality of the liquor'". Could this means it contains something that has a synergetic effect with Ethanol? Any thoughts is much appreciated. I am growing lots of these right now, I will post here as soon as I try them.

'Coatl
#55 Posted : 5/10/2009 6:02:17 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Very interesting Evening Glory, I have never heard of Salvia viridis.

Kannamate
#56 Posted : 5/10/2009 8:57:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very cool looking plant even if not active in anyway salvia viridis is also called salvia horminium.

'Coatl
#57 Posted : 5/10/2009 5:47:14 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Very cool! I've never seen a Salvia with flowers like that!

Ginkgo
#58 Posted : 5/10/2009 6:34:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, they look very cool! I am growing three different colors of them right now, just as you see on this picture.
Ginkgo attached the following image(s):
salvia horminum.jpg (74kb) downloaded 95 time(s).

redeyesmj
#59 Posted : 5/27/2009 12:55:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what about salvia nemorosa? I bought a couple at the "home depot",I dint thank they would be active just thought they were cool.

balaganist
#60 Posted : 5/28/2009 12:49:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool thread!

Wonder if anyone has advice on watering Salvia Divinorum plants...

I currently have 4 plants: 1 I planted outside after it lost all its leaves and wasnt doing too well - wanted to see if it would grow outside while it is warm here in the UK. It's still alive but growing slow, few new leaves appearing but they're a bit yellow.

Another was doing really well after I repotted in a big wooden put, mixed rich soil with perlite and vermeculite, but I think i overwatered and it then all the leaves gradually wilted / dried and fell off ... since then have just been misting, no more water, some new leaves are starting to grow now though.

I have another in the kitchen doing really well after it was just a dry stem, two new shoots came up, I kept it in a plastic bell conche to keep it humid for a while till it got too big for the conche, now i mist at least 1-2 times a day, its lookin v healthy. I have another cutting I managed to grow which is doing ok, need to repot it soon (running out of room!).

It seems that regular misting is the key with these plants; perhaps they draw some of their water in like this not just from the roots?
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

PREV1234NEXT