We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Natural Squirrel Deterrent Options

Jin
#41 Posted : 4/16/2016 11:40:13 AM

yes

endlessness wrote:
I think growing your own food as ringworm is doing is way more sustainable and creating less pain to other life forms than buying fruits and veggies on the market, therefore I think it would make more sense that you would applaud his efforts instead of talking as if it represents 'humans losing the way' . I'd say it's more accurate to say that this is a clear example of 'finding the way' instead.

By the way, you do know that nature is extremely cruel too, right? It's not like animals are petting each other in the wild and there are no deaths. There are animals torturing each other even without the need to kill for survival, there is a lot of pain, survival of the fittest, one eating the other, etc.

definetly , its hard to imagine what ringworm has to go through while growing food ,

it takes a strong person to do such things and make the hard decison when the time comes ,

what ringworm is doing is not "humanity having lost the way " , what all of humanity is doing as a whole is "humanity having lost the way "

people that don't grow food really have no idea , and its easy to judge without any idea of what it takes

also nature is definetly far more cruel for it feels no pain in its actions , nature kills countlessly , sometimes without any reason or rhyme (more often then not)

these posts are just a reflection on the powerlessness over the things of the world , and how all of it just so unsustainable

edit : hey this is not an attack , ringworm
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ringworm
#42 Posted : 4/16/2016 12:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The hawk that hangs around scooping up rabbits^

I never took it as an attack. Perhaps I was misreading or misunderstanding your words, but they appeared highly negative about your situation, not mine.
I do not comprehend hating a situation and doing nothing to change it.

It's kinda the Tao line of thought that the best way to change the world is to change yourself. Set a good example and let the rest fall in line.
It's a hard year to stay positive with politics here in the US dredging up the lowest humans available, and things going on in the world that are horrible, etc. Important to take what little we've learned from psychedelia and apply it the best we can to our world (without taking it too seriously).

Either way.... off to the woods today, go walk around for a few days.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

hug46
#43 Posted : 4/18/2016 11:05:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
What about a wild boar deterrent... They ate nearly all of my last year's veggie garden, even tried eating the san pedros but apparently didn't like it very much thank god.

We have had the same problem. a sturdy-ish wooden fence is the answer. We used to have an electric fence hooked up to a car battery which is less time consuming to sort but if a baby gets in underneath the charged electric cord the mother will risk the shock to follow her child.

As far as Ringworm's thoughts on invasive critters and the human disposition towards anthropomorphising animals i have to agree. Since i last wrote about my house inavsion in this thread i have had to pull out all the insulation in my roof. They have eaten through my plumbing resulting in a flooded bathroom. They have eaten through a gas pipe which luckily was only connected to a nearly empty gas bottle. They have even stolen 2 bags of weed off of me.

I still trap them with humane traps and relocate them but have been far less prone to being lachrimose when i have found them drowned in the toilet (round about 20 during the dry summer last year).
It's me or them. It's not cruel. It's just nature, and nature isn't cruel. I got a friend of mine to skin and gut a couple of the drowned ones for me to eat. I glazed them in honey, stuffed them with dried breadcrumbs, garlic, sage, onion and lardons and baked them.

PREV123