We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Long-term storage Options

opticuswrangler
#21 Posted : 6/7/2009 3:57:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmn, I'm pretty certain that the alks in the bark are caught up in a more stable salt form. I don't think that the salt is very prone to oxidation. Not that I'm a chemist or particularly clever, but if there is a difference over three years, it seems negligible.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

zombicyckel
#22 Posted : 2/2/2012 9:35:39 AM

Armchair activist

So what about the most obvious, how long does freebase dmt last in a 20 C room? while in a normal airtaight containe and dark room. Dont really want to convert to furmate.

Is furmate smokable? Or do one have to convert it back into freebase

*oneironaut*
#23 Posted : 12/24/2012 3:48:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So like a good nexian I referred to the FAQ section first to figure out the best way to store my goodies. I don't do it very ofter, maybe once a month if that, so I wanted a way to keep freebase xtals stored as long as possible. I don't have a vacuum sealer and don't want to convert to fumarate salt. So taking the basic concepts; dark good, cool good, air bad I came up with this poor man\lazyman solution. I'm willing to bet it will last for years this way. Here's what i did.

I made individual Cryo PakTM Very happy

took non-bleached parchment paper and cut them into 2 inch squares and made tiny bundles with approx 50mg doses
then tightly wrapped those in 3 inch tinfoil making sure to get them nice and flat no air
then folded a piece of packing tape around that making sure to squeeze out any air and then trimmed off the extra tape.
then that all went into a ziploc bag with air sucked out of it and into the freezer

SO what do you guys think, this should keep for a very long time don't you think. When i want some, i just take one out, let it warm to room temp (to avoid any condensation) and then unwrap my special little Cryo Pak TM and ENJOY! Big grin Big grin Big grin

here's the pictorial
*oneironaut* attached the following image(s):
cryo_pak.jpg (410kb) downloaded 228 time(s).
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

PREV12