We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Cybs 'MAX ION' tek Options

starway6
#101 Posted : 3/15/2014 11:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Cyb..
I just tryed heating and cooling for over an hour and noticed my napatha layer seperated very cleanly and fast!Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#102 Posted : 3/26/2014 10:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?

rabies_70
#103 Posted : 4/6/2014 9:39:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Max Ion Tek is my favorite so far. 1.9% from last few powdered MHRB extractions.

Question on using Epsom Salts. Say some bonehead non chemistry oriented person was using the tek with 100g powdered MHRB known to be good bark. Followed the recipe as written EXCEPT the bonehead non chemist used Epsom Salts instead of NaCl.(saw posts about good results and like a bonehead went for it without understanding it) 80g dissolved in hot water. Made the soup look "weird" almost instantly. After basifying The normally blackish basified soup looked to turn, I don't know, sort of less black? More brown grayish and thicker? If that makes any sense at all.

So the bonehead continues on and pours into the separation funnel like normal and adds 30ml heated Naptha (the bonehead did use a water bath to warm the naptha, no open flames) and shakes solution, not too crazy on the shaking just the "normal" amount. And the Naptha didn't really separate very much, as it usually seems to form a separate layer fairly quickly. Not so this time. And it also only gave back about 5-10ml naptha. Just put the whole soup mix all back the the SepFunnel and it's really not too interested in forming two layers. There appears to be three layers. Bottom = soup, middle is a sort of translucent brownish, top is clearish naptha.

The bonehead knows he stepped in it now, made some crazy emulsion or who knows what, and is humbly asking for a direction to take to move forward. Is this the point where one would add NaCl to break the emulsion? Chemistry is definitely not my strong suit. This will get set aside for tonight.I am going to restart another and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS this time like normal.

It's been a helluva couple weeks, hyperslapped in some gnarly travels, met an entity with piecing blue eyes and powers that I can still 'feel' clear as they were when they were right in front of me, it has been very very interesting interacting with something as powerful as it is, mind warpingly so. And now this, an utterly newb move.

I hope the day is kind to y'all.

Ray

Earthwalker
#104 Posted : 4/12/2014 9:29:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys just want to share my results using 200g ACRB !

Who says you can't get crystal from ACRB !

I use Cybs max-ion TEK to the T Thumbs up but instead of using vinegar and the amounts Cyb & CTM sergests I use HCL for acid and I use a ph meter for that and basifying also before basing I defat 3-4 times ( "it's a must" ) Wut? !!! Then warm water baths at 45-50 deg and a 8 hour acid soak + 3-4 hr basify soak warm pulls with Kcb shellite for pulls at 50ml per pull , pulls 1-2 in the same dish , pulls 3-4-5 also together , pulls 6-7 then so on till it don't give no more also I keep my pulls warm until they go in my precipe dish and I don't pre evap , just let cool to room temp then I put in fridge for 2hrs then freezer for 12-18 hrs , then presto
Pulls one and two in the rectangle dish, pulls 3-4-5 in the big round dish , pulls 6-7 in the small round dish will update will final weight with max-ion TEK with 200g ACRB!!!!!! ;-)

Edit ;; ok so the next large dish with high walls holds pull 8 - 9 and then the other round dish against the box holds pulls 10 - 11 , and It looks like it's still got plenty to give yet I've got pull 12-13 in freezer as of now I'll post pics if it yields !!

Edit ;; well pulls 12-13 and 14-15 have came out and it looks as if it's got more to give photos below are 12-13 in rectangle and

14-15 in the round dish , I no it's not going to weigh much but as long as it keeps giving I'll keep pulling , it'll be interesting to see

just how much more it got to give !!!

Earthwalker
#105 Posted : 4/13/2014 8:05:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so just weighed the crystals only 120mg of yellow crystals and 600mg of goo ,

then majority of crystals are a beautiful white that don't need to be cleaned up what so ever and they weighed in at 1740mg !

So the total weight is 2,460 mg of 200g batch of ACRB which I think is a 1.2% yield !

Not to shabby , I'm fairly pleased plus I've still got pulls 16-17 in the freezer and I will update tomorrow if it yields anything at all !

Earthwalker
#106 Posted : 4/13/2014 10:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I was gob smacked this morning when I opened my freezer , I've got a gift that keeps on giving pulls 16-17 below it accualy looks

it's got more in this then pull 14-15 I don't no why this is maybe Cyb or some other more Experianced members can let me no why this

is or why it's just keeping giving in a slow and steady way rather then giving all it's goodies in the first say 8-9 or even 10th pulls ??

EDIT ;; well it's still going pulls 18-19 below , I've got no words to explain this !!

Du57mi73
#107 Posted : 4/15/2014 8:57:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is total yield so far, Earth?
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Earthwalker
#108 Posted : 4/16/2014 1:28:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:

It was totaled at around 2,600mg I was very happy indeed ! Thumbs up

Earthwalker
#109 Posted : 5/6/2014 2:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could someone please tell me when scaling up the TEK I no the acidifying and basefying as I've a ph meter but say I'm doing 200gram instead of 100gram as written in the TEK it says 80g salt for 100g bark , how do I scale the salt ???

cyb
#110 Posted : 5/6/2014 3:35:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Earthwalker wrote:
how do I scale the salt ???

Depends how much water you are using...you could do 200g Bark in (appx)1 litre of water if you wanted so the amount would stay the same.
(I would go closer to 2 litres personally to avoid sludginess)
If you use more water...just throw a bit more salt in there...it's not precise...just extra salination. Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Du57mi73
#111 Posted : 5/23/2014 10:32:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Du57mi73 wrote:

I dont see your original post about your extraction.. How much bark did ya use?
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Earthwalker
#112 Posted : 5/24/2014 1:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:
Du57mi73 wrote:

Earthwalker
#113 Posted : 5/24/2014 1:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
Earthwalker wrote:
Du57mi73 wrote:

I'm not sure if it was 200g or 250g but I'm leaning toward the 250g !!

I deleted OP cause the same results are mentioned here https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=536652#post536652

But I'll undelete it !!

Edit ; no it was 200g

Al-Wasi
#114 Posted : 5/28/2014 2:53:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

im not understanding the freezing part.... after you freeze your bark 3 times and transfer it when your done.. are you transferring the water you froze it in as well or just the bark material???

doing the first extract and the original salt tek is truly easy to understand but reading this max ionn tek has me confused... plan on ding just the 50g bark as its first time and dont want to waste if it goes wrong...

but the max ion is vague when it comes to quantity of liquids..

the salt tek states your want 700ml but this max ion is not so precise..

im understanding you just want a liquid solution and not sludge but im trying not to run into problems with over doing it...

basically if i follow the measurement from the salt tek but add the extra steps such as freezing from max ion will it be alright?
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Entheogenerator
#115 Posted : 5/28/2014 4:03:43 AM

Homo discens

wakeup wrote:
im not understanding the freezing part.... after you freeze your bark 3 times and transfer it when your done.. are you transferring the water you froze it in as well or just the bark material???

doing the first extract and the original salt tek is truly easy to understand but reading this max ionn tek has me confused... plan on ding just the 50g bark as its first time and dont want to waste if it goes wrong...

but the max ion is vague when it comes to quantity of liquids..

the salt tek states your want 700ml but this max ion is not so precise..

im understanding you just want a liquid solution and not sludge but im trying not to run into problems with over doing it...

basically if i follow the measurement from the salt tek but add the extra steps such as freezing from max ion will it be alright?

Yes, you can use the water that you froze with the bark.

The Max Ion tek can't be as precise with measurements as the Salt Tek because there are other variables involved. For example, 500mL water added to one sample of powdered MHRB may or may not produce a mixture with the same consistency as 500mL water added to a different sample of powdered MHRB.

Yes, you can add the freezing step from the Max Ion tek to the Salt Tek. I would actually recommend that you do so. If I'm not mistaken, the Salt Tek is more beginner-friendly than the Max Ion tek, for the most part.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page โ‹ Health & Safety โ‹ FAQ โ‹ Known Substance Interactions โ‹ Extraction Teks โ‹ The Machine

cyb
#116 Posted : 5/28/2014 7:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

wakeup wrote:
are you transferring the water you froze it in as well or just the bark material??

The water and the bark is used. The water swells the bark cells and the ice crystals will break the cell walls releasing the alkaloids into the water...this is the function and purpose of freeze thawing.

wakeup wrote:

Yes.

From the first post in this thread...in bright yellow, eye catching letters

Quote:
This tek is presented assuming that you already have a working
knowledge of extracting
, safety etc. and have the necessary equipment.

Please understand 'what' you are doing and 'why' you are doing it before diving into this tek.

Al-Wasi
#117 Posted : 5/28/2014 6:53:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the responses.

Cyb, that's exactly what I'm doing is trying to understand what is being done so I do a better job.

If I understand right. You can't use too much water or lye when doing this.

The water is to provide a aquaues solution that isn't sludgey but slippery. And the lye is converting the salt to freebase form.

You can however over salt? And the non polar solution technically can't be overused as you can always evaporate down prior to freeze precip?

Is it recommended to evap the naphtha even if using the 50ml pulls the tek states?

I read a 2:1 ratio of nonpolar solvent is recommended. So 50g bark would call for 25ml naptha.

After reading this I figured I'd use the 50ml in the ten and evap if not cloudy but is this necessary
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Earthwalker
#118 Posted : 5/29/2014 4:02:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wakeup wrote:
Thank you for the responses.

Cyb, that's exactly what I'm doing is trying to understand what is being done so I do a better job.

If I understand right. You can't use too much water or lye when doing this.

The water is to provide a aquaues solution that isn't sludgey but slippery. And the lye is converting the salt to freebase form.

You can however over salt? And the non polar solution technically can't be overused as you can always evaporate down prior to freeze precip?

Is it recommended to evap the naphtha even if using the 50ml pulls the tek states?

I read a 2:1 ratio of nonpolar solvent is recommended. So 50g bark would call for 25ml naptha.

After reading this I figured I'd use the 50ml in the ten and evap if not cloudy but is this necessary

If you use 50g bark use 50ml naphtha if you use 100g bark use 100ml naphtha also if you want to add multiple pulls together in the same precipe dish pre evap till milky !!

Also if you're worried about over doing the chemicals get a ph meter ! There only $10 bucks on eBay !

cyb
#119 Posted : 5/29/2014 6:37:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
If you use 50g bark use 50ml naphtha if you use 100g bark use 100ml naphtha

Sorry EW...this is not correct.

You use 40-50ml of solvent for each pull regardless of the quantity of bark or water.

Think about it...if a Re-x, using 30ml of hot solvent, can hold 1g of spice...then each pull can 'potentially' hold 1g (or more) of product.

Effectively you are trying to drag out 1g at a time (although this never happens)

Using any more solvent than this is a waste and will dilute too much, making precip more unlikely.

Combining pulls and air evap to saturate, is a good idea.

All used solvent can and should be Re-used.

Earthwalker
#120 Posted : 5/30/2014 3:27:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you Cyb or other members with extracting knowledge , I've change my tek in a way where I won't defat until I gather all the multiple pulls and do a mini A/B after getting rid off all the unwanted fats and bark dust etc , before I basify the new mix do I have to salt it ??

«PREV45678NEXT»