We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Cybs 'MAX ION' tek Options

cyb
#81 Posted : 2/22/2014 8:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

mailorderdiety wrote:
i have one last question about this tek. it's about heated naphtha drawing more product. if it's left in the solution too long and cools does it then lose the product? or once it's there it stays there? thanks

Yes it stays there unless the solvent gets very cold (due to the polarity of the freebase in the base solution, non polar solvents attract the molecules.)

The heat of the solvent just allows it to be saturated further. (warmer solvent holds more product in suspension...freezing solvent precipitates the product.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mailorderdiety
#82 Posted : 2/22/2014 8:38:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks cyb.

Earthwalker
#83 Posted : 2/23/2014 2:12:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
mailorderdiety wrote:
i have one last question about this tek. it's about heated naphtha drawing more product. if it's left in the solution too long and cools does it then lose the product? or once it's there it stays there? thanks

Yes it stays there unless the solvent gets very cold (due to the polarity of the freebase in the base solution, non polar solvents attract the molecules.)

The heat of the solvent just allows it to be saturated further. (warmer solvent holds more product in suspension...freezing solvent precipitates the product.

One last question ! Lol 😜 ( there's always one last question )Big grin
When pulling time has come is it best to allow the base soup to " cool slightly or cool to room temp " when adding the warm / hot

naphtha so it takes full advantage of the warmth ? Or should both be warm ??Thumbs up

cyb
#84 Posted : 2/23/2014 8:12:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Earthwalker wrote:
When pulling time has come is it best to allow the base soup to " cool slightly or cool to room temp " when adding the warm / hot naphtha so it takes full advantage of the warmth ? Or should both be warm ??Thumbs up

Please read the tek before asking questions that are answered in the PDF.
Room temp soup and hot solvent pulls is one of the significant upgrades of this tek.
The answer is yes to the first Q.

starway6
#85 Posted : 2/23/2014 4:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb..
Ive tryed cybs salt tek it seemed easy and workked well..!
What benifit does the max ion tek have over the salt tek?

cyb
#86 Posted : 2/23/2014 6:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
Cyb..
Ive tryed cybs salt tek it seemed easy and workked well..!
What benifit does the max ion tek have over the salt tek?

The benefit is that it offers a greater chance of grabbing all that the bark has to offer by using every trick in the proverbial book.
Done correctly it should exhaust the powder entirely.

If you're getting good results with the previous tek...try it and compare.

Du57mi73
#87 Posted : 2/24/2014 1:44:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb, have you tried using any magnesium sulfate in your teks in place or in conjunction with the regular salts? Ive been hearing good things of the Epsoms.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

cyb
#88 Posted : 2/24/2014 7:17:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
Cyb, have you tried using any magnesium sulfate in your teks in place or in conjunction with the regular salts? Ive been hearing good things of the Epsoms.

I haven't used it but I've spoken to some who have.
Epsoms have a higher ionic strength (4x) than NaCl...
It may serve to push product into the NPS quicker.
That is the only advantage that I can see in using it, yield may be affected but the end product is still the same. Smile

--Shadow
#89 Posted : 3/3/2014 4:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did an extraction of 70g ACRB, (using Cyb's MAX ION tek), and just evaporated the entire amount of naptha. I ended up with only 300mg of yellow goo. Loaded up 30mg in a conduction vaporizer (because I couldn't find the equipment to make "the machine" at 11pm Sunday night), and after two tokes I felt like I was on some strong happy gas, then started freaking out thinking maybe I was only getting high on leftover naptha or something nasty, so I stopped and the feeling went away after about a minute or two....

I ended up doing a hot naptha wash on the goo, pulled the naptha and only ended up with about 30gm of stuff left.... and even when its dried, it just looks like goo again
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

ChemisTryptaMan
#90 Posted : 3/8/2014 7:35:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A thorough defat with a heavy naphtha beforehand will go a long way in reducing the oil content. You can always do an A/B treatment on the oily product, this should clean it right up. I also like to use freeze precipitation, it definitely gives cleaner cystals.

Du57mi73
#91 Posted : 3/14/2014 7:51:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How come this tek wasn't put into the wiki?
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

a1pha
#92 Posted : 3/14/2014 7:54:26 PM
⨀

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Du57mi73 wrote:

The Wiki is a collaborative project. You are welcome to create an account and add it yourself. Doing so will take some of the load off poor Snozz and endlessness who have already dedicated so much time to making it what it is today.

Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

cyb
#93 Posted : 3/14/2014 8:46:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:

It is hyperlinked from the Introduction section Here

--Shadow
#94 Posted : 3/15/2014 12:59:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any specific reason you dissolve 80g in 200ml, and then top up (another 800ml) to make the 1L salt solution? Instead of say dissolving it more easily in 300ml then topping up with +700ml
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

cyb
#95 Posted : 3/15/2014 1:03:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

--Shadow wrote:
Is there any specific reason you dissolve 80g in 200ml, and then top up (another 800ml) to make the 1L salt solution? Instead of say dissolving it more easily in 300ml then topping up with +700ml

No specific reason...if you want to do it that way, you can. Smile

--Shadow
#96 Posted : 3/15/2014 1:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
--Shadow wrote:

No specific reason...if you want to do it that way, you can. Smile

So, would 80g still be the maximum amount of salt you would add to your 1L solution?
Or, could you boil a larger amount and just keep dissolving more salt until it's a fully saturated 1L solution?

User1911
#97 Posted : 3/15/2014 1:32:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:

Yes, I have used epson salts and yielded a little over 2%, epson salt works great, but it would be good to see others results so its confirmed by more people.

cyb
#98 Posted : 3/15/2014 1:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

--Shadow wrote:
So, would 80g still be the maximum amount of salt you would add to your 1L solution?
Or, could you boil a larger amount and just keep dissolving more salt until it's a fully saturated 1L solution?

80g of salt per Litre of water is more than enough to get the job done. Over saturation is unnecessary and detrimental.

starway6
#99 Posted : 3/15/2014 3:29:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb.. Ive noticed that i get better results every one or two napatha pulls.. by adding more lye and salt to base to push out more product and this seems to work by making mix re heat..
But because I may have to do 8 or 10 napatha pulls with Acacia thata adding a ..
[LOT of lye!] and salt after 10 or more pulls..
Can the heat produced by ..[repeated heat baths on base mix].. [heating and cooling] take the place of adding lye and salt?
When adding ..[more and more lye to base].. in a one quart vinegar bottle .....
[with 100 grams bark powder]...that many times.. just to force out the product Im concerned i may be using too much lye causing increased chance of lye contamination when i pull out the napatha layer?
So does heating and cooling ..[base]..in heat bath work as well as adding more and more lye in your opinion?
Ive read that too much lye cant be used durring extraction but not shure thats true..
Any opinion welcome..

cyb
#100 Posted : 3/15/2014 5:26:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Starway wrote:
So does heating and cooling ..[base]..in heat bath work as well as adding more and more lye in your opinion?

You only need enough lye to cause the chemical reaction {to convert the DMT molecule from the salt form (DMT acetate) to the freebase form}.

Adding more lye should make no difference whatsoever (well maybe helps quell emulsions)

The heat helps the reaction along and allows more of the plants contents to transfer to the solvent.

Remember, this tek will grab 'everything' the bark has to offer...oils/NMT/DMT...the works
What you do later, with regards to cleaning/separating/making white crystals etc, is up to you.

The tek was designed with Mimosa to maximise the retrieval of alkaloid content.
If you are using ACRB, be aware that the bark is variable and temperamental and not consistent in its output (as mimosa is) .

Sometimes you'll get Goo...Sometimes Crystals (or both) Wink

«PREV34567NEXT»