We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Cybs 'MAX ION' tek Options

Grower
#61 Posted : 10/14/2013 7:18:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, so the oil will eventually dry into something solid?
The oil is drying as we speak but i guess you talk about quite some time.
I have had the oil drying for 3 days and at least that isn't enough.
I will let it dry longer to see the results.
Thanks for all the advice.

Grower
Growing active and sacred plants and mushrooms is fun.
Chemistry and technology is fun.
Anger, violence and restricting rules are NO fun...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

cyb
#62 Posted : 10/14/2013 7:34:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Du57mi73 wrote:
Newb question, what is the difference in a/b and atb? Also was curious why this was in the stb section and not the a/b section. Sorry for semantics.

HERE
It's in the the STB section because there is no hybrid subforum.
There is a hybrid section Here in the Wiki.
Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

tgun
#63 Posted : 10/28/2013 8:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well Im back to give it another go. Thumbs up It worked great on ACRB but I am not sure of the yield being I couldnt measure it but it was enough for a few trials. I re-read and hopefully picked up a couple of pointers to get more out of this round and Ill be doing the heat baths better this time rather than pulling cold.

voyaj
#64 Posted : 11/5/2013 3:14:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

My extraction using this tek is almost complete EDIT: (that is wishful thinking, until I actually have dry crystals I should not say that). I just checked the freezer and there is a lot of material.

What I noticed is that there seems to be a lot of "floaters".

What I am paranoid of, is on my last attempt I simply grabbed it out of the freezer and put the crystals through a coffee filter and they melted. I have now noted from many notes from others that I should return the solution to the fridge for a hour or two and then just pour it off maybe without using a coffee filter and just scrape and reuse the solvent.

Since there seems to be a lot of smaller crystals floating does anyone have any better suggestions than using a coffee filter? I really want those crystals and I don't want them to melt.

Thanks in advance - and thank you Cyb and Thick-Light!

EDIT Nevermind, after coming home from work I discovered the small crystals in suspension this was after about 12 hours of being in the freezer. I think someone in my house must have disturbed them, I went to look again a few hours later and all of the crystalline structures have settled to the bottom of the dish (there are so many!). I'm sure after another 24 hours they will stick to the dish. I realize now how important patience is during the process. It makes sense.

cyb
#65 Posted : 11/5/2013 7:23:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Don't use coffee filters to catch floaters...they will just melt back into the solvent soaked fabric as the temperature rises and be lost.
If you get floaters, the best way it to either freeze longer or pour off very carefully and slowly. Use a baster.
Even if a couple escape you can reuse the solvent for the next pull and get them back.

Quote:
I have now noted from many notes from others that I should return the solution to the fridge for a hour or two

I don't know where you read that but that's not the best idea.
As the solvent's temperature rises, even above 0*, the product will start to reabsorb back into solution.

Once poured off you can return the crystals to the freezer (upside down) to drain and dry without fear of melting.
Fan dry afterwards to be sure that all the solvent has evaporated.

voyaj
#66 Posted : 11/5/2013 12:59:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much of the material settled to the bottom but was still slightly suspended and not sticking.
I slowly poured off about 30% of the solvent into another jar. After a few hours it seems that
that did the trick and now the material is sticking to the bottom of the dish. Will let it stay
in the freezer another 24 hours, decant, leave in the freezer upside down, then scrape and then
put the solvent back into the base and re-pull with the separate solvents in separate dishes.

Thanks Cyb!

ChemisTryptaMan
#67 Posted : 2/8/2014 9:16:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here and just decided to check in. Someone asked about using xylene for the defat. Very bad idea. The problem here is that spice is soluble to some extent in every solvent in both of its forms. Spice is also an indole which means it is aromatic. This will cause both it's forms to be highly soluble in xylene and toluene, which are both aromatic.

I think some variation of this tek can expose the real potential behind acacia. I believe it to be a very potent source, but the defat step has to be perfected. This has to be done with a solvent that is great at picking up oils but one that does not like the protonated spice. I would think gamsol would be a good one but you never know for sure. I think an alternative route is just to pull everything and then worry about seperation techniques once all the spice is freed from solution. I've been playing with DCM as a cleanup solvent with some success, but I'm finding the best results are coming from my hybrid solvents that incorporate aliphatics and DCM. I plan to keep working on this and will let cyb know what I find. Happy extracting nexians!

CTM

mailorderdiety
#68 Posted : 2/16/2014 5:03:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

howdy everybody, haven't been on for about a year. been an amazing year. but i'm out of my mhrb powder spice. so i was lucky to find some(kilo of pink) from mex. anyways i used cyb's last teck and got way over 2 percent yield on ACRB. very pleased. but it was mixed with nmt and the results were not the same with my friends. i personally had no trouble enjoying it's out of this world effects(full breakthrough that lasted easily twice as long for me). So i'm going to try this tech on this mex. mhrb. I had used ascorbic acid in the past to avoid that smell of the simmering vinegar. i saw here that cyb said most prefer vinegar to ascorbic. any reason why? i'll use vinegar if that's the case, but would love to know why and also preferably avoid that smell simmering. thanks for such an amazing tech and all the hard work here. this forum has been single handedly the most important thing in my life and i still marvel at all i've seen after what i've found from here.

cyb
#69 Posted : 2/16/2014 7:41:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mailorderdeity wrote:
cyb said most prefer vinegar to ascorbic. any reason why?

You can use ascorbic if you wish...you just have to know how much to add to get to the desired pH.
Since you have a lid on your bottle...odour should not be an issue.
Also, there is NO simmering involved with this tek. Only WARM water baths.
Make sure you read the tek thoroughly. Wink

Earthwalker
#70 Posted : 2/16/2014 8:54:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone please tell me the reasoning behind with acidifying with half the amount of vinegar in the max-ion TEK compared with the double the amount in the hybrid TEK ???
I mean with either TEK isn't the ph to be the same in any TEK ???Confused

cyb
#71 Posted : 2/16/2014 9:09:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:
Can anyone please tell me the reasoning behind with acidifying with half the amount of vinegar in the max-ion TEK compared with the double the amount in the hybrid TEK ???
I mean with either TEK isn't the ph to be the same in any TEK ???Confused

The vinegar (acetic acid) is roughly the same in both teks (60ml hybrid and appx 50ml max ion)
It is NOT double Confused
The amounts recommended are 'over exaggerated' so that newbies without sophisticated pH equipment can just add more than enough to adjust the pH successfully.

Also form the 1st page of this thread:

tek wrote:
This tek is presented assuming that you already have a working
knowledge of extracting, safety etc. and have the necessary equipment.

You really need to understand the process of extraction and the simple chemistry behind it. That is why the tek is presented as it is...without complex chemical explanations, and a direction to the older tek for a pictorial.

edit: Water amount shown is larger because of the fact that you maybe using 100g of bark (as stated in the introduction)

Earthwalker
#72 Posted : 2/16/2014 9:18:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The reason I thought this Cyb is although the vinegar amount is the same 50-60 ml ( hybrid ) 200ml h2o 60ml vinegar ! Vs ( max-ion ) 400ml h2o 50-60ml vinegar ??

edit: Sorry if I've miss interpreted , but I meant the water amount is halved or doubled depending on which way you look at it not the vinegar ,, sorry !!

Edit:- sorry Cyb now I feel like a real twit !! Embarrased

mailorderdiety
#73 Posted : 2/16/2014 7:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
mailorderdeity wrote:
cyb said most prefer vinegar to ascorbic. any reason why?

You can use ascorbic if you wish...you just have to know how much to add to get to the desired pH.
Since you have a lid on your bottle...odour should not be an issue.
Also, there is NO simmering involved with this tek. Only WARM water baths.
Make sure you read the tek thoroughly. Wink

thanks and you're right. i confused this tek with other acid tek that had simmers.... i think it was thicklight. i was combining elements of both of them, that's why i got them confused. i'll be more careful asking for help and read thoroughly before asking again. cheers.

starway6
#74 Posted : 2/17/2014 12:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb..
Hey cyb...Is cybs [salt tek much] diferent from the max ion tek?
I used the 50gram acrb powdered bark.. then used salt tek recently with decent results..
From 50 grams of bark i got good crystals on first two pulls only without a freezer..
I folowed the salt tek ..and used heat bath ..then buried sealed jar in ice over night
results below...
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08136.JPG (68kb) downloaded 1,325 time(s).
DSC08140.JPG (76kb) downloaded 1,321 time(s).
DSC08145.JPG (77kb) downloaded 1,336 time(s).

cyb
#75 Posted : 2/17/2014 3:49:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry Starway6...bit of a system glitch earlier Smile
I'm going to reduce those pics a bit as they're huge (just for site cleaning purposes).

mailorderdiety
#76 Posted : 2/19/2014 2:40:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just want to express gratitude! i popped 100 grams of mhrb from mexico in a wine bottle, followed this tek and got great results already on my first pull. haven't weighed it yet but it's the large lasagna dish and there's a lot there. the naphtha wasn't even cloudy and it left plenty. this is the easiest(cleanest tek) i've used. no smell, no mess. thanks again cyb. i'll post my percentage when i'm done. first pull is 600 mg fluffy and white and smells like jasmine. patience was key just like you said cyb. this took about 16 hours.
mailorderdiety attached the following image(s):
IMG_4709.JPG (3,499kb) downloaded 1,280 time(s).
IMG_4712.JPG (2,145kb) downloaded 1,265 time(s).

Earthwalker
#77 Posted : 2/20/2014 8:53:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic result Mailorderdiety ,, looks smik mate , how much vinegar did you use at the acidifying stage !!

mailorderdiety
#78 Posted : 2/20/2014 7:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks earthwalker! i haven't tried it yet so i can't say how good it is, but i'm very excited by it's fluffiness and fine smell. as to the vinegar i just poured in a splash. i'm doing another one now and trying to follow it to the letter and putting exactly what cyb says to use in the pdf. i really need to try and follow things more closely. most of the time i pour stuff in that feels right. have gotten great results but there is a reason for things being exact in the instructions and i'm trying to get with that Pleased

mailorderdiety
#79 Posted : 2/21/2014 8:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

howdy everybody. just wanted to follow up on my progress trying this tech. the first time i did it with 100 grams powdered mhrb from mex. i followed loosely the tech, forgot to put the salt in till just before base, also just poured a tablespoon or so of himalayan rock salt. also just eyballed a splash of vinegar. on three pulls back to back i got really nice fluffy white 650mg. very happy but of course there's probably more spice in there. i've been slowly doing more pulls and i'm still getting more out, just not as big of results.

So on the second attempt i tried to follow the tech exactly. measured my salt(italian sea salt, no added iodine), vinegar and water. I reused my naphtha from the previous attempt. so i think that is why my spice is much more yellow. But i was able to get 1.2 grams from 3 back to back pulls. double the first attempt. On my first two pulls i re-used the naphtha and on the third pull i put new nap in and got whiter , larger crystals. it seems this bark is in the 1.5% range unless i'm doing something wrong. any thoughts? and again thank you so much for such a wonderfully easy and clear tech.
mailorderdiety attached the following image(s):
spice-process-feb.20.14-optimized.jpg (1,234kb) downloaded 1,277 time(s).

mailorderdiety
#80 Posted : 2/22/2014 8:02:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have one last question about this tek. it's about heated naphtha drawing more product. if it's left in the solution too long and cools does it then lose the product? or once it's there it stays there? thanks

«PREV23456NEXT»