We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Swims Peganum Harmala Extraction Options

nadir
#21 Posted : 5/11/2009 6:51:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

freebase should be the best: it's easy to vaporize or use sublingually
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phlux-
#22 Posted : 5/12/2009 5:13:12 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

swim took a batch of dirtyish freebase from the cleanup op - washed it with basic water then crystallized it in acetone - no reddening but it was noticed that there was either 2 kinds of xtals (dark spikey ones & flat clear ones) or dirt on some xtals or a different formation type to the rest - no harmala red was noticed - swim wants to know now how to separate the harmaline from the harmine without using alcahol as swim has none of that - dlimonene ? any ideas ?

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

burnt
#23 Posted : 5/12/2009 7:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^You could take advantage of the difference in pka. Harmine is about 7.07 or 7.45 (seen both reported) and harmaline is 9.55. pka is the pH at which a substance exists half in its ionized form and half in its freebase form. So if you keep the pH below 8.5 or 8 and you extract with a non polar solvent the harmine will dissolve but the harmaline won't and at pH above 9.55 harmaline will dissolve (so will harmine unless its removed first).

There is also chromatography but thats rather advanced but if you want to let know more ask.

Phlux-
#24 Posted : 5/12/2009 7:29:08 PM

The Root

nice one - just the info i was looking for - thanks man.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#25 Posted : 5/12/2009 7:31:16 PM

The Root

if harmaline or hamine is mixed with a base - wont it precip out as soon as the ph goes up as in basing in the manske - say swim disolves his harmaloids in water then pushes the ph up to 8.2 - wont the harmine just drop out - ? - would swim have to use a solvent - ? if so what solvent ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

burnt
#26 Posted : 5/12/2009 7:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Yes it should start to precipitate. But it probably wont crystallize just make a cloudy haze in the water. SWWIM don't know the best solvent to use off hand SWIM have to check a reference which SWIM don't have right now.

Phlux-
#27 Posted : 5/12/2009 7:59:40 PM

The Root

thanks man - swim will make the solution and has the perfect way to filter it to catch the solids
its crude but it works well - the plunger and needle are removed from a syringe, a perfectly fitting disk is cut out of a coffee filter and fitted - most of the clear liquid is decanted and filtered first - quick - then the muck.
When most of the liquid is out the plunger is put back in and the remaining liquid is pressed out by the air pressure when the plunger is pushed, - the collected solids are carefully removed by tapping etc to produce a tablet which should be chopped and dried further.
after this swim will try to rextalize again to see if this solved the issue.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Big Inhale
#28 Posted : 5/15/2009 4:10:51 PM

The Enlightend One

Fuego wrote:
a better way of cleaning your freebase is to just add it to water let it settle to the bottom, decant, add more water, so on until the water is clear. your freebase will be rediculously clean Very happy
Can someone confirm this please ron or burnt?
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

kemist
#29 Posted : 5/15/2009 4:43:25 PM

John

Big Inhale wrote:
Fuego wrote:
a better way of cleaning your freebase is to just add it to water let it settle to the bottom, decant, add more water, so on until the water is clear. your freebase will be rediculously clean Very happy

The water should be basified otherwise you loose product!
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Big Inhale
#30 Posted : 5/15/2009 5:12:49 PM

The Enlightend One

kemist wrote:
Big Inhale wrote:
Fuego wrote:

The water should be basified otherwise you loose product!
How much loss are we talkiing about?
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Phlux-
#31 Posted : 5/15/2009 5:30:41 PM

The Root

swim washed with basified water and the only loss was a loss of impurities (the water was basified with sodium carbonate)

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Big Inhale
#32 Posted : 5/15/2009 5:44:59 PM

The Enlightend One

Phlux- wrote:
swim washed with basified water and the only loss was a loss of impurities (the water was basified with sodium carbonate)

So lye could be used ? What ph was the water?
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

Phlux-
#33 Posted : 5/16/2009 10:13:39 AM

The Root

swim mixed about 2 teaspoons of sodium carbonate in about 100ml warm water to make the basic solution - no idea - sodium carbonate is really a much nicer base to work with.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Big Inhale
#34 Posted : 5/16/2009 7:26:59 PM

The Enlightend One

Phlux- wrote:
swim mixed about 2 teaspoons of sodium carbonate in about 100ml warm water to make the basic solution - no idea - sodium carbonate is really a much nicer base to work with.
So you think one tablespoon of lye would be sufficient since its stronger.
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

Phlux-
#35 Posted : 5/17/2009 7:58:50 AM

The Root

1tbs lye to 100ml water would give you a very very strongly basic solution - perhaps too basic, could even possibly burn you - got anything against using bicarb or soda thats been baked in the oven - it really is a usefull thing to have around, its safe, etc...

when swim finishes his lye he will never buy lye again, sodium carbonate and calcium hydroxide seem to function perfecly and are far safer.

is there any extraction application where lye is required and the other 2 i mentioned wont cut it ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

kemist
#36 Posted : 5/17/2009 10:00:04 AM

John

One wouldn't dump the lye. This bloke used it with quiet a succes.
bluejay wrote:
grind seed,,,soak in HCL water,,,filter,,, raise ph to 12 via lye water,,,let stand,,, vacuum pump out water,,,,pour in ph 12 again 2 more times,,,settleing after each time,,, now pour in straight hcl,,crystals dissolve and realse junk that was captured within them,,hcl water will be dark again,,,,raise ph to 12 and just keep doin this,,,take about a week and a half to run one jar,,hence running many at a time...

not sure what pH has the initial soaking HCl water. It could be possible that extreme pH may break down those gums and oils which making filtration so difficult
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Big Inhale
#37 Posted : 5/17/2009 7:02:42 PM

The Enlightend One

Phlux- wrote:
1tbs lye to 100ml water would give you a very very strongly basic solution - perhaps too basic, could even possibly burn you - got anything against using bicarb or soda thats been baked in the oven - it really is a usefull thing to have around, its safe, etc...

when swim finishes his lye he will never buy lye again, sodium carbonate and calcium hydroxide seem to function perfecly and are far safer.

is there any extraction application where lye is required and the other 2 i mentioned wont cut it ?
I have nothing against it I just dont have it and I have a good amount I would like to use it up.So what would be a good measurement with Lye to water Using 5 grams of extract.
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

kemist
#38 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:43:58 AM

John

Big Inhale wrote:
Phlux- wrote:

I have nothing against it I just dont have it and I have a good amount I would like to use it up.So what would be a good measurement with Lye to water Using 5 grams of extract.

ehrmmm So you fancy pH of 12 with strong base NaOH. Very simple calculation
pH = 12, m NaOH = ?

pH =14 - pOH => pOH = 14 - pOH => pOH = 2

pH = -log c(OH) As I said NaOH is strong base so one can say c(OH)= c NaOH

Then c = 10 exp(-2) = O,o1 Sooooo.... desirable molar concentration is 0.01 mol/dm3 = 0,01mol/l

Where `c` is molar concentration defined as c = n/V where n is amount of moles in solution and V is volume of solution......

Then `n` is defined as n = m/M where` m `is weight of chemical compound (NaOH) and `M` is it`s molar mass [Molar mass of NaOH is M = 40 g/mol ]

Then c= n/v = (m/M)/V => c= m/MV

Then m = cVM then for NaoH m= 0,01.1.40= 0,4 g NaOH

SOoo result To create solution of NaoH at pH 12 one need add 0,4 grams of 100% NaOH in 1 liter of distilled water!
so easy with that lye, pal! Twisted Evil

soulfood
#39 Posted : 5/19/2009 9:51:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I need to learn how to make sense of that Confused

kemist
#40 Posted : 5/19/2009 10:48:32 AM

John

soulfood wrote:
I need to learn how to make sense of that Confused

It`s very simple son

funny thing would be if one try reach pH of 8 with NaoH

then molar concentration would be 10exp(-6) and calculated amount of NaOH in one liter of distilled water would be 0,00004g = 40 micrograms. Laughing ridiculous, that`s very little ammount that`s near to treshold dose of LSD

PREV1234NEXT»