We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Long term effects of smoking DMT Options

coz42
#21 Posted : 4/24/2009 9:09:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"burnt" wrote:
I don't think you understand how psychedelic drugs effect the brain. Many are NOT neurotoxic. There is NO evidence that DMT is neurotoxic in the doses that most people consume. Its also an endogenous molecule in your body so if it was neurotoxic that would be kind of weird. I question the accuracy of this statement to the fullest.

The only question I have is the bad wrap psychedelics imposed from those.. less than affectionate'. LSD is as potent as they come, but DMT being endogenous as said, concerns me of psychosis leading into schizophrenia. Stating that, if DMT outbreaks schizophrenia then that would make yourself your own psychotogen? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

As far as I understand schizophrenia is that it is an ongoing genetic process occurring at birth. However, I don't think any professional would agree with the statement that psychedelics lead into psychosis, but then again, jumping off buildings isn't what I would consider normal behavior.

and as these experiences come and go, it kind of just happens and go on about your life in a caring self-confident, positive, affectionate, tolerant and creative way. If that's not the way it should be then I must be missing the picture.

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

polytrip
#22 Posted : 4/24/2009 10:19:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The brains of shizofrenics realy look different. Schizofrenia is realy a sort of brain damage. Psychedelics don't cause that kind of damage. When somebody had this type of brain damage and then suddenly got crazy after taking pyschedelics it's just that the schizofrenia was dorment. Most people who suddenly have a breakthrough of schizofrenia had sypmtoms before that could have been seen as a warnig sign; often people get realy depressed before it breaks through, they often tend to suddenly neglect themselves dramatically (not washing themselves anymore or changing clothes etc.),often they have shown a paranoïd way of thinking before or strange obsessions or fears. When you feel unstable or have any of these kind of symptoms you should just stay away from any mind altering substance. Most of the people who get crazy after taking some type of drug took amphetamines or coke, btw. psychedelic tryptamines are statistically relatively safe. Cannabis has a much greater chance of triggering psychosis.

burnt
#23 Posted : 4/24/2009 11:26:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I would imagine that psychosis and certain psychedelic states have some similarities. But schizophrenia is very debilitating and often there is certain things going on in the brain that are qualitatively different then a typical psychedelic agent. Pyschedelics certainly can make one lose touch with reality but the good thing is its usually temporary unless you were slipping anyway. I don't think the idea that these substances endogenous production can go haywire and make certain aspects of psychosis what they are is totally unfounded.

OverDosedLiving
#24 Posted : 5/4/2009 3:20:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LLB wrote:
makes a man healthy wealthy and wise...

trancepants
#25 Posted : 5/4/2009 6:42:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's important to stay in this reality as much as it is to stay in another.
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

soulfood
#26 Posted : 5/6/2009 1:23:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

trancepants wrote:

For sure... it's where I keep all my shit.

deedle-doo
#27 Posted : 5/6/2009 3:13:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
trancepants wrote:

For sure... it's where I keep all my shit.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Funniest thing I've seen all day!

wake and bacon
#28 Posted : 5/6/2009 4:53:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Laughing
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

Xstacy
#29 Posted : 5/6/2009 10:55:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Long term, not sure, short term - enlightenment beyond the that of the normal sheep going through life brain washed into thinking all drugs are bad blah blah.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

smokeydaze
#30 Posted : 7/29/2009 8:03:28 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

i dunno man, like what?
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

embracethevoid
#31 Posted : 7/29/2009 8:53:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IIRC you would get slurred speech and a weird tryptamine smell. I heard this somewhere online and this was later proven through personal experience. I had the slurred speech but I'm not too sure about the weird smell myself. A friend of mine said he had the weird smell and slurred speech. Both of these things faded away after cessation of use. This was with very heavy usage of mimosahuasca (from 2-5x a week for 2 months in a row). These were the only negative symptoms, that period of time I was filled with an insane vigour and drive for life.

Smerrel
#32 Posted : 3/23/2012 1:28:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to revive this thread again. A few years have passed, has anyone found long-term effects from freebase or enhanced leaf/changa?

I have only found that phosphenes in normal state are slightly increased. Nothing else that i'm aware of.

Al Dimentiz
#33 Posted : 3/23/2012 10:27:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm happy to report that the only long term effects of vaping DMT for over a year were that I stay away from alcohol, MDMA, and other drugs that I used to abuse.

I'm very healthy, exercise every day, I have a lot of energy, and I can't remember the last time I was sick.

I would like to thank the Nexus, and all his members for providing me with the info to find this wonderful molecule. I don't know where I would be right now without it.

Peace
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

SpartanII
#34 Posted : 3/23/2012 10:38:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Captu4ik wrote:
SWIM has been using DMT an average of 15 days a month for over 2 1/2 years without noticing any apparent long-term side-effects.

Al Dimentiz wrote:
I'm happy to report that the only long term effects of vaping DMT for over a year were that I stay away from alcohol, MDMA, and other drugs that I used to abuse.

I know this is an old thread, but I laugh at some people's idea of "long term effects".Laughing

EDIT- Sorry Al Dimentiz, I don't mean any offense. I'm glad to hear you've experienced beneficial effects from DMT. It's just that I have a different perspective of the phrase "long term".Smile

Al Dimentiz
#35 Posted : 3/23/2012 12:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Captu4ik wrote:
SWIM has been using DMT an average of 15 days a month for over 2 1/2 years without noticing any apparent long-term side-effects.

Al Dimentiz wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but I laugh at some people's idea of "long term effects".Laughing

EDIT- Sorry Al Dimentiz, I don't mean any offense. I'm glad to hear you've experienced beneficial effects from DMT. It's just that I have a different perspective of the phrase "long term".Smile

None taken bro.... But you are right about the frase "long Term" .

What is long term anyway?; 6 months from now, 1 year, 10 years?
Does it really matter? What if I die tomorrow of a car accident? What if is 60 years from now?

My point is that you have to live in the present, don't worry about the past because you can't change it, and don't worry ""a lot"" about the future because it isn't there yet.

But if there is a substance that can get you in the right track to have a better future. By all means take it.

I'm talking about entoghens if used right, with the right people.

All this is from personal experience. I'm not saying that DMT or other entoghens can help everybody. Just that they help me and help some o my closest friends to have a different and healthy way of life.
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

PREV12