We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Is the stylistic aesthetic of DMT world the same for everyone? Options

Aegle
#101 Posted : 6/7/2009 2:30:41 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

soulfood wrote:
Aegle wrote:
Luke Brown comes the closest for me personally to what i experience during my spice journeys, close but still quite far i don't think anything could come close really though.

Much Peace

Luke Brown is my visual hero. Saw his stuff on display at boom last year and it blew my mind so hard... well I almost needed a new one.

I love his alpha centauri. That must have taken some time.

My spicing seems so different every time, I just hope some day I can fly around some of Lukes work. Rule of infinity and all that. It's got to happen sometime.

Never dissapointed though Pleased

Soulfood he is absolutely incredible, wow you are so lucky to have had the opportunity to see his work in person like that.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#102 Posted : 6/12/2009 7:53:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spicegirls Avatar is what my friend from Peru sometimes sees at the onset of a dmt experience.

Eclectic
#103 Posted : 6/12/2009 9:31:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aegle wrote:
Luke Brown comes the closest for me personally to what i experience during my spice journeys, close but still quite far i don't think anything could come close really though.

Much Peace

That one resonates with me.. I did a little searching of Erial Ali and found one that really really resonates with me especially on visuals.. the crystalline nature of my vision on DMT..

Then this one here was a fractal I found that really looked a lot like things I saw.. and the color is close.

This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.

Oh, and if you found yourself wondering what my avatar says, it's "Very Gradual CHANGE We Can Believe in".. I love that.

Eclectic
#104 Posted : 6/12/2009 9:38:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That one is cool.. colors are right.. but I wish some of these would convey more brilliant light, like that fractal one I posted.. that makes it more accurate for pharmahuasca for my experience.
This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.

Oh, and if you found yourself wondering what my avatar says, it's "Very Gradual CHANGE We Can Believe in".. I love that.

Eclectic
#105 Posted : 6/12/2009 9:40:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't want anyone to think I care about post count, but I just found another amazing one.. this one is animated..

I know a lot of people try to spam for post count as if it matters, just wanted to point out I'm not doing that.. if I find more, I'll edit them into this post.

Espiridion
#106 Posted : 6/12/2009 11:23:28 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Posting for post counts?
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Espiridion
#107 Posted : 6/12/2009 11:24:12 PM

--who.??..ME??--

who does that?

olderROM
#108 Posted : 6/13/2009 7:23:35 AM

Alfred

Eclectic is obviously thinking about it. We now know what has been weighing heavily upon his conscious.
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

Eclectic
#109 Posted : 6/13/2009 8:49:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha well I used to be a moderator on a message board.. For those of you who have heard of those smoking blends that work, it was Spiceworld420's forum.. and I know a lot of people actually do post several times in a row for post count. I just figured usually some people will think "that dick is doing that intentionally" before they ever say anything.. so I know one or 2 people maybe who see me post more than twice in 5 minutes might get annoyed with me, I just wanted to ensure I'd cut that shit out.

I also do realize you guys are mostly joking.. lol..

Anyway I came back to this topic because I found this:

I have still been thinking a lot about my heavy heavy trip and realized, while I found some representations of the crystalline vision I had, or as close as I could get, I didn't find anything representing the tunnels I was flying down at the peak of the trip.. That image doesn't really do them justice, I'm going to keep searching google image search for something more like what I saw.. the one I just posted is similar, except what I saw branched much more often.. it was the main true fractal I saw during my trip.

Edit 1
This is similar but still not perfect.. there might not be a way to represent it 2 dimensionally that will satisfactorily make me say "That's what I saw"..

I only posted those relevant to what I'm trying to show that I saw on my DMT trip.. If you want to look through the page with the last 2, here is the link.. there's a lot of beautiful ones there that aren't relevant to my trip but still cool.. http://orion.math.iastat...du/danwell/fractals.html

۩
#110 Posted : 7/7/2009 11:12:39 AM

Eclectic
#111 Posted : 7/7/2009 1:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
warrensaged wrote:
associativum wrote:

Damn!!! This one even more!!

This is a 2-d version of that place were is just oozes all over/thru you!!

Same artist?

WS

This is just awesome!!!!!!! Saw these type of things quite often.
It's not just that there are so many colors, but also so many TYPE of colors; some with great depth, others with great sharpness, etc. I realy like these pictures.

I gotta say, I saw these tonight.. but different colors.. there was like.. wheels.. big rolling cylinders.. on the other side, like to the right, there was other stuff.. but I remember vividly the rolling cylinder on the right with like.. hourglass twisting shapes with fractals composing it writhing all over.. came back to this thread cause I feel like I've seen art similar to it, and this is one of them.. gonna keep looking for any more similar to how it was.

Espiridion
#112 Posted : 7/7/2009 3:25:30 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Does anyone else here think that the Wachowski Brothers have spiced up before?
I mean, to me the Matrix (effect) looks like a mixture of the lowdose fractal strings and the glyphs, only more structured and less 'flowing/morphing'.

Sorry for the crappy GIF, I could make a better one in my sleep... But I'm too sleepySmile
Espiridion attached the following image(s):
matrix.gif (338kb) downloaded 675 time(s).

Remapped
#113 Posted : 7/7/2009 10:08:32 PM

Juju Stone

thats a good question. I would describe the aesthetic as super-pixelated liquid crystal with bold red and gold weavings.
Nothing I write here should be taken with any measure of seriousness, because I have both a serious and non serious personality, which is why I derive so much satisfaction from writing non serious things and non-facts, under the pretense of serious and factual non-facts.

Bill Cipher
#114 Posted : 7/7/2009 10:45:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No on the Wachowskis, but has anyone seen Hellboy 2: The Golden Army? I have a hunch that Guillermo Del Toro may be in on the gag. Much in that movie smacks heavily of DMT - especially the mechanistic inner workings of the army creatures themselves and their weird Moorish, glyph-laden lair.

Eclectic - those don't look anything like SWIM's DMT visuals, but he did have an opportunity not too long ago to try out bufotenine for the first time, and the visuals were not at all unlike the organic, swirling fractals you posted above. Everything seemed to move in a very liquid and undulating fashion, with none of the crispness or endlessly transformative quality of DMT. SWIM was a little bit underwhelmed, actually - but that's probably a story better suited to another thread...

embracethevoid
#115 Posted : 7/12/2009 7:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eclectic's last post struck a chord with me. Those visuals are characteristic of mimosa, which I indulge heavily in.

These critters look very similar to the insectoid entities.

This reminds me of the fractal tubing seen on DMT:

obliguhl
#116 Posted : 7/12/2009 7:53:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Espiridion
#117 Posted : 7/13/2009 4:09:52 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Pans Labyrinth is a great film. His imagination and visual translation are marvelous. Hellboy II was enjoyable. I think watching that on some cubies would be great.

Like you, Art, I am a glyph lover. Nothing immerses you in another world like the details of language, meaning, its something we all connect with on an archetypal level.

J

The first glyph means "seeker of enlightenment or knowledge of the universe"

The last picture actually says,"If you come here, it will be easy to take our women, I mean, look at what I'm working with here..."

The pipe smoker pic is just cool as hell so instead of double posting...oh, and use the babel fish to help decode ANY foreign or alien language!! They are NOT cheap but can be found here:

www.babelfisharenotcheapbutareworthit.really.com
Espiridion attached the following image(s):
winchchopGold2.jpg (17kb) downloaded 597 time(s).
babelFish.jpg (106kb) downloaded 613 time(s).
pentsampSm2.jpg (135kb) downloaded 603 time(s).
pentsampSmTB.jpg (58kb) downloaded 595 time(s).
996548640_l.jpg (62kb) downloaded 607 time(s).
plaque2 modified copy.jpg (199kb) downloaded 599 time(s).

skippyluvs
#118 Posted : 7/15/2009 5:34:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Remarkable pictures here, thanks for sharing everyone Smile

Burnison
#119 Posted : 7/15/2009 2:02:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
Groucho Marx

Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

threeleggedlion
#120 Posted : 7/18/2009 3:29:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine are similar to this but more pixelated and digital..

«PREV45678NEXT»