We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Iboga Eyedrops Experience Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 4/9/2013 1:41:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The more exploratory among us have heard of Tabernaemontana undulata (Becchete) and various other Tabernaemontana eyedrops and thought to ourselves "I wonder if making eyedrops would work with Iboga?"

Well friends, the answer to this question, is yes.

My procedure is far from sterile. I do not, in any way, imply that this is safe. I do not advise anyone to try it.

200 mg of quite potent iboga rootbark was placed in a shotglass with enough tap water that the rootbark was floating. It was swirled around periodically for an hour. The water turned a yellow color. I placed a single square of toilet paper over another shotglass and used it as a filter. I poured the rootbark through the toilet paper, and a few clear yellow drops sat in the bottom of the new shotglass. These were sucked up and two placed in each eye.

Ouch. They burn for maybe 15-20 seconds.

Immediately I feel an alteration; likely the adrenaline from sticking Eboka goo in my eye.

Within five minutes my vision sharpens drastically. I can pick out the finest details from across the room. My hearing becomes incredible. My sense of touch becomes enhanced in a way that renders typing on my keyboard somewhat sensual. The silky touch of the keys under my fingers sends shiver.. uh

Nevermind.

My chest is tight, and my heart is beating quickly. I sneezed 5 types in rapid succession. My nose begins to bleed. Coincidence? I don't know.

The visual distortions from a few drops of this very imperfect extraction remind me of an oral dose of maybe 1.5 g of my potent rootbark.

Some USP grade vegetable glycerin and NaCl could be added to keep this less irritating to the eyes, and a better filter could surely be used, but I'm not sure how you could sterilize the rootbark or eyedrops without killing the ibogaine (in a home setting anyways).

The answer is; Yes. This works. I find it awesome. My focus is unbelievable, though true to the standard iboga experience, I find myself without much a sense of humor. Or... rather, my sense of humor is extraordinarily dry.

While I cannot recommend this, I will most definitely pursue this method of administration in the future.

My consciousness feels sharp like a razor.

Will keep y'all updated if anyone cares!

HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Trips
#2 Posted : 4/9/2013 2:00:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There is a similarity to oral iboga, but in many ways it is different. There isn't the alien weirdness iboga can bring. There isn't the antisocial aspect that even small iboga doses can bring. There is a BUZZ, but it is ONLY present in my head. My whole head is alight. Burning with buzzing consciousness. I feel like I could run TWO marathons and DEFINITELY place first in both. Razz

In terms of bettering myself, I'm not sure what the utility of this substance is (I use Kambo, Iboga, Ayahuasca almost exclusively. Do not drink, do not smoke pot, do not etc. )
So whether it fits into that paradigm, I can't be sure yet.

I assume so. The more iboga through your brain, the better. Razz

Trips
#3 Posted : 4/9/2013 2:01:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My chest is still a little tight for comfort though. lol.

Trips
#4 Posted : 4/9/2013 8:37:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

All said and done, thoroughly worth while. Extraordinarily potent via ocular administration. None of the sedation or dizziness of oral iboga. No GI upset. Pure "Go". ... This is a 'hunting' drug, like Kambo. It sharpens everything.

embracethevoid
#5 Posted : 4/9/2013 12:40:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow this is amazing! Thanks for being brave enough to go forth boldly where no man has gone before.

Now my fingers itch to try... What about with Harmala/DMT? I think sterility is absolutely crucial here, even more so than IV. There are a few parasites in tap water that WILL eat your eyeball and blind you for life. You played a dangerous game here and lucked out. In future at least boil the water for a few mins first.

cyb
#6 Posted : 4/9/2013 12:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

embracethevoid wrote:
You played a dangerous game here and lucked out.

Also, you really ought to find out the actual PH value of your solution...
You could potentially cause havoc on your eyeball tissue if PH is too high/low.

You were very lucky...Blindness is not fun...

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Trips
#7 Posted : 4/9/2013 4:56:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If we're going to be fair, I intentionally refrained from boiling the water... this would drive off the chlorine, which I thought might be of some benefit in killing any parasites naturally present in the rootbark.

I am a Chemist, and have previously worked testing water for our City and am pretty aware of the obscene excess of Chlorine used as well as the general lack of anything living. I live in a very remote "city".

Pool water can get in your eye and there are often turds in pools. Chlorine. Also, there is more chlorine in pools, and it doesn't damage the eye too badly.

Also, I didn't test the pH because it didn't seem necessary. You can taste that eboka is somewhat basic, but nothing ridiculous. I assumed it would hurt. But it is pretty clearly not caustic enough to take my eyeball out.

Yes, it was 'irresponsible', hence all the warnings. But by the same logic it is irresponsible to taste-test novel phenethylamines I synthesize (discovered one new psychedelic that way though), and it is irresponsible to eat multiple grams of THH that I synthesize (but I discovered that THH is not an MAOI that way though).

Good science is somewhat irresponsible Razz. I made informed decisions. Life is a dangerous game. In the end, I don't think this was any more dangerous than a car splashing puddle water into my eye, and in fact, probably much less dangerous.

Trips
#8 Posted : 4/10/2013 3:48:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

And the idea that tap water has bugs in it that could blind me doesn't seem likely to result in anything disastrous. Reason being? I shower everyday and get multiple eyeball-fulls of the same water Razz

Early this morning my eyes were a little tender feeling, but by now they are A OK.

DeDao
#9 Posted : 4/10/2013 4:07:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting to say the least. I don't know much about the safety about dropping iboga root extractions into your eyes so I won't bash you for it. Laughing Eye drops aren't my thing anyway Rolling eyes

Glad you are safe.

Does iboga give OBE?
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Trips
#10 Posted : 4/10/2013 4:59:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Not by the eye. In the eye it gave an extraordinarily IN body experience.

DeDao
#11 Posted : 4/11/2013 7:22:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trips wrote:
Not by the eye. In the eye it gave an extraordinarily IN body experience.

Hehe, I see.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Trips
#12 Posted : 4/12/2013 6:51:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kambogahuascanga wrote:
Nice work for sure! Colloidal Silver instead of water to make it keep for a long time as well as sterility. You won't need any water in that case, or anything else for that matter. Personally I do add pure MSM and DMSO as those on their own heal eye issues and quantify...

I have read of your use of Colloidal silver... but to be honest, the risk of blue eyes scares the hell out of me. Haha. Probably not likely, still not something I'm interested in.

DMSO is not going anywhere near my eye, or even my skin for that matter.
I lead a pretty all-natural existence and the idea of putting synthetic chemicals in my eyeballs (besides lady lucy, who is for some reason exempt from my Organic lifestyle, is just not something I can get over.

I absorbed enough DMSO over the years in the chem labs. Nasty shit. A drop on your hand makes everything taste like nasty chemical garlic. That has to be brutal in the eye.

It freaks me out. You always hear "It's safe, it's safe, it's safe", but... well, pretty much every synthetic chemical, given enough time to show its nasty side-effects, will end up doing so.

If your eyes still aren't blue in a year's time, then I'll consider the colloidal silver, haha!

Thanks for the tips though. If you try it, make sure you let me know how it goes. Considering your posts all around the web, I imagine this is right up your alley.

Actually Kambogahuascangarape or whatever you are this week, I think we walk pretty similar paths. Haha, I too spend much of my time eating iboga, aya, kambo, singado, etc. in various combinations for the sake of self-betterment.

Trips
#13 Posted : 4/14/2013 5:43:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Heya Kambo,
Well, I thought I found an internet friend. Haha! So much for that I guess Razz

I didn't mean to be dismissive. The idea of putting DMSO in my eyeball just scares me more than the idea of not putting DMSO in my eye. Likewise with the silver. I didn't mean to be dismissive. Nor was I dismissing it on the basis of being a chemist. I just don't think synthetic chemicals are a right match for my eyeball, and colloidal silver has turned entire people blue. I don't want a blue eyeball. :S Lots of chemicals have been used "with success" that still aren't any good for you. Think RoundUp, Prozac, etc.

You know how much fluoride is in a single drop of water? I'm not too terribly concerned.
Haha, if your pineal gland DIDN'T calcify, you wouldn't have reached sexual maturity Pleased

Also, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your pm immediately... I usually mull things over for a while. I was just thinkin' about it. If I had known you would be so agitated, I most definitely would have responded in a timely manner. But I hardly think my PM conduct is relevant to this thread.

Relax man! I'm sending out nothing but good vibes. I appreciate your input and your experimentation.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 4/14/2013 3:56:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Quote:
Haha, if your pineal gland DIDN'T calcify, you wouldn't have reached sexual maturity Pleased

hehe
it's a sound

jamie
#15 Posted : 4/14/2013 4:02:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"DMSO is not going anywhere near my eye, or even my skin for that matter.
I lead a pretty all-natural existence and the idea of putting synthetic chemicals in my eyeballs"

DMSO comes from tree ligands. It is a natural sulphur pretty much proven to be non-toxic. Researchers have dipped entire rats into the stuff with no negative effects that could be observed at all. It is extremely close in structure to MSM, which is DMSO2. Both of them are natural products and there is no reason to assume either are toxic or synthetic.

It makes you smell like garlic because it is a sulphur.
Long live the unwoke.

Trips
#16 Posted : 4/15/2013 5:51:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, here is a report demonstrating that DMSO has deleterious effects on the eye when administered Orally. I imagine PUTTING IT IN YOUR EYE might potentiate such ill effects.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1124535

Trips
#17 Posted : 4/15/2013 5:54:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Under laboratory conditions, at least during some developmental periods, is neurotoxic.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC2682536/

Trips
#18 Posted : 4/15/2013 6:02:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Also, while it may be naturally occurring, DMSO that you buy is likely to have been produced by the oxidation of dimethyl sulfide. This synthetic process undoubtedly leaves contaminants. Ask anyone who has ever used mass spec how many impurities there are in the average synthetic compound Pleased Peaks and valleys and peaks and valleys.

Are you buying food grade DMSO? USP grade?
Even still, I don't think the approving FDA has our best interests in mind Smile

An absence of the proof of harm is not proof of the absence of harm, and personally, I think there is plenty evidence for me to not think putting this in my eye is a fantastic idea.

Work in the pharmaceutical industry for a while and watch how "harmless chemicals" cripple, every single day. What we don't know can most definitely hurt us, and we have proof that this substance is capable of damaging both the nervous system and the eye.

Trips
#19 Posted : 4/15/2013 8:23:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Additionally, before you suggest that a rat can serve as a valid model for human toxicity, you should look at how many drugs PASS animal testing, but then don't even make it through phase I of human clinical trials. Of the drugs that make it THROUGH animal trials, which must include rodent, and non-rodent studies, only 8% make it to market. This is 92% of drugs, we say are SAFE in rodents and dogs/monkeys/cats, BUT NOT FIT FOR HUMANS.

Until we administer DMSO to a human, by eye, on a regular basis, and examine his insides, we cannot say this is a safe process.

Of the drugs that DO make it through, the drugs that ARE declared safe, nearly all of these "Safe" molecules have killed a lot of people. Valproic Acid, the front-line drug for epilepsy, has been deemed safe, but a substantial percentage of the people who take it show permanent cortical shrinking. This APPROVED, "Safe" drug eats away at your cortex (the part of brain responsible for pretty much the entirety of experience, personality, and higher-cognitive functioning.

Sorry. I just don't believe this is wise.

joedirt
#20 Posted : 4/15/2013 9:00:25 PM

Not I

Trips wrote:
Additionally, before you suggest that a rat can serve as a valid model for human toxicity, you should look at how many drugs PASS animal testing, but then don't even make it through phase I of human clinical trials. Of the drugs that make it THROUGH animal trials, which must include rodent, and non-rodent studies, only 8% make it to market. This is 92% of drugs, we say are SAFE in rodents and dogs/monkeys/cats, BUT NOT FIT FOR HUMANS.

Until we administer DMSO to a human, by eye, on a regular basis, and examine his insides, we cannot say this is a safe process.

Of the drugs that DO make it through, the drugs that ARE declared safe, nearly all of these "Safe" molecules have killed a lot of people. Valproic Acid, the front-line drug for epilepsy, has been deemed safe, but a substantial percentage of the people who take it show permanent cortical shrinking. This APPROVED, "Safe" drug eats away at your cortex (the part of brain responsible for pretty much the entirety of experience, personality, and higher-cognitive functioning.

Sorry. I just don't believe this is wise.

As someone who has worked in the pharma industry I approve this message! Thumbs up Very happy
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

12NEXT