We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Your honest feelings regarding Ketamine. Options

Herba Luisa
#21 Posted : 4/9/2013 12:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ket can be highly addictive - Got lost in the Fairy Tale K-Land for years, did many hundreds i.m and i.v. injections, finally managed to crawl out of the K-Hole. Please...Watch out !!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Enoon
#22 Posted : 4/9/2013 4:48:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I've done it twice, two k-hole doses and that's that for me. I used it once to try and once for something specific.

The first time I tried it I was in way over my head. Probably due to low body-weight what I was told was a medium dose fully k-holed me for about 3 hours. I experienced an entirely different universe by simply "connecting the dots" in a different manner, space became compressed, all locations were in one singularity, even those of the other universes... It was incredible and mind-blowing. At the same time it made me feel horribly sick and I spent at least one hour of those three crouched in a tiny bathroom, after vomiting once, unable to move much. It would always surprise me when I came out of it on a wave of lucidity and saw the walls around me, then I'd sink back into this endless welcoming dark space.

The second time I used it was to heal from a lot of emotional pain I had been going through and that were clouding my vision. This time I experienced time-compression - all moments, past present and future, became this moment. I became detached from my pain and was able to heal what my pain had not let me heal before. At least in part.

both times I came back with a multi-day hangover and a strong physical aversion to the substance, though psychologically I did crave it a bit. I found it incredible how it acted upon the emotional pain and apprehension I carried within me - how they were washed away and obliterated for the duration of the trip. Having this glimpse of freedom from pain really helped me heal, because while with the pain I could hardly imagine what life could be like again without it.

I don't intend to take it again. But I don't regret having done it. I'm glad my body responded to it in a negative way while my mind benefitted from it - this way I got what I needed and didn't run any real risk of taking it more often. It really did make me feel horrible for the days afterwards. I advise everyone extreme caution with this substance. It's definitely not as harmless as the usual entheogens we discuss here. But I won't deny that I believe that it can be used in some situations with actual benefit - if done very carefully / with a good plan.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

PureMan
#23 Posted : 4/9/2013 8:53:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As escapist as Ketamine may be for some people.. I just don't personally see the draw to prolonged use of K on it's own.. eventually your tolerance shoots way up, and you don't stay in the hole as long as you used to.. The hole isn't even as thrilling as it once was. When I hit this point it wasn't difficult for me to realize that it was time to stop.. not saying that it is the same way for everyone else, but for me it was very simple.

However, once I discovered the synergy of mixing K with other psyches like LSD and 2cb I realized the true potential of this compound.. K on it's own its very bland in comparison, in my experience.. I have a combined trip maybe less than once every couple months, and don't really feel compelled to abuse it. K/2cb is the deepest trip I have ever taken HANDS DOWN.. and I have a lot of experience under my belt from quite a number of psyches.

Although some may -CHOOSE- to become addicted to Ketamine.. To any would-be psychonaut, I would still recommend only exploring K with the right intentions, and I would also recommend quickly moving towards combining it with another psyche once you understand K on the basic level of experience. There is something magical that happens... Like any other powerful tool, it is obviously to be respected.

acacian
#24 Posted : 4/11/2013 1:23:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had my first ketamine experience recently while I was on MDMA. I can safely say it was indeed (as others have mentioned) deeply profound at a similar level to DMT. It had a really slow feel to it.. I couldn't move for the experience and just the slightest movements in the room seemed like a semitrailer of energy flowing past me. I remember several moments of feeling like I had reached some form of hyperspace - snapshots of realms with a deep presence behind them, which would talk to me similarly in the fashion mushrooms do. There was a pretty deep sense of clarity in my ability to pick apart my thought, my ego, my intent and the present moment being percieved.. i was able to distinguish where each of these was the strongest in play and how they all interacted with each other to form my perception as it was at each moment - how each of them acted as a filter on my perception

I really enjoyed ketamine.. its not an experience I feel I will need to have to often especially while I have DMT and other psychedelics, though at some point I would like to have another trip without the presence of any other substance

Guyomech
#25 Posted : 4/11/2013 4:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

I have yet to hear any reports of anyone trying DMT while on K...?

Pandora
#26 Posted : 4/11/2013 5:47:14 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

DMT while on K is amazing. My favorite way to do it is to insufflate a non (fully) - dissociative dose of K, . . .say about 50 mgs . . . .then start taking DMT hits. I can hit the DMT periodically, three to four times throughout about an hour without ever needing to re-up the K. It is an hour in zero-G Heaven. Pure Heaven. Also, I can somewhat "drive" the trip - think cats and there are cats, think change of scene and poof, etc. . . I try not to do it too often and am glad I no longer have much K at all.

And I say this as someone who was never too enamored with K by itself, someone who never got much in the way of visuals until all the way to the hole when it would be dark corridors. Someone who never felt much urge to re-dose K and who often had K leftover after K sessions . . .

The seduction of K with me is in combos . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Guyomech
#27 Posted : 4/11/2013 2:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

I found myself liking it way too much, too fast. "Wow, I could see myself doing this every day!!". That's what scared me off.

But here I am sitting on about a gram of the stuff. My intention has always been to try the KDMT combo, but I'm not a kid anymore and am cautious about combos that I haven't read about. So I'm glad to hear that it worked well for you. The main thing I'm hoping for is an easier entry into hyperspace, like with the LSDMT combo but without the 6 hour commitment. I've been hesitant to post questions about it here, since I don't want to give the wrong impression about K to younger or less experienced psychonauts. But this thread has been so far an honest nuts and bolts discussion about it, with plenty of horror stories to hopefully keep things in balance.

Newbies please take note: this is no joke. What's a safe interval between K trips? Try 6 months. Less than that and you'll find it very seductive to get habitual with it. Acid? Shrooms? Take em all you want. When they've told you all they can, you'll know in most certain terms that its time to move on. Not so with K.

SHroomtroll
#28 Posted : 4/11/2013 3:04:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ketamine is a very interesting tool that in the right hands can give important insights, but some cannot handle the strong pull it creates and the games it play with your mind.

Ive never had any abuse problms with ketamine but i did use a little bit to much mxe when it was avaiable, nothing extreme but a couple times per month for over a year or so.

Now i havent done much dissios last year and about 3months ago was my last visit to K land.

I agree with most about mixing psychs with K, dmt,lsd mdma and doc have all given me very important and most of my ++++ are with k or some other dissio (mxe,n20,harmala+shrooms or aya)

There is just something special with taking a good strong dose of lsd or doc or whatever fits your bill as a full spectrum psychedelic substance, then when the peak is closing you start bumping them lines of the special.

Its like the trip is built up like a constructions in you head with blocks and pieces that need to fit to each other, when you get Nmda receptor well fed by Ketamine(mxe and n20 has also this ability, maybe amanitas too)

Its like a refreshing liquid filler that just runs down all the little spaces between the blocks and smoothens out the edges.

Your room gets turned inside out backwards while you are the fly on the wall watching, you get delusional after awhile and interpret everything as synchros.

But warning this kind of trippin is not to be done regurarly, i save these time for festivals or very special occasions, the amount of information you push into your brain with these trips are extreme.

I would also like to add that the combo LSD+Ketamine feel like a very robotic or chemical ayahuasca, the combination of serotonin psych with the nmda receptor work creates similar but very different trips.

DoingKermit
#29 Posted : 4/11/2013 5:04:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with cloud... while on 2cb, I feel like K had an amazing synergy with it. I also felt like I could handle it better than when doing it on its own. A couple years ago I had quite a large line of K (more than I had done before) and then had a big bong of charas... my brain felt broken for about an hour. Every thought was behind itself and I felt like I was falling through worm holes in dark space. I can't really explain it, but it was very unpleasant. I still do K now and again, but I only do small amounts spaced out from one another.

Sky Motion
#30 Posted : 4/11/2013 5:20:12 PM

<3

It's novel for me and I really enjoy it.

Aegle
#31 Posted : 4/11/2013 5:23:20 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I have k-holed with Ketamine three times, I decided to experience it with the philosophy in mind that it is of great importance to experience as many states of being and perspectives of seeing the world as it strengthens your awareness and understanding of consciousness.

Ketamine is very similar to Salvia for me without the fear that Salvia induces, I'm not really to keen on a dissociative state for some reason it doesn't seem to sit well with me. Though I am grateful to have had the opportunity to experience Ketamine, it is not something I will seek out again in the future though. I much prefer tryptamines and phenethylamines...

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

DeDao
#32 Posted : 4/11/2013 6:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have made a pact to stay away from it. I have read about addiction stories with ketamine and it seems like it would be a nasty thing to be addicted to.

I could be wrong about the whole addictive thing, but hey, I would rather not take the chance!

Seems interesting and all with the k-hole concept.

I don't see the point in taking something like this when you have tryptamines that can bring an altered reality plus give you insight into yourself and the world. Not sure if I have heard many people say this about ketamine. Once again, I could be wrong.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Guyomech
#33 Posted : 4/11/2013 7:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, you're not wrong.

Jin
#34 Posted : 4/11/2013 7:08:14 PM

yes

i remember taing ketamine few times in my younger years before i could get psychadelics , each an everytime i would empty the vial on a tablespoon heat it make it powder and put the whole thing in a small container which i then plugged into my nose as i layed on the bed

i would black out remembering nothin and then waking up an hour later vomiting medicinal tasting vile vomit , i did this 10-12 times and gave up , later i realized i was snorting 500 mg at a single time , sometimes some of it just remained in the vial and would'nt travel down my nose

remember i had no internet access , knew nothing about doseage , had'nt consumed any psychadelic ever , this all used to happen 10 years back and i ws plain stupid

anyways the bad part about ketamine is it would give me a strong panic attack at the same time next day without any consumption , thats what creeped me out and i stopped , yet i don't understand why anyone would be addicted to this , i suppose DMT could be more addictive then for some

yet i am totally non addicted to any substance , except perhaps cannabis
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

jbark
#35 Posted : 4/11/2013 9:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is my honest report about my first experience with the triple crown (MDMA, NO2 & K):

IN THE PLAYGROUND OF MY MIND I HAVE INSTALLED A SLIDE NEXT TO THE SWINGS

I thoroughly enjoyed it and have done it on a few occasions since, but have felt guilty afterwards: while it may be addictive for these very reasons, I found it easy, without fear or anxiety, gentle and entirely without any negative after effects or notable hangover. I keep it for special occasions. The above report was the first in a line of these occasions, and though I have been on hiatus for quite some time, I am looking forward to hooking up with the crew in that report again soon for much triple-crown frolicking.

But do beware, I have heard many horror stories such as those in this thread, though I must admit I know no one who has had anywhere near these problems with it. MDMA, on the other hand... I know a lot of people who have abused it, some of whom still are and yet others who have sworn off it forever.

Just my own personal experience,

Cheers,

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

PureMan
#36 Posted : 4/12/2013 12:05:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
I agree with cloud... while on 2cb, I feel like K had an amazing synergy with it. I also felt like I could handle it better than when doing it on its own. A couple years ago I had quite a large line of K (more than I had done before) and then had a big bong of charas... my brain felt broken for about an hour. Every thought was behind itself and I felt like I was falling through worm holes in dark space. I can't really explain it, but it was very unpleasant. I still do K now and again, but I only do small amounts spaced out from one another.

I know I've said it twice already in this thread, but I can't give enough praise for the 2cb + IM Ketamine experience. To me it seems like the perfect combo at the right dose.. I don't feel D.M. Turner was overstating it when he called it "The Ultimate Psychedelic Experience". A hidden secret, in my opinion.. I would love to hear other people's experience with this combo as well.

Once you know K on it's own, and feel comfortable with it, move on to a combination.. I feel there is a 100x more to pull from combo experiences than the basic level of a standard K hole... and I emphasize K HOLE.. not the sub hole.. A standard K hole is just a simple one dimensional OBE.. Once you know the territory, it's quite boring on it's own. Addiction is choice.

Mindlusion
#37 Posted : 5/27/2013 10:25:36 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

No Knowing wrote:
Ahhhh Regretamine....Or Ketamine as those less experienced refer to it. My demon.

Unfortunately cloud, your wrong.

it began with the outstanding unbelievable combinations. The ultimate psychedelic experience. Definitely not an overstatement.
combining them with 2cb, DMT, LSD, 4-aco-DMT, psilocybin, etc.

But ever so slowly, all that begins to fade..

Soon, its bland and boring, eventually its pointless and a waste of resources to combine them. And all that really matters is the dissociative, even though it hass long lost its magic, you don't really care, you do it anyway.

It's addiction like any other, its no different.

Addiction is certainly not a choice. The choice you DO have is whether you want to end it, or just continue to let it slowly eat away at your soul and destroy you.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

olympus mon
#38 Posted : 5/28/2013 1:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

There was a time, about 15 years ago I used Ketamine but never liked it without another substance. I got a lot out of Ketamine that's for sure but when I stopped using Pressed pills of Extacy, I stopped both.

Last fall at my going away party someone offered me some and I accepted. It didn't feel the same at all even though I was on some good MDA. It was simply confusing and not very much fun as it went on and on and ON.

I doubt I will use this substance ever again. This final time closed the chapter on K for me. Ketamine is the only substance I have ever died on, as in seeing your own death and believing it to be 100% real. It was an amazing experience to say the least.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

â—‹
#39 Posted : 5/28/2013 11:38:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

olympus mon wrote:
There was a time, about 15 years ago I used Ketamine but never liked it without another substance. I got a lot out of Ketamine that's for sure but when I stopped using Pressed pills of Extacy, I stopped both.

Last fall at my going away party someone offered me some and I accepted. It didn't feel the same at all even though I was on some good MDA. It was simply confusing and not very much fun as it went on and on and ON.

I doubt I will use this substance ever again. This final time closed the chapter on K for me. Ketamine is the only substance I have ever died on, as in seeing your own death and believing it to be 100% real. It was an amazing experience to say the least.

Im really curious to here about your 'death' experience oly. Could you explain a little bit, like a mini trip report possibly!? Pretty pweesee Twisted Evil

You hooked me on the words "Ketamine is the only substance I have ever died on"

much love,
tat

ZenSpice
#40 Posted : 5/28/2013 1:06:54 PM

Mostly Ignored

Seen what it has made of people I used to call friends so I made the choice to stay away and find other avenues for exploration..

It's a dissociative drug if I believe rightly, not the kind of ride I am looking for.

PREV123NEXT