We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Oral bufotenine & scopolamine/hyoscyamine (Datura, Brugmansia, etc.) Options

kemist
#41 Posted : 5/13/2009 9:36:49 AM

John

Hang on

Both HYOSCINE and HYOSCYAMINE are good to beat the nausea Shocked

Hyoscine is using against travel sickness

doc. wrote:
You experience travel sickness because your body is telling the vomiting centre in your brain that you are moving and your eyes that you are not. Hyoscine hydrobromide stops this message from being sent to the vomiting centre, therefore preventing you from being sick.
One of the effects of hyoscine hydrobromide is to dry up any fluids in your body. For this reason, it can be used to dry secretions in the lungs, nose and throat.

Hyoscyamine is use to treat various stomach disorders

doc. wrote:
hyoscyamine sulfate is effective as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of peptic ulcer. It can also be used to control gastric secretion, visceral spasm and hypermotility in spastic colitis, spastic bladder, cystitis, pylorospasm, and associated abdominal cramps. May be used in functional intestinal disorders to reduce symptoms such as those seen in mild dysenteries, diverticulitis, and acute enterocolitis. For use as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (irritable colon, spastic colon, mucous colitis) and functional gastrointestinal disorders. Also used as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of neurogenic bladder and neurogenic bowel disturbances (including the splenic flexure syndrome and neurogenic colon). Also used in the treatment of infant colic (elixir and drops). Levsin® is indicated along with morphine or other narcotics in symptomatic relief of biliary and renal colic; as a “drying agent” in the relief of symptoms of acute rhinitis; in the therapy of parkinsonism to reduce rigidity and tremors and to control associated sialorrhea and hyperhidrosis. May be used in the therapy of poisoning by anticholinesterase agents.

Is there any plant containing both hyoscine and hyoscyamine yet free of scopolaminee and atropine ?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#42 Posted : 5/13/2009 6:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyoscine is just another name for scopolamine Smile

Datura stramonium seeds only have traces of atropine. They are about 80% hyoscyamine, with the rest being scopolamine (hyoscine) with traces of atropine.

I guess the mode of action in which hyoscyamine works to prevent nausea is very different from that of scopolamine. Hyoscyamine works on the muscles in the digestive system to prevent nausea while scopolamine works in the inner ear and brain so while scopolamine is effective against motion sickness nausea, which is a different kind of nausea that’s triggered by the inner ear, it might be completely ineffective at treating other kinds of nausea such as that produced by psychedelics.

Scopolamine might be able to treat the nausea caused by harmala alkaloids because their nausea is related to motion sickness.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PREV123