We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
..Enough GOO questions! read this.. Options

DMTree
#101 Posted : 9/30/2013 4:55:56 AM

The walking mirror

I will stop dissing the appearance of the spice when the entities stop calling me ugly.

Big grin

Edit: BTW goop works well in a vapo pen.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dooby
#102 Posted : 12/15/2013 2:42:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really can't help it - I have a question...

I've used Cybs tek on mhrb a few times and pulled with naphtha...

Then I wanted to try pulling with toluene in order to get a broader spectrum of alkaloids...

I salted the toluene pulls with citric acid...

After separation and decanting, the solution containing dmt-citrate (and...?) was based with NaOH...

The solution was placed in the fridge in an attempt at water crystallisation...

This yielded some light golden/orange crystals that were a marvellous thing to behold but unfortunately also heavily contaminated with "traces" of base...

In an effort to clean this up, I noticed that there is something rather reddish that isn't soluble in naphtha and floats on water...

I don't think it's an organic contamination, as I suspect organic contamination wouldn't "clump" together like this stuff does...

Should I do a toluene pull of the re-x/wash solution in order to retrieve the red stuff then evaporate the toluene - which I was hoping to avoid?

Or how should I remove it from the solution? And is there a way, apart from bioassaying, to determine whether this is the jam I was hoping for or some sort of contamination?

There doesn't seem to be any density data for jimjam so I can't know if it should float on water or not...

Thanks

PLUR
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

mrhankey89
#103 Posted : 12/15/2013 3:39:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I haven't read the whole thread but I will share my experiences.

The first time I tried doing q21q21's tek with Acacia and freeze precipitation, goo came out.

The second time I tried doing q21q21's tek with freeze precipitation and evaporation. Goo came out after it melted of course, with freeze precipitation. Evaporation seemed to work better, I still got goo but some of the stuff I collected hardened into some yellowish material.

I'm not going to say it is because of q21's tek. People have posted good results with crystals using that tek and even with acacia. Maybe lye would work better? I don't know, the product still works but I'm not getting a good value out of the amount of MHRB or Acacia I use.

EDIT: Ok, I read the thread and am pleased to find out that goo isn't that bad then? Do you think you guys are getting value out of it? Does it burn off at the same rate as crystals or does it last longer? And the vapo pen idea is a great one. Do you guys just drop the goo directly in it or do you mix it with ecig oil?

jfreak
#104 Posted : 12/15/2013 4:37:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tranzcentral wrote:
Are the people getting goo extracting mainly from ACRB?

I've achieved perfect pure white crystals with MHRB without needing to re-do anything.

I actually posted a close up of these crystals awhile ago, but not one single person made a comment over that photo, which to me, would have to be one of the best photos of DMT crystals ever taken....so i removed it for it wasn't appreciated..Stop

If everything is kept clean free of impurities then they will come out really well.
I'm far from an expert here, but have scratched my head in regards to have of the posts here.

Although the extraction is very straight forward, some of the DMT i have seen is horrible, not here but elsewhere..
Either too many kids are doing the extractions, or just not enough attention is being paid to what should be done. Even though some here are following Tek's, you still alter what the person who wrote the Tek did, for i'm seeing these question's pop up in posts...

Follow the Teks...if you want nice pure white DMT, then use Vovins Tek. If your after high yielding teks then use whatever you think is best.

If your extracting ACRB you MUST de-fat, no way around it. I'd rather smoke clean DMT than DMT fatty oils, etc...which i can taste and smell..

you really don't have to defat acacia.you just have to do an acid base so you can really concentrate the solution down, then use heat when you do the naphtha pulls. then just freeze precipitate and it'll leave you with yellow spice that doesn't even have to be rex'd its so smooth and maybe a little goo on the later pulls but that's only because i use heat to get it all out. i don't mind the goo at all anyways though because a shocking amount of fluffy white spice comes out if you simply rex with naphtha or bestine.

Parshvik Chintan
#105 Posted : 12/15/2013 8:32:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tranzcentral wrote:
if you want nice pure white DMT

but that is the point of this thread.
dispelling the silly notion that "pure white" dmt is somehow better or more preferable.

also i am fairly sure there are only alkaloids in the goo as long as you salt it (given that only alkaloids salt)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

ex58
#106 Posted : 12/15/2013 8:43:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

promo

jfreak
#107 Posted : 12/15/2013 9:57:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

One thing about the goo, it's brutal on asthmatic lungs. I actually prefer the high of goo, but have to rex it at least to a waxy yellow powder to make it smooth enough not to cause problems

Parshvik Chintan
#108 Posted : 12/15/2013 11:55:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tranzcentral wrote:
Is it because i only have 50+ posts compared to your 2901?

Stop obviously not. rather that the value of DMT does not lie in aesthetics.
Tranzcentral wrote:
It may not be better...although personally i think it is...but more preferable?

not objectively, no.

that doesn't mean you can't prefer it subjectively.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Parshvik Chintan
#109 Posted : 12/15/2013 10:14:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tranzcentral wrote:
Aesthetics....no that is wrong sorry. I've noticed a big difference between the white pure crystals of DMT and yellow DMT goo, and the white really blew it away.

there are just as many anecdotal reports of yellow blowing white out of the water as there is vice-versa.

there is no reason to believe it is anything other than self-suggestion.

i mean think about it logically. if you have 99% dmt and >95% dmt, the difference would be negligible, especially when you consider the rest of the goo is other alkaloids that could have potentially synergistic or even potentiatory effects (beta-carbolines, other tryptamines, and things of that nature).
but placebo/nocebo effects, well that is far less negligible than any difference between crystals and goo (unless the goo is like 50% NMT, but that goes without saying)
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

cyb
#110 Posted : 12/15/2013 11:16:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

3rdI
#111 Posted : 12/15/2013 11:30:43 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Laughing
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

DonPeyote
#112 Posted : 12/16/2013 4:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Acacia Confusa "Goo" problem was solved months ago.
Its like 'Groundhog Day' around here some times.

Arcologist did the work: check it out-

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=500467#post500467

If you like goo, fine. If you want crystals fine. The choice is yours

DP

WhereEaglesDare
#113 Posted : 2/13/2014 12:07:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

From my first MHRB extraction last weekend I got 680 mg of pure white xtals and about 300 mg of brown goo which is hardening into a type of squidgy resin. I was initially worried that it may have base in it which is why its goo but this thread put my mind at rest. I look forward to my first goo session Big grin Thumbs up

YargPirate
#114 Posted : 2/14/2014 12:55:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

WhereEaglesDare wrote:
From my first MHRB extraction last weekend I got 680 mg of pure white xtals and about 300 mg of brown goo which is hardening into a type of squidgy resin. I was initially worried that it may have base in it which is why its goo but this thread put my mind at rest. I look forward to my first goo session Big grin Thumbs up

I believe the thread is about ACRB goo, which is common because it has a high % of NMT in it.

Your MHRB goo may indeed be a product of contaminants. You might want to post a picture of it and get some opinions. If the goo is dark like the MHRB solution it is probably contaminated.

WhereEaglesDare
#115 Posted : 2/14/2014 11:42:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

YargPirate wrote:
WhereEaglesDare wrote:

I believe the thread is about ACRB goo, which is common because it has a high % of NMT in it.

Your MHRB goo may indeed be a product of contaminants. You might want to post a picture of it and get some opinions. If the goo is dark like the MHRB solution it is probably contaminated.

I think may be I termed it wrong so apologies. It was the waxy resin the crystals where sitting on, it was clear until I scraped it together. Smells strongly of spice. It has been hardened in the freezer.
Mod Edit: Removed two pictures {Site Cleaning}
WhereEaglesDare attached the following image(s):
Goo.jpg (97kb) downloaded 498 time(s).

WhereEaglesDare
#116 Posted : 2/14/2014 1:09:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does the above look OK or should I re-x it?

cyb
#117 Posted : 2/14/2014 1:22:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

WhereEaglesDare wrote:
Does the above look OK or should I re-x it?

Enough Goo Questions!...Read This

Please direct questions to appropriate threads...
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

WhereEaglesDare
#118 Posted : 2/14/2014 2:28:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have read the opening post. The comment before I posted my pic worried me that as its MHRB that it might be contaminated.

Entheogenerator
#119 Posted : 2/16/2014 2:36:00 AM

Homo discens

If there is any doubt in your mind, re-x. It certainly won't hurt, and being concerned about contaminants could affect your experiences.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

WhereEaglesDare
#120 Posted : 2/18/2014 3:20:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Myself and a friend tried some and it is very active, no harshness or hot burning sensation so as far as I can tell, if there is anything bad in their it is very minute.

EDIT: I do plan on re-xing as well but just waiting for another batch in the freezer. For re-x is it 50ml nps for every gram of spice?

«PREV45678NEXT»