We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Shulgin is in trouble and could use our help Options

Jees
#41 Posted : 3/11/2013 10:40:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never worked with his "products" but saw that movie and feel sympathy for them, donated some benjamins.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

d-T-r
#42 Posted : 3/11/2013 1:36:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shared

The Day Tripper
#43 Posted : 3/12/2013 6:12:32 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Khronos wrote:
Thanks for raising awareness about this. Donation made.

The western approach to caring for our elders is tragic. So many souls, lost and alone in depressing institutions or forced into financial struggles like the wonderful Shulgins. It breaks my heart. Crying or very sad

You sir, get it.

Its pretty sad how those near the ends of their lives are sent off to a home somewhere that is in all likelyhood depressing, lonely, and a terrible way to expirence the wonder of the end of someones lives.

No matter if they were terrible people, no matter if they did great things like Ann & Sasha, no matter if they are in your immediate family or not, ALWAYS go out of your way whenever possible to spend time/help/offer companionship/friendship to your elders. They have far too much untapped wisdom and life expirence that could be shared with younger generations squandered away in rest homes.

Its not just about money, its about caring and having compassion to those who are in need of it, deserving or not.

always makes me thing of christs message of unrestrained love, mercy upon those who would do him harm, and this quote from one of my favorite wendell berry poems-

Quote:
So, friends, every day do something
that won’t compute. Love the Lord.
Love the world. Work for nothing.
Take all that you have and be poor.
Love someone who does not deserve it.
Denounce the government and embrace
the flag. Hope to live in that free
republic for which it stands.
Give your approval to all you cannot
understand. Praise ignorance, for what man
has not encountered he has not destroyed.

Try and put a smile on a seasoned member of your human family, extended or not, every single day. They apprecciate it, and don't get enough love from their immediate family in many cases. I have deep regrets about how i neglected spending time with my grandparents near the end of their days, they were lonely. I can't change that, but perchance, i can spread a little love towards others near the end of their lives that have as much to share/give me as i can offer them.

Be it conversation, assistance of any form (financial, physical labor, whatever), or just a random act of kindness to show they are still apprecciated.

RESPECT AND LOVE ALL, ESPECIALLY YOUR ELDERS AND THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED OF IT MOST.

Be compassionate without judgement, thats what jesus would have done. And born a few millenia ago, assuming he walked the earth the son of god or not, if he did what the TRUE scriptures said he did, i'd be walking beside him and marveling at the amount of love one human being can express.

In summary, help the shulgins, whether or not they deserve it in your opinion, but more importantly, do the same for all others in need of compassion, which in most cases are our neglected elders.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

pau
#44 Posted : 3/13/2013 3:42:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

YES!
They've dedicated their lives to doing wonderful things, and we here are some of the principal recipients of that work. In that sense, they're like an extra set of loving grandparents.
WHOA!

5thAeonFlux
#45 Posted : 3/13/2013 11:53:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just bought both the books, and can't wait to read them!

Thanks for raising awareness and thanks for the documentary, Vodsel. I had a bit of a reawakening with MDMA last summer that gave me a second chance after years of imbalanced living. While I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't know that I had Sasha to thank for the chemical until I began reading this site this winter, and I had no idea that Ann was involved in shadow work until this thread. I hope she receives some of my good vibes and awesome respect coming their way that an MDMA experience led me down that same road without even knowing about her work!

Doodazzle
#46 Posted : 3/19/2013 3:10:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Its pretty sad how those near the ends of their lives are sent off to a home somewhere that is in all likely hood depressing, lonely, and a terrible way to expirence the wonder of the end of someones lives.

On the flipside--how about the way that the counter-culture takes care of it's (our) elders? Does anyone here remember sending Terrence money and well-wishes, for his cancer fight? Heck, I must be getting old myself--is that a false memory?

How about Rob Wilson? When the polio finally caught up with him, he couldn't afford all the medical bills and his people asked for help on his website. Within a week IIRC the website was like 'hey, quit sending money, we already raised more than we need'. And that one actually did happen.

It wasn't a life or death thing....but we did finance the writing of 'brothers of the screaming abyss' too. An unprecedented thing, so far as I know.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

CatholicPsychonaut
#47 Posted : 3/21/2013 4:32:31 AM

"Nature loves courage"

Thank you for sharing this article. I too, will be "subscribing" $10 a month as soon as I get my next paycheck. If only I could do more.
"Christians often ask why God does not speak to them, as they believed God did in former days. When I hear such questions, it always makes me think of the Rabbi who was asked how it could be that God was manifest to people in the olden days whereas nowadays nobody ever sees God. The rabbi replied, 'Nowadays there is no longer anybody who can bow low enough.'"
--Carl Jung

PrimalWisdom
#48 Posted : 3/25/2013 2:22:13 PM

Everything the light touches

It is terribly sad. I have been reading about their plight for a while on FB. Unfortunately I bare'y make ends meet, so a donation on my part is out of the question. I do however share as many of their posts and links to donate as often as I can.

I see they have put up some of their land for sale - Imagine living next door to the Shulgin's Smile pity I live on another continent or I'd so be trying to secure a loan to purchase some land.

All I can say is that it is sad, sad, sad, especially when he has made us and so many other so incredibly happy.

Best of luck to Grandad and Grandma Psy!
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Dr_Sister
#49 Posted : 4/16/2013 8:16:06 PM

Synaptic cleft explorer

Chemical expert | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, MarketingSenior Member | Skills: Chemistry, Horticulture, Yoga, Meditation, Graphic/web design, Marketing

Here is a letter that Sister received from the Shulgins. It applies to any who responded to this thread. Thank you all!
Dr_Sister attached the following image(s):
ShulginsThankYou.jpg (195kb) downloaded 410 time(s).

The Traveler
#50 Posted : 4/16/2013 8:29:13 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Smile

That makes me very happy and shows a special care. Thank you Sister!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Macre
#51 Posted : 4/16/2013 10:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr_Sister wrote:
Here is a letter that Sister received from the Shulgins. It applies to any who responded to this thread. Thank you all!

This is fantastic, thank you for sharing this with us. We must keep up the good work.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Jees
#52 Posted : 4/17/2013 8:50:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Got one too, so nice of them to send feedback to their supporters. Love crisscrossing the globe over and under governments heads Smile

Dark_Star
#53 Posted : 4/27/2013 8:46:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got one of those letters too. Smile What a stand up couple! Hopefully they receive enough to keep him home.
“Was I a criminal? No. I was a good member of society. Only my society and the one making the laws are different.” - Owsley Stanley

Nitegazer
#54 Posted : 4/29/2013 3:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am greatful that just upon my return to this site after some time away, a way to provide meaningful help opens.

Thank you Sister.

trancenut
#55 Posted : 4/30/2013 11:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't make donations very easily, if at all. This, however is a notable exception. Donation done. May Hyperspace be with you, and all of us.

The Traveler
#56 Posted : 6/14/2013 5:34:40 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hybridoma wrote:
The generosity and kindness of each of you wanting to help is just fantastic. You will be happy to know that recent land sales have immensely helped their situation and they are going to be fine. They get regular visitors who look after their well-being and have provided for them in wonderful ways. The community looks out for and supports its own. Namaste.

I just wanted to bump this post.

As it is now the Shulgins are financially back in very healthy waters. People are looking after them and I hope they are happy, they deserve it.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

a1pha
#57 Posted : 6/14/2013 6:09:20 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

The Traveler wrote:
Hybridoma wrote:
The generosity and kindness of each of you wanting to help is just fantastic. You will be happy to know that recent land sales have immensely helped their situation and they are going to be fine. They get regular visitors who look after their well-being and have provided for them in wonderful ways. The community looks out for and supports its own. Namaste.

I just wanted to bump this post.

As it is now the Shulgins are financially back in very healthy waters. People are looking after them and I hope they are happy, they deserve it.

This is great news. What a beacon of light those two are and I am happy to hear they found the support and resources needed at a difficult time. The community and silent angels should be commended.

We all owe Sasha and Ann for their pioneering work.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

stevowitz
#58 Posted : 6/15/2013 9:28:46 PM

The Dude

I'm cross posting this to TRIPSIT nexus, I know they will give some donations Very happy
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

۩
#59 Posted : 6/18/2013 2:51:34 AM

Happy 88th!

Eat some MDMA!

The Day Tripper
#60 Posted : 6/18/2013 4:39:00 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Right on Very happy

Crowd-sourcing for the win!!!

Good people who have done good things for the world, and have bad things happen to them, well, its nice when people come together and show some empathy for their fellow human beings and help however they can.

As far as I'm concerned, anytime the shulgins have financial issues due to health/living expenses near the end of their journey, i know I'll be there to help, and I'm sure more than enough others will too.

Much love to everyone who wanted to donate but were unable to, those who are lucky enough to be able to, and most importantly the shulgins, for their gracious and loving ways. Know that while your government may have turned their back on you, the people have not. And those who stand up and act as a voice for what needs to be said, like the shulgins, we all owe a debt of gratitude.

"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

PREV1234NEXT