We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Abstract Psychedelic Minimalist Puzzle Game Options

voyaj
#1 Posted : 2/20/2013 6:44:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey yall,

I really do not play many video games. But, as I do not go to too many shows, or play too many live shows, or get a newspaper out front of my house, or go into hyperspace more than once in a while I am always trying to stay informed on a constant basis.

Once I saw Rock Paper Shotgun report on this game I knew I HAD to get it. It is called Antichamber and it is finally out. It is a game recently released by and developed by Alexander Bruce. It is a pretty experimental game, it really feels like being dropped down a rabbit hole and having to learn weird and sometimes seemingly psychedelic and philosophical puzzle concepts to progress.

Check it out, I am pretty sure many of you would enjoy this. For a game this has blown my socks off in all the right ways.

http://www.antichamber-game.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichamber

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Philosopher
#2 Posted : 2/20/2013 10:33:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is sick
We are surprisingly similar.

tetsuotheironman
#3 Posted : 2/22/2013 1:15:03 AM

halfsharkhalfalligatorhalfman

This indeed looks pretty awesome... I haven't seen this game yet and might have to fire up a vm to check it out. Looks like a unique indie game (which I think should be supported).

Not so 'indie' but probably the 'trippiest' game I've played recent has been PixelJunk's Eden for PS3

voyaj
#4 Posted : 2/22/2013 1:40:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is funny that all of the so called trippy games I have played have been from indie devs.

The trippiest games I remember were Space Giraffe, Braid and Osmos. Portal, too. Although, that was somewhat selling out but maintaining the spirit. Sort of like when Sonic Youth signed to Geffen, still made noisy avante garde punk and made a video for every single song, just cuz they could. Also, Amnesia: The Dark Descent was trippy and you would know what I mean if you played it.

Space Giraffe is probably the trippiest game I have played. Antichamber is just on some other deep level of messing with your mind like a dark entity. It is really fantastic and definitely worth the ten or twenty bucks.

Space Giraffe:

Osmos:

Braid:

Amnesia:

Philosopher
#5 Posted : 2/22/2013 8:14:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought antechamber. I had to try that shit. There is a problem with the game right now though, the developer still has some bugs to work out. I haven't been able to successfully open the game yet. Sad but I'm sure ill get to play eventually, I mean I did pay for it.
We are surprisingly similar.

DeDao
#6 Posted : 2/22/2013 8:31:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahah! I have this game! It's very fun and recommend it to all!
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

voyaj
#7 Posted : 2/22/2013 8:43:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is strange considering it is made with the Unreal engine which is extremely solid. I only noticed one bug the whole game and that was looking back through some of the mirrored geometry you could see a huge spinning red gun, but it really had no impact on gameplay. Hope you get it figured out, it is really an amazing feat for gaming.

Philosopher wrote:
I bought antechamber. I had to try that shit. There is a problem with the game right now though, the developer still has some bugs to work out. I haven't been able to successfully open the game yet. Sad but I'm sure ill get to play eventually, I mean I did pay for it.

NamahsNaicigam
#8 Posted : 2/22/2013 10:17:20 PM

प्रत्येक बुद्ध

I love existential games like this. Thanks for sharing voyaj. If you have a ps3 I would suggest checking out Journey and Flower if you haven't already.
[Nãh•Mãs Ny•See•Gom] - Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Familiarity did.
Samsara

voyaj
#9 Posted : 2/22/2013 10:35:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NamahsNaicigam wrote:
I love existential games like this. Thanks for sharing voyaj. If you have a ps3 I would suggest checking out Journey and Flower if you haven't already.

Both magnificent games. Thank you for bringing them up, certainly high on the list of great experimental/artsy/indie games. I always thought it was ridiculous when people used to say video games could never be art. I have played video games since I was a little child in the early eighties, playing games back then like the Ultima franchise, one had to know the possibilities for this medium were endless. Then the big companies took over and luckily, unlike film and music in their early years we are seeing an indie revival of games and fortunately it is lucrative for the indie devs to keep going and continue to innovate.

The future is bright, one of these days we are going to have an absolute masterpiece of gaming that even the MOMA can admit is an artistic modern masterpiece. Hell, the only electronic software that I could say is an interactive masterpiece is when I load that pipe of spice Smile

Psychelectric
#10 Posted : 2/23/2013 2:45:27 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

I just have to say thanks for the recommendation. I felt like tripping just playing the game, Laughing . The puzzles are excellent and really require some change in thinking to even figure out. Challenging, but not frustrating, and that's a real hard thing for a puzzle game to pull off.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

hostilis
#11 Posted : 2/25/2013 12:19:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing.
If you continue to contribute to this community i think you will be a valuable addition to the Nexus.

Thanks Very happy. This game is sick.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

voyaj
#12 Posted : 2/25/2013 1:01:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the kind words,

I am glad you guys went out on a limb to give it a shot and are enjoying its zany puzzles.

hostilis wrote:
This is awesome. Thank you for sharing.
If you continue to contribute to this community i think you will be a valuable addition to the Nexus.

Thanks Very happy. This game is sick.

voyaj
#13 Posted : 3/23/2013 9:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Parallax: Gravitational Surfaces

voyaj
#14 Posted : 4/3/2013 10:12:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi again fellow Nexians

Will continue to update this thread into the eternal future:

This time around: PERSPECTIVE

It is totally free: http://www.seewithperspective.com/

ENJOY

null24
#15 Posted : 4/3/2013 10:58:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Looks alot like a japanese game called LSD I saw a little thing about on youtube with the halls and similar animations. This is english though. Neet-o.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

voyaj
#16 Posted : 4/3/2013 11:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, keep it coming.

Post youtube trailers or game footage of games that you think are somewhat psychedelic or just utterly strange.

null24 wrote:
Looks alot like a japanese game called LSD I saw a little thing about on youtube with the halls and similar animations. This is english though. Neet-o.

aetherbound
#17 Posted : 4/4/2013 1:01:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought this game a couple of months ago and had a blast beating it...very clever Laughing

Machinarium Very kewl demo and I may end up buying it too...

In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

DeDao
#18 Posted : 4/4/2013 11:53:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

voyaj wrote:
Hi again fellow Nexians

Will continue to update this thread into the eternal future:

This time around: PERSPECTIVE

It is totally free: http://www.seewithperspective.com/

ENJOY

Wow this is awesome!
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

voyaj
#19 Posted : 4/22/2013 6:00:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This one is supposed to be an abstract, ambient, adventure game.
It is called NaissanceE.

voyaj
#20 Posted : 4/23/2013 11:11:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This one is called NOWHERE. It is described as:

an independently produced surreal sandbox exploration game.
It will feature elements of strategy, construction, farming, puzzling
and adventure set in a post-singularian universe.

12NEXT