CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
[Reminder] Help the mods - Your vote counts! Options
 
hixidom
#21 Posted : 5/4/2013 7:49:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1047
Joined: 21-Nov-2011
Last visit: 17-Oct-2017
Just now learning about this... Embarrased

bump Big grin
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.
 

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!
 
Cosmic Spore
#22 Posted : 8/3/2013 6:12:13 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢


Posts: 599
Joined: 09-Nov-2011
Last visit: 10-Aug-2016
Location: Spirit World
Bump


https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=474006#post474006

and other new members.


I think I may need to pay more attention to new members; I give this one the benefit of the doubt because he/she has been here a while.
 
anrchy
#23 Posted : 8/3/2013 7:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 3136
Joined: 27-Mar-2012
Last visit: 07-Jun-2017
Cosmic Spore wrote:
Bump


https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=474006#post474006

and other new members.


I think I may need to pay more attention to new members; I give this one the benefit of the doubt because he/she has been here a while.


Owning a username for any amount of time does not equal to actually being here. Contributing by posting does equal to "being" here.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]
 
a1pha
#24 Posted : 8/3/2013 7:05:05 PM


Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Posts: 3790
Joined: 12-Feb-2009
Last visit: 08-Dec-2017
The word "participation" pops into mind for some reason.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley
 
Cosmic Spore
#25 Posted : 8/3/2013 8:33:22 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢


Posts: 599
Joined: 09-Nov-2011
Last visit: 10-Aug-2016
Location: Spirit World
anrchy wrote:
Cosmic Spore wrote:
Bump


https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=474006#post474006

and other new members.


I think I may need to pay more attention to new members; I give this one the benefit of the doubt because he/she has been here a while.


Owning a username for any amount of time does not equal to actually being here. Contributing by posting does equal to "being" here.


I want to mention to a1pha and anrchy:

"Watch your language. Communication is comprised of not only the explicit but also the implicit messages, which are transmitted through choice of words and general tone of speech."


* If you two read my post in that thread you saw I wrote "I do agree that it would be helpful to have more than 9 posts in 2+ years."

A person who has an account that is over 18 months old has likely had time to review the rules, review many of the important parts of the nexus, read our posts and see the pics we post... "being here", just not talking with us enough in our opinions.


I do agree that posting is the best way for members to get to know new members, but consider this: neither of you two are new enough to have went through the promotion hassle (and are also already comfortable communicating here)... it does kind of not seem cool when one wants to post a reply to a topic, but is limited to where they may post- limiting participation (which in many instances is understandable and necessary, but a spammer would not lurk 2 years IMHO); I think this is a good idea, but after almost 2 years, I believe one has "been here", and more likely than not deserves the chance to reply to what members are discussing outside the welcome area; they can be put back anytime needed.


That being said, I don't know this "Spark" person, and you both are more senior than I am.
 
anrchy
#26 Posted : 8/3/2013 8:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 3136
Joined: 27-Mar-2012
Last visit: 07-Jun-2017
My response was more regarding to when you said " I give this one the benefit of the doubt because he/she has been here a while."

He hasn't been here awhile. 9 posts isn't that long. And as far as that goes I was technically here based on your terms 2 years before even creating an account.

Before the voting promotion there was still a promotion process, but instead it was delegated solely on mods. The voting system is here to eleviate the work load a bit on the mods. I'm curious why exactly did you cite the communication rules?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]
 
Cosmic Spore
#27 Posted : 8/3/2013 9:08:25 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢


Posts: 599
Joined: 09-Nov-2011
Last visit: 10-Aug-2016
Location: Spirit World
anrchy wrote:
My response was more regarding to when you said " I give this one the benefit of the doubt because he/she has been here a while."

He hasn't been here awhile. 9 posts isn't that long. And as far as that goes I was technically here based on your terms 2 years before even creating an account.

Before the voting promotion there was still a promotion process, but instead it was delegated solely on mods. The voting system is here to eleviate the work load a bit on the mods. I'm curious why exactly did you cite the communication rules?



I don't wish to argue...

9 post is definitely not much communication, but 2 years in the nursery seems like a long time to me, and like I said is IMHO long enough to review the rules, faq, attitude, etc; any member can be put back into the nursery if needed... I was trying to say that after 2 years, one is probably like-minded, and more-likely-than-not deserves a chance at open communication.

I felt like you two were communicating toward me in a tone that was insulting (perhaps it was not intended that way, if not, I apologize). < I was actually here before I was an active posting member for years; I knew the rules, etc. and I apologize that the comment "Owning a username for any amount of time does not equal to actually being here. Contributing by posting does equal to 'being' here." rubbed me the wrong way and came across insulting.
 
anrchy
#28 Posted : 8/3/2013 9:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 3136
Joined: 27-Mar-2012
Last visit: 07-Jun-2017
I don't wish to argue either, that's not my intent in my posts. Not tryijg to stalk you about this topic either. I'm just trying to relay that the points you are outling are not the only part of the process. Yes reading the rules is important ect. But when you say " one is probably like-minded, and more-likely-than-not deserves a chance at open communication." It causes me to think your missing the point. You cannot simply assume one is like minded and going to be a good addition to the community it has to be shown and the way this is for is through post content, chat, participation.

It's very simple. I just don't see what the fuss is all about being in the nursery. Besides not being able to post on member sections. To get there is very simple. Communicate with us.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]
 
The Traveler
#29 Posted : 8/3/2013 10:34:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Posts: 6919
Joined: 18-Jan-2007
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
Cosmic Spore wrote:
9 post is definitely not much communication, but 2 years in the nursery seems like a long time to me, and like I said is IMHO long enough to review the rules, faq, attitude, etc;

You would be surprised by that if you knew how many times the mods have to take action.

The WELCOME AREA is to get to know a member before he/she and see if they are inline with our attitude and rules. Often reading the rules does not mean they are willing to obey those rules or are even understanding them to the fullest.

The best way for new members to get promoted is to make valuable posts based on reliable sources and/or solid logic. Also visiting the chat to get to know each other works wonders.

From years of moderating the DMT-Nexus I can assure you sure that being here for 2 years and making 9 posts is not enough to know if this member will fit in or not.


Kind regards,

The Traveler




 
strtman
#30 Posted : 8/19/2016 8:02:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 211
Joined: 06-Sep-2015
Last visit: 11-Dec-2017
As a member I have the possibility to vote. Is there a limit to the number of times I may vote?

Light, pull, whoooOOOOMMMM
 
hug46
#31 Posted : 8/19/2016 12:44:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1595
Joined: 07-Sep-2012
Last visit: 08-Dec-2017
strtman wrote:
As a member I have the possibility to vote. Is there a limit to the number of times I may vote?



Quote:
VOTING POWER

__00 New member
__20 Member
__30 Senior Member
1000 Moderator


Now i'm confused. Does that mean i have 20 votes or my vote is worth 20 units when used? If it's a units system how many does a new member need to become a full member?
be safe

my music
 
The Traveler
#32 Posted : 8/19/2016 12:51:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Posts: 6919
Joined: 18-Jan-2007
Last visit: 09-Dec-2017
hug46 wrote:
strtman wrote:
As a member I have the possibility to vote. Is there a limit to the number of times I may vote?



Quote:
VOTING POWER

__00 New member
__20 Member
__30 Senior Member
1000 Moderator


Now i'm confused. Does that mean i have 20 votes or my vote is worth 20 units when used? If it's a units system how many does a new member need to become a full member?

It is the voting power, a total of 90 is needed for a member to be promoted.

You can vote once for every new member. And you can vote for as many new members as you like.


Kind regards,

The Traveler
 
some one
#33 Posted : 9/14/2016 9:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 187
Joined: 02-Dec-2012
Last visit: 04-Sep-2017
Just brainstorming a little..

If you are worried that some good contributing new members miss getting promoted, then another possibility next to the current system is to auto promote to full membership when X months have passed and they have X number of posts. When this happens the mods get a notification to approve the promotion. They then quickly scan through the post history and if they see what they like (or don't see anything they dislike) its green light for the promotion. If someone posts 100 posts in 6 months for example with decent content, that's proof of dedication. Most people will adapt to the communication style of the forum after being active for several months, it's human nature.

This way we won't be missing out on any deserved promotions. And its nice for new members to have a more objective goal of when they might get promoted.

My 2 cents
some is one - here is some - there is one
 
PREV12
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.255 seconds.