We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
A Few Tips for New Folks from a Regular Member... Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 2/13/2013 5:02:26 PM

lettuce

So I see, time after time newer folks asking a number of questions that have been answered countless times.

If you didn't read this ... DMT NEXUS ATTITUDE EXPECTATIONS ... then you should do so now.

Please take the time to read it well and understand it. If you're unable or unwilling to do that, then the Nexus isn't the place for you.

Many members here at the Nexus will cheerfully answer your redundant and previously answered questions all day long, and you'll be a lucky person if and when you meet them. However, please don't EXPECT others to do your due diligence as far as searching the site for existing threads/pages/posts/information.

Don't get snippy when a Moderator reminds you of this. Your happiness here relies heavily on your ability to openly communicate and and maturely accept the responsibilities that belong to you as well as the rules of this forum (which should be remembered - isn't a democracy but more of a benevolent monarchy).

With all that said, I'm sure glad you're here! The more the merrier!

Welcome to the DMT Nexus!

Peace & Blessings,

Pup Tentacle Thumbs up
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

wearepeople
#2 Posted : 2/13/2013 5:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

dxmroid
#3 Posted : 2/13/2013 5:09:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've still got lots to learn Smile but I love it here

D.REYx420
#4 Posted : 2/13/2013 5:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

a1pha
#5 Posted : 2/13/2013 5:13:23 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Thumbs up Thumbs up
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

wearepeople
#6 Posted : 2/13/2013 7:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For the new members with questions, this is a wonderful thing to read!

how to ask questions

Love Love Love
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

The Electric Hippy
#7 Posted : 2/13/2013 10:47:55 PM

Glitch Modulator

Another thing I see a lot from new members is disrespect towards anyone who disagrees with them, especially mods. A lot of them seem to think the mods here are very strict and uptight. If anything, the fact that mods will give out several reminders before any disiplinary action is given shows to me they would much rather give a verbal warning than a ban.
"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves" - Buddha

anrchy
#8 Posted : 2/14/2013 2:03:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The point is to encourage people to learn and research on their own and to diminish repetitive questions. A lot of questions that are asked could simply be thrown into a google search and adding DMT-nexus to the end.

Members need to get used to searching FIRST, cross referencing, READING and when that is exhausted with no results THEN post a thread to ask their question.

Love you pup tentacle.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 2/14/2013 2:54:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A more efficient site search using Google uses syntax as follows:

The whole site:

Code:
"required string" optional string site:dmt-nexus.me

The forum:

Code:
"required string" optional string site:dmt-nexus.me/forum/

The wiki:

Code:
"required string" optional string site:wiki.dmt-nexus.me

D × V × F > R

infinitynlove
#10 Posted : 2/14/2013 3:59:26 AM

Mushroom Explorer

d*l*b wrote:
A more efficient site search using Google uses syntax as follows:

The whole site:

Code:
"required string" optional string site:dmt-nexus.me

The forum:

Code:
"required string" optional string site:dmt-nexus.me/forum/

The wiki:

Code:
"required string" optional string site:wiki.dmt-nexus.me

Excellent use of google! Thanks for pointing this out.
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

dxmroid
#11 Posted : 2/14/2013 2:39:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thanks for all the info so far, i wish i would have never found this place, i haven't done this much reading in ages Smile

Guyomech
#12 Posted : 2/14/2013 10:09:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

For FAQ's Sake
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=35239

Is always an excellent place to start.

Pup Tentacle
#13 Posted : 2/14/2013 10:25:46 PM

lettuce

You know, I want to add in here - on a very positive note. That asking the individual to be responsible for their own research, in no way is meant to discourage participation. There are plenty of discussions as well as the Chat rooms where one can interact and join in. This is, in fact, the lifeblood of any good online forum/community. So keep that in mind. Big grin
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Guyomech
#14 Posted : 2/15/2013 1:14:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Also, once you've searched the site and not found your answer, you have a much better bet of starting an interesting topic... Ground that hasn't yet been beaten flat. The psychedelic subject is endlessly deep, so challenge us with novel ideas and unexpected questions!

Mr.Peabody
#15 Posted : 2/15/2013 4:13:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ Exactly my thoughts. I always get excited when, after searching for something, I come up empty. That means I get to ask a new question and contribute!Big grin
Be an adult only when necessary.

Aries
#16 Posted : 3/9/2013 10:29:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm new here, but I have to say that I'm grateful to find a mature and insightful place for discussion and sharing of information on DMT.

Really, impressed with the depth of some of the discussions around here.

Unfortunately I haven't experienced DMT yet so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to add to the discussion, in the meantime I will be content just listening and learning even if I never get to experience it.

fractaleyes
#17 Posted : 3/15/2013 5:10:24 AM

HUNAB KU

Thumbs up
“The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.”
– Terence McKenna

Gowpen
#18 Posted : 3/20/2013 1:58:57 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Thumbs up

Also, Why you should NOT take DMT... A great read.
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Gowpen
#19 Posted : 3/20/2013 2:04:45 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Aries wrote:
I'm new here, but I have to say that I'm grateful to find a mature and insightful place for discussion and sharing of information on DMT.

Really, impressed with the depth of some of the discussions around here.

Unfortunately I haven't experienced DMT yet so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to add to the discussion, in the meantime I will be content just listening and learning even if I never get to experience it.

Hello Aries, welcome. I have heard many times, DMT finds you. This is so often the case. However, cultivating ones own plant to maturity and extracting DMT from sustainable parts of it, can be a most rewarding experience.
Regards G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

graphicshappy
#20 Posted : 6/3/2013 5:34:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been a lurker for a while and just wanted to note that the rules or attitude suggestions are most helpful and I hope to be able to contribute more into the future as I explore this path that has found me.

123NEXT»