We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
If you're having trouble getting crystals from acrb, use this tek (thick-light) Options

RustySpoon
#61 Posted : 12/11/2012 11:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

foaf wrote:
how finely did you gring your rootbark? and did you strain off the vinegar water from your boils or just decant? if so, how? acacia doesn't seem to be available in powder like we got used to with mhrb. sorry if those were asked already, I didnt see that they were.

i ground mine down into a very fine powder before doing any research but didnt find it too hard to work with, just a little extra time filtering and decanting. i removed the water from the jars i had them cooking in, by just putting the top off center and poured it off, then filtered, then cooled it down and filtered again leaving all the acacia sludge at the bottom.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

shanedudddy2
#62 Posted : 12/12/2012 2:58:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could me not filtering the solution as thorough as possible (only strained once through a shirt) resulted in the goo.
Additionally, I also combined all my pulls, rather than keep them separate.
Can anyone please let me know if after basification if I am to wait any particular time until I start performing the pulls?
Or can I just basify and do all the pulls one after another. Smile
Cheers, hopefully will get started when I get home. I am aiming for 110% efficiency this time around.

*oneironaut*
#63 Posted : 12/12/2012 3:24:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:
Could me not filtering the solution as thorough as possible (only strained once through a shirt) resulted in the goo.
Additionally, I also combined all my pulls, rather than keep them separate.
Can anyone please let me know if after basification if I am to wait any particular time until I start performing the pulls?
Or can I just basify and do all the pulls one after another. Smile
Cheers, hopefully will get started when I get home. I am aiming for 110% efficiency this time around.

Take another look at step two.. in this tek he's adding the naptha while the solution is still warm, which would mean adding the naptha shortly after the lye, then mix the solution and allow to seperate several times.. in this case 5 or 6 and letting the last agitation settle with ample time, so no rush. Doing this you are probably looking at doing your actuall pull under an hour max (correct me if I'm wrong thick-light).

It is also my understanding that he is reusing the naptha on consecutive pulls as per step 5. Generally you can let your basified soup sit for quite a while if you want and probably should more than less, its the pulls that you don't want sitting too long or you start picking up oils.. hence goo, especially under high heat. If you are putting the naptha in with the soup under heat, do the pulls as quick as the seperations allow... that's my basic understanding Thumbs up Good luck!
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

Cosmiclearning
#64 Posted : 12/12/2012 4:50:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Followed tek other than weight, only used 100g and scaled the rest down.
This is what I got after freezer precip but within 5 min out of freezer all the
xtals melt and as soon as the goo is scraped up it turns yellow even though
it looks white in the glass. Do yo think the reason the xtals melt is from the
small batch resulting in not enough dmt to fully saturate the solvent? I even
evapd for a bit to get the naptha nice and cloudy first.
Sad

I live in Aruba with Elvis and Makaveli. We produce sick beats all day and make up silly stories on the internet. All of my stories are fictitious, must be all the second hand pot smoke from Tupac.

*oneironaut*
#65 Posted : 12/12/2012 5:29:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmiclearning wrote:
Followed tek other than weight, only used 100g and scaled the rest down.
This is what I got after freezer precip but within 5 min out of freezer all the
xtals melt and as soon as the goo is scraped up it turns yellow even though
it looks white in the glass. Do yo think the reason the xtals melt is from the
small batch resulting in not enough dmt to fully saturate the solvent? I even
evapd for a bit to get the naptha nice and cloudy first.
Sad

Hey, no reason to frown... looks like you definitely have some goodies in there. Here is what I would do, redesolve with just enough warm naphta to disolve it all and re-freeze, then once xtals have formed pour off naptha and turn bowl upside down with a paper towl under and if you can put back in freezer, if you can't put it in the freezer (cuz it will obviously evap the rest into the freezer) find the coolest place you can and put a fan on the upside down bowl, what I've done is a use a hair dryer on COOL SETTING with a diffuser and evap any naptha that might redesolve the xtals... not sure what your temp is in your locale but if it's warm and thers naptha in with the xtals it can easily melt them.. anyway, not knowing what you did exactly after pullin from the freezer, I'd do that... hope it works out, but it definitely looks like plenty of yummies in there.

Dr John
#66 Posted : 12/12/2012 5:32:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmiclearning, your 100g pull look similar to my pint jar test pull.. which i did prior to the half gallon jar pull will less acacia solution.

i am very curious on what the result would be for 1000 grams of acacia, instead of 500 and a bit less naptha. anyways, when i did my test pulls, of about 25 - 50grams - or 200 ml of soup. I got absolutely no crystals, just melting crystal goo. you can see in my first post i said it didn't look like it was doing good and all my crystals turned to goo, but on my first large pull i got a good looking white pile of crystals.

so maybe one can try less solvent, which would leave that solvent more saturated with dmt instead of nmt, you'll get the nmt on later pulls anyway. one other interesting note i'm not sure is common or not, but the 1/8 inch layer of naptha which is left on top the soup in my mason jar is absolutely covered in crystals. i can try one final pull with a small amount of naptha, see if i get crystal instead of goo.

thick-light said plenty of his crystals crashed out at room temperature, i didn't see much of that -but i think it was simply because my solvent wasn't as saturated as his.

Cosmiclearning
#67 Posted : 12/12/2012 5:47:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll try the re-xtal with a little bit of naptha and see if that works, though I'm scared to turn that jar upside down over paper towels! What if everything melts again and runs into the paper towel? Sad

I used root bark for this, but also have some trunk bark as well, probably gonna try the next extraction with that and see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the input!

Dr John, what sort of decanting method are you using that leaves an 1/8" of solvent on top of your base?
At the most I'm left with maybe 1-2ml that remains with the base.
I live in Aruba with Elvis and Makaveli. We produce sick beats all day and make up silly stories on the internet. All of my stories are fictitious, must be all the second hand pot smoke from Tupac.

Dr John
#68 Posted : 12/12/2012 3:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

decanted with a turkey baster, worked well. towards the end the small needle started pulling up gunk so i left a bit on top.. i could have decanted more if i really wanted 2.

*oneironaut*
#69 Posted : 12/12/2012 4:09:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmiclearning wrote:
I'll try the re-xtal with a little bit of naptha and see if that works, though I'm scared to turn that jar upside down over paper towels! What if everything melts again and runs into the paper towel? Sad

I used root bark for this, but also have some trunk bark as well, probably gonna try the next extraction with that and see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the input!

Dr John, what sort of decanting method are you using that leaves an 1/8" of solvent on top of your base?
At the most I'm left with maybe 1-2ml that remains with the base.

or just put a plate under it and put the jar at an anle, if its in the freezer it shouldn't melt, what u are trying to do isget rid of all the naptha while your xtals stay formed and evap the remaining nap. You can even put the bowl on top ov another bowl to catch it if it does.. also, using mason jars usually is better than a bowl, something with flat bottom/sides like pyrex dish as well.. hard to tell in your pic, but looks like a bowl or glass? Keep us posted

Cosmiclearning
#70 Posted : 12/12/2012 4:50:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a small glass dish, flat bottom and sides, find they work great Smile

So, evaping leaves an oily sludge. But freezer precip then cold evap or expedited evap with fan or dryer leaves xtals.
So there are alkaloids being poured off in the extra solvent then correct? These alks when allowed to evap prevent the xtals from forming, but are still active?

I vapd a little of the oil last night and it was great Smile Very well rounded, the AC experience differs from MHRB for sure.
So if I re-xtal I will be loosing quite a bit of the nmt and any other alks hanging around. Wonder what that will do to the experience?

*oneironaut*
#71 Posted : 12/12/2012 6:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmiclearning wrote:
It's a small glass dish, flat bottom and sides, find they work great Smile

So, evaping leaves an oily sludge. But freezer precip then cold evap or expedited evap with fan or dryer leaves xtals.
So there are alkaloids being poured off in the extra solvent then correct? These alks when allowed to evap prevent the xtals from forming, but are still active?

I vapd a little of the oil last night and it was great Smile Very well rounded, the AC experience differs from MHRB for sure.
So if I re-xtal I will be loosing quite a bit of the nmt and any other alks hanging around. Wonder what that will do to the experience?

It does sound like this tek is getting both the dmt and nmt, if you are after white xtals, then yes those wwill mostly be pure dmt, what you pour off, you can either use on another pull or let it evap completely and even the goo over a few days should get more solid and workable. The putting it upside down in the freezer thing is really just to evap off the tiny bit of naptha that you didn't get when u poured it off, you shouldn't be loosing anything there, you are just trying to keep the xtals in tact while the naptha clears. If you liked the effects of the dmt/nmt goo, then hey... looks like your done Thumbs up

Not sure if you've checked out Q21Q21 tek, there are 2 versions tha supposedly have been quite successful with ACBR the first tek gets the NMT and DMT or jimjam and goes into the goo stuff and how to prepare it etc.. check it if you haven't

Cosmiclearning
#72 Posted : 12/14/2012 9:58:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the third pull freezer precip, poured off and let dry in the freezer.
Made nice snowflake like xtals. Thanks for the help!

JayofSouthern
#73 Posted : 12/15/2012 8:13:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting when I shook my mix of naptha and basified water I ended up with a weird mix. With a layer of the base water at the botom another red layer and then a sponge looking kinda solid looking mass suspended in a layer of naptha which i suspect are the "Emulsions" So i can just gently roll the jar to reduce those and still pull the DMT?
Searching for Jet Fuel

crazycanadian
#74 Posted : 12/16/2012 5:39:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you think this TEK would work with Mearnsii?

crazycanadian
#75 Posted : 12/16/2012 7:20:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh, I forgot to mention I have acacia powder, not bark.

*oneironaut*
#76 Posted : 12/17/2012 8:57:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmiclearning wrote:
This is the third pull freezer precip, poured off and let dry in the freezer.
Made nice snowflake like xtals. Thanks for the help!

Houston we have liftoff! those look beautifulllllllll.. slobber...drool drool... Smile

Satori1111
#77 Posted : 12/19/2012 7:08:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shout out to Thick-light for this tek information...

Brief Background..

I heard from a friend that they followed Tek as thoroughly as possible. A few hiccups along the way, as expected.. Perhaps boils may have evaped to much, maybe added to little or to much of this or that (Naptha/Lye) +/-). For the most part, we feel confident in attention to detail with proper equipment.

Final Result!

Only the sides of mason jar vessel were scraped, bottom was left for later purification because access for scraping was limited (Should have used a Pyrex Rectangular Baking Dish) and final result was mixture of random "Pure white snow globe x-tals" and "Reddish Goo Substance" assuming trace alks? See photo #2 In any case, they felt it would be better just to re-dissolve in Warm Naptha Bath and add to remaining "Acacia Soup".

1st photo - Did NOT let sit for 8-+? hours in Milky Naptha Solution.. Sat maybe 3 hours tops then freeze precipitated for 19-24 hours ish.

2nd and 3rd Photo near Bottom of jar "Red/Light Orange Goo" can be seen mixed with PERFECT white crystals, seemed to intensify in "Redish Goo-Ness" the warmer it became out of freezer. Unfortunatly, did not have proper dish for access, nor tools/know how on removal.

4th, upside down view of bottom, for closer examination of contents mixed with white crystals.

5th - After ONLY scraping the sides resulted in .37 of pure white fluffy xtals..

So, what does everyone think? Suggestions? Improvements? Questions?

All and any input appreciated.
Satori1111 attached the following image(s):
2012-12-18 17.01.48.jpg (2,537kb) downloaded 1,144 time(s).
2012-12-18 17.02.04.jpg (2,475kb) downloaded 1,134 time(s).
2012-12-18 17.02.51.jpg (1,854kb) downloaded 1,140 time(s).
2012-12-18 17.07.17.jpg (2,546kb) downloaded 1,142 time(s).
2012-12-18 20.35.45.jpg (657kb) downloaded 1,142 time(s).
"Before you can know anything directly, non-verbally, you must know the knower. So far, you took the mind for the knower, but it is not so. The mind clogs you up with images and ideas, which leave scars in memory. You take remembering to be knowledge. True knowledge is ever fresh, new, unexpected. It wells up from within. When you know what you are, you also are what you know. Between knowing and being there is no gap." "I Am That" - by Nisargadatta Maharaj

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

thirdeyeopen86
#78 Posted : 12/24/2012 10:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As I also hate the smell of vinegar, can I simply use hydrochloric acid to bring the pH down as I do when extracting for mimosa? I ask because I already have 500mL of it from prior A/B extractions with MHRB.

Satori1111
#79 Posted : 12/24/2012 11:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phosphoric acid is the best alternative to Vinegar with NO smell, and takes maybe 2-3 drops at the most for ph altercation.
"Before you can know anything directly, non-verbally, you must know the knower. So far, you took the mind for the knower, but it is not so. The mind clogs you up with images and ideas, which leave scars in memory. You take remembering to be knowledge. True knowledge is ever fresh, new, unexpected. It wells up from within. When you know what you are, you also are what you know. Between knowing and being there is no gap." "I Am That" - by Nisargadatta Maharaj

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

thirdeyeopen86
#80 Posted : 12/24/2012 11:05:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Satori1111 wrote:
Phosphoric acid is the best alternative to Vinegar with NO smell, and takes maybe 2-3 drops at the most for ph altercation.

85% Food grade good?

«PREV23456NEXT»