We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Post Your Mescaline Extraction Results Options

Kash
#21 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:20:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Red Eclipse wrote:
Kash wrote:
Thought I would share.. Some m. sulfate from recent extraction of bridgesii using the house's resin chunk method and then standard base/acid/re-x.Smile

Beautiful!!

I'm drooling over here Thumbs up

Thanks! This method was extremely easy and hassle free, I think it is what SWIM will use from now on. House's resin chunk method to get a reduced tea, basified with 2 molar NaOH, pulled with toluene 5 times, salted using dg's titration recommendation, and re-x'd the product to give fine white crystals. Only took one day too. Very happy

Discovered that only 1 titrated pull is necessary to obtain all of the mesc. I salted 4 times and kept the first salting seperate from the other three. The first salting pulled 700mg semi-pure needle crystals, while the other three pulls totalled <10mg. Pretty cool imho.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ganjaman
#22 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash, the sulfate looks realy amazing.
I would love to see a step by step write up from you, if it's not to time consumingBig grin

Mr.Peabody
#23 Posted : 2/26/2013 4:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that one pull with toluene pulled all of the mescaline? Is mescaline more soluble in toluene than xylene? I used xylene on my last cactus extraction, and needed to pull many times to get it all.

I think I'll have to look into this method. My dirty HCl crystals gave a nice trip, but there's something calling me to those beautiful pearly fluffy crystals. Smile
Be an adult only when necessary.

El Mescalero
#24 Posted : 2/26/2013 5:45:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
Is that one pull with toluene pulled all of the mescaline? Is mescaline more soluble in toluene than xylene? I used xylene on my last cactus extraction, and needed to pull many times to get it all.

I think I'll have to look into this method. My dirty HCl crystals gave a nice trip, but there's something calling me to those beautiful pearly fluffy crystals. Smile

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the salting phase. I've had the same experience with titration, which is a really good method if you're making the sulfate salt since excess sulfuric acid doesn't evaporate off and ends up in the final product. I titrate to a pH of 5, and further pulls yield almost nothing. So rather than doing three washes with the acid, I just titrate to pH 5 and get almost all of the product in one step.
I am El Mescalero and I demand Mescaline for the Masses!

Kash
#25 Posted : 2/27/2013 12:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exactly what mescalero said. You really only need to do one acid pull of the toluene using titration, its pretty neat. Still need to pull with your np solvent 4-6 times. I dont see any difference in using xylene or toluene, except toluene smells WAY less than xylene.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

dg
#26 Posted : 2/27/2013 1:22:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ganjaman wrote:
Kash, the sulfate looks realy amazing.
I would love to see a step by step write up from you, if it's not to time consumingBig grin

i already done did that...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=14000

ganjaman
#27 Posted : 2/27/2013 5:59:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot dg

El Mescalero
#28 Posted : 3/2/2013 6:50:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Thought I would share.. Some m. sulfate from recent extraction of bridgesii using the house's resin chunk method and then standard base/acid/re-x.Smile

OK, I have to ask, what is house's resin chunk method? Searched but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

El Mescalero

Kash
#29 Posted : 3/2/2013 11:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a simple boil using chunks and alittle acid. Eliminates fine sediment normally associated with teks that blend the cacti into powder. https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8404

El Mescalero
#30 Posted : 3/3/2013 7:54:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Just a simple boil using chunks and alittle acid. Eliminates fine sediment normally associated with teks that blend the cacti into powder. https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8404

Thanks for the link, Kash.

El Mescalero

Kash
#31 Posted : 3/13/2013 2:45:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought I should share for SWIM...

Extraction: 2 12'' Bridgesii (Prefrozen)

1) Cut bridgesii into small chunks and simmered 1-2hrs in 2L h2o + pinch of citric acid. Strain and save water, start reducing. Repeated 3 more times.
2) Combined reduction is filtered and put in fridge due to personal time constraints.
3) Remaining cacti is saturated with 70% IPA and mixed well for 20 minutes. This is filtered and evaporated to give a hard crystal green/clear residue.
4) Later, the IPA extract residue was dissolved in HCl h2o and filtered (with difficulty), then put in with the intial reduced extracts.
5) The volume was estimated at 700ml and made to be basic 2M with 100 ml NaOH soln.
6) Mixed in 200ml toluene and mag stirred 20 minutes. Formed an emulsion likely due to the IPA extract that did not seperate over 1 hr. Upon heating the emulsion seperated quickly. Seperated layers and set aside toluene extract, put aqueous back in original container.
7) Repeated toluene pulls 3 more times with 100ml each.
8 ) Added 100ml h2o to combined toluene extracts and set to stir. Added 1ml incriments of 20% hcl muriatic acid with mixing until solution no longer tested basic pH. Continued stirring additional 20 mins. Layers seperated nicely.
9) Seperated layers and discarded toluene. Aqueous was evaporated to give nice crystal formation. This was dried and scraped up.
10) Washed crystals in dry MEK and dried to produce attractive light white/tan/silver product. Did not recrystallize to keep full-er spectrum alks.

Estimated Fresh Weight: 2-3lbs
Estimated dry weight (10%): 90-136g
Final Product Weight: 1.65g
Yield Estimate: 1.2%-1.8%

Great Success! Easy procedure and good yield.
Kash attached the following image(s):
m_hcl_1.jpg (236kb) downloaded 1,010 time(s).

3rdI
#32 Posted : 3/13/2013 9:20:02 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Drool Drool Drool

just ordered some cactus. Cheers Kash.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Kash
#33 Posted : 3/13/2013 11:39:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck 3rdI, hope it goes well. Smile

cyantific
#34 Posted : 3/15/2013 5:26:16 PM

Journeyman

Lookin good Kash, thanks for posting. So after you did the boils, you treated the cactus chunks with IPA? I've never heard of this step. You don't think the boils got all the alks out ?

Kash
#35 Posted : 3/15/2013 11:54:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyantific wrote:
Lookin good Kash, thanks for posting. So after you did the boils, you treated the cactus chunks with IPA? I've never heard of this step. You don't think the boils got all the alks out ?

Ya, its basically just being extra thorough. Only did 4 boils so it is a possibility that some alks could remain. IPA extracts better than water (pulling any remaining alks), though it is also more expensive and pulls extra garbage (like cacti snot), so using it for one final pull works well.

dg
#36 Posted : 3/16/2013 12:05:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

i'd be curious to hear bio assay from just a last IPA pull after 3-4 water extractions.
doubt there'd be much in there- especially if the material was PC'd

Kash
#37 Posted : 3/16/2013 2:52:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was bored and had never seen mesc fumarate so converted some mesc hcl to mesc fumarate by dissolving in h2o, basing, toluene pull, and mixed with fumaric methanol, preciping fine white crystals. Solvent was decanted off and crystals scraped up. No sour fumaric acid contamination was present. Pleased So purty...
m_fumarate_2.jpg (58kb) downloaded 914 time(s).
m_fumarate.jpg (74kb) downloaded 916 time(s).

DeDao
#38 Posted : 3/16/2013 2:54:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow Kash.. Impressive.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Kash
#39 Posted : 3/16/2013 4:49:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Dedao. Heres a new one SWIM hasnt seen before, finicky little crystals to filter.. Same method as above. Dissolves instantly on tongue, suggesting high absorption/water solubility. No sour contaminants.

Big grin Mescaline Tartrate :
m-tartrate.jpg (63kb) downloaded 892 time(s).
m_tartrate_2.jpg (64kb) downloaded 895 time(s).

Poekus
#40 Posted : 3/16/2013 8:41:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice Kash! All those different salts you're showing. Can the excessive tartaric acid be cleaned easily or does it evaporates of like Hcl in case you'd use too much? Is this also the case with sulphuric / fumaric acid. I thought I read somewhere that it always needed a nasty MEK cleanup to get rid of the excessive acid. I'm not that confident to use MEK as I tend to be a little clumsy some times Smile But now I see all your nice crystals my hands are itching to do some new experiments.

PREV1234NEXT»