We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Psilocybin changa? Options

Infundibulum
#21 Posted : 10/23/2012 2:34:15 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIMfriend wrote:
Still, it's "freebasing" that has been the trick that has allowed vaping plant alkaloids. Psilocybin can't be "freebased." At least, that's what better chemists than I have said.

Psilocybin is a zwitterion and thus can be freebased at its isoelectric point (net molecular charge =0) just as it can form salts with cations and or or anions depending on whether its net charge is negative or positive.

Benzyme once calculated the isoelectric point of psilocybin to be pH~4. In theory therefore one can make a changa mixture of a pH~4 to have freebase psilocybin. Problem is also that while the melting point is 220–228 °C, we do not know the evaporation point, that could easily be 400-500 °C.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SWIMfriend
#22 Posted : 10/23/2012 2:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to know this: Why is nobody talking about water extraction of psilocybin? We know beyond any doubt that it's very easy to extract, because people make teas that seem to have a strength similar to the initial mushroom quantity. Furthermore, IIRC, Benzyme had talked about a methanol extract being gooey--but a water extract would avoid, at least, most fat content.

A water extract seems like it should be better than alcohol--or, one could first extract in water, and then see if methanol would purify further.

I'm personally not interested in standard vaping, because I believe that ultrasonic "vaporization" of soluble solids is going to be better. I have in mind a sort of "piston" deal with ultrasonic vapor that will make for easy, large, measured doses (measured by the position of the piston).

You can actually buy inhaler ultrasonic vaporizers quite cheaply.

In a week or so I'm going to start doing some "bioassay" experiments with small mushroom quantities, testing solutions, reconstituted solutions, and leftover extracted mushroom material. My initial goal is to see if I can get a "powder-like" extract, where extract percentage is high, and the powder is at least 30% active, and will store well.

SWIMfriend
#23 Posted : 10/23/2012 2:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
...we do not know the evaporation point, that could easily be 400-500 °C

...and who knows what would happen to it in an oxygen environment at 500 C.

endlessness
#24 Posted : 10/23/2012 4:58:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=397873

This info might be of use, and maybe more can be added there once information/tests are gathered Smile

Gone-and-Back
#25 Posted : 10/23/2012 10:23:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I do not have the equipment to test whatever I end up extracting or anything like that, but I am going to at least give it a try and see what happens. There will be a post on here or somewhere about it eventually. hopefully soon.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Parshvik Chintan
#26 Posted : 10/23/2012 10:55:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
I do not have the equipment to test whatever I end up extracting or anything like that, but I am going to at least give it a try and see what happens. There will be a post on here or somewhere about it eventually. hopefully soon.

well i would at least recommend trying to FB it at ph~4
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Gone-and-Back
#27 Posted : 10/30/2012 9:46:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

To get the Ph to about 4 what would need to be done? Would I need to change the Ph of the solution that it is extracted into? What safe and consumable things can be used to alter that Ph?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

SWIMfriend
#28 Posted : 10/30/2012 10:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
To get the Ph to about 4 what would need to be done? Would I need to change the Ph of the solution that it is extracted into? What safe and consumable things can be used to alter that Ph?

Get a pH meter (quite cheap, actually) and/or indicator strips. Add an acid, drop-by-drop to whatever solution you want to be pH 4 (except pure water, which is not suitable for bringing to a certain pH without a buffer).

For that pH, vinegar will probably work. Possibly lemon juice--or straight ascorbic acid from a vitamin bottle.

Note: pH meters CAN be tricky to use, however--so you might be happiest with just a proper indicator strip for pH = 4

You'll want to do it in the final changa solution--after all ingredients are added. At that point bring it to pH = 4 and dry it.

Gone-and-Back
#29 Posted : 10/30/2012 10:57:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds easy enough, I have a Ph meter from a friend attempting to grow his own plants.

SWIMfriend
#30 Posted : 10/31/2012 12:47:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe your friend has some HCl, or you can get it. That's the most straightforward thing to acidify with (and that is, I'm ASSUMING you're going to want to acidify--it could be that your plants end up producing a highly acidic mix, and you would have to basify. In that case, you'd want to dissolve some NaOH--assuming you know how to do that from working with DMT.

nen888
#31 Posted : 10/31/2012 12:59:02 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..it apparently works if two more extraction steps are followed, and, i would predict even better if it's the base..

see psilocybin extraction/tincture tek....this thread really should be moved from Cultivation to here..

but, yeah, Jim de Korne [founder of Entheogen Review] reported that he had tried it, and it worked..

jamie
#32 Posted : 10/31/2012 2:35:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Jim de Korn vaped it and it worked? Or the extraction worked?

I have 2 tubs ready to fruit I just cant find ethanol or methanol here..if there is any way to vape this stuff though I will be on it within the next little while.
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#33 Posted : 10/31/2012 2:57:38 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..if someone can find the final issue of E.R, edited by de Korne, it's in there (i've lost my paper original)

he said it was somewhere between a usual ingested mushroom trip and smoked dmt, duration 45 minutes..he said he was really surprised no one else had tried or reported this..

jamie
#34 Posted : 10/31/2012 2:58:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yes yes nen ! Smile

That sounds ideal Smile
Long live the unwoke.

staresatwalls
#35 Posted : 10/31/2012 3:07:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

found the link i first heard about this in.

http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mu...ooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

it sounds feasible, can't wait to hear back from all you trying this out. wish i had the resources right now.
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

SWIMfriend
#36 Posted : 10/31/2012 3:09:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please do post any result immediately!

I'm also going to have lots of spare mushrooms pretty soon. I'm going to work first on plain water extraction--and that very slowly. First step for me is going to be verifying by "bio assay" whether water really gets everything out. Then on to the issue of what a dried water extract will look like (powder or goo)--and in which portion lies the activity.

jamie
#37 Posted : 10/31/2012 3:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

staresatwalls wrote:
found the link i first heard about this in.

http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mu...ooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

it sounds feasible, can't wait to hear back from all you trying this out. wish i had the resources right now.

Ahh..yess..that link..

I think that link has been tempting many of us for far too long tbh. I am dying to find out first hand if this is doable..if it is it would be a HUGE breakthrough for the community. I love psilocybin and psilocin, and I would especially love if I could have that experience in a 45 minute time frame.
Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#38 Posted : 10/31/2012 4:21:30 AM
member for the trees

Jim de Korne on smoked psilocybin should be Entheogen Review VI.3:13 (1997)
..i don't have time to try and access it online now..

pandelis
#39 Posted : 11/24/2012 7:48:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

any news?

that sounds simply amazing. gonna attempt as soon as possible, and excited about upcoming results of the others!

Dreamwalker
#40 Posted : 11/24/2012 10:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, I was just reading another thread on here about vaping DMT by saturating it in PEG-400 liquid and using the Joye Ecig.

Psilocybin seems to break down with heat. Does anyone know if its possible to extract mushrooms, saturate the extracted psilocybin into the PEG-400 fluid and vape it using the Joye Ecig?

Apparently it uses an atomizer. If there is no heat involved couldn't this possibly be a way to successfully vaporize the psilocybin without it breaking down?

Just a thought....

PREV123NEXT