We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT
Cybs Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek...Designed for newbies. Options

polmos
#121 Posted : 9/29/2013 9:35:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would the adding salt part work in a conventional A/B ACRB extraction (Not ATB) ?
And would i still have the same yield increase advantages if doing so ?

eg: Once water\acid boils are filtered off bark, combined & reduced.
Basify, then add saturated salt solution before pulling with naphtha.

Also could you be a bit more detailed
on how much salt one would use for extractions using
over 100g of bark, eg: grams of salt per grams of bark...

Thanks.

All questions i ask here are strictly theoretical.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreaMTripper
#122 Posted : 9/29/2013 11:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You also need to basify before you pull with np to convert the dmt in solution to a freebase.
Salt g/bark isnt too important just saturate 300ml or so and add to the sludge. Add more if theres an emulsion it gets rid of it nice and quick.
Adding salt can be done with all teks immediately before adding a base to potentially maximise yeild, wether that happens or not relies on you not spilling anything or missing steps.
Cybs maxion is a simple and effective tek if done on guaranteed active plant material and the steps are followed.

dooby
#123 Posted : 9/29/2013 12:17:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb,

You stated somewhere in this thread "acid pulls of upto 24 hrs"...
Why not longer?

Also, heat breaks down vinegar, so pH may change over time when applying warmth/heat to the acidic solution, but this shouldn't be too much of a problem as 99.98% of the dmt will be protonated at a pH of 5.2 (learned this from benzyme)?
It may influence the lysing of the cells though?

I am going to freeze/thaw extensively, perhaps even while in acidic solution, at -22° C as this seems to be the easiest, safest and most inconspicuous way to achieve cell lysis...(I can do this at home, time is not a factor here)

I am wondering what the effect would be of having a "cold" basic solution yet pulling with hot naphtha, shaking only once then pulling...using only small amounts of naphtha but doing many, many pulls? Somehow I think there could be a difference between having basic solution and solvent at the same temperature versus having as big as possible of a temperature difference between the two...

Also, maybe freezing dry or slightly moist powder then running it through a coffee grinder again while frozen?

As my friend has a lot of bark to process we will probably run a few extractions simultaneously, one will be the tek to the absolute t, others will have some parameters changed for comparative purposes...

PLUR
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

polmos
#124 Posted : 9/29/2013 5:22:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
You also need to basify before you pull with np to convert the dmt in solution to a freebase.
Salt g/bark isnt too important just saturate 300ml or so and add to the sludge. Add more if theres an emulsion it gets rid of it nice and quick.
Adding salt can be done with all teks immediately before adding a base to potentially maximise yeild, wether that happens or not relies on you not spilling anything or missing steps.
Cybs maxion is a simple and effective tek if done on guaranteed active plant material and the steps are followed.

Sorry, forgot to add basify step. (corrected)
thanks

cyb
#125 Posted : 9/29/2013 6:17:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

@Polmos...
What DreaMTripper states is correct.

dooby wrote:
You stated somewhere in this thread "acid pulls of upto 24 hrs"...
Why not longer?

No I stated that an acid 'soak' of upto 24hrs is good.
Beyond that seems to be overkill...the work is done.
(however you can soak as long as you like)

This tek is already a year old now and the MAX ION tek is a revision and covers the Freeze/Thaw and aqueous/solvent temperature differentials that you speak of.
(Room temp base soup and warm/hot Solvent would potentate the alkaloid transfer. Although equilibrium happens fairly rapidly.)

Also powdered bark is preferable as the surface area is greater and cell lysis can be complete. Especially if frozen while in acicdic solution.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

dooby
#126 Posted : 9/29/2013 9:05:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oops, yeah I meant "soaks", typed "pulls"...silly me

and I'll check out the max ion tek as well, hopefully it's as suited to noobs as the "old" tek...

and thanks a million Cyb for sharing your knowledge and wisdom...you're quite the inspiration/education...cheers!
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

polmos
#127 Posted : 10/2/2013 9:16:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any risk of distroying the dmt if too much salt is added ?

cyb
#128 Posted : 10/2/2013 9:28:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

polmos wrote:
Is there any risk of distroying the dmt if too much salt is added ?

Nope...
but don't add too much, it can be detrimental to the outcome.

polmos
#129 Posted : 10/2/2013 10:25:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok...

So how much would be recommended to add in a conventional A/B extraction, (from 1kg ACRB) ?
Eg: After Acid\Water boils are filtered, combined, reduced to say 1.5L & basified ?

ps, what exactly do you mean when you say detrimental ?

cheers.

cyb
#130 Posted : 10/2/2013 10:36:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polmos wrote:
So how much would be recommended to add in a conventional A/B extraction, (from 1kg ACRB) ?
Eg: After Acid\Water boils are filtered, combined, reduced to say 1.5L & basified ?

I would recommend that you start with small amounts of bark until you understand the extraction process. 1kg is huge.
If you must do such a large extract then perhaps 70g of salt in 1.5l.

DreaMTripper
#131 Posted : 10/2/2013 11:14:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you f*ck 1kg up youre going to have a large messy pain in the ass to clean up..

dmt_spider
#132 Posted : 10/4/2013 6:42:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

990mg from 50g of ACRB using this tek. Thumbs up

cyb
#133 Posted : 1/7/2014 12:44:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Decided to do a Heptane Wash on some old stock to brighten it up a bit.
A little Pr0nography for you all...Pleased

iracema
#134 Posted : 1/18/2014 11:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb, will it work if instead of a nps, one use ipa to pull the full range dmt from mhrb with your tek? I imagine the ionized water wont mix with ipa, forming a dual layer as with nps.

Red Eclipse
#135 Posted : 1/19/2014 12:55:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

iracema wrote:
Cyb, will it work if instead of a nps, one use ipa to pull the full range dmt from mhrb with your tek? I imagine the ionized water wont mix with ipa, forming a dual layer as with nps.

Water and IPA are miscible

voyaj
#136 Posted : 1/21/2014 3:43:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Cyb,

So I've been work with the Max Ion Tek and I have had much success yet usually I have not been getting straight "crystally" salt. Usually, I have been getting some goo, a lot of goo and some crystal.

I've kept working at because practice makes perfect. This last batch I made, I looked over my notes I noticed that the only thing I had done differently was on the initial freeze.

This time I got over 1 gram of nice looking white crystal with just a small portion seeming to have a little bit of goo. Really, not much at all. I'd say 2% of a little tannish sticky goo.

I was wondering, the only thing I did differently this time - after I powdered the bark I froze the bark in distilled water for one day. And then let thaw for one day for each of the three freezes. Do you find that that could make any difference in this regard?

Or do you think this all pertains the the form and concentration of alkaloids in the bark?

THANKS once again for being here and for your TEK!

cyb
#137 Posted : 1/21/2014 8:11:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

voyaj wrote:
Do you find that that could make any difference in this regard?
Or do you think this all pertains the the form and concentration of alkaloids in the bark

I don't think that extended freeze/thaws would make a difference. Once it's frozen...it's frozen.
If you are using ACRB, often times Goo is what you will get as, it seems, the NMT content prevents the crystal matrix from forming.

With MHRB a layer of clear, dense, sticky oil seems to drop out first with white fluff growing on top. Perhaps density plays a part in crystal formation.

All bark is not created equal and many factors are involved with regards to the alkaloid content. Without super strict experimentation on various batches of bark, it is very difficult to say why people see differences...just too many variables in play.

GreenDMT
#138 Posted : 1/21/2014 5:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woauuu
Thank you cyb for this tek, really nice to follow.
I've done this one last week, but I think i've done to much time pulling maybe 2-3 hours, and mix was really hot, btw 40-50 degree, the first poll was red, it could separate, maybe I rolled to much and impurities went to solvent, so i've done water washing, and the water instantly is milky, and a fat or I think spice could dissolve in solvent, stayed at the water solvent layer, and some x-tals on the layer of solvent was formed, the first poll was to saturated. next polls (all 4 polls I've done in 8 hours) in went yellow, now floating in the solvent in fridge. I think to recrystilise the floating spice after filtering.
So I'm thinking about new try, so I need to do one hour per poll, and how hot must be the mixture?
Peace

slugware
#139 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb, I have a question for you

I've been applying this tek 6 times so far with a pretty descent results, having in mind these are my first attempts at extraction.

I have a all-glass reaction bottle that i want to use from now on, to avoid base+aluminium reaction on my most used reaction vessel so far. Anyway, the problem with my second vessel is that its form isn't pretty handy for collencting nps pulls - it is wider at up to 3/4 of it's height and gets thinner at the top. I did one extraction in it too, but pulling was quite hard. It seemed to me then, that if i had more of the mimosa basified soup, solvent layer would be higher in the vessel, thus forming thicker layer to work with.

So my question is :

In your tek, you advise ending up with ~ 700 ml of liquid.

Is it possible to add some more water - let's say 150-200 ml , ending up at about 900 of mimosa soup. Having in mind i haven't changed anything else. I always work with 50 g bark, 30 g salt , 35-40 NaOH, and i dilute ~3 ml of 95% acetic acid in 260 ml water at the acidifying stage.

Would adding that much water change the pH of the solution (or) and affect the outcome in some other way?

Thanks a bunch for the great tek! Smile

cyb
#140 Posted : 2/26/2014 3:52:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ Yes just add more water to bring the solvent further up to the rim...it won't hurt.
The amount of acid and base shown in the tek is over exaggerated for those that don't have sophisticated pH equipment, so a little more water is fine.Thumbs up

The water is just a medium for the molecules to float around in while the reaction takes place (using acid/base pH levels).

Obviously too little water and the solution is sludgy and separation is very hard...too much water and the solution is too dilute...but there is a fair margin to work with

«PREV56789NEXT