We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Acacia Extraction Workspace Options

DreaMTripper
#81 Posted : 9/1/2013 1:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intrigued to see what you reveal! Too early to rule a non result yet I feel..

As to my freinds research my gut instinct is that its bufotenine it reminded me of the effects of smoking yopo seeds but with less bodyload.
Another theory is its 5ht or trypothan but I am unfamiliar with what the effects of smoking those chemicals are, the reason I think that is a) he may have destroyed any dmt when he attempted to freebase it with heat leaving just bufo and b) due to the calming anti-depressant effects felt however I know it is a side effect of many tryptamines and phenephylamines.
I will go around tommorow and see what his freeze precip produced so hopef
ully by late Tuesday we will at least know for sure whether its dmt or not! There is also a toluene evap under away..
It does raise the question as to whether acacia trees produce different alkaloids at different times?!!
For next experiment Im going to suggest to him he does seperate pulls at pH10 ,11 and 14 to see if anything can be isolated.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acacian
#82 Posted : 9/1/2013 11:35:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Intrigued to see what you reveal! Too early to rule a non result yet I feel..

As to my freinds research my gut instinct is that its bufotenine it reminded me of the effects of smoking yopo seeds but with less bodyload.
Another theory is its 5ht or trypothan but I am unfamiliar with what the effects of smoking those chemicals are, the reason I think that is a) he may have destroyed any dmt when he attempted to freebase it with heat leaving just bufo and b) due to the calming anti-depressant effects felt however I know it is a side effect of many tryptamines and phenephylamines.
I will go around tommorow and see what his freeze precip produced so hopef
ully by late Tuesday we will at least know for sure whether its dmt or not! T;here is also a toluene evap under away..
It does raise the question as to whether acacia trees produce different alkaloids at different times?!!
For next experiment Im going to suggest to him he does seperate pulls at pH10 ,11 and 14 to see if anything can be isolated.

dmt is pretty stable with the heat from freebasing.. in the past I've used up to 50g of lye and still gotten very good results-though I prefer not to use that much now, I use about 5-10g. how much extract did you use? not sure there's been a bufotenine finding in acacia before.. and yes some acacias do produce alkaloids at differen't times. seasonal variability is a big factor.. and probably the main factor to consider when testing mearnsii

DreaMTripper
#83 Posted : 9/2/2013 3:38:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It was the heat used in the pan when breaking the acetate bond he was concerned about. The basifying with water and lye wasnt a problem overbasing is fine in my opinion in fact its prefferable to make sure..
There was a report of a.mearnsii wit;h 5meo but my question raised was different alkaloids at different times eg bufo one time 5meo another and nn another..just speculating...
I smoked an unknown quantity but Im sure can rule out 5meo as I think was probably around 5mg in the papers and that would have launched me had it been 5meo..

acacian
#84 Posted : 9/2/2013 6:16:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm ok... 5mg dmt isn't much though and if thats rolled up in papers even if it were dmt the effects would be minimal (the taste fairly obvious though). have you or your friend tried a larger dose yet?

acacian
#85 Posted : 9/2/2013 8:02:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so I have a bit of good news myself which I am pleased to inform you guys of - that extract from post 87 does in fact contain dmt... perhaps in equal conjunction with another alkaloid/alkaloids as it feels heavier and much more drawn out than purer dmt extracts..the initial feeling after blowing out the vapor I imagine could be comparable to being sat on by an elephant. very heavy physically but pleasantly so in my own subjective opinion..

..as I recently posted I've been experimenting with this extract again after it has been sitting for a couple months, and the other day I had quite a deep (but not so visionary) experience - the bitterness of the extract I presumed meant it was another alkaloid and void of dmt..though there was a distinct tryptamine feeling to it- it wasn't until today though that the extract revealed its true power.. I now think that the bitterness may have been partly due to the extract being soaked onto the phyllodes which were allowed to dry out for too long

just then I had a larger dose which I took in consecutive breaths to allow me to hold the smoke/vapor in for longer and as soon as I blew out I entered a very profound and visionary space (not the level of a breakthrough but still very deep) typical of dmt. there is however something else in there which is altering the experience drastically and giving a very powerful bodyload (not neccesarily unpleasant but quite a force)

I have one hit left and I will fire it up later tonight...

when its drier I'll retest as it had rained prior to the last test

DreaMTripper
#86 Posted : 9/2/2013 8:44:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lucky you sounds a unique and interesting extract! Smile

I havent tried another dose but I saw him earlier and unfortunately our fear was confirmed that most of the mystery substance was destroyed due to prolonged stove heat used in the aborted attempt to freebase by way of evaporating off the acetic acid, and the rest was thrown away :/
However the freeze precip did yeild a very small amount of shiny white crystals.
Still an evap with toluene to reveal itself and some lessons in plant chemistry learned!

Update edit
Whatever this end result is it is not dmt it doesnt melt when heated it just stays a white crystal and gives off very little smell..,the mystery continues.
He still has some bark left for another attempt sometime so the mystery continues and I will hold off eating my shorts until a more efficient mistake free extraction is made Very happy

acacian
#87 Posted : 9/2/2013 9:10:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

damn.. probably would have been a good idea to keep it..oh well look forward to hearing how bioassay of crystals and toluene extract go. white crystals certainly sounds like a good sign..

DreaMTripper
#88 Posted : 9/2/2013 9:36:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The evaporation yielded a very thin layer of the same mystery white stuff, it wont vapourise with a normal lighter all it did is go from clear to white, and is now fireproof and doesnt smell, at all! Very odd, like somesort of hyperspace ectoplasm lol, clearly whatever was there had already been extracted...
Nevermind, see what happens next time when an efficient extraction is done with nothing thrown away and using toluene as the np, using sunflower oil is a possibility as is freebasing the salt by way of stove heat however the stove has to have accurate heat settings so as not to destroy anything.

DreaMTripper
#89 Posted : 9/21/2013 1:12:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone see any pitfalls in this approach..for an a.floribunda narrow leaf a couple of weeks after flowering. 80-100g

-Dry phyllodes in newspaper on a heater
- Powder phyllodes in a blender and manually grind into as finest powder as possible.
Spread over glass dish
-Add sodium carbonate and mix in thoroughly using excess sodium carbonate if neccessary.
-Slowly add water across dish and blend and nead into a paste with a spatula until no more reactions.
-Put dish on its side and dropper warm zippo prem over mixture.
-Collect and freeze precipitate

Would the sod.carb crystals precipitate and encase the dmt crystals before the zippo fluid has a chance to work?

DreaMTripper
#90 Posted : 9/21/2013 1:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

or possibly
-soak powdered phyllodes in 300ml limonene or toluene for a few hours agitating often
-add 3/4 pH 5 water shake hard then decant np after 10mins or so
-basify with super saturated sod.carb
- pull with 50ml zippo prem
freeze precip

Edit: this could be filtered after defatting and alks allowed to precipitate in sod.carb with naptha pull as backup incase it goes wrong..

acacian
#91 Posted : 9/22/2013 12:23:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the above should work, though you want to make sure that the phyllodes are ground enough for an stb.. sodium carb is not soluble in np solvent so it wont be in there unless you get some of the base mixture in

if you have limo, why not just use that for pulling the alks as well? it holds more and pulls more full spectrum - and 300ml seems excessive for a defat with floribunda phyllodes.. they won't have many oils in them so you probly don't need to defat at all

acacian
#92 Posted : 9/22/2013 6:17:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

don't worry about the chlorophyll.. it doesn't seem to get pulled by the solvent with acacia as it does with plants like psychotria for example. floribunda phyllodes in particular don't need a defatt. you could try toluene or xylene as well? it depends if your looking for just dmt or if your seeking acacia extract... the latter seems more preferable to me experience-wise, it just means the extract may come out as a goo or oil. personally I reckon its something people should think about when extracting from plants... as nen has so well pointed out, plant teachings often go a lot deeper than just dmt

I find standard a/b for acacia works very well...I usually just simmer the plant material a few times in acidic water, reducing the liquid, filter, make basic with NaOH and then pull with non polar solvent. if i have time on my hands I like to put the kettle on and pour boiling water over the phyllodes/bark in a rectangular dish and leave for 24 hrs.. but often I choose to do quicker experiments

also just thought I'd post the following experiment on the unidentified acacia I referred to on the previous page. this time it was in flower and unfortunately had started raining by the time we got out to the area- still, I am pleased to say it was a success and I jut bioassayed it before with great results.. same yellow oil once again - definite dmt presence as well as another alkaloid which gives a really heavy pulling and twisting feeling. I like how after the initial dmt rush levels off, it stays on a good deep level for the next hour or so.. process below:

Test 2:

Flowers in bloom this time around. Creamy white/lemon colouring. Was raining while material was collected. unknown how much rain the area received beforehand. Its presumed that the yield would be significantly increased had it not rained prior to extraction (which in both tests it had)

Phyllodes were oven dried at 60 degrees celcius for roughly 3 hrs. They were then ground into small pieces in a blender. the final weight of the dried phyllodes was 300g. the twigs and stems were not included in the weighing process but were added to the pot with the phyllodes and presumably added fairly significantly to the final yield (unmeasured.

a generous amount of water (a litre or over) was poured over the phyllodes and 2 lids of vinegar added. the material was simmered for about an hr and a half and then left to sit overnight before being poured off and fridge decanted the next morning.

A new lot of water was added, with just one cap of vinegar this time - it was boiled for roughly another hr before the water was poured off and fridge decanted in a new bottle. at this point, the previous boil was decanted from the sediment that now sat at the bottom of the bottle before being filtered once through a cotton bud. a final lot of water was added to the phyllodes and twigs and boiled for a couple hrs.

the three lots of liquid were reduced to 500ml and refiltered. 100ml xylene was then added. the xylene was mixed well and went a pale yellow colour. it was removed and kept in a separate jar.

10g NaOH was dissolved 100ml warm water and added to the solution. precipitates could be observed clouding in the solution immediately after adding the basic water. the solution was left to sit for half an hr

150ml toluene was added and mixed thoroughly for 10 minutes. a teaspoon of salt was then dissolved in 50ml hot water and added to the solution. the layers were allowed to separate and then mixed again. the process of allowing to separate and then swirling the flask was performed about 6 times, before the toluene was separated and evaporated in a circular pyrex dish.

The same yellow oil was obtained once again as well as successful bioassay - the strong visual effects of the dmt still only last about 5-7 minutes but the headspace and minor visual distortions still continue for some time afterwards.. it feels far from pure dmt.

once again as it was too difficult to scrape up, I decided to dissolve in acetone and evaporate over some phyllodes so I cannot give figures yield wise...i used the new growth, or "tops" for the blend as I find it less harsh on the lungs than mature phyllodes. I then mixed with some of the flowers, oven dried and ground to a fairly fine consistency.. this method is sort of left up to chance dosewise, as the weight of the oil is unknown- so don't do it this way unless you are prepared to take in an unexpectedly large dose..

DreaMTripper
#93 Posted : 9/22/2013 6:38:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, sounds good! Possibly betacarbolines and or n-oxide present providing greater longevity. Or even NMT..?
Im surprised that only 2 lids of vinegar was needed most teks use much more did you measure pH? If so what was it. I understand it wont be the true pH but gives an idea.

Yes as far as full spectrum extract V pure dmt I would say the former is prefferable however just dmt is always welcome. However I fully dial in to the notion of sampling everything that specific plant has to offer such as you would with p.torch for example..
So a STB on some old deadwood flori bark and the new twigs and branches could be combined and left for a few days then pulled with zippo while an A/B done and pulled with toluene for the phyllodes.

acacian
#94 Posted : 9/22/2013 8:42:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my ph metre is broken but I've always found roughly a tablespoon or 2 or vinegar gets the ph between 4-5..

yeah it would be cool to do tlc on it to find out what is altering the effects tonight - the taste is quite bitter which masks the dmt flavour too so I wonder whether maybe there's some phlenethylamine in there

yeah, just dmt is awesome too, I guess these days i'm a little more curious about the other alkaloids in the mix too, so I prefer doing full spectrum to retain the differing signature of each tree - but I understand thats not everybodies goal and just dmt can be much more clean feeling. look forward to hearing your results? I've managed to get alkaloids from some of the floribunda around melbourne.. most of them active but seemingly absent of dmt (at least in any visionary quantity) ..

DreaMTripper
#95 Posted : 9/22/2013 9:04:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok good to know and noted about pH his reader is also broken so the last experiment was obviously over acidified

acacian
#96 Posted : 9/22/2013 10:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i use a hair drier these days which means it can be done in like 20 mins.. i evap down until its a minimal amount of liquid and then let it naturally evap Smile

DreaMTripper
#97 Posted : 9/22/2013 10:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good idea.

DreaMTripper
#98 Posted : 9/25/2013 1:08:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A reported STB on old floribunda deadwood and fresh twigs has failed yeilding a big fat zero.

DreaMTripper
#99 Posted : 9/29/2013 12:14:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a.floribunda phyllode - narrow leaf var. harvested after flowering early spring - a couple of days after a rainfall

Reported tek

An acid simmer with vinegar was done x3, 45mins each. pH 5 solution.
Filtered then combined and simmered to 5-600ml
Based with lye to pH 12-14
Left to react
75ml of toluene added , jar shook up and left to settle, table salt used to clean emulsion.
np decanted off
Salted with roughly 30ml of pH 5 water/acetic acid solution
Np decanted and returned to main jar
vinegar/alkaloid solution evapped to 25ml
Poured into glass baking dish and sodium carbonate added , pH 11-12 reached.
Paste mixed up thoroughly.
Dried on oil heater and crushed up with a knife and the bottom of a glass.
Put in tumbler and acetone added. Acetone pipetted away.
To be evaporated.

DreaMTripper
#100 Posted : 9/30/2013 1:38:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What appears to be the result is a small.ammount of pale yellowy brown indole smelling oil.. and not much of it with still some acetone to evap off..

A pale brown stain has been left and more acetone added to the powdered mix as in stage 6 https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...B_-_The_Big_Leisurely_AB

«PREV34567NEXT»