We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Synchronicity increasing with DMT use? Options

Jerzeecanuck
#1 Posted : 8/8/2012 5:06:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have this feeling that synchronicity increases significantly after DMT use. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, does anyone have any theories why this happens?
"In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.” - Miyamoto Musashi

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

a1pha
#2 Posted : 8/8/2012 5:12:26 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Yup.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Vodsel
#3 Posted : 8/8/2012 5:40:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

It has happened to me. I'll tell a little story about it.

The funny bit is that it occurred when I was reading a book that is somewhat related to the DMT experiences. I have to say that I read about quite diverse topics, and that I am NOT a "synchronicity hunter". I tend to think more in terms of coincidences.

It was a week and a half or so after one of my first times smoking changa. My wife had finished a copy of Whitley Strieber's "Communion" (one of the major books about the abduction-night visitors phenomenon) and told me I would find it relevant and enjoyable, so I started reading it in my spare moments.

First, I had an extremely strong dejà vu sensation in one short paragraph. The author talked about the haitian zombies, and about the fugu fish, the reckless japanese delicacy, relating the effects of certain toxines to his topic in that chapter. As I was reading the paragraph, I was shocked at the exact correspondence of the contents of the sentence I was reading with something I had heard almost word by word a few days ago. "Who told me this exactly recently?" was the question. I thought a lot about it because I was puzzled, and couldn't find any answer. I had the clear sensation of an actual conversation but I concluded that no one in the last month could have told me about that. I do have good memory.

A few days after I sat in a terrace to have a coffee and I continued reading a bit. A woman walked by and caught my attention (a colorful summer dress I guess, nothing special) and made me think for some strange reason about an Arthur Koestler quote about women that I hadn't remembered since very long. The next second I turn the page and in the first paragraph the author quotes a play by Arthur Koestler.

That same week I anticipated twice unexpected phone calls within seconds from the ring.

DMT seems to act sometimes as a sensibilizer.

Jerzeecanuck
#4 Posted : 8/8/2012 6:04:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a good example!
A thought just came to me. What if sychronicity is the universe telling us that we are on the right path towards enlightenment?
For example, one person clapping to a beat isn't nearly as powerful as 1000 people clapping to a beat. The power of those 1000 people clapping creates an echo.
Now change the above example from clapping to using psychedelics, meditation, yoga, crystal therapy, isolation tanks, etc. The power of all these individuals simultaneously trying to ascend must be sending back "echos" from the universe, hyperspace, & beyond. These echos appear as synchronicity in the world we live in.

Just a thought that popped into my head. I don't claim to be an expert, scientist, or anything else but a guy trying to learn what he can. Any feedback is appreciated!
"In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.” - Miyamoto Musashi

SoulCrushingBass
#5 Posted : 8/8/2012 6:25:04 AM

Keeper of the spice

Definetly
Well, y'know, it's like this experience that I had was like, y'know, erm, it was kind of the most profound experience I've had in me life, like

Felnik
#6 Posted : 8/8/2012 1:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most definitely
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

smoalker
#7 Posted : 8/8/2012 1:49:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes , In fact I thinking about writing a thread about this topic just last night , I was going to write about how syncs with other nexians are much much more frequent during the periods when I am vaping .

Tokapelli
#8 Posted : 8/8/2012 6:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im not really experienced at all with spice, only smoked a few times. I have noticed an increase in "coincidences" in my life though with other teachers too. I wonder though if maybe these things were always happening, and if its not the frequency of syncornicities that has changed but my awareness of them instead. Maybe we are just learning how to notice things like that with the help of these teachers.

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 8/8/2012 7:04:02 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

nope-not at all.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jerzeecanuck
#10 Posted : 8/8/2012 8:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tokapelli wrote:
im not really experienced at all with spice, only smoked a few times. I have noticed an increase in "coincidences" in my life though with other teachers too. I wonder though if maybe these things were always happening, and if its not the frequency of syncornicities that has changed but my awareness of them instead. Maybe we are just learning how to notice things like that with the help of these teachers.

I noticed them before I ever took anything. Back then I thought it was coincidence or odd. But after taking the spice, not only have they become more frequent but its next to impossible to dismiss as dumb luck. Before it was like the spirit world was tapping me on the shoulder. After the spice its like they have the sirens & flashing lights on!

Seven
#11 Posted : 8/8/2012 8:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Happened to me as well.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

kaos.underwave
#12 Posted : 8/9/2012 2:42:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I often find that my trip inspired ideas appear on the nexus as trending topics...
Onwards and upwards

Hiyo Quicksilver
#13 Posted : 8/9/2012 3:38:22 AM

just some guy

Synchronicity is not really a thing... Everything is always in perfect sync. Always. Everything unfolds unto itself and as an integral part of its environment. Everything is always doing this at its own pace in the present moment, be it our relationships with others or spacetime itself. This is inescapable and part of the fundamental nature of our reality.

It's not that synchronicity increases, it is that the DMT experience opens us up to the fundamental nature of ourselves which is a true expression of this process, rather than the arbitrary restriction of it that the ego imposes upon our "normal" consciousness. This happens whether we know it or not, this is simply the nature of things.

Regardless... it is beautiful, it is wondrous and there are few things in life better than riding that wave and truly being in the unfolding.

Happy Trails,
Hg

Jerzeecanuck
#14 Posted : 8/9/2012 7:01:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:

It's not that synchronicity increases, it is that the DMT experience opens us up to the fundamental nature of ourselves which is a true expression of this process, rather than the arbitrary restriction of it that the ego imposes upon our "normal" consciousness. This happens whether we know it or not, this is simply the nature of things.

Like I mentioned in the above post. I've seen/experienced synchronicity even before taking the spice.

After taking it, the coincidence of events get so powerful, that people near me feel it and sometimes are in awe. Now if the spice only opened up my own "normal" consciousness to be aware of the synchronicities (or the unfolding of everything unto itself, as you mentioned) then why do others that did not take anything become aware of the events also?

Did my presence allow them to change their "normal" consciousness? If that's the case then the spice isn't just effecting my own brain but reality itself (but we can argue reality isn't real cuz its only in my head anyways.lol). Which brings me back to my original question... who else has experienced an increase in synchronicity after DMT use? Look in the above replies and there seems to be quite a few people that say so. This is enough validation for me to say synchronicity not only exists, but becomes more frequent & obvious after DMT use, and it can effect others with non-altered consciousnesses.

۩
#15 Posted : 8/9/2012 7:21:42 AM

Jerzeecanuck wrote:
Did my presence allow them to change their "normal" consciousness? If that's the case then the spice isn't just effecting my own brain but reality itself (but we can argue reality isn't real cuz its only in my head anyways.lol).

What if there was no "you" or "they" at all? What if consciousness didn't care whether or not you thought there was a separation between us, or even space and time at all?

It's just a paradoxical matter of how you look at it. You can run in circles, or you can minimalize. Anything that does not resemble synchronization is a dissonant illusion cast by the prism of the partitioned self.

Keep the window open and the recalibration is quantized.

Jerzeecanuck
#16 Posted : 8/9/2012 11:36:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Jerzeecanuck wrote:
Did my presence allow them to change their "normal" consciousness? If that's the case then the spice isn't just effecting my own brain but reality itself (but we can argue reality isn't real cuz its only in my head anyways.lol).

What if there was no "you" or "they" at all? What if consciousness didn't care whether or not you thought there was a separation between us, or even space and time at all?

It's just a paradoxical matter of how you look at it. You can run in circles, or you can minimalize. Anything that does not resemble synchronization is a dissonant illusion cast by the prism of the partitioned self.

Interesting point. I suppose the line I draw between myself and other living beings is just an illusion. But if I refer to myself as "We" all the time, we might end up wearing a white jacket in a padded room. lol.
But that makes alot of sense though. Each cell in my body works in sync because that is the natural order. Synchronization is the natural order of my body working with other beings to create the collective consciousness. More DMT breaks down the barriers of all which is not useful or necessary to the goal of absolute harmony. I think a light bulb just turned on. Big grin

majesticnature
#17 Posted : 8/10/2012 4:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is definetely a real thing even after using mushrooms. I Would like to think of it as smoothing out your energy so that you flow into synchronicities that are a representation of your true being.
All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#18 Posted : 8/11/2012 6:13:00 AM

just some guy

۩ wrote:

I remember this guy...

<3

Ringworm
#19 Posted : 8/11/2012 12:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

connections and links are all around you. We are too disconnected to notice them in our normal mindset. Tripping makes you realize the connections that are all around us.
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Guyomech
#20 Posted : 8/14/2012 4:50:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

A lot of great replies, I resonate with much of this.

Synchronicity is a fact of life. Everything is interconnected, so this truth is unavoidable. We tend to notice the more profound examples, psychedelics or not, but I do think that tripping can open up a greater awareness to our complex web of interconnections, making us more sensitive to seeing these patterns. I don't actually think of synchronicity as a magical or miraculous phenomenon, but as a mundane everyday fact. Of course we are interconnected. Therefore, of course we have deep patterns within these interconnections. Humans are pattern recognition machines... Thus, synchronicity.

12NEXT