We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa) Options

soulfood
#61 Posted : 5/18/2009 11:42:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Just DMT and Pau D'Arco eh?

May have to sample that.

I have no loose crystals at the moment but next time I do I shall give it a go.

I used a DMT:leaf - 1:1.5

Leaf mix consisted of 25% caapi. 15% Pau D'Arco and 10% Damiana.

I'm wondering now how much caapi is really necassary? By tradition I've been using mostly caapi, but I may start experimenting with less just to see how it effects the mix.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

smokeydaze
#62 Posted : 5/18/2009 11:43:37 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Ah yes, traditional is always good. But you need to experience this new age wisdom which consists of Pau D'Arco and DMT and nothing else, same ratio is fine. Glad you're getting into it though, be sure to correspond your findings.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

memo
#63 Posted : 5/18/2009 7:48:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pau D'Arco it is despite the fact that it "is having erotic orgasmic sex with your throat"! For some reason that vision makes me a little skittish! Smile
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

soulfood
#64 Posted : 5/18/2009 8:00:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
Ah yes, traditional is always good. But you need to experience this new age wisdom which consists of Pau D'Arco and DMT and nothing else, same ratio is fine. Glad you're getting into it though, be sure to correspond your findings.

Some kind vendor sent me a little Mimosa as a freebie with some cebil. May have to transfer the goods.

soulfood
#65 Posted : 5/19/2009 1:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well there are different benefits from different herbs.

A lot of MJ fans would highly disagree with you. But for the effect covered in this thread you're probably right.

I'm still very intrigued about smokeydaze's Pau D'Arco venture.

smokeydaze
#66 Posted : 5/19/2009 2:20:04 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

It could also mean DMT and Leaf mixed together, not necessarily Leafs mixed together.

I've been doing it for a while now and have been very content on the effects of individual leafs. By mixing the leafs you are just utilising and blending their different effects. Caapi is added to make it stronger and longer but doesn't have to be used. All the other leafs have their own attributes to how they shape the experience, experimenting with one leaf at a time allows for articulate knowledge of each leaf. It also allows the leaf to perform at it's fullest as apposed to having 3-4 other leafs in the blend all trying to have a say. Try using Caapi just by itself, I assure you'd be pleasantly surprised.

smokeydaze
#67 Posted : 5/19/2009 2:36:12 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

smokeydaze wrote:
Seems some experimentation with dissolving freebase Harmalas into the Acetone as well need to be done. Hmm Very happy

For those interested..

Coschi wrote:
Yeah I did it once but too oily. That was my bad though, the extracted harmalas I used were pretty dirty. It should work fine, but you just need to make sure the freebase harmalas are clean, like white clean, otherwise you'll end up with a foul tasting gunky mixture that's real hard on the lungs.

Drake
#68 Posted : 5/24/2009 12:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure if anyone has suggested to you Smokey but. Would be pretty handy to put a really basic description next to each herb.

E.g:

caapi leaves (less harsh)
finely shredded caapi vine (MAOI, calming)
Passion flower (mild MAOI, calming)
Mullein (lung healing herb, flavour)
Peppermint (soothing, anti inflammatory, anti nausea, flavour)

Would be pretty helpful to people who are just getting into Changa. And would make it easy for people to make a choice with what herbs to mix and match. But it was only a suggestion Confused . Maybe a list of some different combo suggestions as well? I am going with the above combo, minus the Caapi. If I am not deterred by Spices strong effects, I will be buying all the herbs on the list supplied in ya 1st post!

Adding the basic descriptions next to each herb, and different combos. Along with what effect, sead combo aims for (help to calm, smoke less harsh, better taste, better chance on being transported *insert dimension type here*) . I recon the topic should be a sticky then!

Should be one anyway.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

obliguhl
#69 Posted : 5/24/2009 2:06:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, a comparison would be nice. 2 more questions:

1.Does it matter what kind of solvent is used? Is 96% food grade ethylalcohol OK? Would IPA (unknown percentage) work as well as acetone? It's only important top get everything dissolved , right?

2.What about adding some menthol crystals to the mix, to make it even smoother?

smokeydaze
#70 Posted : 5/24/2009 2:17:56 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Drake wrote:
Not sure if anyone has suggested to you Smokey but. Would be pretty handy to put a really basic description next to each herb.

E.g:

caapi leaves (less harsh)
finely shredded caapi vine (MAOI, calming)
Passion flower (mild MAOI, calming)
Mullein (lung healing herb, flavour)
Peppermint (soothing, anti inflammatory, anti nausea, flavour)

Would be pretty helpful to people who are just getting into Changa. And would make it easy for people to make a choice with what herbs to mix and match. But it was only a suggestion Confused . Maybe a list of some different combo suggestions as well? I am going with the above combo, minus the Caapi. If I am not deterred by Spices strong effects, I will be buying all the herbs on the list supplied in ya 1st post!

Adding the basic descriptions next to each herb, and different combos. Along with what effect, sead combo aims for (help to calm, smoke less harsh, better taste, better chance on being transported *insert dimension type here*) . I recon the topic should be a sticky then!

Should be one anyway.

Yea good idea, I was thinking of doing that but like you said the only explanation is basic effects and that only really applies to a few + every herb is soothing after been infused. To actually explain how each leaf effects the experience is rather hard, which is why I simply suggested the 4 best leafs in my opinion - from there a new person can/should simply pick one of those for their first attempt. Once they have an appreciation and understanding of a few herbs they could then widen their scope and start looking into some less usual ones.

But I think you're right and some simple descriptions would come in handy.

However for beginners I think it's better to experiment with one herb at a time and then mix and match the leafs they liked best if they wished, as it's a bit subjective in terms of choice/preference. Different blends of leaf in a mix can create different atmospheres and be used for different reasons, but so can individual leafs. None the less though I'll post some blend brands and if anyone has any others they liked throw in some suggestions and we can start to form a list aimed towards the more experienced Changarians who are looking for something different.

obliguhl wrote:
1.Does it matter what kind of solvent is used? Is 96% food grade ethylalcohol OK? Would IPA (unknown percentage) work as well as acetone? It's only important top get everything dissolved , right?

2.What about adding some menthol crystals to the mix, to make it even smoother?

I'd assume 96% would work fine..

You could give it a go but you'd be surprised how smooth it is already.

obliguhl
#71 Posted : 5/24/2009 2:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it smoother than "the machine" or the machine water bong method? If so, how can it be smoother? In the end, my friend would have to inhale more smoke to obtain the same effect, right?

smokeydaze
#72 Posted : 5/24/2009 2:56:31 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I've never tried the machine but have heard of it's very smooth appeal and strength.

I'm not sure how to explain it but I've found changa one of the smoothest and most pleasing things to ever smoke, it's very distinct.

jamie
#73 Posted : 5/24/2009 4:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I use 99% iso and it works fine..I have used 70% and it worked as well..

Here's a mix my elf threw together a day ago..

.7 grams shredded cappi vine for mild moai and spirit
.5 grams salvia as the "opener"
240mg mimosa spirits, including the red spice
100mg chaliponga spirits
a pinch of homegrown lavander buds and chocolate peppermint for taste and relaxation and violet chakra activationVery happy

He has not tried it yet becasue he still has another batch he is working with, but soon.. he may still add some more light to it though.
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#74 Posted : 5/24/2009 5:26:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM also really likes adding salvia...you dont need much at all..but its like...she doesnt want to be left out..she wants to be involved...and when salvia wants to help...take that help!

also throwing in some bufotenine is wonderful...its the best way he has experienced it..

spice, bufotenine, salvia, caapi, passionflower, peppermint(mmmmmm), lavender, and some wild dagga for some fluffiness..

hes going to mess with the ratios a bit...he wants to add more bufotenine...and have less spice in one batch..

and he wants to put less bufo and more spice in another..

but the peppermint is extremely important..its not the same without it
it's a sound

obliguhl
#75 Posted : 5/24/2009 5:33:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest
#76 Posted : 5/24/2009 5:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

it kinda makes the smoke extremely transparent..like...it almost makes it feel like you arent smoking something...and the taste goes sooo well with dmt and bufotenine..its unbelievable...

peppermint is familiar to everyone as well..its comforting..and it really blends well with the spices...its wonderful

SWIM thinks is really one of the most important herbs in the mix..
it's a sound

obliguhl
#77 Posted : 5/24/2009 6:33:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds very interesting! How much peppermint do you add? This sounds like it could make paul d'arco even smoother....

WSaged
#78 Posted : 5/24/2009 6:46:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never made enhanced leaf before, but all the talk about it around here lately has got my interest peaked for sure!!

One question has always kicked around in my head though.
Doesn't a lot of the spice (as well as some of the leaf & the leaf's "characteristics") end up stuck to the bottom & sides of the dish you use to do this in?
I know you could scrape it off, but then you do0n't have all of the intended goods infused into the leaf...

I suppose after scraping any dried spice or leaf off the sides & bottom of your dish, you could dissolve it in as little solvent as possible (hopefully a small amount) & then sprinkle or drop it over the leaf. You could do this again & again, until nothing is stuck to the dish after all is dry.

Or is all that just not necessary?
Is this really not anything to be concerned with?

How do you fellas deal with this?

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infundibulum
#79 Posted : 5/24/2009 6:54:48 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM hears that a 1:1 spice to plant matter ratio is used for the enhanced lead trick. The method is basically to dissolve the spice in some fast-evaporating solvent and then mix the solvent/spice on the plant mass.

SWIM wonders how different is that from simply mixing thoroughly some spice powder with an equal amount of plant material and then smoking it.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jorkest
#80 Posted : 5/24/2009 10:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well here is an answer to your question..

SWIM ran out of his bufo and spice enhanced changa mix...salvia, passionflower, caapi, peppermint, lions tail, lavender..

so he took all of these herbs...took a pinch of each..he just kinda felt it out..and then he measured 8mg bufo, and a 'lump' of spice and sprinkled it onto the half way rolled 'joint'

it was very very nice..it tastes lovely to HIM...other people say they can only smell the spice in it..but he cant taste it when he smokes it...it worked just as well as infusing the herbs..it was just a bit harder to do..
it's a sound

«PREV23456NEXT»