We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV29303132NEXT
A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa) Options

tele
#601 Posted : 7/23/2011 9:13:08 PM
Explorer

When one is working with caapi leaves, is extract recommended?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#602 Posted : 7/23/2011 9:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
When one is working with caapi leaves, is extract recommended?

I believe that methanol is the best solvent for working with harmalas in general. You can find it in the auto dept. at Wal Mart as HEET. The yellow bottle is methanol and the red bottle is ISO. You want the yellow bottle.

If you want to make some 10x caapi, take 10g of powdered leaves and put them in a glass jar/container. Then fill the container with the HEET, enough to cover the leaves with plenty of extra on top.

Shake the hell out of it once a day for 30 days. Then filter and evaporate the solution onto 1g of fresh caapi leaves.

Once everything is evaporated, you can add spice to it at a 1:1 ratio.

Please keep in mind that the 1g of fresh caapi will now be more like 2g of 10x caapi since it soaked up all the extra alkaloids.

You could do a regular extraction on them but I don't have any first hand experience with it so I can't say for sure how it would turn out.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Dorge
#603 Posted : 7/23/2011 9:51:55 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Swim has used heet there are other chemicals in heet then methanol and swim won't use it again it doesn't Evap clean in swims experience.

Swim just uses everclear... Works fine every time...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

MelCat
#604 Posted : 7/23/2011 10:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I always try to do an IPA wash after I use HEET just to be on the safe side.

I should have mentioned in my previous post that methanol is toxic and needs to be fully evapp'd.

I've tried to find the MSDS sheet on heet with no luck. I'd really like to know what else they put in there.

Chopstick
#605 Posted : 7/27/2011 9:47:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Would using 91% IPA to evap the spice onto the desired herb be okay?

tele
#606 Posted : 7/27/2011 9:59:28 AM
Explorer

Does GVG vaporize all the spice out of the changa, or should one just smoke it?

And can one use good 40% vodka for making of changa? thanks

MelCat
#607 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:08:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chopstick wrote:
Would using 91% IPA to evap the spice onto the desired herb be okay?

Yup, spice dissolves just fine in IPA. That last 9% is usually just water (you might want to double check) so it will take a little longer to evap at the end.

I usually use a shotglass for the initial evap and once that mostly dries up, I'll move it to a baking dish to finish drying out the rest of the way. Just to make sure that all traces of the solvent are out of the herb.

Something to keep in mind as well... If harmalas aren't also infused to the leaf, it's not changa. It's just enhanced leaf. Harmalas are critical for changa.

MelCat
#608 Posted : 7/27/2011 10:12:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tele wrote:
Does GVG vaporize all the spice out of the changa, or should one just smoke it?

And can one use good 40% vodka for making of changa? thanks

It takes quite a few hits to get everything out of the GVG when using changa. I could be wrong here but I believe that the spice vaporizes a lot better than the harmalas do. So when you are finished vaping it's probably worth while to save it to smoke later in a mild changa joint or something.

I'm not sure if 40% vodka would suffice or not. If I were an ethanol guy I'd personally go with a higher proof like Everclear if you can get it.

ragabr
#609 Posted : 7/27/2011 2:06:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
I could be wrong here but I believe that the spice vaporizes a lot better than the harmalas do.

This is definitely SWIM's experience. Once she's done journeying on the spice, she'll cook the changa in the GVG and suddenly get a cloud of harmalas.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

ganjaman
#610 Posted : 9/14/2011 8:30:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried to find the MSDS sheet on heet with no luck. I'd really like to know what else they put in there.

I have found this:
http://www.bplite.com/vi...opic.php?f=38&t=1329
Hope this helps

MelCat
#611 Posted : 9/14/2011 10:46:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ganjaman wrote:

I have found this:
http://www.bplite.com/vi...opic.php?f=38&t=1329
Hope this helps

Yes, this does help a lot. Thank you very much.

Quote:
I wrote the company they sent the MSDS. The product is 99% pure methanol.

That's awesome. Iso-Heet used to be 99% isopropyl but they've recently started adding a fuel injector cleaner to it. It's pretty clearly labeled but I do not recommend the new stuff with the extra additives. I hope they don't change the regular heet.

great_blue
#612 Posted : 10/5/2011 6:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've just made my first changa mixture and tested a little bit out.. all i have to say is holy mother of (expletive deleted).

the last time i vaped spice I blacked out from too much I believe. So this time i went in a little too casually than i should have after my changa dried..

My Recipe (with help from others, thank you Smile )
about a 1:1.8 ratio if im correct.. (spice to herb)

prepared some menstruum (sp?) first. (thanks house)
soaked 10g powdered caapi in 100ml of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol just shy of a month. about 3.5 weeks. That was the base of my MAOI.

My herb mixture:
about 80% mullein, 10% lavender buds and 10% sage. Totaling about 8 or 9/10g

then weighed out .6g of spice. I used a glass about 2" in diameter so my leaf mixture would sit 5-10mm high like the tek instructed. took out the herbs, poured some of the IPA/caapi solution into the glass. volume about equal to the leaf mixture. then dissolved the spice, added back the herbs and slowly added more IPA, enough to cover the herbs well..

Then i set it under a fan and it was mostly dry in a couple hours.. that was last night. I got home from work around noon and it looked pretty dry with the fan off.. so i took a tiny pinch and loaded it into my bong.. i was just looking for threshold effects so i know that it worked.

well i mustve had more than enough lol.. almost immediately after clearing the bong and all the plant material i got a quicker than usual body rush, followed shortly by my carrier wave. and boy did all this happen quicker than usual.. it startled me a bit and i knew if i held in my hit any longer i was going to be somewhere i wasnt ready to be. so i exhaled only after about 5 seconds..

i did have some light visuals and my carpet morphing shapes.. and combined with the caapi it had slightly longer lasting effects.. but man was that so sudden and intense.. deep breathing seemed to enhance it also..

when some say thats the only way to fly i know why now.. no fiddling with crystals, weighing, not even a vape needed.. just pack and go..

I just wish i knew some experienced spice users that i could speak to in general (and in person. you guys are great though Wink ), but to my not surprise, the few people i mention it to have never heard of it or are either not close in friendship with.. so i am trying to learn as i go and teach when i can to those that are interested..

thanks for all the support nexus.. safe travels..
All posts by great_blue are fictitious in nature and for entertainment purposes only. In no way does the author condone or support illegal activity in any way shape or form, anytime or anywhere. If it's illegal, don't do it!

bigmack
#613 Posted : 12/7/2011 2:49:12 PM

Mack

not to pick a fight by any means, I just dont understand this whole dimissing of crystals. I personally think that changa is a million times better than any other smoking method, espeically since the awesome effect of harmalas and herbs general is synthesizing with the dmt experience.
However, Id just like to adress the fact that smoking dmt crystals is an extremely easy feat. Ive smoked it off tinfoil a thousand times with fantastic results
(although Ive begun as of lately to feel as if tinfoil is actually a huge disrespect to this powerful psychedelic by attaching such a nasty stigma to the experience, so ive ditched that idea).
Ill im saying here is I really dont understand why ppl are saying changa is by any means easier than smoking crystals. It certainly takes more effort to prepare.
I really believe that newbies should begin by experimenting solely with the crystals... and allow some time to develop a fuller understanding of the chemical and its power first before jumping into other methods of smoking.
It just seems to be like theres this giant array of negativity towards using the crystals as they are (in freebase) and I feel that it sometimes stirs people away from really giving it a go and giving it the time it deserves in experimentation too.
poor crystals, deserve appreciation too Sad
“The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit. To say yes to one instant is to say yes to all of existence.”

ragabr
#614 Posted : 12/7/2011 5:45:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bigmack wrote:
It certainly takes more effort to prepare.

You dissolve the crystals in acetone or IPA and put in leaves. While literally more effort, it's not really.

Maybe it's psychological, but the people SWIM has introduced to DMT had a much easier time getting technique down for changa that those who tried crystal.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

corpus callosum
#615 Posted : 12/7/2011 6:42:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

bigmack wrote:
However, Id just like to adress the fact that smoking dmt crystals is an extremely easy feat. Ive smoked it off tinfoil a thousand times with fantastic results
(although Ive begun as of lately to feel as if tinfoil is actually a huge disrespect to this powerful psychedelic by attaching such a nasty stigma to the experience, so ive ditched that ideaSad

As the regular attendees of the Nexus may have noticed (Very happy ), I can vouch for the effectiveness of chasing DMT on foil too!I dont attach any stigma too it, as for me its simply another ROA, but the GVG is a superior delivery device than the foil.Foil seems to work best, IME, with the results of Vovins tek-certainly more so than with full spectrum via BLAB.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

jdf121
#616 Posted : 7/11/2012 8:01:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I have all of the herbs I need to make various Changa blends, but right now I don't have any harmalas. Would it be a total waste to make a blend with just a few herbs and DMT? Or should I wait until I can get some harmalas extracted? It seems that changa would be a nice smoking method even without the MAOI.
I give food to the poor, and they call me a Saint. I ask why the poor have no food, and they call me a Communist..

Purges
#617 Posted : 7/11/2012 8:42:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jdf121 wrote:
So, I have all of the herbs I need to make various Changa blends, but right now I don't have any harmalas. Would it be a total waste to make a blend with just a few herbs and DMT? Or should I wait until I can get some harmalas extracted? It seems that changa would be a nice smoking method even without the MAOI.

Its called enhanced leaf if there is no MAOI... MAOI is essential for Changa. Enhanced leaf will produce a 'standard' DMT freebase experience.
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

jdf121
#618 Posted : 7/11/2012 10:51:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right, I guess what I am asking is - would making enhanced leaf help in the smoking of DMT? It seems that it could insulate and provide a substrate for the DMT.
I give food to the poor, and they call me a Saint. I ask why the poor have no food, and they call me a Communist..

anrchy
#619 Posted : 7/13/2012 2:14:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I've read that yes it makes it easier to handle and dose. Simply smoke it like weed.

My question is, is there loss in DMT when soaking in iso alcohol? The reason I ask is because I am getting really low and want to try and make a single dose of enhanced leaf. So if I took some mullien and dream herb and enhanced a small amount of it with a single dose of DMT, like say 25mg, would this be a bad idea or has anyone tried it?

I want to try it with some calea and mullien. I have 99% isopropyl alcohol
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

3rdI
#620 Posted : 7/13/2012 10:43:41 AM

veni, vidi, spici

You don't loose much when you infuse leaf but I'm not sure it would be worth doing for a single serving.

Might be worth waiting til you have a little more DMT.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

«PREV29303132NEXT