We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Yellow goo. Wont crystallize Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:04:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The visuals are about the same. It somehow feels softer, not as jolting. It doesn't have as much mental effects as normal DMT has.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Delta-9-THC
#22 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:26:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im pretty sure I have the N-oxide because that is exactly what happened I left a blowdryer blowing hot air right into the solvent making it swirl around. This evaporated 450ml naphtha completely in about an hour and I was left with the yellow goo. It slowly crystallized but was still very oily.

I couldn't really leave it out for 5 days for certain reasons. I left my last pull in the freezer thought so hopefully that precipitates some crystals. Instead of leaving it out I ended up scraping it all up. The strange thing is how much it weighs: ~2.4g from 150g mhrb. That means there must be alot of junk in there. It is a pretty dark yellow. I figure, worst case scenario is I have to mix it with some cannabis, Problem is I don't have and grain alcohol or anything.

I smoked a pretty small blob of it and had a very nice experience so i'm not really complaining. My main worry is that there is some naphtha hidden in there. I kinda doubt it though because I left it out for at least 48 hours after I took the fan off the goo. Pretty much everything was crystallized but when I scrapped it up it was still a sticky mushy gum like substance. In my previous 50g batches I did the same thing though and I had crystals in a few hours. I have a feeling I also got the end of the vendors batch because they told me that they had 5 kg in the way when I ordered. Old MHRB is supposed to have more n-oxide apparently.

It tasted fine and was not harsh at all out of the vapor genie and the effect where pretty nice. The real problem is dosing it. I just wanna know if it's safe. How would I know if there is residual naphtha?

smokeydaze
#23 Posted : 2/10/2009 12:26:05 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

A good trick to make the goo a bit more workable is to spread it out on a plate then put in the freezer for a while, when you take it out it should be solid.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Delta-9-THC
#24 Posted : 2/10/2009 2:42:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you think is in it that gave me such a a high yield? 2.4g from 150g is way too much to be even close to pure. I suppose I got a lot of fats and oils in there. Maybe even 50% is other junk I'm estimating. I was expecting a yield of about 1.2-1.5 grams. My main worry is that there is naphtha mixed in.If there is it is probably a very small amount. Is there anyway I can tell? What would the effects of smoking naphtha be?

ChemEng
#25 Posted : 2/10/2009 3:28:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If there were still naphtha in there, a solvent smell would be present. It evaporates fairly quickly (assuming a sufficient surface area is exposed to air - i.e., no large chunks of spice that might be trapping naphtha inside). I believe I made the mistake of vaping a small amount of stuff that had not completely dried of naphtha, and the difference was quite noticeable - there was an added feeling of fatigue or drowsiness. If you want to be sure, spread the stuff out on a plate as smokeydaze suggested, which would give it maximum surface area for evaporation. If it's already been spread out like that for a decent amount of time, the naphtha is probably gone.

Delta-9-THC
#26 Posted : 2/10/2009 1:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No smell and the smoke was surprisingly smooth for how many impurities must be in there. I had it spread out for over 2 days and after about a day it got about as dry as it was gonna get it seems.

DMTerrestrial
#27 Posted : 12/14/2011 12:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the last post was in 2009 but I thought this is still useful information to post in this thread. I also had a 2.5g yield on 150g MHRB. I was confused about this and also thought it was half impure. I was kinda shocked to find out that these yields are more common than we may think. Here is a link to elaborate on the subject.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=27897
I can think of nothing more important for the survival of our species and those we live with then for us all to have access to the psychedelic experience.

nen888
#28 Posted : 12/14/2011 1:07:28 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..'impurities' is an interesting term used earlier..i have seen no evidence or analysis of 'plant oils' in MHRB, though there could be..
the popular theories for the oil are either DMT-N-Oxide, or NMT..

endlessness
#29 Posted : 12/14/2011 10:13:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey nen888, if I may correct you, there is certainly signs of "plant oils" (fatty and organic acids) in MHRB, you can check burnt's analysis here:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10553

I think there is less sign of n-oxide existing though, I have never once seen any chromatographic analysis showing DMT N-oxide in mimosa or extraction results. It would be very easy to make n-oxide with hydrogen peroxide and then compare in TLC with some yellow oil/dmt/mimosa to see if there's any, and from al the people that tried it, Ive never seen it. So I would think most times the yellow is fatty acids and NMT, but there is still the possibility, I guess, of some n-oxide.

Also this thread is relevant:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715

Electric Kool-Aid
#30 Posted : 5/1/2012 5:09:10 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Lets bring back this thread! Happy May 1st 2012!! Gosh a month since the April 1st RC Nexus fools mayham!

I was just cleaning out my precip containers and had to deal with the goo (an oily looking substance). .. I was thinking what the heck should I do with this? So I scraped it up with a razer and it sat on the razer like honey oil. This stuff was a beautiful yellow, like the golden sun shining on a romantic sunset. So here I have it sitting on the razer and dont know where to put it. So I turned the blade virtical and let it drip on a bed of mint leaves. I have yet to try it, but for some reason I think this will be good stuff! There is no solvent contaminent because this stuff was sitting for months now and it smells like DMT. Its the golden nector of the mimosa. Smile

Anyone else tried the mimosa honey oil? I know there was a posting somewhere in here where someone liked it and produced it as a type of DMT smokeable.
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

jerkjake
#31 Posted : 7/30/2014 1:02:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello.

my situation kinda looks like this situation.

would you guys help me out please?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=58023

-jake

PREV12