We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Theobroma Cacao 25x Options

Delta-9-THC
#1 Posted : 2/6/2009 2:29:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I read on here that Theobromine potentiates DMT. How does it alter/increase effects? Any idea how much of this is should take? I have 30 grams of the 25x extract. Smells nice and has noticeable effects at ~3+ grams. Mood lift and slight stimulation. Any ideas?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 2/6/2009 2:43:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

be VERY careful about how much dmt you take with it...SWIM took 300mg of 99.5% pure theobromine..with 50mg of THH and 20mg of bufotenine...nothing spectacular happened...so SWIM thought he would finish off the night with some pharmahuasca...he had forgotten about the theobromine...so he took 95 mg of thh hcl...40mg harmaline..and 55mg dmt fumarate..

well its been said that theobromine taken before oral dmt increases its effects by 3-5 times..and its also said it increases harmala alkaloids by 2-3 times...and its also said the larger doses of THH potentiate dmt...

so first the theobromine increased the potency of the dmt up to possibly 300mg...and it increased the THH to possibly 300mg and the harmaline to 120mg...now at 200mg..THH potentiates dmt...so the increase in the THH..increased the potency of the DMT...but the DMT was already potentiated by the theobromine..and thats not even counting the harmaline...so everything kept potentiating everything else...

needless to say ...it was the MOST intense experience SWIM has ever had to make it through...he even tried puking out anything left over in his belly once he realized what he did...

he started tripping harder than he ever has(even smoked dmt) as soon as the brew had hit his stomach..he lost all that he was..he couldnt remember anything..it took about 3 hours of staying calm..and collected...to put his life back together...remembering everything..like breathing..and night and day..girlfriends..and sex...it was intense and scary at the beginning..but he kept a level head and made it through..

so when combining theobromine with oral dmt and harmala alkaloids...make SURE you figure out what the dose will turn into once everything kicks in..because..its not always nice going farther than you think could be safe...
it's a sound

Delta-9-THC
#3 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:00:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. I have never done any of the huascas. I was more wondering about smoked DMT.

I guess I will just take enough to feel it, then smoke a small dose like 10mg to gauge how much it potentiates it.

Maybe I should just wait till I am a little more experienced with DMT to try and potentiate it. I have only smoked spice about 10x.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:12:25 AM

Teotzlcoatl

It's sounds like you have 22% full specturm extract... it's REALLY nice stuff!

The full specturm of compounds is much more "interesting" than the isolated theobromine.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 2/6/2009 3:17:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i think i remember somebody saying that oral theobromine with smoked dmt actually reduced the visual effects...but everyone is different..and a full spectrum extract may just happen to do something completely different
it's a sound

Delta-9-THC
#6 Posted : 2/7/2009 7:57:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What exactly is the mechanism of action that causes the potentiation? How was it discovered that it potentiates DMT.

Nanaki
#7 Posted : 2/8/2009 1:09:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A couple on here have verified, including SWIM that oral theobromine weakens smoked DMT.

When taken orally, theo AFAIK potentiates THH (or any harmala alkaloid) which then potentiates the DMT (freebase or fumarate or other salt form).

SWIM will be doing pharmahuasca tomorrow morning using this recipe. Except he will drink it down in liquid rather than capsules. He won't be using theo yet until he knows what to expect without it:

"With the fumarate, you can make pre-measured pharmahuasca capsules each with 45 mg DMT fumarate, 45 mg THH, 55 mg harmine, and 5 mg harmaline. This would produce an effect identical to authentic ayahusca without all the nausea of ingesting the plant."
Nanaki, of course is a fictional video game character. He never does drugs that would alter consciousness. He only thinks he does.

Linga Sarira
#8 Posted : 2/9/2009 7:56:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have taken Cacao + Pharmauasca and yes it does indeed increase both the intensity and length of the voyage.

I ate about 3 grams of cacao nibs which would have contained maybe 30 mg's thebromine and then took 3 grams syrian rue + 50 mgs of DMT and was tripping for a full day with after effects, buzzing, small tracer visuals and ringing warm vibes and such for at least another full day.

It was a difficult jouney which at the time seemed to last forever but never once lost my nerves or head and at the end of it felt absolutely rebirthed! Smile

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 2/9/2009 3:34:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It was a difficult jouney which at the time seemed to last forever but never once lost my nerves or head and at the end of it felt absolutely rebirthed! Smile

exactly!!
it's a sound

Linga Sarira
#10 Posted : 2/13/2009 11:02:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had only taken DMT orally once about a week earlier and it was basically the same dose without the Cacao which lasted your typical 6-8hrs but was not very visual but heavy on my body with plenty of purging and mental/ emotional tripping, going through events, analysing life altering decisions, examining my relationships, friends family etc.

I had the idea to try cacao as id seen nibs in my local health food store and had read about jorkest's experience but did alot of searching on the net 1st as to try and get a better experience with the right dose. I had to guess how much theobromine would be in the nibs and found some information somewhere that told me it would be about 1% per gram in cacao nibs and went with that.

I started with the nibs, just ate them raw 3 grams they tasted very bitter and were quite difficult to get down, maybe grinding them up into caps would be easier. I then waited about 10 mins as you know coffee + chocolate doesnt take long to effect you, i felt the cacao stimulation almost immediately then downed the Syrian Rue in caps, just seeds i grinded down in m little coffe grinder. I then waited maybe 20 mins and took the pure white DMT in a cap.

Everything seemed supercharged, I went and layed down on my couch and within minutes felt the vibration and energy enfolding my body, then my consciousness. The "coming on" feeling was very intense but enjoyable sort of like being strapped to a rocket heading for hyperspace, this went on for an hour in which the feeling of needing to get up to purge crept on. I held off until i just had to and getting up from the couch was a exercise in remembering what gravity is and how to counter it with my limbs, i think i crawled to the bathroom, which thankfully is only few meters away.

After violent purging i somehow made it to my bed (it was closer than the couch) and held still through the next wave. The waves were deep and profound each one coming on and climaxing in more violent purging. There couldve been maybe up to 6 or 7 waves and purging sessions. At the peak i recall a huge panoramic vision of a million eyed buddha like entity which ecompassed a vast space and pervaded every pixel of my perception, it was truly awesome and mystical.

The whole journey was all about healing, I declared my respect and thanked the dmt for the experience and went through the spectrum of emotions and had several tearful moments.

Its not something ill be doing any time soon but definately will again when it "feels" right.

El Ka Bong
#11 Posted : 2/14/2009 8:05:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ooops ! you actually ate the rue seed .>!? Always make an extract! NEVER eat Syrian Rue seeds, unless you like to puke... every milli-grain back out !!

I did that too, once .. ! I was thinking I'd be ready for it ... !Holey moley did I retch ! The seed coats apparently contain many other alkaloids ... 'abortifactient' ones ... and as I then mused 'puke-ifacient' ones too. !

50 mg of dmt ... and you tripped all day .>!? wow !

Hershey's Cacao is something like 105mg theobromine per tablespoon (5g). And so I drink alot - an estimated 200-300 mg of theobromine in about 3 heaping tablespoons in a mug of hot milk, sweetened by stevia (Chicolin brand oligosaccharides)... Perhaps I need more data to disprove the placebo effect (hot, sweet cacao makes you happy !), but 5 minutes after that, smoking a dmt-mj mix until breakthrough seems to make the entry-part have longer, 'warmer' veils, and the come down is also more 'luscious' .. if that makes sense . The Hyperspace part is always .. inexplicable ... but I met the 'star-children' in their star-craft with cacoa ... my first 'alien spacecraft' or 'alien-abduction' type experience ... And since then I've been quite 'proud' of my own 'star-child' inheritance ... Cacao, or chocolate and dmt just mix perfetly !

polytrip
#12 Posted : 2/14/2009 1:26:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Theobromin inhibits the enzymes that break down cAMP transmitters, wich is, as i understand it some sort of a 'brain-echo'-system. Just as echo's make sounds seem louder, this 'brain-echo' makes brain signals seem louder. Therefore it's supposed to increase DMT's effects. Cocoa also contains other substances that may have a slight MAOI effect.

WSaged
#13 Posted : 2/14/2009 6:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
ElKaBong: ...And so I drink alot - an estimated 200-300 mg of theobromine in about 3 heaping tablespoons in a mug of hot milk.... but 5 minutes after that, smoking a dmt-mj mix until breakthrough seems to make the entry-part have longer, 'warmer' veils, and the come down is also more 'luscious' .. if that makes sense

Quote:
Dagger: The only problem with that is that it does not seem to potentiate smoked dmt, while oral dmt is potentiated.

It seems DMT's effects being potentiated by theobromine is different from person to person & whether its smoked or ingested. Not just with these two examples either but throughout most of what I've read here & elsewhere, the opinion wavers from post to post.

I received a sm/med size sample of theobromine (cacao) with an order from Maya a while back that I've been adding to certain foods & snacks for a little while now. I've not put 3 heaping tablespoons of it into anything but I'll add like a 1/2 a tablespoon to a cup of yogurt, or something like that. I've been doing this a couple of times a day now for about 2-3 weeks.
I've really been digging the anti-depressive effects & the alertness/awareness it provides, like a small cup of coffee, without the jitters or caffeine crash.
I like it because it's nice & in the background, It's definitely not enough to make me feel high, it's effects are more subtle than that. Its more like a good day, or at least a good attitude towards things, which I don't always have when life starts piling up.
I'll be purchasing more with my next Maya order!

I am wondering though, if my adding a small amount of theobromine to my daily diet, will positively or negatively effect my next smoked DMT experience. Which will be within the next few days, I've just finished a new extraction & I'm waiting for the right time to sample it.
(also just got a new Vaporgenie, so I'm excited to try that too!)

Does anyone know how long theobromine stays in the body?
If the Cacao has a negative effect on smoked DMT for me, how long will I need to stop adding it to my diet, in order to clear it out of my system, when I've been eating a small amount with food, everyday for 2-3 weeks?

Haven't been around here much for a few months (our world just gets in the way of life sometimes, ya know), its amazing how much has changed/progressed/multiplied etc..., within this tiny subculture in just that short time!!
So many new members too!!

Cheers!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

polytrip
#14 Posted : 2/14/2009 9:47:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Dagger wrote:
Quote:
Just as echo's make sounds seem louder, this 'brain-echo' makes brain signals seem louder. Therefore it's supposed to increase DMT's effects.

The only problem with that is that it does not seem to potentiate smoked dmt, while oral dmt is potentiated.

The lord works in mysterious ways.

sentient
#15 Posted : 2/22/2009 6:58:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
be VERY careful about how much dmt you take with it...SWIM took 300mg of 99.5% pure theobromine..with 50mg of THH and 20mg of bufotenine...nothing spectacular happened...so SWIM thought he would finish off the night with some pharmahuasca...he had forgotten about the theobromine...so he took 95 mg of thh hcl...40mg harmaline..and 55mg dmt fumarate..

well its been said that theobromine taken before oral dmt increases its effects by 3-5 times..and its also said it increases harmala alkaloids by 2-3 times...and its also said the larger doses of THH potentiate dmt...

so first the theobromine increased the potency of the dmt up to possibly 300mg...and it increased the THH to possibly 300mg and the harmaline to 120mg...now at 200mg..THH potentiates dmt...so the increase in the THH..increased the potency of the DMT...but the DMT was already potentiated by the theobromine..and thats not even counting the harmaline...so everything kept potentiating everything else...

needless to say ...it was the MOST intense experience SWIM has ever had to make it through...he even tried puking out anything left over in his belly once he realized what he did...

he started tripping harder than he ever has(even smoked dmt) as soon as the brew had hit his stomach..he lost all that he was..he couldnt remember anything..it took about 3 hours of staying calm..and collected...to put his life back together...remembering everything..like breathing..and night and day..girlfriends..and sex...it was intense and scary at the beginning..but he kept a level head and made it through..

so when combining theobromine with oral dmt and harmala alkaloids...make SURE you figure out what the dose will turn into once everything kicks in..because..its not always nice going farther than you think could be safe...

Dude.... your a soldier. My god!!
I am in fact a compulsive liar. Anything I say should be regarded as delusional ramblings, and are 100% fictional.

Barmaley
#16 Posted : 6/8/2009 5:25:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"The lord works in mysterious ways." lol
My dog loves pharmahuasca, even though she only did it twice, with the second time being just indescribably amazing. My dog learned the ways of mouse and keyboard and ordered what is supposed to be %99 pure theobromine. So really, how much should that 150lb theobromine immune dog take of the stuff? would 500mg be 'good'?
PS Syrian Rue extract in a cap is soo much better than doing whatever it is everyone did when they first aquired rue seeds. Seriously, wishes she didn't have to go through the discomfort of straight syrian rue. Endless' harmala pictorial is great.