We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Community Project: DMT, Psycehdelic Hyperspace themed video game Options

Dmtinovator
#21 Posted : 8/3/2012 8:34:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Alrighty, I'm listening. I'm ine, I've been thinking of this for a long time now. But with other psychedelics as well.

So let's talk this out sometime. I can do any and all types of concept art.

I currently have an unmarketable comic book, dealing with these same topics. But I love drawing the effects of psychedelics.
I also have an invention that you may find interesting. I will post it very soon.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cosmic_Reality
#22 Posted : 8/3/2012 10:18:37 PM

***Colony Wars***

Dmtinovator wrote:
Alrighty, I'm listening. I'm ine, I've been thinking of this for a long time now. But with other psychedelics as well.

So let's talk this out sometime. I can do any and all types of concept art.

I currently have an unmarketable comic book, dealing with these same topics. But I love drawing the effects of psychedelics.
I also have an invention that you may find interesting. I will post it very soon.

Great! I think the world will be fractal based for the most part. Im also split on what the main character will look at.
If you check out Hyperspace Lexicon, they have a lot of different entities that we can use in the game, but I havent been to hyperspace yet, but if your interested you can draw up some characters if you want. Smile Im glad your on board.
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

a1pha
#23 Posted : 8/12/2012 11:02:05 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Any update on this, Cosmic_Reality?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

SIMBA8Knowledge
#24 Posted : 8/15/2012 10:26:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to contribute a scene from a vision of mine; beautiful warning signs.

This experience was like riding along a dark road and at intervals along the road there would be signs that were warning that the only thing further ahead was death. I began to get a little anxious because the message this vision was giving me was about death, but as I passed each sign they were so beautiful and intrinsically detailed that I had to keep going to see the next. When the trip ended the lesson I took from this was that had I let fear stop me I would have missed such beauty.

If something like that was incorporated in a video game I feel it would really give people and idea what smoking DMT is like, scary and then amazing.

pierrot
#25 Posted : 8/16/2012 5:21:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a really awesome idea... I like the thought of puzzles moreso than sidescrolling/collecting coins etc.

My friend and I work in Blender 3D so we may be of some use. I just started working with DAZ but I need a faster computer Razz

Another idea that would probably be more suitable to app structure (i know a bit about android sdk) is vector or pixel sprites in Flash, though you lose the third dimension.

Cosmic_Reality
#26 Posted : 8/19/2012 11:53:24 PM

***Colony Wars***

pierrot wrote:
This is a really awesome idea... I like the thought of puzzles moreso than sidescrolling/collecting coins etc.

My friend and I work in Blender 3D so we may be of some use. I just started working with DAZ but I need a faster computer Razz

Another idea that would probably be more suitable to app structure (i know a bit about android sdk) is vector or pixel sprites in Flash, though you lose the third dimension.

I like Daz studio! Smile Are your skills of Android SDK good enough to create the architecture? I'm personally better at the 3d modeling aspect...What I want to do is use Maya 2012 to create the world. And I plan on using another program to create fractals.

I need some more volunteers lol. But instead of creating the code from scratch, the best thing to do is to find an existing app source code. No need to reinvent the wheel. So do you think you can find a few source codes that make work?

Muskogee Herbman
#27 Posted : 8/20/2012 1:11:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This sounds dope! I'm an architecture student, I'm bout to start classes on 3d rendering, I know a little on 3dsmax but its been years since I've toyed with it. I'd still love to help, designing alien architecture or whatever. I'm also skilled in painting and drawing
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Cosmic_Reality
#28 Posted : 9/2/2012 11:15:37 PM

***Colony Wars***

Muskogee Herbman, thank you for interest! Smile Any help is most appreciated

sphits
#29 Posted : 9/4/2012 3:02:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello! This sounds awesome!

I would love to participate
i have been schooled on creating game audio and using a game engine to apply it. My experience though is in music production, I can provide a wide array of stylised sounds and musical compositions.

Check out

www.sphits.com

for some demos and info

LED
#30 Posted : 9/21/2012 3:47:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
This is an AWESOME idea! I think the Hyperspace Lexicon contains all the characters and some other items that could be used.

I think an action adventure would be perfect. A sidescroll action adventure game. Kind of like castle crashers. The game could start out that your chillin in your room, getting ready to take a breakthrough dose your first time, you take the hit and BAM your in hyperspace. A fairy comes up to you and welcomes you to hyperspace but theres a problem! OPTI has taken over and is trying to shutdown the hyperspace elevator! You have to find certain hyperspace friends to help you in counteracting OPTI's plans.

Also, you have a hyperspace bar that is contantly running out over time, 1 end is hyperspace the other end is BASELINE. If you reach baseline you leave hyperspace and cannot help your hyperspace friends! You have to search for different ayahuasca ingredients to complete an ayahuasca brew. When you "collect" all the ingredients it increases your hyperspace meter.

You could make it so that OPTI is being controlled by a hyperspace monkey bent on entering the earth realm. Wanting to use the hyperspace elevator for his own purposes. The worlds you travel in can be ever moving fractals and geometric shapes and stuff like that.

TOOL's third eye symbol could be like "coins" that you collect throughout your journey's and you have to find them all to "open your third eye" which helps you defeat the rainbow monkey.

Just an idea... also please make this sticky
I actually like your idea for a castle crashers style of game. I think that would be awesome.

DamiasOfEgypt
#31 Posted : 11/11/2012 5:12:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that this is a cool idea and if you need help im experianced in Unity3D, a great software system capable of very stunning graphic and as a kicker its free. Someone with your background will probably excel using this software. You should check it out and tell me how it is.

slewb
#32 Posted : 11/19/2012 9:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experience in 3D Studio if you need any help with modelling.

still seeking
#33 Posted : 11/25/2012 3:55:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

doors,comes quickly to mind.
you have a central character that stumbles on doors.
with each door it will take him/her to the past ,present or future.
within each scenario the character must unlock puzzles to open the next door.
the door that opens no one know where it leads too.
it could be a puzzle location,or a fighting for your life scenario.
the end game is to get back where you began.

Jorkest
#34 Posted : 11/25/2012 4:14:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you should also check out the MIT game they made to show what getting closer to the speed of light would look
it's a sound

EssCee
#35 Posted : 5/13/2016 5:54:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unity is free now.. once in C# port to 40 platforms.
Pretty easy to find devs and in the end C# is used In a lot of places for business.
Everything I say here is a work of spiritual fiction.

Gonzukes
#36 Posted : 5/20/2016 8:48:21 AM

Diviner of Sound

I just had an interesting story for a very trippy game.

You're a hyperspacial entity, and you have to navigate around a very beautiful, well, hyperspace (obviously interpreted down into a 3D game world)

Basically the entire reality is kind of connected as a whole, but each individual has separate perspectives obvs. Your part in it is some kind of trickster entity. So basically what happens, is you have to fiddle around with being visiting hyperspace in interesting manners. After they have left hyperspace, you're judged by god.

It'd probably have to be a somewhat linear game, because the storyline behind it would essentially conclude to the purpose that you have is as a virtual game, and your underlying goal was to break into the human reality via imprinting information into the players head, who is actually the trickster entity, and they were controlling it the entire time, and then some trippy stuff happens to conclude the game. Basically find a way for script to make it seem as through the trickster has uploaded itself into the players mind kinda thing.

EDIT:

Also, if anyone ends up actually working on a game, it's been a long time hobby and passion of mine to design sounds and make music. With that being said I can also easily make some very trippy music, as that's my favorite kind to work on Very happy

So if anyone needs an audio engineer, I can probably figure out how to make many different songs needed (ex. some kind of carrier wave, the crumpling of a bread wrapper Pleased etc)

I also have an HD portable audio recorder, so if you need things like footsteps, birds, etc. I got that too!

Gonzukes
#37 Posted : 5/20/2016 8:57:34 AM

Diviner of Sound

still seeking wrote:
doors,comes quickly to mind.
you have a central character that stumbles on doors.
with each door it will take him/her to the past ,present or future.
within each scenario the character must unlock puzzles to open the next door.
the door that opens no one know where it leads too.
it could be a puzzle location,or a fighting for your life scenario.
the end game is to get back where you began.

Love this idea too, make each scenario separated by a series of doors.

Also, the start of the game could begin with someone taking his 1st hit, his consciousness it then transferred to this game world, and the game world is then transferred into the players consciousness.

That could be seriously trippy. Combine that with some incredible, colorful, divine, fractal levels with insane geometry and beauty, and it could be a seriously great game.

spacexplorer
#38 Posted : 5/22/2016 5:35:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has this been released?

tryptographer
#39 Posted : 5/24/2016 9:38:39 PM

tryptamine photographer

It's a nice idea, but a huge project that requires hundreds if not thousands of quality man-hours!

I wonder if any Nexians are familiar with the games of Amanita Design, a small indepentant but famous studio in Prague? I find their games very inspiring!
Machinarium, Botanicula and recently Samorost 3. Musical and graphical masterpieces, and verrry 'psychedelic' - whatever that means Laughing

endlessness
#40 Posted : 5/24/2016 9:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently there is a game made recently with the collaboration of some indigenous people, its like oldschool platform game style, and the objective of the character is to become a shaman, or an artist, and the game is based on their traditional stories.

http://www.gamehunikuin.com.br/en/downloads/

Im having issues installing in mac but later im gonna try with windows because it looks interesting. Im unsure the game is in english, portuguese, or both. The website has interview videos with the local shaman telling the traditional stories the game was based on (though interviews only in portuguese).

PREV123NEXT