We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Community Project: DMT, Psycehdelic Hyperspace themed video game Options

Cosmic_Reality
#1 Posted : 7/21/2012 3:57:44 AM

***Colony Wars***

DMT Psychedelic Hyperspace Video Game

ABSTRACT Concept for game

I would like to have the entire Nexus Community participate in creating the first DMT Psychedelic Hyperspace Video game (For the app market). The medium I want to target are (Smart phones, Tablets and possibly PC). Because it will be easery and cheaper then doing the consoles "Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii". But perhaps later down the road Thumbs up. My history in video game design is this: Im familiar with the use a few different kinds of 3D Software such as "Maya,3dsMax, Google Sketchup8, photoshop, Daz etc. And im familiar with C++, and have access to Java programs and resources. I'm also attending school for Video game design, and I also self teach myself these programs. I'm also familiar with games in general and the gaming industry. We are going to have to use all of our skills together. I have most of the programs, but this is going to turn out right we all chip in our skills: programers, graphic artist, musicians, DMT and psychedelic experiences. Any skills that can be used to build this game, would be appreciated.Smile
I understand that everyone has a different experiences while taking DMT, but from my time here, I think its possible to have a general consensus regarding the world of DMT and Hyperspace. We can discuss the mood and look of the game, the characters and objectives etc. And then we cast polls to vote on certain aspects of the game. I know everyone will have a difference in ideas, but I think if we look at it from the perspective of "portraying Hyperspace/experience in the best possible light". We should be okay, and mostly on the same page of thought. Once we agree on the key points of the game then I'll draft a video game document. (Ive made a complete one before).

GAME Summery for DMT Psychedelic Hyperspace game:

Table of Contents
1)Backstory prologue:

2)Game story and Summary (basic):

3)Game Description:

4)Player & Characters(enemy characters if any):

5)Game-world and Levels:

6)Vehicles & weapons (if any):

7)Sounds & Music:

Cool Controls & Camera:

9)Possible future of game:

10)Additional data:

11)References (images etc.):

Announcement Updates
: 07/20/2012
**All game discussions will take place 88on this thread, that includes: look, feel, music, sounds, objective etc. Once an idea has been presented, we will vote on it, then place it in the above^^^^ outline.**

** If you need me to add a section or re-organize or add on to this thread, please send me a PM.**

**We will need to use file sharing programs/services, to share code/music files/art/3dmodels etc.**

** If you have suggestions try and remember that this will be a video game, so be specific if you have a serious idea.**

**Please sticky this in the correct location at the Nexus forums!Smile**

**PM if you'd like to set up a chat session**

** I have started a company before so I have experience with LLC's.**

** PM if you wish to be able to contact my pre-company directly, like our email,Facebook page, etc. ** If we have a solid concept and reason, I'll push my LLC paperwork, to make it legit.**

** If you do help, you'll be in the games credits, including the dmt-nexus community. I dont have money to pay you, but if we offer a free demo version and a full paid version, I'll donate a % back into the dmt-nexus forums. If you play a larger roll in the game design then you'll be sent money for your services. Smile So if the game dose well, we can put money back into the community, or save it to make a sequel.**

Announcement updates:07/21/2012
** Id like to petition this thread, so we we can sticky it somewhere.**

Announcement update: 07/28/2012
**Thank you for the Sticky mods! Smile**

~Cosmic_Reality

"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Drew7
#2 Posted : 7/21/2012 4:16:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You have my attention, but if you could provide a little more insight, that would be great. What sort of genre do you have in mind?

Cosmic_Reality
#3 Posted : 7/21/2012 4:18:20 AM

***Colony Wars***

I haven't experienced Hyperspace yet, but I will very soon. What do you guys think of a Fractal based World that changes every time you play???? I got that Idea, from a user at the Chat room

**Game World - Fractal based, 3D world of ever changing fractals, and geometric shapes** If you like cast your vote! Smile

zzaacckk3
#4 Posted : 7/21/2012 4:20:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

a game like this would be very interesting

Cosmic_Reality
#5 Posted : 7/21/2012 4:23:49 AM

***Colony Wars***

Drew7 wrote:
You have my attention, but if you could provide a little more insight, that would be great. What sort of genre do you have in mind?

As for genre I have a few idea's:
1)An action adventure based game with unique puzzles and interacting with different entities.
2) A vehicle based game were you fly around the realm of hyperspace, and do puzzle based objectives.

Those our my initial thoughts, but I think we have to bounce ideas back and forth. So we can figure out what the "High Concept" will be.

rjb
#6 Posted : 7/21/2012 8:16:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like an interesting idea. A good concept is presented in Flow (a game for the Playstation systems).

Gameplay trailer

Now, this is probably not quite the exact idea of the game, but it could provide some hints into the gameplay. The action could be based upon a character walking around worlds, picking up items or doing puzzles to unlock certain features. As you advance, you get powers, like telepathy, shared consciousness, looking into the future (or another dimension), looking back in time, stuff like that. The character would start being an empty slate, just like we all are when we first discover psychedelics. Upon completion of a certain subset of tasks, the character would be transported to the next dimension, by breaking through a mandala or something similar.

Just some ramblings...hope this helps Smile
The truth...lies within.

cyb
#7 Posted : 7/21/2012 8:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Maybe you could incorporate the 12 days of the Bardo (read: The Tibetan Book Of The Dead) as levels...
Also download and watch the film 'Enter The Void' for some inspiration..

Just thoughts....
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

daedaloops
#8 Posted : 7/21/2012 1:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a great idea, I've been conceptualizing similar ideas in my head recently, but it's hard to get a lock on the concrete genre/style. Unless it would be a morphing genre/style..

You might wanna check out Enigmaticus subsection too, it's pretty much the same thing as you're suggesting but maybe a bit more of an interactive experience than a commercialized smartphone-game. But I'm sure you could find some ideas in there. (To be honest, the less commercial, the better.)

Here's the wiki entry: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Enigmaticus

Eventually I'll probably try to make something like this on my own as well.. But for now I would gladly offer my services if they are of any use to anyone, I have experience in pretty much the same programs as you, plus quite alot more in AGS and Unity3D. In fact, I'm currently working on a few (neverending) projects on both of those. So hit me with a PM if you need anything at all..

Aaand yeah, I suggest getting to know hyperspace a bit, before starting to shape this into a certain direction... Smile

(BTW Cosmic, could you change your tag to something shorter, its causing the text to cut off at the right.. Thanks !)

The Observer
#9 Posted : 7/21/2012 1:42:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd much rather play in real hyperspace............

Wouldn't you?
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention by using totally fictitious verbiage...........

The above refers to the fictitious 'I'

daedaloops
#10 Posted : 7/21/2012 2:14:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Observer wrote:

Wouldn't you?

What a selfish view on things.. Sad

So noone should even attempt anything creative in this meatbag realm, and should just enjoy their own fractalized company out there in the middle of infinity? Sure that sounds awesome but if everyone did only that, then this world would be kinda unsocial place..

How bout going the middle path and playing games in both of these realms ?

rjb
#11 Posted : 7/21/2012 3:20:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Observer wrote:

Wouldn't you?

Sure thing, but we're talking different things. I don't think it's illegal or morally wrong to create something entertaining, thereby creating social incentive.

A good video game is as valuable as an ancient manuscript or a good piece of music, IMHO. It also creates emotion, just like any other form of entertainment.
The truth...lies within.

Cosmic_Reality
#12 Posted : 7/21/2012 9:35:54 PM

***Colony Wars***

daedaloops wrote:
This is a great idea, I've been conceptualizing similar ideas in my head recently, but it's hard to get a lock on the concrete genre/style. Unless it would be a morphing genre/style..

You might wanna check out Enigmaticus subsection too, it's pretty much the same thing as you're suggesting but maybe a bit more of an interactive experience than a commercialized smartphone-game. But I'm sure you could find some ideas in there. (To be honest, the less commercial, the better.)

Here's the wiki entry: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Enigmaticus

Eventually I'll probably try to make something like this on my own as well.. But for now I would gladly offer my services if they are of any use to anyone, I have experience in pretty much the same programs as you, plus quite alot more in AGS and Unity3D. In fact, I'm currently working on a few (neverending) projects on both of those. So hit me with a PM if you need anything at all..

Aaand yeah, I suggest getting to know hyperspace a bit, before starting to shape this into a certain direction... Smile

(BTW Cosmic, could you change your tag to something shorter, its causing the text to cut off at the right.. Thanks !)

I like your idea, I'm going to check out your links, Also I'll check out the Tibeten Book of the Dead for Level inspirations.
(Yeah I'll fix my Tag Smile)

anrchy
#13 Posted : 7/24/2012 7:18:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an AWESOME idea! I think the Hyperspace Lexicon contains all the characters and some other items that could be used.

I think an action adventure would be perfect. A sidescroll action adventure game. Kind of like castle crashers. The game could start out that your chillin in your room, getting ready to take a breakthrough dose your first time, you take the hit and BAM your in hyperspace. A fairy comes up to you and welcomes you to hyperspace but theres a problem! OPTI has taken over and is trying to shutdown the hyperspace elevator! You have to find certain hyperspace friends to help you in counteracting OPTI's plans.

Also, you have a hyperspace bar that is contantly running out over time, 1 end is hyperspace the other end is BASELINE. If you reach baseline you leave hyperspace and cannot help your hyperspace friends! You have to search for different ayahuasca ingredients to complete an ayahuasca brew. When you "collect" all the ingredients it increases your hyperspace meter.

You could make it so that OPTI is being controlled by a hyperspace monkey bent on entering the earth realm. Wanting to use the hyperspace elevator for his own purposes. The worlds you travel in can be ever moving fractals and geometric shapes and stuff like that.

TOOL's third eye symbol could be like "coins" that you collect throughout your journey's and you have to find them all to "open your third eye" which helps you defeat the rainbow monkey.

Just an idea... also please make this sticky
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Psychonaut In Orbit
#14 Posted : 7/24/2012 7:29:05 PM

Ancient Futuristic Organisms

anrchy wrote:
This is an AWESOME idea! I think the Hyperspace Lexicon contains all the characters and some other items that could be used.

I think an action adventure would be perfect. A sidescroll action adventure game. Kind of like castle crashers. The game could start out that your chillin in your room, getting ready to take a breakthrough dose your first time, you take the hit and BAM your in hyperspace. A fairy comes up to you and welcomes you to hyperspace but theres a problem! OPTI has taken over and is trying to shutdown the hyperspace elevator! You have to find certain hyperspace friends to help you in counteracting OPTI's plans.

Also, you have a hyperspace bar that is contantly running out over time, 1 end is hyperspace the other end is BASELINE. If you reach baseline you leave hyperspace and cannot help your hyperspace friends! You have to search for different ayahuasca ingredients to complete an ayahuasca brew. When you "collect" all the ingredients it increases your hyperspace meter.

You could make it so that OPTI is being controlled by a hyperspace monkey bent on entering the earth realm. Wanting to use the hyperspace elevator for his own purposes. The worlds you travel in can be ever moving fractals and geometric shapes and stuff like that.

TOOL's third eye symbol could be like "coins" that you collect throughout your journey's and you have to find them all to "open your third eye" which helps you defeat the rainbow monkey.

Just an idea... also please make this sticky

love it anrchy Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up great ideas everyone... this game would be a cult classic!
1% of reality is within our plane of existence. What we feel... what we see... what we hear... what we "think" we know... The other 99% percent of reality can only be shown to us through DMT. This 99% lies within the "Realm of the Unknowns". We can only experience FULL reality when we leave this vessel, our bodies. DMT gives us a taste of this full reality... the universal knowledge is given to us by the beings who call "hyperspace" their home. When in hyperspace there is no "self" but instead this self is replaced with pure and raw energy. ENERGY CAN NOT BE DESTROYED, ONLY TRANSFERRED OR TRANSFORMED! So when you have that "ego-death" during a breakthrough trip, don't fret, you are not being destroyed but yet..... YOU ARE BEING TRANSFORMED.

I LOVE YOU, RESPECT YOU AND I THANK YOU... Dimethyltryptamine ... for showing me the 99% of reality that I would never have experienced in everyday life.

*All posts under this moniker, Psychonaut In Orbit, is for entertainment and research purposes only. All events stated to have happened, or witnessed are all heresay and fictional*

anrchy
#15 Posted : 7/24/2012 7:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the nexus community has a pretty general agreement on certain music. It seems Shpongle is one of the nexus favorites, as well as some others. 2 ideas are:

Take some shpongle songs and convert them to midi for this games music (would require permission from them im sure)

We have some talented music artists in the community. Im sure some of them could easily create some cool music tracks specifically for the game.

Would we want to have different themes? Like World music, boss music, ect. Also sound effects for the game could also be created by nexus members.
Open your Mind (โ’ถ) Please read my DMT vaping guide (โ’ถ) Fear is the mind killer

rollingwood
#16 Posted : 7/24/2012 9:09:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome idea, id love to see something like that for a mobile device.
Google "N2O video game". it was for ps1 and it IS the most psychedelic game
ive played, complete with a soundtrack containing only songs from The Crystal Method.
Back in '99 or so when i first found it we'd eat 2 hits and try to play lol.
Impossibe, but fun trying.
The time is now...

Uno
#17 Posted : 7/24/2012 10:19:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how about a dmt extraction simulation? it could be a mini-game within this game or an entirely separate application. it could even be used to help newbies learn how to extract. Smile

anrchy
#18 Posted : 7/24/2012 10:47:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uno wrote:
how about a dmt extraction simulation? it could be a mini-game within this game or an entirely separate application. it could even be used to help newbies learn how to extract. Smile

That actually sounds like a cool idea as a side project. Would be like an interactive tek. If you did something incorrect your end result would reflect that as the end product.

Seems like it would need a lot of attention to create that idea as well? maybe it would need to be in its own project?

anrchy
#19 Posted : 7/25/2012 7:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin Cosmic_Reality: So what were you visualizing should be the type of view for the game? I dont know if this is something you want to vote on or maybe you already had an idea?

beings obviously you have put a lot of thought into this, and this is your baby, what do you see this game as? I am curious as to what your ideas are. I dont have any programming experience, so if this sounds retarded i apologize, but are there any kind of limitations or anything like that beings this is going to be a smartphone, tablet, pc game?

I want to bring up a GREAT game that I think would be a good base for HOW this game of yours would be played, if you wanted to do a side scroller. let me know what you think, have you ever played LIMBO?

Theres no guns, yet there are puzzles. You have to use your environment to figure out how to proceed in the level. I think this really captures a good platform for hyperspace. You could really get abstract with things. and the visual style of LIMBO could be slightly mimicked, imagine if instead of shadowy like graphics everything was super colorful and geometric. Yet still with that hazy look in the far background to give you a sense that your not there physically, like a dream. What do you think?

I dont know if this is a pc game yet, but you can download it on xbox. Its extremely fun, and pleasing to the eyes. I think it was $10 or something like that.

Anyways if this isnt the style you were looking for it may still help give you/us some ideas? I especially like the worm thing that drops onto your head, it doesnt allow you to fully control your character, I cant remember exactly how it works but you can only use "jump" until one of the ceiling things eats it off your head.

Cosmic_Reality
#20 Posted : 7/27/2012 12:37:41 AM

***Colony Wars***

Wow im really impressed with everyone's Ideas!!!! Thanks for your support. It will take some time, and to put together a everything. Im sorry I cant respond to everyone's post, but I will incorporate your collective ideas. Keep em coming!!!!! Smile

Once I have more data, I'll place the data on the OP Smile

123NEXT