We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Phalaris/other grass types ID thread Options

Chimp Z
#141 Posted : 6/17/2014 11:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last few pictures are dactylis glomerata.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Lysergicbinder
#142 Posted : 6/18/2014 7:42:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chimp Z wrote:
Last few pictures are dactylis glomerata.

Cr*p,they sure do look alike Sad

Cognitive Heart
#143 Posted : 6/20/2014 5:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phalaris arundinacea.

'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

dreamer042
#144 Posted : 6/20/2014 6:10:07 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Tis the season.

Image 1: Phalaris arundinacea var. "Big Medicine" in the middle.

(Just FYI to the right is sunflowers and to the left is wild blue mustard, those white flowered plants in the background are a cultivated variety of mustard.)

Image 2: Flower Head

Image 3: If you look closely you can see the little 2nd year syrian rue plants gettting established beneath the phalaris patch.

Cool
dreamer042 attached the following image(s):
bigmed.JPG (401kb) downloaded 429 time(s).
flower.JPG (427kb) downloaded 421 time(s).
rue.JPG (394kb) downloaded 410 time(s).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Cognitive Heart
#145 Posted : 6/20/2014 9:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the images! The flower head looks different from the phalaris I see growing around here in the wild. Are you planning a procedure with those two? They seem to go hand in hand. Wink
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

dreamer042
#146 Posted : 6/20/2014 10:03:39 PM

Dreamoar

It's just nice to know they are there if I need em Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

ZeroFries
#147 Posted : 8/30/2014 2:46:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings!

Been searching for some phalaris for a few days now, found these in a little stream next to a field. It's the only green version I've found, though I've found many with brown seeds/flowers (tis the season?). I didn't photograph the legule but it's extended like pharalis. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

ZeroFries attached the following image(s):
IMG_20140829_214720.jpg (190kb) downloaded 366 time(s).
IMG_20140829_213506.jpg (275kb) downloaded 365 time(s).
IMG_20140829_213456.jpg (224kb) downloaded 359 time(s).
IMG_20140829_213448.jpg (217kb) downloaded 357 time(s).

Batmansparents
#148 Posted : 10/6/2014 4:07:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I've been in some desperate need of some dmt for spiritual use. While roaming through the woods, I found what I believe to be canary grass. I cannot identify it myself, so I came here to see if any of you awesome people could help me. I really, really, really need some dmt, and if this is what I think it is I will be bouncing off the walls with happiness. This plant is young, but we have like literally trillions of them around, but I forgot to take a picture of one of those. If I have a chance, I will take a picture of it to confirm if you believe this young one is. Thank you so much for your help. It is greatly appreciated. If it isn't afterall, I'll try to find another plant and post a picture that I took. (Note that I said that this plant is young, and full grown ones are like 6 feet tall) This is my very first post on here, so excuse me if I messed up.

https://www.dropbox.com/...%2020%2006%20PM.jpg?dl=0

jamie
#149 Posted : 10/6/2014 2:53:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Not phalaris. Sorry.

Keep in mind wild phalaris arundinacea is likely going to be dominant in other tryptamines and beta carbolines rather then a pure DMT source. Please read my article "Phalaris teachers, temperate sources of trypamine gnosis" and see my thread "phalaris teacher" before you work with wild arundinacea..once you do find the plant.

Good Luck.
Long live the unwoke.

Chimp Z
#150 Posted : 1/11/2015 7:51:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a picture of my Phalaris Arundinacea var. Yugo Red during anthesis.
Flowered during August-September
Usually my P. Arundinacea flowers May-July. Wut?

Chimp Z attached the following image(s):
phalaris.jpg (156kb) downloaded 310 time(s).

The Runner
#151 Posted : 5/14/2015 5:58:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hell guys , i found this grass which i believe its phalaris but i'm not an expert in phalaris and i need your help .
The Runner attached the following image(s):
IMG_2138.jpg (61kb) downloaded 277 time(s).
IMG_2141.jpg (159kb) downloaded 275 time(s).
IMG_2142.jpg (55kb) downloaded 276 time(s).
I'm a Runner , my feet just loathe the ground , up a mountain i go running steal your flowers to my cave , i'm a waste of sunshine , a petty rainbow slave ..

Chimp Z
#152 Posted : 5/15/2015 10:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Runner, the plant you picked is NOT any species of Phalaris.
My intuitive thought upon first glance was that it belongs to the genus Echinochloa, particularly Echinochloa Esculenta, though I'm not so positive.

Almost seems to be there is a possibility of it belonging in the Sedge family.
The first picture makes me think it is grass due to the dimensions of the photo, while the plant displayed in totality appears to have spirally imbricated bracts, supposing the suspicion now that it may belong to the same genus as Bolboshoenus Robustus.
Examination of Bolboshoenus photos provides no definitive ligule evidence, now leaning back towards the grass.

Hope any of that lends support to your endeavors.
Feel free to browse through the rest of the thread where others have in fact observed and photographed Reed Canary Grass(Phalaris Arundinacea) in its natural habitat. Smile

Picture 1: P. Arundinacea inflorescence prior to anthesis
Picture 2: P. Aquatica
P.S.
There is a picture of Phalaris Arundinacea var. 'Yugo Red' in full anthesis right above your most recent post. There are a few frequent Phalaris strains such as P. Aquatica, P. Arundinacea, P. Canariensis, P. Caroliniana, P. Minor, P. Paradoxa which happen to be the most abundant and familiar strains to ethnobotany and tryptamine excursions. Many other strains of Phalaris are relevant for entheogenic use, though they are completely lacking in research and it's better to keep P. Arundinacea and Aquatica on speed dial then for beginners to dive into unfamiliar territory with the grass. Alkaloid profiles are largely unknown and there likely is no strain containing solely DMT or 5-Methoxy-DMT for the entire span of their life. Phalaris is Phalaris. Ayahuasca is what it is. It is not DMT. You are able to yield a usable amount from extractions. Good yields call for deeper exploration for most. The dreams are there, you simply must seek that for which you departed on this quest. Troubleshooting identification can be easily learned by studying a guide to wetlands, Baldini's 'Revision of the Genus Phalaris', purchasing seeds online, or visiting the sharetheseeds forum and requesting seeds or clones of the species you are yearning to work with. Best of luck and so much love to your departure into the realms of the reeds. Sweetly as the wind serenades your heart through the grass will you see as the endless dimensions of contrast and combustion corrode; washed away by the streams, carrying on the seeds to new life. The principle of uncertainty expands into a cloud and rains down all on the meadows, while the horizon beckons you to cross the mountains to the plains where the Temple of the Grass will show you abundance and light! Take good care my kind friends.
Chimp Z attached the following image(s):
rcg.JPG (2,180kb) downloaded 271 time(s).
IMG_5199.JPG (1,649kb) downloaded 273 time(s).

slangcios
#153 Posted : 5/21/2015 1:00:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Chimpz you seems to be most expert about phalaris recognize, i fuond some wild grass species near my house, it seems to be phalaris could help to recognize wich kind of species is it and if it is possible to extract DMT from it?
thank you

phalaris

slangcios
#154 Posted : 5/21/2015 1:01:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Chimpz you seems to be most expert about phalaris recognize, i fuond some wild grass species near my house, it seems to be phalaris could help to recognize wich kind of species is it and if it is possible to extract DMT from it?
thank you

slangcios attached the following image(s):
0001.jpg (294kb) downloaded 253 time(s).

Chimp Z
#155 Posted : 5/21/2015 6:55:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What you have there I believe is Phalaris Truncata.
It is very close in appearance to P. Paradoxa.
If you could post rhizome and aerial foliage photos, that would aid with identification.

The P. Paradoxa rhizome spreads out a little bit like crab grass(Digitaria Sanguinalis).
P. Truncata foliage is a bit thinner, the stem usually shorter, and the rhizomes not as adventitious.
Depending on your geography we could pin point 100% accuracy.

P. Minor would also be a similar strain. P. Minor looks more like Aquatica with more of a stunted inflorescence and appears to be a smaller growth form of Aquatica.

Another indicator(in simple terms) is that P. Paradoxa during anthesis sometimes shoots out tiny "hair-like" extensions from the floret and is a bit more "poofy" than Truncata.
Truncata appears to have more of a bold camouflage green tone whilst Paradoxa may tend to lean towards the purple side of things.

You may observe in the photos contained within the PDF I attached, that Paradoxa seeds if taken prior to when the seed-head is dried, will resemble a "V" shape with a seed in the middle. That's how you know these seeds are viable. If there is a "V" with a gap in the middle then no seed.
Dismantle the floret and see if you find isolated "V"'s with seeds amidst.
This is a tricky one. I have grown both of these strains with great variation in seed-head formation. If in fact you DO find the "V"-like structure found in these photos, please post back on here and we'll settle this once and for all.

Note that aside from P. Arundinacea, there is still a large plasticity within the morphology of Phalaris florets. Not to say they're drastically different, though they may differ in size and color tone from plant to plant.

Phalaris Truncata analyzed by Festi and Samorini contains possibly usable amounts of DMT, NMT and 5-Methoxy-DMT. Other alkaloids may be present.

Also, if this means anything P. Truncata is listed as a variety of P. Brachystachys, though P. Brachystachys var. Truncata is synonymous with P. Truncata.
http://www.theplantlist....tpl1.1/record/kew-433425
This key to Phalaris may help with identification. Also I would recommend Agnes Chase's First Book of Grasses to brush up on botanical terms for the Poaceae.
http://ucjeps.berkeley.e...-bin/get_key.pl?Phalaris

P. Truncata from my knowledge only exists in Europe and North Africa like Tunisia and Algeria.
P. Paradoxa grows wild in the Pacific Northwest down through Mexico and eastward into other parts of the USA. Also, Paradoxa has begun its invasion of Chilean crop fields and parts of Peru.

To conclude, I believe it is P. Truncata. More photographs would provide much more detail and validation. The grass is active. You won't find human bioassays online. Phalaris Paradoxa is also active through smoked/vaporized extract and ingestion with MAOI.
Thanks for posting this! The grass calls...

lya
#156 Posted : 5/25/2015 10:35:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

what do you think is this phalaris aurindinacea? i think so but i´m no expert!
found in austria (not australia!!!!)

Chimp Z
#157 Posted : 5/25/2015 6:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lya thanks for your enthusiasm! Your plant is in fact Dactylis Glomerata(Orchard Grass) the most commonly misidentified plant confused for Phalaris Arundinacea.

Alright, went through the threads and saw that there is barely any true Phalaris species documented here. I suspect many people's low yields have in fact been based on misidentifying a plant.

Ambivalent: Your first photo is Phalaris Canariensis, not Brachystachys, the seeds are too large.
Acacian: Most likely P. Aquatica like nen said. Though check out Coerulescens and Paradoxa regardless.
Innervoyages29: Dallis grass(Paspalum Dilatatum). I would browse through the Echinochloa genus as well
Tempest: Your first picture is Dactylis Glomerata(orchard grass)
Wearepeople: Dactylis Glomerata
The Key: Phragmites Australis
Kikko:Browse through the Avena/Bromus complex.
Portu:none of your grasses are Phalaris.
Steppa: 1-3 P. Arundinacea var. 'Feesey', 4 Dactylis Glomerata
anonhippie-Dactylis Glomerata. What you likely isolated was Gramine.
Moozi-none of your grasses are phalaris
DMT Panda-Holcus Lanatus(Yorkshire Fog)
Babydropa-none of your initial photos are Phalaris. Plant 2 is Phragmites Australis
Luna Fractal-Phalaris Coerulescens
Professor Paradise: seemingly 1&2 are Leersia Oryzoides, 3&4 you have some love P. Arundinacea there
Lysergic Binder: Dactylis Glomerata

LowHP
#158 Posted : 9/23/2015 12:00:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, been a while since I've posted here but my interest has peaked on DMT lately and I've started trying my hand at Phalaris identification.

At first I believed I had found P. Aquaticua, but after studying some more of the close look-alikes am left unsure. Would love some input as to what the grass I have might be, and importantly how it differs from my target. Cheers!

Edit: Can provide closer-up pictures if needed. Height of the grass matched the descriptions I've read.
LowHP attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,061kb) downloaded 202 time(s).
image.jpg (961kb) downloaded 194 time(s).
image.jpg (970kb) downloaded 194 time(s).

dreamer042
#159 Posted : 9/23/2015 4:05:14 PM

Dreamoar

That one appears to be P. arundinacea

Gone-and-Back
#160 Posted : 9/23/2015 9:58:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So i am not sure what grass this is, but there was a large garden bed filled with it at my home. The previous owners planted it, i do not know how many years it has been there. This is the second year we have had the house and it has come back each year. Im pretty sure it is a phalaris grass of some sort though. Could anyone tell me what it is exactly?
Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
CAM00018.jpg (2,126kb) downloaded 170 time(s).
CAM00019.jpg (2,487kb) downloaded 172 time(s).
CAM00015.jpg (2,602kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

«PREV678910NEXT»