We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
The 'risks' of doing Aya improperly / unsupervised? Options

Zanexx
#21 Posted : 7/21/2012 4:06:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I should have added that I have yet to have the privilege of trying Aya or DMT.

The entity I referred to was picked up while drinking at a pub. The next day I wasn't feeling myself (or my hangover self). When I meditated to figure out why, I discovered a chunk of black energy around my solar plexus that I had picked up from some unknown person in the pub.

Different strokes for different folks. Probably also different strokes for different tokes Very happy
If you know of any South African Suppliers please consider adding them here

The only constant in life is change.
Happiness is as simple as a choice.
Believing is seeing.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nicechrisman
#22 Posted : 7/25/2012 4:16:28 PM

Kin

I don't have experience with aya, but I have had some difficult lessons from mushrooms for sure. I agree that meditation prior to the experience helps a LOT. Not just right before, but for the week or 2 before I try to meditate every morning.

Another EXTREMELY important thing for me (and it goes along with the meditation) is DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE. If you are being attacked, focus your attention on your breath and nothing else. Last time I did that, I felt that a buddhist deity avalokiteshvara entered my body and protected and loved me. The deity's mantra is "Om mani padme hum".

Good fragrances seem to help too. I like to have some good incense around.
Nagdeo

olympus mon
#23 Posted : 8/5/2012 7:02:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Kambogahuasca Panacea wrote:
Quote:
Any how, I have been reading up on these things, as I have done for years, and came across a couple of articles / videos etc, that pointed to taking Aya (/pharma /smoked DMT/Changa as well I guess) as being dangerous, leaving us open to 'spiritual parasites' and demonic entities. I have also heard of Nexians talking of posession type scenarios and, to be honest, I am not too keen on getting posessed / soul sucked etc. At the same time, I have little money and too much responsibility to just hop on a plane to find me a bona fide curandero / shaman.

A solution to this is to do Kambo first thing in the morning and have Aya once it is dark. Kambo repels all negative energies and if you wanted to you could even slay all those mo fo's left and right to your heart's delight. Also makes the Aya experience much more clean, pure and beneficial. The spirit of the frog brings it to the legendary 1+1=3. In fact more often than not when I have Aya without doing Kambo in close proximity, I feel like something is missing.

It is known to the indigenous people that Kambo deflects all darts and/or sorcery. If one was so inclined they could repel the darts of the most advance Brujos and make them eat there own poison. It also makes one fearless and when I have Aya in close proximity to Kambo and am in the middle of the forest I feel no fear despite the odd sounds.

Kambo can be your Curandero

Really? This is interesting I havent read about Kambo and aya. What regions do they use the 2 together? Do other people feel this same protectiveness?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

VisualAnemia
#24 Posted : 8/7/2012 9:46:42 PM

Chalgren

Aya/Pharmahuasca can be fatal if done without caution since the mao-i INHIBITS, which means your stomach is suddenly functioning very differently from what it normally does. Normal foods which you don't think twice about consuming might end up killing you due to certain dietary amines your little tummy suddenly can't break down.

Other than that the normal/usual precautions before and and after taking psychedelic drugs would apply, no driving, adding more substances or anything plain stupid like "hey lets go for a ride the car BRO!"

Be safe.
Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

There's magic out there!

SnozzleBerry
#25 Posted : 8/8/2012 12:11:09 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Evisceratechuck wrote:
Aya/Pharmahuasca can be fatal if done without caution since the mao-i INHIBITS, which means your stomach is suddenly functioning very differently from what it normally does. Normal foods which you don't think twice about consuming might end up killing you due to certain dietary amines your little tummy suddenly can't break down.

Source?

This is hardly true and harmalas are RIMA's...a subset of MAOIs that are known to have significantly less, if no interactions with tyramine, etc. The R stands for REVERSIBLE Wink

Less fear mongering, moar facts, please.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Eliyahu
#26 Posted : 8/8/2012 7:40:25 AM
סנדלפון

Kambogahuasca Panacea wrote:
Quote:
Any how, I have been reading up on these things, as I have done for years, and came across a couple of articles / videos etc, that pointed to taking Aya (/pharma /smoked DMT/Changa as well I guess) as being dangerous, leaving us open to 'spiritual parasites' and demonic entities. I have also heard of Nexians talking of posession type scenarios and, to be honest, I am not too keen on getting posessed / soul sucked etc. At the same time, I have little money and too much responsibility to just hop on a plane to find me a bona fide curandero / shaman.

A solution to this is to do Kambo first thing in the morning and have Aya once it is dark. Kambo repels all negative energies and if you wanted to you could even slay all those mo fo's left and right to your heart's delight. Also makes the Aya experience much more clean, pure and beneficial. The spirit of the frog brings it to the legendary 1+1=3. In fact more often than not when I have Aya without doing Kambo in close proximity, I feel like something is missing.

It is known to the indigenous people that Kambo deflects all darts and/or sorcery. If one was so inclined they could repel the darts of the most advance Brujos and make them eat there own poison. It also makes one fearless and when I have Aya in close proximity to Kambo and am in the middle of the forest I feel no fear despite the odd sounds.

Kambo can be your Curandero

I mean no offense but I have real doubts that Kambo can repel all negative entities just through the act of consuming it. I have a real hard time believing there is any substance that could have such power.

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

mew
#27 Posted : 8/8/2012 7:46:26 AM

huachumancer

with the power of belief anything can be made a safeguard from insanity. i feel this is why intention is necessary for safest experiences...

aliendreamtime
#28 Posted : 8/24/2012 4:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Touching on that mew, you guys should learn more about shamanism. Plant Spirit Shamanism by Ross Heaven and Howard Charing is a great book that covers the intricacies of shamanism.

How do shamans protect themselves supposedly?

THEIR SPIRIT ALLIES!

Make friends with the big old trees, ayahuasca, the lakes and mountains, the flowers,your ancestors and call on them in your time of need.

Its all about calling out to your allies IMHO.

Kobranek
#29 Posted : 9/3/2012 3:58:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

aliendreamtime wrote:
Touching on that mew, you guys should learn more about shamanism. Plant Spirit Shamanism by Ross Heaven and Howard Charing is a great book that covers the intricacies of shamanism.

How do shamans protect themselves supposedly?

THEIR SPIRIT ALLIES!

Make friends with the big old trees, ayahuasca, the lakes and mountains, the flowers,your ancestors and call on them in your time of need.

Its all about calling out to your allies IMHO.

Good call on the most powerful allies which are our ancestors! They are the ones who helped us get to where we are now. They have a wealth of knowledge stemming back from the origins of our existence. We owe a lot to them by continuing our legacy and spreading our knowledge onto future generations. Most importantly they are always willing to be a source of power and sustinence to better ourselves for all.

fairbanks
#30 Posted : 10/9/2012 5:13:59 PM

"Our entire much-praised technological progress, and civilization generally, could be compared to an ax in the hand of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

If this thread is about the risks of plant medicine use, I'm not sure why Kambo is recommended before first time ayahuasca. Kambo is the most physically painful/purgative out of the medicines. It's more a poison than a psychedelic and would be a lot riskier to take than ayahuasca b/c you never know how people will react to it. While I have read about it's strengthening capabilities for immune system and psychological well being, it seems like quite an ordeal to go through (just read some exp reports). I have also read that people have died from taking too much b/c of them not feeling desired effects after one or two dots.

Wouldn't smoking mapacho regularly and maybe a vine only session be more preparing? Mapacho smoking builds up phlegm darts which shamans say can be used against spiritual parasites. Also, if you take vine only brew first you can experience the mother and a sense of protection then during admixture. Kambo seems like something a more advanced medicine practitioner would use in preparation for high dose ayahausca. Regardless, the original use of Kambo was for strengthening hunters, so our intentions seem little bit off center. If Kambo became a fad in the psychedelic community those beautiful little phyllomedusa frogs would surely become extinct. They are already on IUCN Red List for threatened species...

fairbanks
#31 Posted : 10/10/2012 9:01:24 PM

"Our entire much-praised technological progress, and civilization generally, could be compared to an ax in the hand of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein

I'm sure it will make an iboga or aya journey lighter b/c kambo works on the brains opioid receptors. For myself I'm not sure it would help my healing b/c opiates have always made me cloudy and not very mindful. Not sure I'd want to go into a healing mind manifest journey like iboga or aya after that. While it would definitely make you fearless and accepting, I'm not sure how helpful healing that is to naturally get over fear and naturally gain acceptance. Seems more like an aide to me, but that's just IMO. I understand it's use in hunting though, I'd gladly accept the fearless boost when walking around the jungle looking for dinner.

cosmic butterfly
#32 Posted : 10/12/2012 2:08:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome thread guys Smile, i have been "spiritually attacked" before but that was when just starting out and gone in without knowledge or preparation, just took enough maoi to b inhibited and way too much dmt, and without ritual. Ive learned that these things need to be respected as much as we can and we will be treated back with respect and love. First learned better to have a higher concentration of caapi than dmt, which for me always provides for a more warm,guided, and healing experience-also feel this with smoking dmt, only do changa now. And ritual can be very beneficial, like mentioned before some premeditation, giving thanks to the spirits, and if have burn some sage or palo santo to help clear the space. Been a few years now since started using these precautions and only beneficial experiences. No proper shaman would go in without ritual and they have more knowledge and experience then we do so best we try to follow and learn from them as much as we can. Another thing to consider is perhaps it is not a "demonic entity" if they even exist, since if one doesnt allow to be effected by the energy by not being afraid and just not paying attention to it instead of fighting it than perhaps it is not negative at all and positive n negetive energies are just a product of our perception n ego. Dont be afraid anything that comes forth say yes to everything and if you feel things going wrong always great tool is to focus on the breath. Happy journeying Smile

PREV12