We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Does my cat know? Options

JuremaSpaceship
#1 Posted : 7/2/2012 12:54:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had a few great journeys within the past couple weeks, this is after about a 4-5 month hiatus.
It feels great to have such beautiful experiences again, I feel like taking a break was a good thing and im glad I did. I know the occasional dark/negative experience is almost inevitable but I feel like I could have been much more responsible with my dmt use when I first started and that may have lead to the couple rough ones I had.

But on to the actual topic...
The past 3-4 times that I have used dmt it almost seems like my cat is aware that I am having or had a very deep experience...
Sometimes he lays with me when I smoke it, but it always seems like he is extra friendly when I return from these deep journeys.
It seems like whenever I come back he is there looking at me and he'll jump up on me and try to cuddle or rub his face on me in a friendly manner. He just seems like he knows what I just saw was amazing and he is there to comfort me, almost helping me transition back to reality or something.

Do any of you ever have pets/pet present when you use dmt? Do you feel a different kind of connection?

Rug•Wall•Ceiling•People•Fruit•Music

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tele
#2 Posted : 7/2/2012 12:55:52 PM
Explorer

No wonder cats were held in high regard in egyptLaughing I think they can sense things we can't...

Pandora
#3 Posted : 7/2/2012 3:30:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Many believe that cats permanently have one paw firmly planted in the other world.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

JuremaSpaceship
#4 Posted : 7/2/2012 3:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahaa that's what I'm thinking.

brokin
#5 Posted : 7/2/2012 4:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has nothing to do with your experience but cats just randomly starring and changing their focus point always made me wonder.

thick-light
#6 Posted : 7/2/2012 4:18:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My cats ate all the almost all the leaves off my p. viridis plants and then they would swat flying interdemensional beings of some kind. I also saw a video of a leopard eating chacruna then rolling around for 10 minutes before going off to hunt, I can only imagine what dmt does to their senses.

My cats alice, mimzy and sasha lay by me and rub up against me when I'm blasted and when I'm coming down.

Have you ever been with a group of people who were tripping and caught a buzz off the altered state their collective journey was producing?

I have and I wonder if cats can catch one off us. Anyway it's very interesting. Thanks for the cool topic.
I love all of you!

thick-light
#7 Posted : 7/2/2012 4:20:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here are some Photos
thick-light attached the following image(s):
DSC00495.JPG (2,636kb) downloaded 370 time(s).
I love all of you!

JuremaSpaceship
#8 Posted : 7/2/2012 4:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thick-light,

My cat looks almost identical to the 4 little ones in your picture, and my roommates cat looks almost identical to the bigger cat haha. Kinda weird.

Here is my cat Albert.

3rdI
#9 Posted : 7/2/2012 4:52:09 PM

veni, vidi, spici

thick-light, can you post me one of those little ones they are lovelyLove
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Mister_Niles
#10 Posted : 7/2/2012 8:04:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My cats are always super interested. They won't leave me alone when I'm getting ready to do dmt. I swear, they will want nothing to do with me all day. I'll be sitting on the couch doing whatever and they leave me alone, then, I get my gvg out and they are swarming around me. My friend says he feels that his dog acts as some sort of sentinel when he is tripping and will stand guard. My cats just want to be near or on me when I blast off. I love them, but its annoying.
I think it's the vibe I'm putting off. I think they sense my trepidation and are trying to comfort me. I have experimented a couple times by pulling out my gvg and spice when I had no intention of vaporizing. Guess what. No cats. They know. Interesting.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Sky Motion
#11 Posted : 7/2/2012 8:23:32 PM

<3

Cats have a keen sense when it comes to these kind of things, they're very weird and that's why I like them.

One time after I smoked a light dose I was laying on the floor looking at the ceiling when my friends cat who never even acknowledges me "snaked" his way over to my face and started a "licking inspection"

Peculiar they are..

Terrence_Mechanic
#12 Posted : 7/2/2012 8:27:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any cats but the neighborhood cats definitely know if i am tripping.

thick-light
#13 Posted : 7/2/2012 9:08:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here u go Alice is the calico mimzy is the other, I don't have any pictures of sasha on this computer
DSC00749.JPG (1,922kb) downloaded 320 time(s).
mimzy again.JPG (2,635kb) downloaded 319 time(s).
I love all of you!

thick-light
#14 Posted : 7/2/2012 9:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

albert and alice look alike atleast from the photo you uploaded. this is a picture of Roxy with her 9 kittens and alice is the 3rd one in laying in the basket
DSC00503.JPG (2,168kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
roxy with litter of9, including alice.JPG (2,635kb) downloaded 322 time(s).
I love all of you!

thick-light
#15 Posted : 7/2/2012 9:21:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister Niles I have an Alaskan Malamute and she does the same protective kind of thing.
mazzy.JPG (2,790kb) downloaded 317 time(s).
I love all of you!

brokin
#16 Posted : 7/2/2012 9:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay while we are talking about dogs...

I have experienced all kinds of things that make it all pretty clear to me,that they are way more than humans give them credit.
First I had a very old dog, he was 16 years old, my even older grandma had 87 she was the one taking care of the dog.Unfortunately my grandma passed away that was a pretty big shock, she was a very big,important part of our family she basically kind of always glued all the relative together.Anyway, after a week or so our dog notice something was missing...
She was the one who used to stay with him and feed him, take care of him.
For the next 2 weeks, or more the dog started howling in the middle of the night, It was so heartbreaking I couldn't control myself I would just burst into tears.

I had similar experiences with my dogs for different situations.

But do not think that your cat knows that you where "tripping" I have high doubts there are any visible (for humans or not) effects going on when taking DMT.
Animals feel the person, so If you are "changed" in some way the animal is gonna feel that.

For example they can feel when you have adrenaline surges.They can feel if you are afraid because of the chemicals you release.

Parshvik Chintan
#17 Posted : 7/2/2012 10:14:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

brokin wrote:
But do not think that your cat knows that you where "tripping" I have high doubts there are any visible (for humans or not) effects going on when taking DMT.
Animals feel the person, so If you are "changed" in some way the animal is gonna feel that.
For example they can feel when you have adrenaline surges.They can feel if you are afraid because of the chemicals you release.

if i saw an animal(human or otherwise) on dmt, i am positive i would know it was tripping, and i can't sense adrenal surges in other animals..
just sayin..
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

VoidTraveler
#18 Posted : 7/2/2012 11:07:18 PM

Traveler's pet cactus

Senior Member | Skills: Harm reduction

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
brokin wrote:

if i saw an animal(human or otherwise) on dmt, i am positive i would know it was tripping, and i can't sense adrenal surges in other animals..
just sayin..

It is quite possible that cats possess the knowledge of identifying when humans are tripping. Cats can trip on catnip and having had that experience it is possible they know how it affects humans? On the other hand, they might just sense / hear your heartbeat increase and body secrete all sorts of pheromones. We know near to nothing of what happens when you take DMT so it's difficult to speculate.

But it is happening to a lot of people.

And love all the photos! Beautiful animals you all have.
The spice extends life.
The spice expands consciousness.
The spice is vital to space travel.

entheogenadvocate
#19 Posted : 7/3/2012 2:22:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My dog has chilled with me through quite a few multi-hour changa sessions, and he can definitely tell when I start to enter deeper into hyperspace.

I frequently feel and see a huge wave a loving light reverberate off of me when I take a large rip of Change with a clear mind and conscience. I see it with my eyes closed, but if I open my eyes quickly, I can see the waves come over my dog, and he will pick up his head and literally smile (looks like it to me anyways Smile)

Shameless plug... just got my American Pit Bull Terrier therapy trained!

All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

thick-light
#20 Posted : 7/3/2012 3:36:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at the love
DSC00838.JPG (1,986kb) downloaded 264 time(s).
I love all of you!

123NEXT