We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
what type of shroom feels like LSD? Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:41:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Some irish dudes once gave me powdered mushrooms that they'd picked in ireland. I never had anything that was that close to LSD. It was exactly like LSD, but better; more colourfull, more relaxed, more intense, warmer and no speedyness at all. Wich type of shroom could this have been?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:44:29 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hand picked in Ireland?

P.semilanceata maybe? These are pretty awesome, colourfull and the euphoric.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

polytrip
#3 Posted : 1/29/2009 8:48:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, colourful and euphoric they certainly where. If it was semilanceata then this is remarkable because like the azurescens,wich is also incredibly awesome, this species contains baeocystin. This would not be a coincidence then, i think. It would mean that baeocystin is a very powerfull hallucinogenic substance or that it potentiates and alters the other hallucinogenic tryptamines significantly.

geeg30
#4 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely Liberty caps (P. Semi's), there virtually the only shroom picked in the UK and quite potent. SWIM rates them higher than most Cubensis - only Hawaiians compare, might be the Bufo or Baeocystin in them that gives them that extra oomph.

SWIM still has a few hundred creeping around in his freezer waiting for a nice mix with rue.Very happy Very happy

Although SWIM doesn't find them like LSD (similar like you say) and much better like you say
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

modsquad09
#5 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:49:36 AM

mods

yea if you pick the right strains i think mushrooms are more promising than lsd..

Ive had some sick visual journeys with these shrooms called pink elephant, i was in the amazon flowing down the river, but i was also listening to shpongle.

Another time off some Amazonians i ate 2.8 grams & lost total sense of self had an OOBE & NDE saw the clear light,
heaven and hell simentaniously,

ending with heaven,

got big & small like alice in wonderland during the come up, it was intense.

I like to mix the two for a combined effect, maybe throw some molly in there ;]
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

VisualDistortion
#6 Posted : 1/30/2009 2:48:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM loves mushies and gets all warm and goey sometimes when thoughts of his little friends
dance through his head. They're such great teachers. Made SWIM a changed man. Taught him pace, peace, and helped him gain direction in his life.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

thepureskunk
#7 Posted : 1/30/2009 5:22:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like Liberty Caps.

My 1st ever trip was 200 of those little buggers Very happy

Actually thought i was levitating at one point Shocked

This was 13 years ago...happy days!!

Also had 3G's of Amazonians once and that was a very visual trip..
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

69ron
#8 Posted : 1/30/2009 5:32:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found Psilocybe cyanescens to be one of the most LSD-like mushrooms producing a really nice euphoric trip.

SWIM found Psilocybe azurescens to be one of the most visual psychedelics there is (beside smoked freebase bufotenine). Very DMT-like.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 1/30/2009 5:32:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow... I have often heard it said that Liberty Caps are considered the best shrooms by shamans, but I've never found any (although in my youth I did eat some that looked like them to no avail, maybe they were but I just didn't have enough :/ )
I've often had dreams in which I've found enormous Liberty Caps growing and collected and eaten them, despite having never dreamt about any other entheogen!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

memo
#10 Posted : 1/30/2009 6:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
SWIM found Psilocybe cyanescens to be one of the most LSD-like mushrooms producing a really nice euphoric trip.

SWIM found Psilocybe azurescens to be one of the most visual psychedelics there is (beside smoked freebase bufotenine). Very DMT-like.

There is a debate among mycologists as to whether azurescens are actually a different species from cyanescens or just a sub variety. The stature of the shrooms is hugely different though. The average azurescens has about 10 times the mass of the average cyanescens. The last time SWIM took 3 grams of dried azurescens he got so psychedelic that he had impaired motor coordination as if he had been drinking alcohol. There was a period of time when he was incapacitated on the floor.
Cyanescens grow wild all around SWIM's area but he hasn't been able to get them to fruit in a transplanted outdoor patch. He's had unbelievable success with Azurescens though! It's nice that they practically take care of themselves.
memo attached the following image(s):
Azurescens.jpg (236kb) downloaded 299 time(s).
Azurescens1.jpg (182kb) downloaded 299 time(s).
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 1/30/2009 11:21:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for me lsd is lsd and mushrooms are mushrooms.. each to appreciate on their own. Sure some mushrooms have individual differences (with different compounds and ratios and so on) but never being same as lsd.. this is too abstract a comparison IMO

69ron
#12 Posted : 1/30/2009 11:41:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

memo wrote:
There is a debate among mycologists as to whether azurescens are actually a different species from cyanescens or just a sub variety.

When SWIM lived up north, he picked them from the wild every winter. He also grew his own cyanescens from spore prints of wild specimens. They were pretty easy to grow outside but almost impossible to grow indoors. The effects between azurescens and cyanescens are almost completely different. The caps are completely different too. I canโ€™t see how someone could believe they are not a different species.

SWIM still has spore prints of them both and is planning to grow them again in the future. SWIM finds both of them to be superior to psilocybe cubensis in terms of their type of effects. Cyanescens feels less toxic than cubensis or azurescens. Itโ€™s a fantastic trip. Azurescens is super potent and has some very different effects from the other mushrooms. Itโ€™s more potent than cyanescens and much more visual. Itโ€™s more โ€œmind bendingโ€ than any other mushroom SWIM has tried. Itโ€™s also less stimulating than most other mushrooms SWIM has tried.

The main reason SWIM doesnโ€™t use mushrooms much these days is because the effects last too long. They would be the perfect psychedelic for SWIM if their effects only lasted 1-2 hours.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

memo
#13 Posted : 1/31/2009 1:19:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know what you mean. I find it hard to believe that St. Bernards and Chihuahuas are the same species also. Azurescens are definitely very different from Cyanescens whether they end up being different variates of the same species or not. Mycology has been thrown into turmoil now that DNA identification is available.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

VisualDistortion
#14 Posted : 1/31/2009 1:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, SWIM always feels like he never wants his mushie trips to end, no matter how long they've gone on. He loves them and hates how such an irrelevent and menial thing like money keeps him and them apart.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

DMTripper
#15 Posted : 1/31/2009 3:29:39 AM

John Murdoch IV

Lib caps grow wild in abundance where I live so they are the only shrooms I've tried. I love them and they have taught me much and I think they are very different from LSD. I've always preferred shrooms over LSD. I love how natural this psychedelic is. It's just so pure to pick them and eat fresh or make a nice cup of tea.

But I have some prints of Mexican P. cubensis and plan to grow soon. I grew once cambodian strain but they got damaged so I never got the chance to try them out Razz
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

kemist
#16 Posted : 1/31/2009 2:12:23 PM

John

69ron wrote:

The main reason SWIM doesnโ€™t use mushrooms much these days is because the effects last too long. They would be the perfect psychedelic for SWIM if their effects only lasted 1-2 hours.

Smoked mushrooms should last only an hour or so Rolling eyes
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

69ron
#17 Posted : 1/31/2009 3:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kemist wrote:
69ron wrote:

SWIM tried it many times. Never got any effects at all from it.

polytrip
#18 Posted : 1/31/2009 4:29:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
kemist wrote:
69ron wrote:

I still haven't found the right moment for it, but i would like to experiment with free-base psilocin. Maybe smoking it isn't the ideal way of taking it. I think snorted would be a good way. When smoking it, probably some of the molecules get destroyed. There is a whole thread here on the subject of (smokeable) free-base psilocin.

69ron
#19 Posted : 1/31/2009 4:39:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
69ron wrote:
kemist wrote:
69ron wrote:

I still haven't found the right moment for it, but i would like to experiment with free-base psilocin. Maybe smoking it isn't the ideal way of taking it. I think snorted would be a good way. When smoking it, probably some of the molecules get destroyed. There is a whole thread here on the subject of (smokeable) free-base psilocin.

Yeah, but no conclusions about it were really made. Some people still think it doesn't work. SWIM will try it someday.

Exarp
#20 Posted : 2/3/2009 5:24:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM found psylocibine extraction tek, and author calmed that smoked efects of Psylocibine last for hour to hour and half. Also, he mentioned that trip was something different and dosage was very high; aboz 50 mg of pyslocibine chrystal. SWIM try to found that web-page, but it is moved Crying or very sad
Just keep the balance...the middle path...
93 93/93

123NEXT