We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
Acacia and Mimosa Identification Thread Options

Hamilton Bardwater
#121 Posted : 8/2/2012 1:25:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so this time I grabbed my camera, my girlfriend and left my bong at home; and this time I got some better photos Big grin

Many thanks Nexians!

Acacia #1:

I'm certain that this one is longifolia, but I'm not 100% sure if it's the correct variation. Hopefully Nen is around some time soon to give me a hand.
Note the light colour of the phyllodes and their relative length.

Acacia #2:
I took some more photos of the suspected floribunda, and I got a good look and measurement at the phyllodes. The longest of them measured to be 25cm. Hopefully you two, Spice and r2pi, can give this one more look. I noted about this tree, and several others of simmilar appearance, that that the phyllodes seemed to sprout from the branches quite dramatically, with some even sprouting from the trunk itself.

They were also very firm, a fact that I found out by slapping my girlfriend in the legs with them Razz

Acacia #3:
This acacia's foliage was considerably limp and numerous, the leaves were light in colour and very soft. From my observation, this definitely isn't the same acacia as #1 or #2.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

r2pi
#122 Posted : 8/2/2012 2:06:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hamilton Bardwater wrote:

Acacia #2:
I took some more photos of the suspected floribunda, and I got a good look and measurement at the phyllodes. The longest of them measured to be 25cm. Hopefully you two, Spice and r2pi, can give this one more look.

Sorry but this doesn't look familiar to me at all. Almost reminds me of an Oleander, although the leaves are probably too thin for that. The strong central vein and large leaves/phyllodes are unusual amongst acacias, and as you say the attachment is kind of un-Acacia-like. Could be an Acacia but very unlikely to be a floribunda I would have thought. Flowers will tell you for sure whether or not it's an Acacia.

opi4te
#123 Posted : 8/2/2012 3:01:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings board, guy here from the Philippines. posted here before but lost my password and the email. im guessing this is the same species of Acacia posted in the first page but just to be sure.Smile Found them growing at both sides of this road, in the North-Western part of Zambales, Luzon.

opi4te attached the following image(s):
GEDC7010.JPG (558kb) downloaded 354 time(s).
GEDC7018.JPG (888kb) downloaded 355 time(s).
GEDC7023.JPG (607kb) downloaded 353 time(s).
GEDC7035.JPG (617kb) downloaded 349 time(s).

Untitled
#124 Posted : 8/2/2012 3:18:43 PM

In La Kesh

Smile I've been going through a lot of posts in nexus.me for the last few weeks. After reading the Handbook many times I decided to make some freebase dmt by my own.

I got some root bark which I think is Acacia Confusa. I followed all the said steps and after freezing the solvent for 3days I got a sticky brown stuff which evaporated into nothing after 36-48 hours.

I used 1Kg of Acacia Confusa(not sure) root bark, bottled drinking water, HCL for acid and NaOH as base, and zippo lighter fluid as solvent which didn't leave any residue when evaporated alone. All the measurements were adjusted proportionately for 1Kg root bark.

I am pretty sure I followed everything from Handbook other than Acacia Confusa(not sure) for Mimosa Hostilis.

So I am attaching the images of the leaves and tree from which I got the root bark. Stem was around 30 centimeter diameter. I found the tree near a pond in south India where the temperature ranges from 25-30 degrees.

I really hope someone will help me as I have no clue what went wrong.

EDIT: On further investigation on the internet, I have come to the conclusion that the root bark I used was not of Acacia Confusa but in fact it was of Acacia auriculiformis as can be seen on this link:
http://www.public-domain...low-flower-clusters.html
I also came across a wiki where it was mentioned that the stem bark of the Acacia auriculiformis contains DMT. Can it be extracted from this?

Also, I have a doubt that Mimosa Hostilis is widely available in my region. I will post pictures of the same tomorrow for confirmation. I will try this again next time only after confirming the exact tree. Thanks.
Untitled attached the following image(s):
1.jpg (1,544kb) downloaded 535 time(s).
2.jpg (1,560kb) downloaded 533 time(s).
3.jpg (1,454kb) downloaded 526 time(s).

Untitled
#125 Posted : 8/3/2012 7:04:21 AM

In La Kesh

Does anybody know the DMT, 5-MeO-DMT content in Acacia Auriculiformis? Can somebody tell me whether the given images are of Acacia Auriculiformis?
Untitled attached the following image(s):
3.jpg (1,454kb) downloaded 501 time(s).
2.jpg (1,560kb) downloaded 495 time(s).

nen888
#126 Posted : 8/3/2012 12:17:45 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..re A. auriculiformis alkaloid content see Acacia info thread p.18 here..
and yes, that looks like auriculiformis..for some info on A. confusa, and why it's important not to harvest acacia root bark, see latest Acacia info thread post here..

..a few pages of species to ponder..will try to ID some of the previous ones over the next week..

The Traveler
#127 Posted : 8/3/2012 12:59:15 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

nen888 wrote:
why it's important not to harvest acacia root bark, see latest Acacia info thread post here..

Let me repeat that information to make it perfectly clear for all:

nen888 wrote:
Harvesting of Root Bark Kills Trees

..i have checked a number of suppliers of Acacia confusa bark for Chinese medicine (easy to find) and in all cases they are supplying trunk or stem bark, Not root bark, as (unlike Mimosas) this will kill an Acacia tree..the % alkaloid in stem bark is perfectly good (approx 1.0% average, up to 1.5%, from several reports)..and reliable
..so, while there may have been a higher yielding result in One scientific test of the root bark, this is no reason to use confusa or any species' root bark..

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Untitled
#128 Posted : 8/3/2012 1:48:29 PM

In La Kesh

Thank you both for the reply. Its so nice of you guys to help even the newest strangers :-)
Thank you Administrator(Traveller)

Any Indian trees from which I can definitely/successfully extract some spice?

From here I couldn't get necessary information about Acacia Auriculiformis, other than - it contains 5-MeO-DMT in its stem bark. So my question is - can I extract DMT from Acacia Auriculiformis stem bark by following the Handbook? If its possible then I am more than happy because I have lots of dry Acacia Auriculiformis around my place from which I can collect more than enough bark without hurting a single tree. How much Acacia Auriculiformis do I need for the process if its possible?

nen888
#129 Posted : 8/3/2012 2:08:38 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..here & here, & throw away the 'DMT Handbook'!..this is the DMT-Nexus..[see extraction subforums & Nexus-Wiki]

& thank you Traveler

Untitled
#130 Posted : 8/3/2012 3:51:20 PM

In La Kesh

Thank you nen888 for your support :-)

I am gonna read the links you provided and I will upload photos of the trees, I think is similar/same.

I followed the DMT Handbook because it was easy to get all the materials needed. I read that A/B yields better stuff.

Anyway.. first things first, hope I can find the right tree!

opi4te
#131 Posted : 8/4/2012 4:45:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hello nen, not sure if you've noticed my post on page 6, there are some pictures there of this particular acacia.. just want to verify what species it is.. please help!

Borris
#132 Posted : 8/5/2012 9:40:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This beautiful Acacia plant is a pest and is taking over my city, highways, front yards and bushlands.

I am looking for a positive ID : maybe "Acacia Maidenii" ?

I ask this after my first A/B extraction turned up nothing (fail) and Im looking to blame it on the plant ID ; not my expert chemistry Smile

Borris attached the following image(s):
photo (1).JPG (510kb) downloaded 423 time(s).

Spice Sailor
#133 Posted : 8/7/2012 12:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not Acacia maidenii - The confluent, lower phyllode vein structure and long flower "spikes" lead me to I D that tree as either Acacia concurrens or leiocalyx or an intermediate hybrid form of them.

Please note these trees are not a pest in your city and the apparent "taking over of your city, highways, front yards and bush lands is exactly where they should be growing and in the high numbers you mention.

Due to them being in flower for the last month I assume you have began to notice their abundance more, now that you have your acacia eyes on the lookout.

Discussed many times in the Acacia info thread and this one is that flowering alters / reduces yields of extractions in peoples experience. So that could account for your "failed" attempt not your chem skills.

Spice Sailor

KiwiTraveler
#134 Posted : 8/7/2012 8:09:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all
Have been browsing the forum for quite some time after being drawn to DMT for a while.
I came across this particular Acacia and was thinking it could be Floribunda? Any information would be great.

KiwiTraveler attached the following image(s):
Unknown Acacia 1.jpg (720kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
Unknown Acacia 2.jpg (533kb) downloaded 380 time(s).
Unknown Acacia 3.jpg (607kb) downloaded 374 time(s).
Unknown Acacia 6.jpg (529kb) downloaded 368 time(s).

Spice Sailor
#135 Posted : 8/7/2012 9:54:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey kiwi traveler, floribunda is a good guess but I think the phyllodes width and size make me lean more toward either A.longifolia or A. maidenii. Or again a possible hybrid containing genetics from multiple species, ie floribunda, longifolia and maidenii. (All known to hybridise with each other.)
Where are you approximately located in aus?

KiwiTraveler
#136 Posted : 8/7/2012 10:06:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Spice Sailor wrote:
Hey kiwi traveler, floribunda is a good guess but I think the phyllodes width and size make me lean more toward either A.longifolia or A. maidenii. Or again a possible hybrid containing genetics from multiple species, ie floribunda, longifolia and maidenii. (All known to hybridise with each other.)
Where are you approximately located in aus?

Hi Spice Sailor
Thanks for the reply, im located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, i can also get a picture of one of the phyllodes if that will make it easier?

BotanicalTripper
#137 Posted : 8/7/2012 12:39:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey All,

In reference to my last post and stripping bark from trees, that was actually as a result of childred climing / playing in the tree.

I have a few more specimens i'd love peopls opinions on. There are soo many in the local park its not funny.

Please see pictures for more

BotanicalTripper attached the following image(s):
IMG_1892.JPG (357kb) downloaded 345 time(s).
IMG_1897.JPG (302kb) downloaded 338 time(s).
IMG_1900.JPG (427kb) downloaded 337 time(s).
IMG_1903.JPG (219kb) downloaded 336 time(s).
IMG_1906.JPG (198kb) downloaded 329 time(s).
IMG_1882.JPG (220kb) downloaded 333 time(s).

r2pi
#138 Posted : 8/8/2012 8:14:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My guess for the last two would be A. sophorae (A. longifolia ssp. sophorae) but hard to say from pics. If in a coastal area that would increase confidence.

BotanicalTripper
#139 Posted : 8/8/2012 11:54:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

r2pi wrote:
My guess for the last two would be A. sophorae (A. longifolia ssp. sophorae) but hard to say from pics. If in a coastal area that would increase confidence.

Northern Suburbs of Melbourne.

r2pi
#140 Posted : 8/8/2012 1:18:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

BotanicalTripper wrote:
r2pi wrote:

Northern Suburbs of Melbourne.

Could be A. longifolia but phyllodes look a bit broad and blunt to me, suggesting sophorae. In that area though I'm guessing they would be cultivated, not wild, so anything is possible. A. sophorae only grows low and almost prostrate (1-3 m) but with planted ones you never know how old they are so it's hard to tell.

«PREV56789NEXT»