We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV910111213NEXT»
Acacia and Mimosa Identification Thread Options

Borris
#201 Posted : 9/19/2012 11:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any comments on the pic would great..
It's of a young plant but is representative of the grove (didn't want to get ladder)

phyllodes have irregular edges
No seed pods visible
pic taken on border of QLD / NSW
1 or 2 trees have the beginnings of small spikes.

peace
Borris attached the following image(s):
Original Pic 1.JPG (1,600kb) downloaded 221 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acacian
#202 Posted : 9/20/2012 1:37:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting acacia borris... acacia obtusifolia came to mind but i can't tell from that image...

nen.. hurry up and get yo ass in this thread we need your expertise! Cool

Spice Sailor
#203 Posted : 9/20/2012 9:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey borris that could be obtusifolia, subtropical sub species. Generally only grow around the NSW/QLD boarder on high mountains in undisturbed rainforest and national parks. (An absolute no go for wild harvesting due to limited populations and slow growth rates).

I only know of one reference to "M" testing the sub species back in the 90's, which I read in the Acacia info thread. (Somewhere in there, search obtusifolia as keyword.)
From what I remember said person got 0.1 % assumed DMT, was pretty variable depending on season, phyllodes sometimes pointy like maidenii, but more coriaceous, (leathery) like obtusifolia. But not as coriaceous as "straight" obtusifolia found further south in Nsw and northern Vic.

Spice Sailor

hjc
#204 Posted : 9/22/2012 7:48:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I've been looking around to try and match up this acacia to a specific genus and I believe I've narrowed it down to Acacia Obtusifolia (although the leaves look too thick). So I figured DMT Nexus's combined knowledge would be very accessible and helpful! I found this in a park near Brisbane city.

Many thanks!

Spice Sailor
#205 Posted : 9/22/2012 8:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Hjc, welcome to the nexus. What you have in the photo is either Acacia concurrens, or leiocalyx. A positive report from researcher "JJ" of (approx 0.3 %). Needs more experiments though. If you would be so kind, you should find a tree with pods that have opened and perform a A/B tek on some phyllodes/twigs and or bark from thin branches.

Spice sailor

hjc
#206 Posted : 9/22/2012 8:43:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Spice Sailor wrote:
Hey Hjc, welcome to the nexus. What you have in the photo is either Acacia concurrens, or leiocalyx. Few positive reports of extractions (approx 0.3 %) and successful use in Ayah's. (by Seldom) Needs more experiments though. If you would be so kind, you should find a tree with pods that have opened and perform a A/B tek on some phyllodes/twigs and or stem/branch bark.

Spice sailor

Thanks Sailor. I originally planned on doing an A/B extraction so in that case, I would be very happy to provide a report.

Borris
#207 Posted : 9/23/2012 4:46:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spice Sailor wrote:
Hey borris that could be obtusifolia, subtropical sub species. Generally only grow around the NSW/QLD boarder on high mountains in undisturbed rainforest and national parks. (An absolute no go for wild harvesting due to limited populations and slow growth rates).

I only know of one reference to "M" testing the sub species back in the 90's, which I read in the Acacia info thread. (Somewhere in there, search obtusifolia as keyword.)
From what I remember said person got 0.1 % assumed DMT, was pretty variable depending on season, phyllodes sometimes pointy like maidenii, but more coriaceous, (leathery) like obtusifolia. But not as coriaceous as "straight" obtusifolia found further south in Nsw and northern Vic.

Spice Sailor

Thanks Sailor
That habitat niche sounds accurate and given the lack of quickly found info on any Obtusifolia subspecies probably suggests geographical rarity.

wearepeople
#208 Posted : 9/23/2012 9:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nexians in the South West US:

I found this little Jem:
http://www.pollenlibrary.com/Genus/Acacia/
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Seldom
#209 Posted : 9/25/2012 1:26:07 AM

Wiradjuri

Spice Sailor wrote:
Hey Hjc, welcome to the nexus. What you have in the photo is either Acacia concurrens, or leiocalyx. Few positive reports of extractions (approx 0.3 %) and successful use in Ayah's. (by Seldom) Needs more experiments though.

Spice sailor

just to be clear that was a gift to me from 2 people i met a few months ago in the form of a capped black resin to be taken with extracted harmalas. dosage was too high, and i wouldn't call it 'successful' per se. i have only the word of the people who gave it to me for veracity of the id.

acacian
#210 Posted : 9/25/2012 9:11:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anybody got an idea on the floribunda/maidenii looking tree i posted on page 10?

acacian
#211 Posted : 9/25/2012 9:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seldom wrote:
Spice Sailor wrote:
Hey Hjc, welcome to the nexus. What you have in the photo is either Acacia concurrens, or leiocalyx. Few positive reports of extractions (approx 0.3 %) and successful use in Ayah's. (by Seldom) Needs more experiments though.

Spice sailor

just to be clear that was a gift to me from 2 people i met a few months ago in the form of a capped black resin to be taken with extracted harmalas. dosage was too high, and i wouldn't call it 'successful' per se. i have only the word of the people who gave it to me for veracity of the id.

what were the effects?

Seldom
#212 Posted : 9/25/2012 10:44:16 AM

Wiradjuri

involuntary screams, strong sensation of drowning, fear of having died, seeing my life through the eyes of my corpse, etc etc..

acacian
#213 Posted : 9/25/2012 11:03:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seldom wrote:
involuntary screams, strong sensation of drowning, fear of having died, seeing my life through the eyes of my corpse, etc etc..

oh.... those kind of effects Surprised
sounds hectic beyond belief mate

Spice Sailor
#214 Posted : 9/25/2012 11:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufotenin? Or 5-MeO Maybe? I think I'll edit that part about a successful ayah, doesn't sound particularly "desirable".

hjc
#215 Posted : 9/26/2012 12:38:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Seldom wrote:

Thanks for posting that, that doesn't really sound desirable at all. I'm probably going to move on to another source I don't think I'd be able to handle those effects quite well. However I may do an A/B tek on it for practice + to verify yield %.

Borris
#216 Posted : 9/28/2012 1:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yikes Selsom :S that's going to scare people away from a. Leiocalyx.
3rd hand knowledge on plant ID is understandable but could the procurement of the 'capped black resin' have played a part in your negative experience?

PS Sailor you must have a memory of steel as I don't find any of those references you mention; probably due to the age of reports Smile

Stainer
#217 Posted : 9/30/2012 3:26:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, i have a question that would help me a lot while looking, do all the acacias have thorns? meaning if no thorns exist that it is not an acacia ?? i have also found that most acacias have yellow flowers but my knowledge about plants is limited and i can't find much flowered plants.. anywhere take a look for what i have found and guide me (these plant was found in Egypt and the pods are very large)

acacian
#218 Posted : 9/30/2012 4:26:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey there strainer Smile
no, not all acacia's have thorns. in fact very few australian ones do have thorns.... the yellow flowers are a common attribute to the acacia, especially in australia, though I'm not sure if all of them. acacia trees do not have leaves, but instead, phyllodes which are extensions of the stem

i'm sorry that i can't help with the acacia in your photo.. it looks like it could be a mimosa of some kind I really can't say.. i know that there are a few genus's of plants with the similar bippinate structured phyllodes

good luck!

also.. good thing to remember is that very little research overall has been done on the alkaloids of acacia trees.. so theres bound to be many more candidates out there! reports of both successful and unsuccessful findings are also much appreciated

nen888
#219 Posted : 10/3/2012 5:07:06 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Seldom wrote:
Quote:

SpiceSailor wrote:
Quote:
Bufotenin? Or 5-MeO Maybe? I think I'll edit that part about a successful ayah, doesn't sound particularly "desirable".

hjc wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting that, that doesn't really sound desirable at all. I'm probably going to move on to another source I don't think I'd be able to handle those effects quite well. However I may do an A/B tek on it for practice + to verify yield %.

..doesn't have to involve 5meo of bufotenine to do that..just strong dmt (particularly with ayahuasca) can do that in certain contexts..remember, a few people have actually really physically died on ayahuasca (not smoked dmt, though)
..this is usually due to nicotine or cocaine overdose potentiated by MAOIs, or unsupervised accidents..this is why sometimes responsible real shamans (the not-so money orientated kind) or sitters are a good idea..

also, re other sources, don't forget that Acacia obtusifolia has had both 5meo and/or bufotenine in a few examples or seasons..and A. maidenii has one report 5meo in core wood..
5meo..the trip to the void/light..beyond death or ordinary recall..not for everyone..better to be physically fit and spiritual IMO..
N.B. 5meo is an MAOI when smoked, so diet very important..
and Bufotenine can be quite healing actually..search out some of jamie's work with nufotenine on the nexus..

sc001
#220 Posted : 10/3/2012 3:12:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

«PREV910111213NEXT»