We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Psychedemia: A Psychedelic Conference in Pennsylvania, September 2012 Options

naepius
#41 Posted : 8/13/2012 5:38:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking into getting a Friday pass for this event Smile

Might just have to take another poster's idea of integrating my avatar into a t-shirt to wear Cool

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

timothydeez
#42 Posted : 8/14/2012 7:03:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks amazing. I will definitely attend, assuming I am able to get off of work.
Inward Outing Enthusiast.

vardlokkur
#43 Posted : 8/15/2012 3:46:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i hope to make it if tix don't sell out anytime before september. will check back here later for roll-call., and to make sure i request off work for a few days (which i'll gladly be able to explain is for an academic conference) Razz
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

SnozzleBerry
#44 Posted : 9/6/2012 6:26:53 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The Program Guide for the conference is now available in PDF form, for those undecided or those who want to get a heads up on what to expect.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

The Gnome
#45 Posted : 9/7/2012 10:36:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this conference is right up my alleyBig grin There was a similar one in NYC that I missed a few years back... But the night before the conference, I had the honor of meeting Rick Doblin, Sasha+Ann Shulgin, Alex Grey and a few other big names in the psychedelic front lines. It's AMAZING to talk to and meet like-minded people... especially in this type of atmosphere where everyone is free to have intelligent conversations about psychedelics without being judged or looked down upon. I would love to go but it's gonna be tough this month. I know I'm a stranger in the Nexus forums, but have acknowledged and made use of the therapeutic and spiritual benefits of psychedelics for over ten years now. If I do somehow end up coming, I will definitely introduce myself, and hopefully be a stranger no moreSmile I hope everyone who has a chance to go does, because they are a LOT of fun.

ps- I couldn't find prices of tickets, does anyone know the cost?

SnozzleBerry
#46 Posted : 9/7/2012 1:21:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The registration page says:
Three-day conference pass: $120
Friday only: $50
Saturday only: $60
Sunday only: $40
Two Day Conference Pass: $85
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

The Gnome
#47 Posted : 9/7/2012 11:14:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ahh.. too poor this month Smile

SnozzleBerry
#48 Posted : 9/7/2012 11:25:22 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Fwiw, the packet says that Saturday's poster session is open for free to the public Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Rivea
#49 Posted : 9/9/2012 7:06:37 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I just signed up to attend on Saturday. I look forward to it and meeting some interesting people. Hopefully I'll be meeting some folks from here too.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

CatholicPsychonaut
#50 Posted : 9/15/2012 1:42:29 AM

"Nature loves courage"

I keep wondering how to safely self-identify at an event like this... I can't possibly imagine that there isn't law enforcement monitoring of this website, just waiting for someone to give up some info on personal identification... If we broadcast our plans to id each other at the conference, aren't we id'ing ourselves to the law enforcement that will very likely be there...
"Christians often ask why God does not speak to them, as they believed God did in former days. When I hear such questions, it always makes me think of the Rabbi who was asked how it could be that God was manifest to people in the olden days whereas nowadays nobody ever sees God. The rabbi replied, 'Nowadays there is no longer anybody who can bow low enough.'"
--Carl Jung

SnozzleBerry
#51 Posted : 9/15/2012 2:12:44 AM

omnia sunt communia!

You can identify yourself as a Nexian without stating

1) Who you are on the Nexus
2) Who you are in real life

The first one is optional, imo.

The second one shouldn't even be a question...there is NO reason (at least that I can see) to give your full name, real name, contact information or any other personal information to someone who you don't know. If someone is asking personal questions that they have no business asking and something seems off, tell other people.

Here's an article on security culture, as applied to political organizing, but there are relevant sections for those within the entheogenic community as well. Here are three of the main takeaways that bear relevance for the conference...

Quote:
The central principle of all security culture, the point that cannot be emphasized enough, is that people should never be privy to any sensitive information they do not need to know.

The greater the number of people who know something that can put individuals or projects at risk—whether that something be the identity of a person who committed an illegal act, the location of a private meeting, or a plan for future activity—the more chance there is of the knowledge getting into the wrong hands. Sharing such information with people who do not need it does them a disservice as well as the ones it puts at risk: it places them in the uncomfortable situation of being able to mess up other people’s lives with a single misstep. If they are interrogated, for example, they will have something to hide, rather than being able to honestly claim ignorance.

Don’t ask, don’t tell.

Don’t ask others to share confidential information you don’t need to know. Don’t brag about illegal things you or others have done, or mention things that are going to happen or might happen, or even refer to another person’s interest in being involved in such activities. Stay aware whenever you speak; don’t let chance allusions drop out thoughtlessly.

You can say no at any time to anyone about anything.

Don’t answer any questions you don’t want to—not just with police officers, but also with other activists and even close friends: if there’s something you don’t feel safe sharing, don’t. This also means being comfortable with others not answering questions: if there’s a conversation they want to keep to themselves, or they ask you not to be part of a meeting or project, you shouldn’t take this personally—it’s for everyone’s good that they’re free to do so. Likewise, don’t participate in any projects you don’t feel good about, or collaborate with anyone you feel ill at ease with, or ignore your gut feeling in any situation; if something goes wrong and you get into trouble, you don’t want to have any regrets. You’re responsible for not letting anyone talk you into taking risks you’re not ready for.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

#52 Posted : 9/15/2012 2:28:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Im not too far from there. I 'might' try to attend with my girlfriend if she can get off work. Thumbs up

CatholicPsychonaut
#53 Posted : 9/15/2012 1:31:09 PM

"Nature loves courage"

Good advice, snozzleberry! Thanks!
"Christians often ask why God does not speak to them, as they believed God did in former days. When I hear such questions, it always makes me think of the Rabbi who was asked how it could be that God was manifest to people in the olden days whereas nowadays nobody ever sees God. The rabbi replied, 'Nowadays there is no longer anybody who can bow low enough.'"
--Carl Jung

Pup Tentacle
#54 Posted : 9/18/2012 6:28:42 PM

lettuce

Having to hide identities is a bummer but obviously necessary.

It IS neat to know that regardless of knowing who is who, some of us will meet each other anyway... never even knowing for sure... that's kind of cool.

I will see you all there.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

CatholicPsychonaut
#55 Posted : 9/23/2012 1:21:23 PM

"Nature loves courage"

Only a small handfull of nexians have posted here that they're attnding. Let's get a headcount. How many people from here will REALLY be there so we can play the guessing game.
--Carl Jung

hydrocarbon
#56 Posted : 9/24/2012 11:30:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately didn't get off my ass and pre-register in time (closed as of Friday) so I am going to roll the dice and make the 8 hour drive to Philly with the hopes of not showing up empty handed to a sold out conference. Planning on Saturday/Sunday.
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.

CatholicPsychonaut
#57 Posted : 9/27/2012 7:49:57 PM

"Nature loves courage"

Almost there! Can't wait to see whom I see!
--Carl Jung

Pup Tentacle
#58 Posted : 9/28/2012 11:45:03 AM

lettuce

Definitely seems like its going to be good. I'm here and I sure hope I meet some of you whether you know it or not Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

CatholicPsychonaut
#59 Posted : 9/29/2012 3:42:41 PM

"Nature loves courage"

Pup Tentacle wrote:
Definitely seems like its going to be good. I'm here and I sure hope I meet some of you whether you know it or not Smile

Pup, feel free to add your thoughts to my "live blog"thread. More perspectives are always better than less
--Carl Jung

PREV123