We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Voacangine conversion to ibogaine Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 1/21/2009 7:04:00 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

this tree v.africana grows in abundance around where swim stays - swim has many seeds and has dreamed of eating 80 with noticible but slight fx.
Swim would really like to know if it is that easy to convert ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 1/21/2009 5:46:58 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Just get an Iboga plant. It looks like Coffea or Psychotria... not suspious at all.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 1/21/2009 7:36:43 PM

Teotzlcoatl

If you want to have tons of root bark all the time, yes you will have to grow alot. If you just want some root bark every now and then... you'll only need a few plants.

It grows just fine indoors once it's past the seedling stage.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Mrs. Gerry
#4 Posted : 1/21/2009 7:51:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hunter S. Thompson: "Jesus, nobody running for president would dare touch a thing like ibobaine. Maybe. I would, but no normal politician. It would turn his brains to jelly. He'd have to be locked up."
On presidential candidate Muskie.
Everything you see here has been regurgitated from watching television.
Nothing is of absolute truth.

69ron
#5 Posted : 1/22/2009 12:05:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Found this on the net:
Quote:
This patent goes on to explain how to turn voacangine into ibogaine by
treating it with potassium hydroxide in boiling alcohol, followed by
warming it with dilute acid.

Voacangine comes from the african tree Voacanga africana.

Since ibogaine and tabernanthe iboga is quite expensive, perhaps it would be an idea to convert voacangine into ibogaine?

Ibogaine is a pretty rough experience, but I have read that it is great in low doses as a therapeutic aid. Supposedly can give insightful dreams. And this is with doses 10 times lower than a hallucinogenic dose.

Hopefully someone on this forum could try it out. Not quite sure how to separate it from the rest of the alkaloids etc. in voacanga africana though.

Has anyone tried this conversion yet? I’m quite interested in this.

Also, what is pure voacangine like? It is at all hallucinogenic?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 1/22/2009 2:34:51 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Ibogine is mentioned in "Fear & Loathing in Los Vegas"?

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 1/22/2009 7:43:50 AM

The Root

swim tried voacanga seeds - first time 50 seeds second time 80 seeds - slight visuals were noted, no bad side fx - it only lasted an hour or so but deffinately not placebo.

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#8 Posted : 1/22/2009 9:08:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
swim tried voacanga seeds - first time 50 seeds second time 80 seeds - slight visuals were noted, no bad side fx - it only lasted an hour or so but deffinately not placebo.

That sounds promising. SWIM has some voacanga seeds but has been nervous to try them. And Dagger explains why:

Dagger wrote:
The problem I have seen from reading a few reports is that several of the people trying voacanga seeds got excrutiating stomach pains. Not sure what compounds in the voacanga seeds that caused it. The root bark also contains voacangine, but does not seem to be used as much.

You can read about experiences with it here:
http://www.erowid.org/ex..._Voacanga_africana.shtml

Intense stomach pains...I’ve read that before...SWIM doesn’t fancy that.

So Phlux, was any special preparation done on the seeds to help prevent the stomach pain?

Is there anyway to remove the toxins or is voacangine itself the toxin causing the stomach pain?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#9 Posted : 1/22/2009 9:57:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Here is a link about converting voacangine to ibogaine. Several examples etc.
http://www.puzzlepiece.org/ibogaine/110797a.html

Those methods are of little use to the average person.

Is, voacangine that much worse than ibogaine? What is the advantage of ibogaine over voacangine?

The reports on Erowid of V. africana are a mixed bag. Some people experience toxic effects (stomach pain, nausea, tight chest, etc.) and little else, others experience stimulant effects, others experience mild psychedelic effects (visual distortions, emotional effects, etc.). Not all the reports consist of negative side effects. I wonder what the reason for that is.

Are there different varieties of these seeds, some toxic, some more psychedelic?

There must be a way to remove the toxins. If only I knew what they were.

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 1/22/2009 11:44:47 AM

The Root

swim just chewed them up and swallowed them, no prep. the seeds were harvested by hand from local trees of this spp in the area - they were fresh too - swim just dried them in the windowsill. one thing that may be the cause is how they were harvested - swim has heard of some ppl harvesting the fruit while they are still closed and unripe - splitting them open and drying the seeds and pulp then separating them - swims batches he tried were ripe - the fruit had split - swim has a batch from fruit that were unripe - they have been sitting in swims cupboard for about 3 months now. swim has not tested this plant further. swim never experienced any nausea from them - slight stimulation and visual fx - mindset was mostly unchanged except perhaps for mild euphoria, but that could just have been from the excitement that comes with trying new plants. Perhaps when swim has some time he will test 50 seeds from the new batch - if no nausea is felt then swim will go for 80 or even 100.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 1/22/2009 11:51:24 AM

The Root

that tek is not an easy one - anyone else with great chem knowledge got any ideas for a conversion to ibogaine - or something more active then voacangine ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

rOm
#12 Posted : 7/26/2011 9:59:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anything new ?!
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:09:09 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I'm interested.

If its really that simple, that's awesome.

Id be glad to attempt this, extraction of vocangine shouldn't be too hard at all

Vocanaga seeds are much cheaper then iboga bark, but then i'm not sure of the yields, so unless you can get them for free, it might not be cost effective at all.

If I have the time, I might order the seeds and give it a try, but ill probably order some iboga also just in case Wink
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:17:26 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I have large amounts of voacanga rootbark on hand as well as large amounts of extracted voacangine (fumerate, hcl, and freebase). If someone could clarify the process in an easy to follow kitchen chem tek format for me I'd be moar than happy to do the experimentation. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

rOm
#15 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:23:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah we need to unlock this mistery.
We need more ibogaine healing !!!
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ouro
#16 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

According to Chris Jenks, a professional chemist who has worked with ibogaine extensively, the voacangine must be isolated from the other alkaloids for the conversion to work. He found no simple way to do this. After the voacangine is isolated the procedure is fairly simple; heat the voacangine in KOH solution, then acidify with HCl. Dreamer, do you have voacangine fumerates, or voacanga TA fumerates?

dreamer042
#17 Posted : 7/26/2011 7:31:55 PM

Dreamoar

TA I'd assume. Limtek extraction salted to fumerate for one batch and hcl for another. Half of the fumerates were converted to freebase, drytek with sodium carb and annhydrous acetone. If anyone knows how I can purify I'll be happy to give that a go I got hcl and I can run down and grab some KOH.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 7/26/2011 10:36:53 PM

Dreamoar

How to they isolate Ibogaine from TA/root? One would assume the same procedure would work to isolate Voacangine from voa TA/root. Apologies for not just doing the research for myself, I will when I get the chance, but if someone knows off the top of their head that would be awesome!

ouro
#19 Posted : 7/26/2011 10:56:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ibogaine is often isolated with a little bit of residual ibogamine by dissolving PTA freebase in acetone and adding conc. hcl to precip ibogaine hcl. Ibogaline and the other most abundant alkaloids are more soluble in hcl form in acetone.

According to Chris Jenks, voacanga rootbark has about 10 percent alkaloid content, of which only 3 percent is actually voacangine.

Best to source some iboga root bark imo.

dreamer042
#20 Posted : 7/26/2011 11:04:55 PM

Dreamoar

Thanks!

Rather unfortunate this is not a workable method :/ I've been trying to find a useful purpose for this voacanga for ages. Guess I'll just have to make some arrow poison or something with it Razz

12NEXT