We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
The Acacia Confusa thread Options

nen888
#21 Posted : 11/25/2012 2:09:56 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..thanks monk..on behalf of the other contributors too..and thanks Thoughtful Tree!
hey jamie, got any more pics of your babies..?Smile

below photos of 台湾相思 growing in 1) a park in China. & 2) in the Phillipines (i know there's a few nexians thereSmile)
nen888 attached the following image(s):
Zhuhai-Seaside_park-Acacia_confusa._Merr..jpg (3,059kb) downloaded 845 time(s).
4151589196_55070de966_z.jpg (164kb) downloaded 847 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#22 Posted : 3/20/2013 4:54:56 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..bumping this thread due to increased interest in the species..

on p.49 of the Acacia info thread i posted, from a Chinese blog on Acacia confusa:
(and excuse odd bits of the translation..!)
Quote:
产地:中国台湾南部地区
类别:常绿乔木
相思树目前在全世界一共有1200多种。除了欧洲和南极以外,各大州都有分布,其中在澳大利亚最多,大约有800多种,其次为亚洲,大约有150种,在我们国家只有台湾相思一种。现在中国种植的相思树都是从国外引进的,属于三级保护植物,大多生长在长江以南,分布也比较广。
相思树的枝叶细致紧密。如同一团团绿色的云朵。金黄色的花朵就像夕阳余晖下的云彩。其实相思树不仅有绚丽的外表。它的木材质地非常坚硬。常常被用来做各种家具、胶合板以及铁道枕木,还可以造纸。另外,相思树的树皮可提取栲胶。树叶可做饲料。树根可作染料,是不可多得的集经济效益和生态效益于一身的优良树种。
台湾相思 - 历史传说
相传为战国宋康王的舍人韩凭和他的妻子何氏所化生。据晋干宝《搜神记》卷十一载宋康王舍人韩凭妻何氏貌美康王夺之并囚凭。凭自杀何投台而死遗书愿以尸骨赐凭合葬。王怒弗听使里人埋之两坟相望。不久二冢之端各生大梓木屈体相就根交于下枝错于上。又有鸳鸯雌雄各一常栖树上交颈悲鸣。宋人哀之遂号其木曰“相思树”。后因以象征忠贞不渝的爱情。
台湾相思 - 分布范围
原产中国台湾,遍布全岛平原、丘陵低山地区,菲律宾也有分布。广东、海南、广西、福建、云南和江西等省(自治区)的热带和亚热带地区均有栽培。其水平分布,在北纬25°-26°以南生长正常;垂直分布,则因纬度而异,在海南热带地区可栽至海拔800米以上,而纬度较高的地区一般只在海拔200-300米以下的低地栽植。

..which reads:
Quote:
Place of Origin: China Taiwan southern
Category: evergreen tree
Taiwan acacia present in the world, a total of 1,200 species. Except Europe and Antarctica, the major states are distributed, which is the largest in Australia about 800 species, followed by Asia, about 150, only in our country Acacia a. China planted acacia are imported from abroad, belonging to three protected plants, mostly grown in the south of the Yangtze River, the broad distribution.
The acacia foliage detailed closely. As a round green clouds. Golden yellow flowers like clouds in the sunset glow. In fact, Taiwan acacia is not only a brilliant appearance. It's very hard wood texture. Often used to do all kinds of furniture, plywood and railway sleepers, can also be paper. In addition, Taiwan acacia bark extract tannin extract. Leaves do feed. The roots for dye, is a rare fine species of economic and ecological benefits in one.
Acacia - historical legend
According to legend, as the Warring States Period Song Kangwang Scheeren Han Ping and his wife Ho metaplasia. According to Jenkin Bao "Immortals" Juan Shiyi contained the Song Kangwang Scheeren Korea with wife of Ho and beautiful Kangwang wins and prisoners with. Died with suicide He cast the testament is willing to the bones give with buried. The wrath of the king listen and Azeri buried the two graves sea. The the end Johnson Catalpa pike phase near two mass graves on the root cross in the lower limbs wrong on. Yuanyang there are male and female each one often roost tree cross neck lament. Song sorrow then No. Wood said, "Taiwan acacia. After a symbol of faithful love."
Acacia - distribution
Origin China Taiwan and throughout the island plains, hilly low mountain region, the Philippines has distributed. Tropical and subtropical regions of Guangdong, Hainan, Guangxi, Fujian, Yunnan and Jiangxi provinces (autonomous regions) are cultivated. Horizontal distribution and growth of normal in the south of latitude 25 ° -26 °; vertical distribution due to latitude, can be planted in the tropical regions of Hainan to 800 meters above sea level, while the higher latitudes generally at an altitude of 200-300 meters below the lowland planting.

note also that in many if not most cases medicinal suppliers would be using trunk/branch bark (content still high), as root-bark harvesting will kill the tree, and this is no good for the plantations' sustainability..reports of hawaiian material should be treated with caution..mis-ID is possible..

being rarer in the wild in asia now, plantation (see photo below) is where most sources of this tree come from..thankfully..
nen888 attached the following image(s):
confusa in plantation, china.jpg (32kb) downloaded 734 time(s).

Hieronymous
#23 Posted : 3/21/2013 1:40:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a few pics of my baby confusas.

It's a poor colour rendition, they look a a bit yellow in the pics they actually have a deep green colour with a hint of purple (anthocynanins). Sorry for the crappy pics I took them with my phone.

The plants in the pot behind them are A. acuminata and you can just make out a few of my simplicifolias behind that. The other plants are ephedras and a Delosperma
Hieronymous attached the following image(s):
confusa.jpg (252kb) downloaded 715 time(s).
confusa1.jpg (202kb) downloaded 710 time(s).

nen888
#24 Posted : 3/22/2013 2:39:05 AM
member for the trees

..hey, they're real cute! Smile (and healthy looking)..thanks for posting Hieronymous..

boogerz
#25 Posted : 4/22/2013 6:47:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

boogerz attached the following image(s):
confusa1.JPG (298kb) downloaded 655 time(s).
confusa2.JPG (259kb) downloaded 650 time(s).
confusa3.JPG (100kb) downloaded 649 time(s).

nen888
#26 Posted : 6/13/2013 11:05:37 AM
member for the trees

^..good photos boogerz..really show the character of the tree..
only just noticed you'd posted these..

and good to bump this thread given the attention the 'Lovesickness' tree now receives..

harvesters..please treat her kindly..

stoneyone
#27 Posted : 7/28/2013 1:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If one was to harvest trunk and branch bark how would you do it? Tools? It's the inner bark right, not the outer stuff that flakes off?

nen888
#28 Posted : 7/28/2013 6:23:22 AM
member for the trees

^..pruning branches is not particularly harmful to the plant, and in the case of larger branches is equivalent to trunk bark..once you're growing trees you realise this is the best option, if you want it to grow more healthy material next year..
taking anything but small amounts of trunk bark will harm (and if excessive leave the tree to a slow death)
the ideal situation for trunk bark is if a tree has fallen down in a storm..
while it is the inner layer, there is no point fussing about trying to separate it from the outer layer..too much effort..

and while you're at it, don't ignore the phyllodes..there have been some good reports about them..

long live the Acacia of Faithful Love
___________忠貞不渝的愛情的相思
<3

stoneyone
#29 Posted : 7/31/2013 11:46:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that ideal situation you mentioned of a storm blown tree came true. Tropical storm flossie blew down a few trees. A large old koa being one of them. roots and all. Where to start?

endlessness
#30 Posted : 8/7/2013 12:02:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the awesome threads here in the nexus Smile

Hey nen, I see a lot of the oral acacia confusa attempts talk about tablespoon amounts. If they measured with normal spoon instead of with measuring spoons, it might be a big quantity, like 10+ grams. So people talking about 1.5-5tbsp could be ingesting 15-50+ grams. Funny that it is similar to mimosa's oral activity range, BUT, big difference is that acacia seems active even with brew instead of just cold soak, like mimosa. So it must be different compound/s.

I think we need to explore more about acacia confusa's oral activity.

I'm gonna look again at past tests and maybe do some more, would be interesting Smile

nen888
#31 Posted : 8/7/2013 9:21:08 AM
member for the trees

..yes it's fascinating and warrants further study..
the only candidates based on tests i can think of for A. confusa oral activity are either:
2-MethyltetraHydroBetacarboline (2MTHBC) if it somehow had activity in very small amounts (you found it at 1% of total stem bark alkaloid endlessness Smile ) ..
or, more plausible to me, Flavonoids/Phenolics (which have been found in previous tests in the plant) are allowing MAOI activity..see p1 this post for link on findings of Catechins in the twig and stem..

btw, cold-soaks of Mimosa hostilis exhibit a more purple colour (which is the colour of Yuremamine - see Complex Indole Alkaloids from plants thread) which is absent from heated preparations..

incidentally, i'd really love to spend some time in Taiwan..

..looks beautiful..

and, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the Northern Phillipines, which is considered by botanists now to be where Acacia confusa is originally native to..

endlessness
#32 Posted : 8/15/2013 5:11:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful Smile

btw did anybody extract confusa with FASA/FASI methods already? Im wondering if NMT precipitates like DMT....

By the way nen, didn't you say NMT is orally active by itself? so maybe the whole acacia confusa oral activity is simply NMT?

arcologist
#33 Posted : 8/15/2013 11:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have some ACRB on the way, I may try FASA on it to see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll try bubbling CO2 through a NP solvent solution to precipitate NMT carbamate. I'll update with results when finished.

nen888
#34 Posted : 8/16/2013 5:28:45 AM
member for the trees

endlessness wrote:
beautiful Smile

btw did anybody extract confusa with FASA/FASI methods already? Im wondering if NMT precipitates like DMT....

By the way nen, didn't you say NMT is orally active by itself? so maybe the whole acacia confusa oral activity is simply NMT?

..NMT is not apparently active orally without MAOIs..this was stated in the literature from years ago (though no attempts at smoking reported pre-2011 ) and i have also tried this once to confirm..so it can't be the NMT..

look forward to your experiment arcologist..

boogerz
#35 Posted : 8/27/2013 11:42:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

boogerz attached the following image(s):
confusa1.JPG (130kb) downloaded 400 time(s).
confusa2.JPG (118kb) downloaded 400 time(s).

Nathanial.Dread
#36 Posted : 8/30/2013 5:50:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have heard tell that oral Acacia Confusa lacks some of the spirituality and meaningfulness of more traditional ayahuasca brews.

Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Perhaps it is the presence of NMT?
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

nen888
#37 Posted : 8/30/2013 5:55:49 AM
member for the trees

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I have heard tell that oral Acacia Confusa lacks some of the spirituality and meaningfulness of more traditional ayahuasca brews.

..i have heard and would say the opposite..but there are different teachers for different people..
some would say the nmt adds more..

but beware ayahuasca 'traditionalists'..theirs is a very narrow view..
the amazon is just one place in the world..
and chacruna is just one kind of teacher..
i suspect people who would declare one plant source less 'spiritual' than another may not be truly seeing the 'spiritual', and sometimes lack experience with different plant teachers..

acacian
#38 Posted : 8/30/2013 6:25:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

..i have heard and would say the opposite..but there are different teachers for different people..

i suspect people who would declare one plant source less 'spiritual' than another have some deep blocks in their own spirituality, and experience with different plant teachers..

very well said..

Nathanial.Dread
#39 Posted : 8/30/2013 7:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
nen888 wrote:
Nathanial.Dread wrote:

i suspect people who would declare one plant source less 'spiritual' than another have some deep blocks in their own spirituality, and experience with different plant teachers..

very well said..

Cheers, guys, thank you both.

Since you seem to be so knowledgeable: does ACRB degrade or go bad? Obviously I'm goes to get as dark and cool a place for it as I can, but is it like, say, HBWR which loose their punch unless refrigerated?
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

acacian
#40 Posted : 8/30/2013 8:12:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no experience in keeping bark for a long time with confusa as I extracted mine shortly after receiving it.. but dmt salt is very stable and will store very well in the conditions you mentioned.. keep it in a good airtight bag in a cool dry place and I reckon it will last years

PREV1234NEXT»