We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Favorite ingestion method Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 4/19/2012 1:38:38 PM

lettuce

Ok, so I'm planning on fungusizing my mind this weekend and I'm curious what everyone's favorite way of getting them down is. Mine it to slather a slice of nice wheat bread with either lots of spicey mustard or lots of honey, plop the fungi right in there, fold it up, and much it all down.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tetra
#2 Posted : 4/19/2012 1:46:20 PM

BaconBerry

I grind the mushrooms to powder and put 'em in capsules, just like syrian rue.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

vardlokkur
#3 Posted : 4/19/2012 1:54:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I prefer to just nom on them. Cubensis are tasty at first for me. Once the taste is too saturated and rich to be pleasant I finish what I'm chewing. The way it starts is usually the way it progresses, so I try to keep it pleasant and willing. Still want to try smoking some, I've read so many conflicting debates concerning smoked psilocybin.
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

Shamasi Wiz
#4 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:02:09 PM

kissing stars, pissing lightning, dancing upside down

vardlokkur wrote:
I prefer to just nom on them.

Same here. As long as they're fairly fresh, then they taste just fine. I've even sipped a little bit of lemon water and kept them in my mouth a while, trying to do some sublingual absorption, which did seem to make the effects start up quicker and stronger. Plus, I think there's a lot of value in munching them on a pretty empty stomach, so I never really eat anything with them.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:26:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fresh, I can eat easily and find it ok to digest and all. Dry, I can eat and all but I find it gives me much nausea, harder to digest. If its dry, I rather do something like the lemon tek. Alternatively im gonna try soaking them in ethanol, filter, evap till small amount and ingest that, some people seemed to have success this way.

rOm
#6 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:44:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd eat fresh like freshly picked mushroom, if not, lemon tek them.
If you have too many dried one you can also grind half ounce and let airtight in a honey jar (in honey).
This will preserve them but also make them really good in tea, spoon dosing them.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

rjb
#7 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can only eat fresh ones, and they're great. With dry mushrooms, I make tea, it's the best if the liquid doesn't bother you. It's also more easy on the body. I use a weed grinder to make some fine pieces & dust over which I pour hot water and let it sit for 15 minutes, that gets pretty much everything out of them. I then mix this liquid with regular tea and drink it. Gives the tea a nice earthy feeling.
The truth...lies within.

Pup Tentacle
#8 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:50:44 PM

lettuce

I don't have the luxury of fresh... they're nice and crunchy. I never have a large issue with my stomach, I just find the dried ones to taste like shit. I'm looking right now, but I thought I saw a post at one point pointing out that shrooms went down great with chocolate. I'm going to look for this lemon tech you guys are talking about...

Just found it...I'm using the lemon/lime tek... sounds excellent.... anything to make for the most comfy ride...
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

damon
#9 Posted : 4/19/2012 3:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, dried or fresh they taste the same and cause an instant gag reflex. Tea too. They have somewhat ruined my taste for mushrooms in general, not that I've really liked them anyway, but I've been trying to adjust myself to some regular edibles. Oysters are yummy when sauted with onions and peppers, as a starter for just about anything.

I grind them and put them in capsules. They take a little longer to come on, but I usually take rue so they gradually ramp up and back down anyway. I can't wait to try them with caapi and a little spice, not that it needs to be any more epic. I want to experiment with some alcohol extracts eventually.

Perceptual Reality
#10 Posted : 4/19/2012 4:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad you posted this thread! I just harvest my first penis envy flush, and they're nearly dry (still a bit wet, though).

Can't wait to try that lemon tek once they're dried!

From my past experiences, like damon stated, theres an immediate gag reflex upon biting on the fungus..

In my earlier years I was able to eat these without a problem, but my last time I almost puked just eating the first tiny mushy..

Capsules or lemon tek is the way to go for me !
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

Pup Tentacle
#11 Posted : 4/19/2012 4:51:58 PM

lettuce

Taking the lemon tek one step further into the realm of tastiness...

I'm going to do it with lime juice... is there any reason I can't make limeade with my goody-infused juice?
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

Sky Motion
#12 Posted : 4/19/2012 6:06:09 PM

<3

Peanut butter.

I hate eating mushrooms.

damon
#13 Posted : 4/19/2012 7:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
Taking the lemon tek one step further into the realm of tastiness...

I'm going to do it with lime juice... is there any reason I can't make limeade with my goody-infused juice?

Lime is good too. Any kind of jello works too, I like grape, it seems to cover the flavor the best. You can even put lime in the jello and mix it all up. Use less liquid than the jello box calls for, to make sure it sets well. Runny shroom jello is harder to get down.

DudeMeetTyler
#14 Posted : 4/19/2012 8:02:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I just eat (dried) fungi plan with some lemon water (or just plain water if I dont have lemons) as a chase. But it would seem this is rather unpleasant for you so here are some options I have seen others use..

Sky Motion wrote:
Peanut butter.

Exactly a few friends who cant stand the taste make a pbj (peanut butter and jam) and mushroom sandwich.. I know it sounds nasty to me too but they say you cant taste it at all..

Someone mentioned steeping in alcohol, filtering and ... Never tried it but another friend who does not like the taste of mushrooms (but likes the taste of wine Confused ) grinds his up and steeps them in a bit of wine (i have seen him do it in both red and white) for half an hour before taking it back.. He says you cant taste it and it makes it more "effective" (hits harder/faster).

Lastly the same friend who now uses the wine trick (above) previously used to grind up his mushies and make a sort of whipped cream/mushroom mix he would eat with a spoon. He didnt seem to mind it and said it masked the taste nicely..

Not sure if any of these things actually work as I have never bothered with them myself but others swear by them .. Either way I hope I have given you something more to think about..

Enjoy! whatever your choice may be!
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

Pup Tentacle
#15 Posted : 4/19/2012 8:09:58 PM

lettuce

Thanks for all the ideas and input.

I CAN eat dry shroomies without much issue, I just am looking to reduce that shit taste (if I have to I have to - not a lot makes me gag). So any idea that makes getting them into mah belly more comfortably is way groovy
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

Dante
#16 Posted : 4/19/2012 10:47:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just munch them. I dont get any nausea or what so ever, so i dont see the point in wasting time with more complex procedures.
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

semios
#17 Posted : 4/24/2012 6:00:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the taste. I like to wander around a museum or out on a hike just nibbling on a cap or two till the edge of euphoria comes. To actually trip, though, I am sold on the lemon tek, not for the taste, but because it is a faster, cleaner, no-body-load high.

PsilocybeChild
#18 Posted : 4/24/2012 7:03:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, Lemon Tek.

I'll chop up the mushroom material as fine as I can. put it in a shot glass. get the water running till it gets as hot as it will.
Fill the shot glass half way or a bit more. let that sit for 10-15minutes. then I'll fill the rest of the shot up with lemon juice and let the shot glass sit in a bowl or piece of Tupperware with more fresh hot water. to keep it warm. If i had lemon oil i'd probably add a drop or so, as lemon oil is potent for anti-nausea. I pour the shot through a filter, into another cup. and press the juice out of the mushroom material. then I drink.

This can be done more than once with the same mushroom material for those that think this will reduce potency and that it leaves behind actives. (I have a friend that thinks this)

You could pour that juice into some other fruit juice. Or if you let a miracle fruit candy sit in your mouth while prepping this, it totally makes the psilly lemon water taste like straight candy. I found it a bit too sweet tho. but it totally changes the taste from sour to sweet.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 4/24/2012 8:21:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'll chop up the mushroom material as fine as I can.

I have found that blending it for a couple of minutes and letting it soak for a couple of hours can make a difference. Especially if you are planning to strain.

astralspice
#20 Posted : 4/25/2012 3:27:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The best recipe that I came up with was ICED TEA! Boil up some good flavoured loose leaf tea from teaopia (twice the normal amount as you would want for hot tea), soak 10 grams of cubies, filter and add a bunch of sugar and cool it in the fridge. Grab some shot glasses and make the best of itRolling eyes
REALITY 5.0

12NEXT