We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
Ever taken LSD and listened to Heavy Metal? Options

1ce
#101 Posted : 12/11/2016 1:29:44 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Metanoia, that is a solid recomendation! :3

Check out 'journey into fear' by flametal <3

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

AwesomeUsername
#102 Posted : 12/11/2016 10:11:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't say for sure what it sounds to me on acid if you're actually into it, because I used to be huge metalhead until the first time I tried shrooms. They then altered my taste in music for good. Prior to that point I tried acid just once and I didn't listen to metal on that particular trip.

Afterwards however there was one instance where my friend played some technical death metal (obscura) while I was peaking on 400ug and it was fucking beautiful in a strange way. This happened right after I got out of a shower (taking a shower on a high dose of acid is something special too).

I will never forget that particular day and how epic it actually was. I expected it to sound scary, messed up but no.

If you play just about anything that is complex and takes a lot of skill, I'm sure you'll find a way to appreciate it on acid.

Otherwise nowadays I seem to prefer to listen to 70s rock on acid. Psychedelic rock or trance can sometimes be a bit overwhelming, but stuff like zeppelin takes the cake for some reason. It might be for the fact that it was LSD inspired, or for the fact that they really knew how to make good music or even both.

If you're a metalhead I suggest the progressive stuff more especially Obscura, Beyond Creation, Gojira, Death - the Human album and everything pass that, stuff like that.

If you're a bit more open minded check out the early works of Yes, Jethro Tull, early Genesis, Grateful Dead and as mentioned already Led Zeppelin.

TGO
#103 Posted : 12/11/2016 10:35:22 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Couldn't agree more about Led Zeppelin, especially anything performed live (1973 performance in New York, The Song Remains the Same DVD in particular comes to mind). Of course, it isn't really heavy metal, but it sure is heavy!

I'm a drummer so I love listening to metal and appreciating the complexity, especially Matt Greiner from August Burns Red. It takes a lot of skill and precision to drum like that:

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

TGO
#104 Posted : 12/16/2016 8:23:51 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Thumbs up

slewb
#105 Posted : 12/16/2016 10:58:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For the holiday season

Metanoia
#106 Posted : 12/17/2016 8:05:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
I'm a drummer so I love listening to metal and appreciating the complexity

I think almost every drummer reaches a certain level and they become very fluid in their musical tastes, because it's all just rhythm Smile When I became really obsessed with rhythm my musical horizons broadened immensely. I was raised on bands like Led Zeppelin and other classic rock favorites. When I got older I really got into metal and played in several bands. But a lot like AwesomeUsername said, my interest in metal has waned with my continued interests in psychedelics, tryptamines particularly.

I will always be a metalhead Big grin But I find myself drawn to the instrumental bands much more as I get older. This new Animals as Leaders album is absolutely fantastic, and I find the drumming in particular is great. This being the second album with this current drummer, I think they're really getting tight.

Oh, @The Grateful One, Angel Vivaldi is one of my favorite soloists Smile Was supposed to see him live earlier this year but he couldn't make it to the show.

Lately I've been playing this album every day, everyone around me is so sick of it Laughing Laughing This is my favorite track "Every Piece Matters".

TGO
#107 Posted : 12/17/2016 9:11:28 PM

Welcoming committee

Nice tunes, Metanoia! I only recently discovered Angel Vivaldi while browsing through Youtube and was instantly impressed.

I absolutely love percussion of all varieties. I play piano, guitar, trumpet and all percussion, including the full drum kit. The drums have been the only instrument(s) I can perform in front of an audience without getting nervous, it has always felt so natural. I actually got my drumset back from my brother recently but unfortunately can't play it much anymore because my house is located a few feet away from an apartment complex. I don't want to risk getting a noise complaint...

Very happy

«PREV456