We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3456NEXT
Ever taken LSD and listened to Heavy Metal? Options

Metanoia
#81 Posted : 11/15/2013 1:39:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

*Hijack warning*

I think some styles of heavy drum n bass are very similar to metal in some ways too. Example:

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

CatchThirtyThr33
#82 Posted : 11/16/2013 12:16:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
I've noticed how a lot of people that are into psychedelics are also into Prog music. I've loved Prog rock/metal for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rush, Jethro Tull, etc.

I really enjoy all of those bands as well, bands like these definitely helped spread the seeds that grew into the progressive of today.

DMTree wrote:
Nice to see another BTBAM fan! I just saw them play all of the parallax II along with the contortionist and faceless. Was quite amazing!

Vild and Animals as leaders are also some of my favorites. I saw animals as leaders at the summer slaughter tour, but it seems as though there is a way to listen to prog metal in a setting that transcends even live music - In a tripping setting

I went that show too, it was unreal! I don't go to as many shows nowadays, but that one I couldn't let pass. The whole bill was just great.

I go through phases where all I can listen to is Vildhjarta - they're so elaborate and interesting.
I'd listen to a great album on psychedelics over going to a live show (though part of that is the introvert in me talking). Psychs and music go together just so perfectly.

DMTree
#83 Posted : 11/16/2013 1:36:58 AM

The walking mirror

CatchThirtyThr33 wrote:
Metanoia wrote:
I've noticed how a lot of people that are into psychedelics are also into Prog music. I've loved Prog rock/metal for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rush, Jethro Tull, etc.

I really enjoy all of those bands as well, bands like these definitely helped spread the seeds that grew into the progressive of today.

DMTree wrote:
Nice to see another BTBAM fan! I just saw them play all of the parallax II along with the contortionist and faceless. Was quite amazing!

Vild and Animals as leaders are also some of my favorites. I saw animals as leaders at the summer slaughter tour, but it seems as though there is a way to listen to prog metal in a setting that transcends even live music - In a tripping setting

I went that show too, it was unreal! I don't go to as many shows nowadays, but that one I couldn't let pass. The whole bill was just great.

I go through phases where all I can listen to is Vildhjarta - they're so elaborate and interesting.
I'd listen to a great album on psychedelics over going to a live show (though part of that is the introvert in me talking). Psychs and music go together just so perfectly.

So I'm assuming you have heard vildhjarta's new EP? Quite amazing. I think I've listened to Masstaden at least million times.
I tried listening to metal on LSA and that was interesting in its own way as well; There are a plethora of ways to experience/perceive music. Its almost as though each composition contains thousands of songs within them.

Ahh...the brain

CatchThirtyThr33
#84 Posted : 11/16/2013 1:56:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTree wrote:
So I'm assuming you have heard vildhjarta's new EP? Quite amazing. I think I've listened to Masstaden at least million times.
I tried listening to metal on LSA and that was interesting in its own way as well; There are a plethora of ways to experience/perceive music. Its almost as though each composition contains thousands of songs within them.

Ahh...the brain

Indeed I have, I really like Längstmedån as well as Regnar Bensin, but the whole thing is amazing. Such bizarre but impossibly groovy and intricate guitar work. Måsstaden blows me away every time, so hypnotically dark sounding. Twisted Evil

I've always thought that psychedelics allowed you to hear the song exactly the way that the artist intended; kind of a peer into their minds while they were writing it. You can hear such purpose in every note, so much perfect detail.

Metanoia
#85 Posted : 11/16/2013 6:23:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys are awesome Smile

My favourite song from Thousands of Evils is Dimman. That acoustic is so dark and haunting. Vildhjarta is on the top of my list of Progressive Metal bands.

Thall.

CatchThirtyThr33
#86 Posted : 11/16/2013 9:18:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
You guys are awesome Smile

My favourite song from Thousands of Evils is Dimman. That acoustic is so dark and haunting. Vildhjarta is on the top of my list of Progressive Metal bands.

Thall.

It's pretty cool to hear their style translated onto an acoustic. Definitely cool to see them experimenting a little bit.

THALL

shadow
#87 Posted : 12/19/2013 6:58:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to listen to heavy metal in my younger years a lot and I still appreciate this genre of music. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Gamma ray, Manowar, you name it.

Anyway a critical question, just to confirm my assumption:
Do you guys think it will work as a catalyst for katharis while being on psychedelics?

Metanoia
#88 Posted : 12/20/2013 6:37:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shadow wrote:
Anyway a critical question, just to confirm my assumption:
Do you guys think it will work as a catalyst for katharis while being on psychedelics?

That's been it's function throughout my life, with and without psychedelics. A great outlet for pent-up aggression, anger, frustration. Catharsis indeed.

Metanoia
#89 Posted : 12/20/2013 6:42:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Figured I would post this here. I've really been enjoying the new album 'Sentience' from this band.

null24
#90 Posted : 2/15/2014 7:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Okay, since this thread is revived: I don't know how to link to this video so that the little YouTube box arrears in this post, but seriously, for your own good, check this 18 minute voyage out by the Japanese psych metal band Boris. Hell check out their entire catalog, up to "pink"anyway. That CD comes with three pages of blotter-paper, cut to four-way size,lol, of things like Blake's illustrations for Milton's Paradise Lost and old woodcuts! Another Japanese release contained a gummy worm in the spine off the CD case"allegedly"soaked in acid.

Boris: I just abandoned myself, from the CD"pink"

IN CASE THAT DOESN'T LINK, TO THE YOUTUBE MOBILE VID:

And for more fun, here's a little something I wrote while listening to this doing awhile ago:
The ineffable name of God pronounced with guitars and stacks of Orange and Sunn amps. Vacuum tubes glow, hiss, and finally explode like supernovae. Thick bass, subtuned to subsonic levels combined with supersonic sqeels of electric feedback intone Sanskrit vowels and carve them on my brain. Wave upon wave, my body can no longer endure the onslaught, my mind collapses and I give way. The universe falls in on itself, and a new vista opens. The mists cleared by the explosion, the void stands dark and empty. All that is, and will be, exists at a point of light in the center, tiny, bright, pulsing. It pulls the void into itself, the pull of it's might cannot even be withstood by nothing at all, and...

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Metanoia
#91 Posted : 2/15/2014 10:49:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma
#92 Posted : 2/14/2016 9:53:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bumping this thread, because it's exactly what I am doing right now. The dark pull of black metal and the refined crystallization of sensory enhancement via LSD compliment each other perfectly.

A chill rises from the soil and contaminates the air... suddenly life has new meaning.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

woogyboogy
#93 Posted : 4/14/2016 5:08:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spent some good times on LSD listening to Wintersun.. archaic-space metal

Muskogee Herbman
#94 Posted : 4/14/2016 6:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
*Hijack warning*

I think some styles of heavy drum n bass are very similar to metal in some ways too. Example:

I found it awesome that not only are we fellow headbangers, but we also fellow clusterheadbangers. Smile
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

#95 Posted : 4/28/2016 7:19:57 PM

Psilosopher

I'm very much into metal, but I'm still very new to LSD, so I can't say I've listened to much under the lysergic mindstate yet (though I have attended a psychedelic/stoner/metal festival on 115ug and saw some great progressive metal. Also saw Buried At Sea on the comedown, which was one of the heaviest things I've seen so far). I have lots of experience with mushrooms, but contrast to LSD I need my music waaaaay calm on shrooms so I listen to a lot of (psychedelic) folk and singer songwriter stuff on it mostly. I'm guessing more technical/atmospheric or just plain euphoric metal would be great on LSD, as well as a lot of stoner rock/doom.

Thought I'd post some psychedelic-related metallic stuff, hopefully someone enjoys one or more of these Smile

Toxic Holocaust - Acid Fuzz (thrash)

The Handsome Beasts - Mr Mescalito (good ol' NWOBHM, not psychedelic in terms of sound but great song and lyrics. For all you cacti-lovers out there!)

Pale Divine - Amplified

Rainbows Are Free - Believers in Medicine

Sleep - Aquarian

Orange Goblin - Acid Trial

Ice Dragon - The Bearded Mage (some ridiculously trippy and heavy stoner/doom)
https://icedragon.bandca...m/track/the-bearded-mage

Adrift For Days - Bury All That's Chosen

Eternal (pre-Electric Wizard) - Chrononaut

Om - Thebes

Kamni - Shiva THC

Eggnogg - Magog (some Mckenna sampling towards the end ^^)

Necropharmacon - Psychocillibin

Belzebong - Acid Funeral

Bongzilla - Champagne & Reefer (Muddy Waters cover)

Bongripper - Reefer Sutherland

Subrosa - Borrowed Time, Borrowed Eyes

Sorry for the onslaught, there's still so much stuff that's not coming to mind right now Smile
Also amazing how this is the most viewed topic in the LSD section, haha! Thumbs up
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

#96 Posted : 12/9/2016 5:41:46 PM

Psilosopher

Who could forget about this classic? Very happy

Quote:
Officinal, inmiscible compounds are mixed
A gagging expectorate of lysergic acids
Premensely emerced, consciousness slowly slips
Peculated in inebriating narcosis
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus

1ce
#97 Posted : 12/10/2016 1:49:54 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

I have. I've listened to metal during mesc/shroom/acid and dmt trips. Bands like tool, static-x, chimaira, metallica, megadeth, element80 and a few more.

Metal is part of me, and I feel relaxed and easy listening to it. Which I guess is what matters kn the end.

electronica/psytrance/infected mushroom mske for a lot of pretty colors amd feels, but my deep lastkng breakthrough experiences have always been tripping to metal.

one of my favoritr toons is 'the heart of it all' by chimaira. A lot of flametal (jazz-esque instrumentals) I emjoy as well.

Metanoia
#98 Posted : 12/10/2016 5:13:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Muskogee Herbman wrote:
I found it awesome that not only are we fellow headbangers, but we also fellow clusterheadbangers. Smile

I wonder if we understand pain quite deeply due to our afflictions, so metal maybe makes more sense Wink

I was listening to this song while peaking on a mushroom trip recently and it was incredibly intense.

And this one's for 1ce Smile

TGO
#99 Posted : 12/10/2016 7:06:15 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

A few of my favorites for this kind of endeavor:

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Godsmacker
#100 Posted : 12/11/2016 12:31:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IMO & IME, this is VERY heavy metal (if Uranium what I mean...)

listen to this on acid, if you DARE
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

«PREV3456NEXT