We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
LSA, LSH and bufotenine: potent vasoconstrictors (most psychedelics are vasoconstrictors) Options

bufoman
#21 Posted : 4/22/2009 10:51:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Theobromine decreases cerebral blood flow so if this is your reason for wanting the vasodilator effect to increase blood flow to brain it will be counter productive.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#22 Posted : 4/23/2009 12:57:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Ah right. Just going with what I got.

Whats a good common vasodilator that would be more suitable?

69ron
#23 Posted : 4/23/2009 1:14:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
Does 5-meo-dmt/virola resin cause vasoconstriction?

..About ginkgo biloba for vasoconstriction, should 500mg non-extract do the trick?

500 mg sounds like a lot. The leaves are very potent as is. An extract isn’t needed. SWIM uses 120 mg of leaves in a capsule and that’s plenty enough.

SWIM has never experience vasoconstriction from Virola resin or 5-MeO-DMT.

Ginkgo biloba goes really well with bufotenine. That’s an A+ combination. It alters the open eye visuals a little, and greatly enhances closed eye imagery, makes the tingling sensations more pleasant, and adds a mental component to the trip that’s really nice and hard to put into words. SWIM had some amazing trips complete with imaginary jungle sounds, alien music, bazaar landscape etc., all from just 120 mg of ginkgo biloba leaf orally, 550 mg of ginger root orally, and then 10 mg of smoked bufotenine about 90 minutes afterwards. The combination completely blocks all the vasoconstriction effects of bufotenine making your body feel really nice and greatly enhances the visionary components of bufotenine while at the same time making your mind feel extremely clear and focused. I’m not sure how important the ginger is though. SWIM hasn’t tried it without the ginger.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#24 Posted : 4/23/2009 1:35:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Ah right. Just going with what I got.

Whats a good common vasodilator that would be more suitable?

Ginkgo biloba with ginger is the best SWIM has tried so far in combination with bufotenine. He has not tried this combination with any other hallucinogen.

Yohimbe is very good with LSA specifically, but not pleasant at all with mushrooms. SWIM hasn’t tried it much with bufotenine, so he’s not sure what to say about that combination. Yohimbe is also quite good with mescaline. When using yohimbe, keep the dose very low. It’s a mild psychedelic at high doses, but unpleasant. Only use very small amounts of it with other psychedelics.

SWIM prefers kola nut over any other plant source of theobromine. Something else in the kola nut really goes well all psychedelics (LSA, bufoteinine, yohimbe, mescaline, LSD, psilocin, etc.).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

soulfood
#25 Posted : 4/23/2009 2:11:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Cheers!

Will definately be looking out for some of that.

I like taking supplements when using psychedelics.

It gives the process a much more ritual feel.

69ron
#26 Posted : 6/24/2009 3:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I added Passionflower to the list of known vasodilators in the opening post.

69ron
#27 Posted : 8/4/2009 9:46:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I added a section on bronchodilators in the first post of this thread. I believe this is useful information for people who use LSH.

Kannamate
#28 Posted : 8/5/2009 9:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ginseng is also a vasodilator I have no idea how it would synergize with psychedelics. There's a list here with several not mentioned in the 1st post that also seem interesting.

The Traveler
#29 Posted : 8/5/2009 10:40:54 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This is a great thread.

One thing I'm missing though, is the aproximate dosages one should take with these vasodilators. Are there any guidelines for this?

Observant
#30 Posted : 8/5/2009 12:47:58 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I think a list of Strong and weak Vasoconstrictors would also be very practical.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

69ron
#31 Posted : 8/5/2009 7:27:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
Ginseng is also a vasodilator I have no idea how it would synergize with psychedelics. There's a list here with several not mentioned in the 1st post that also seem interesting.

Thanks. I merged that list with the one in the first post of this thread.

I'd like to add dosage information, but a lot is unknown. I'll try to update it as this information becomes available to me.

jamie
#32 Posted : 8/6/2009 8:53:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

One main one that it seems is missing here is salvia divinorum..shes a vasodialator..it's been shown before that kappa opiod agonsim can be useful as a protective agent in cases of hypoxia, where cells are deprived of oxygen..as in altitude sickness..also useful in cases of ischemia(restriction of blood flow to areas of the body) due to it's vasodialation effects...many people use very small doses of salvinorin A in the case of headaches due to vasodialation... just watch the dosage *very* carefully if using as a vasodialator to counteract the effcts of LSA, bufo, mesc etc! I can successfully get headache and body tension relief from smoking very small pieces of plain leaf, or chewing maybe one smaller leaf...

Also, I find theobromine to be a not very pleasant vasodialator...at least when used in cacao..never tried it pure..but I did try a higher dose of cacao yesterday, and at first I did feel the vasodialation effects, but after about an hour all I got was a horrible headache that lasted all afternoon until I drank a few glasses of green tea. I will not rule out the effects of caffine in the cacao, but I think that the restriction of cerebral blood flow theory of theobromine is correct...I drank a large glass of licorice tea with lots of ginger with the cacao as well..dunno if the whole MAOI in licorice thing is true or not..but my head was pounding..I think that the theanine in the tea and my cannabis cured it.

Long live the unwoke.

The Traveler
#33 Posted : 8/31/2009 8:25:53 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I've added both lists to the Wiki:

* Vasodilators
* Bronchodilators

Kind regards,

The Traveler

TOXSIN
#34 Posted : 5/10/2013 8:14:21 AM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

Sorry to grave dig this but I was searching google, for these exact symptoms from a trip I recently had while on just that combo, LSA/LSH and cebil seeds which I assume to contain HIGH amounts of bufo, I was having the sedative effects amped up due to lack of sleep for almost 3 days and could barely breath, when I was dosing off I'd feel as if I wasn't breathing and keep waking up, which was causing fear, and I kept having panic attacks, and also I just had this overwhelming fear of everything, but was so clear headed, It was terrible being so clear headed and feeling like I was dying but at the same time I thank god I wasn't tripping harder. This combination could very well be deadly to some especially at higher doses as these seeds often vary so much in content!

Stop Think before dosing this combo
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

PREV12