We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
BJJ - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Psychonauts Options

endlessness
#41 Posted : 11/12/2017 6:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BJJ is amazing, such a journey.. Almost 6 years later and I continue training more motivated than ever! I am totally sure I will continue doing this all my life, while my body permits. I feel this is such a great tool for self-development and goes hand in hand with psychedelic exploration.

Who else is training jiu jitsu ? Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

โ—‹
#42 Posted : 11/13/2017 10:47:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

All the talks with you endlessness - I've really appreciated your passion for this; it's inspiring man; definitely helped me in several ways in getting back with jiu jitsu/submission grappling; even though life's gotten busier and training has been off and on for me; but this week will be my first week back, though at a new gym this time. Smile

Also this gym is going to be somewhat closer to where I work, better schedule and hours [they have a nice selection from early morning adult/no gi classes to afternoon and late evening nogi classes]. I'm really excited to get back. And for all the off and on time that I've been doing it - it never amazes me how I feel every single time after class - 'can barely walk out the door, dripping with sweat - literally fountains of sweat, sore; and man its humbling and one of the most incredible equalizers I've ever experienced - leaving class you feel without a care in the world. This definitely translated over into things for me - being able to stand up to pretty much any life event/problem and solve it - calmly, sternly, directly. Life problems, interactions with other human being becomes incredibly easy, in very much the same effortless way as jiu jitsu teaches. Handling problems in life gets to the point of 'no sweat off my back, simple'.

This art/sport teaches you how to be in incredibly dynamic/pressured situations and learn to effortlessly solve these complex problems on a moment by moment basis, always changing at every moment; one constantly evolving puzzle with near infinite dynamic - I mean after all you're pitting yourself against another human being [respectively], mind, body, and soul against another; competition is in our bones, adversity is important, especially in society today where adversity is often hard to come by [really intense physical/mental adversity]. I've never felt humility and been as humbled as I have when training and just continually getting smashed class after class; being in really precarious and life threatening situations - showing how little I know in the grand scheme of the art, and opening the door for infinite improvement - if I choose to continually push through it; the rewards are massive ime. As has been said by many bjj practicioners - 'new students typically quit/give up within the first few months' [due to what I'd said above]. Improvement is slow, but earnest dedication and mat time - you start to improve in small sectors, bit by bit, and you start to catch people, escape, finally put up some resistance, begin to impose your own game to the art; many many paths for you once these things start to open up.

The realism of actually fighting for your life can pay dividends in how you conduct yourself in life and how you approach situations and handle them.

I've wanted to train no-gi for such a long time; though I definitely still want to train partly gi, just for the sake of tradition and commonality in the sport. I'm happy that this gym will be primarily no-gi - as it's such a different ball game in terms of grips, leverage, etc, also feels to me a bit more visceral and 'real' grabbing someone directly; and not from the sleeves, lapel, pants, etc. [though I respect the gi aspect completely]

Just my opinions and thoughts; could talk all day on this haha, though I'm such a beginner [though have an alright base to go from as I've done it off and on for a few years] - compared to someone like yourself or many of the other belts.

I'm truly excited though and will try to keep things updated as they go on; just have to stick with it, no excuses [which can be easier said than done]. Big grin

Cheers Smile

One of the best nogi jiujitsu grapplers in the world, someone who I never get tired of watching. Such a complex and fascinating leg lock/back taking game, though even though he focuses on legs/back, he's able to do all facets of the art; which is pretty impressive considering that he and his team are able to just focus on one specific area - without anyone being able to stop them. It's a highly complex game; with each second - literally - every movment matters and is in place - all calculated - in order to get along the path to submission.

PREV123