We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
BJJ - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Psychonauts Options

rnbjj
#21 Posted : 3/9/2012 4:56:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMaTeo wrote:
rnbjj, you won pan ams last year,as a blue? thats awesome man what weight class? i went to panams nogi last year too but lost in the quarters and had won the juvenile division at pans in 2010.. and yea i find that spice breakthroughs give a lot of confidence in my game too but have never tried aya before a big competition. i dont think a week before would make a difference but who knows. shroomies two weeks before states here in florida definetely put my game on point though so i guess that could be similar

I won at blue light, then got smashed by the guy who won the absolute. Funny how small the world is. I always have problems with lack of confidence so I think the tea will help me. I was skeptical before.
What weight class did you do at pans?

DMaTeo wrote:
redbelt is an awesome movie and another of my personal favorites is CHOKE. its about when rickson went to japan for a huge no holds barred tournament. and yea i compete all the time, im actually going to the abu dhabi trials this weekend in new york and am actually juvenile world champion for the IBJJF in 2010. what tournaments have some of you other guys done?

Also very funny, I won Worlds in 2010 as a juvenile at lightweight. What weight did you win?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ewok
#22 Posted : 3/9/2012 10:25:45 AM

Maybe you guys should pm each other easy to check results and identify people, with the nature of this site I'd be carefull what identifying information you give out.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

SHroomtroll
#23 Posted : 3/9/2012 2:27:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed on that, some people on this site puts out pics of huge xtracts and post pics of sheets of cid, i bet the people lurking this site would love to connect some dots.

So anyone here play any turtle guard? I love the sweeps and hitting kimuras sakuraba style...just love it when people think they got my back and seconds later they are mounted or submitted.

DMaTeo
#24 Posted : 3/10/2012 2:28:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im more of a spider guard and de la riva guard guy and love to play on top too so i can use my wrestling background.

And i won worlds nogi juv. At middle weight or whatever 169 is. And i was thinking what you guys said about the info but if someone really wanted to hunt you down it would be easy enough through your email or your computer or whatever else. But anyways this really is a small world!
i think; therefore i AM

DMaTeo
#25 Posted : 3/10/2012 2:30:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Im more of a spider guard and de la riva guard guy and love to play on top too so i can use my wrestling background.

And i won worlds nogi juv. At middle weight or whatever 169 is. And i was thinking what you guys said about the info but if someone really wanted to hunt you down it would be easy enough through your email or your computer or whatever else. But anyways this really is a small world!
i think; therefore i AM

SHroomtroll
#26 Posted : 3/10/2012 8:57:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah turtle is nowhere my goto guard, i prefer halfguard or closed actally, but it´s a good plan b when people go hard for the pass, just turn up to turtle and sweep right away usually works good.

I have a few friends that also trip and grapple and we have thought about eating a very small dose of cid and then go roll.

50mcg is probably a good dose to try this with.

endlessness
#27 Posted : 9/29/2012 11:39:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And how's the training doing, bros?

I keep going very excited about it! I have since tried rolling on acid and it was pretty awesome.. Around 300 mics.

It's such a life lesson to practice jitsu, I just keep learning continually! Feels great to be attempting different submissions and sweeps, not just always trying to survive Very happy

I wont ever quit it im sure, just hope im never for too long far from people who also roll Smile

What turtle sweep are you talking about, ShroomTroll?

This is a beautiful match (too bad camera is not as close as it should be)

http://www.youtube.com/w...NA3Y&feature=related

Acaterpillar
#28 Posted : 9/30/2012 4:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know a very small amount of BJJ.
My Dai si heng taught me some while we were training before and after classes years ago.

I haven't practiced it in so long though, I would hardly stand a chance on the ground against a BJJ fighter.
I've trained in a traditional form of Chinese martial arts for the past 10 years so most of my experience is standing.
At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

endlessness
#29 Posted : 12/28/2013 11:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Where are all you bjj players out there? Any new ones here?

Nearly 2 years later, I`m now a two stripe blue belt and I love jiu jitsu even more. My motivation for it has only increased with time, and I know that this is for life!

I can`t stop thinking about bjj, nearly everything in my life somehow relates to it because the philosophy of it works for everything (not wasting energy, using what the people/world gives you and working with it, not getting desperate when being choked by someone/life, etc)

I`ve been training 3x a week but next month I`ll have some more time and I want to train everyday, or at least 5x a week.

The submission I most successfuly can get is the triangle, probably my long legs help, I do it all the time. I want to learn some brabo and darce chokes, I bet they`d fit nicely with my game. I like playing closed guard, de la riva and x-guard.

Did any of you see any of stuart cooper`s videos?

https://www.youtube.com/user/stuartcooperfilms

The adcc highlights and the latest `eddie bravo on rickson and kron gracie` videos are excellent!

ewok
#30 Posted : 12/29/2013 3:20:43 AM

I'm still surprised how few bjj practitioners there seem to be on here. Bjj is the conerstone of my life I train at any opportunity, it's just so good for the soul.

The video the spirit of jiu jitsu by stuart cooper got me looking over his other videos. has some quite good stuff on his youtube channel.

de la riva is my favored guard position always go to it find have so many sweeps or options to take back control from there. darce chokes also use a lot in my no gi game. Have won comps where darce choked every opponent. Can setup from so many positions.
infinite possibilities.

ewok
#31 Posted : 1/19/2014 5:57:22 AM

infinite possibilities.

indydude19
#32 Posted : 1/19/2014 8:45:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love bjj especially when i started getting into mma, although i haven't been practicing much the past year and a half or so, because of a busy schedule. I agree that it is spiritual medicine. I think any martial art is. but im newer to bjj and judo than anything and love every second i am practicing it.

I originally wrestled throughout middle school and high school, and am still considering it in college. After wrestling i moved into mma and started training in bjj, kick-boxing, and judo. I felt great inner growth in practicing all of them. I want to see anderson silva's documentary "Like Water", it looks like it would be inclusive to these themes. I hold martial arts in as high regard as i do entheogens. Other than my experiences with entheogens, i have not experienced a comparable peace to when i am practicing or participating in combat exercise. I love that there are others here who enjoy it as well!
I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I became human. Then why fear disappearance through death? Next time I shall die, Bring forth wings and feathers like angels; After that, soaring higher than angels-- What you cannot imagine, I shall be that.

Any speakings written are the purely fictional ramblings of an illiterate grande taco, and are false in the face of truth when judged by the all-father. They are in no way real.

endlessness
#33 Posted : 1/20/2014 11:55:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That video is awesome ewok Smile

Today I had a really intense training session, rolling with everybody really tired being in uncomfortable positions, drenched in sweat, and just keep going... Feels like my soul advances with such experiences .

endlessness
#34 Posted : 4/2/2014 12:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BJJ is amaaaazing! Each day im awestruck at just how good this is! It has improved my life in so many ways, it´s hard to even begin to describe it.

Lately been working on my guard pass, leg drags, toreando, etc.. I love it Very happy

Often it feels like modern day samurai training... The rabbit hole goes very deep Smile

Here´s a great video I came across recently:

Bruce Lee and Kron Gracie ftw Cool

3rdI
#35 Posted : 4/2/2014 12:17:08 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I don't know it you have seen it, endlessness, but there is a JRE with Kron that I found quite interesting, check it out if you haven't seen it.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

SHroomtroll
#36 Posted : 4/2/2014 8:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Man i miss bjj alot!

Been out for 2 n a half years cause of a nagging back injury now.
But i feel it was a meaning for this and ive really worked on other aspects of my life during this time.
Ive been doing some light drilling for a few months now and hopefully i can start rolling sometime in the near future.

Im in no hurry though, this time off has really taught me about patience and im really happy that i can just drill tech and work on light clinch stuff and drilling low impact throws.

endlessness
#37 Posted : 4/6/2014 11:02:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All the best on the recovery shroomtroll Smile

Another nice video:

(Kurt Osiander at 6:10 LOL)

ewok
#38 Posted : 4/6/2014 8:05:59 PM

Thanks endlessness always like the clips done by stuart cooper. It's good to see how all those top guys still have the same passion for bjj and how it continues to be a positive force in there lives. I've been training about 7-8 years now but I know I'm still just beginning my journey and loving every day of it.
infinite possibilities.

#39 Posted : 11/12/2017 1:37:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

From one of if not the best brazilian jiu jitsu/grappling coaches in the world. A black belt under Renzo Gracie, he had attained his masters in philosophy some years back, though he uses that and takes a different approach to training, with his gym having their own style/game for jiu jitsu. Incredible mind and a beautiful, humble human being; and he explains the art of jiu jitsu/sub grappling so well and how it carries over into the persons life.

AikyO
#40 Posted : 11/12/2017 1:58:50 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

My dad is paracticing Jui Juitsu but it must another form, much less like wrestling. There must be less randori, which I find more in Judo. He mostly learns Kata, a set of techniques he has to perform before a jury. The video above seems closer to what I know as Judo, which I practiced a bit as a kid but wasn't really getting the spirit, I was a bit of a troublesome jester giving mad laughs to an imaginary crowd.

I have found ly martial art with Aikido. The competition is out but it doesn't exclude one own instinct for perfection to lower, on the contrary. However, I find the martial side to be less important than the art side. The martial side is the root and necessary for the art to grow, it gives a basic logic from which personal expression can arise. This personal expression will bring a philosophy onto it, a form of wisdom. About balance and equilibrium for exemple. I have also noticed it has change the way I perceive my body, stand or move. It has not been a year that I am onto it so I am excited to see where that leads me.

It also has extraordinary effects on focus, when you get in the right state of mind, and it can be exctatic and euphoric even. It's really like in The Matrix: "More". Shit is highly addictive. For me it's the perfect balance between something mental and based on sensation. The logic of it is great and the movements and structures that arise from it I find very evocative. Like a melting of elements, it can be like crushing waves, wind blow or the odd feeling of a tree bark.

What Danaher says about solving problems I find very relatable to my own experience so far. Aikido has learned me to relax and calm myself, release my bodily tensions and else, get back to my breathing, when I face a chalenging situation. I woulf go as far as to say it's a perfect dynamic form of meditation, which is what I needed as I already had the spirit, and some of the after effect I quoted up there I already had approached through meditation or other similar path, but Aikido make me rediscover it ... WITH a teacher and many partners. Which are both things I always lacked. Aikido learn you how to look someone in the eye, how to communicate without words. It can even be very sexual (and fun!).

Great talk from this guy, thanks for sharing, we share the same instinct that Martial Art should be taught in school to the youngs!

EDIT: What is say about violence is something I think is crucial to martial art, the atmosphere that is embed with respect and a ceremonial aspect. It's a ritualisation of violence, and I think the ritual aspect, which is art, takes it to a whole new level, not only for social purposes, but spiritual one. Which means it's creating a context when this form of spirituality arises from interaction with other beings through techniques. It is codified, but it is not written word of silly human, it's body language, it's high tech. I even think the ritualistic aspect of amrtial art could be taken far further, as a form of set and setting (^^) with times before the practice and after with different ways to focus on body or even forms of meditations, things that are limited by our social structures and stressful living where there is no time.

安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

PREV123NEXT