We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Why you should NOT take DMT Options

۩
#41 Posted : 4/21/2012 9:45:02 PM

Pup Tentacle wrote:
If I'm going to tell someone about it, I tell them they should be ready to deal with their greatest joys, deepest fears, and most deep & ineffable mysteries. If any of that doesn't sound palatable to them then they should not do it.

Nicely put, Pup Tentacle, I vibe with this mucho.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Hyperspace Fool
#42 Posted : 4/22/2012 6:27:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmmm...

I do concur with Vovin and the rest of you here, and would even go further to say that all psychotropics, psychedelics, entheogens, dissociatives and the like should be viewed with immense respect for their ability to shatter your reality. In fact, I think many people should probably not do them at all. Of the people who can benefit from them, a majority probably should have a "coming of age" ceremony or three, and then forget about these realms for a long while.

The fact is, that not everyone is cut from the shamanic cloth. Even the most psychedelic tribes I have encountered never put more than a handful of people on the path to shaman-hood.

That said, there are enough of us around on this globe who are drawn to this. Furthermore, it IS possible to gain some degree of mastery in these hyperspace sojurns. There are treasures to be found and they can be brought back.

In this way, entheogens are rather like any other extreme activity... skydiving, underwater scuba salvage, hang gliding, or racing motorbikes. Like these activities, there is only so much you can learn by academic research. You learn to fly a fighter jet by doing it... first with guides and teachers of course, but eventually by pushing the envelope a bit each time you go up.

The common thread that runs through the posts here seems to involve preperation for the experience and digestion of those experiences through purely academic and intellectual means. I submit that no amount of reading or thinking will accomplish either goal. But there are things you can do that do work.

Again, as with most extreme sports, you must have good equipment in good repair... and you should check it intensely before every voyage. You don't jump off a cliff or go cave diving without 100% confidence in your equipment, do you? Well with psychedelics, your equipment is your mind. Of course your chosen substances are part of the puzzle and should be immaculate and measured, but in the end, your mind is your vehicle here, and it should be in good shape BEFORE you take off.

You don't go racing downhill mountain biking without well serviced brakes, but yet many people dive into hyperspace without even the slightest thought as to the shape their consciousness is in.

This is getting a bit long, so I will simply sum it up by saying that if you do psychedelics and don't meditate, practice some form of contemplation, dreamwork, internal yoga, and some spiritual code by which you actively strive to be a good person... you are asking for trouble. If you have fear, anger or other negative emotional issues, they WILL come up and bite you in the ass at some point. Do your best to deal with these things while sober, and don't be in any hurry to fly to the moon... let alone a 7th dimensional moon of an astral world.

Another good rule of thumb is to not journey again until you have digested and processed what you learned or were shown on your previous journeys. This, again, is not an abstract intellectual exercise, but should be accompanied by real action on your part. Change your life, stop lying, be better to people, channel what you receive through art, music, words or dance... go hiking, go surfing... whatever. Don't think you can just sit on the sofa taking changa rips and playing video games. You will have your ass handed to you in a guilded tesseract.

Be well my friends.
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

RayOfLight
#43 Posted : 4/22/2012 9:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've personally learned tons through dmt, sure there are still lots of questions but at the same time I feel I have gotten answers to very important questions. I think many people here get answers, they just don't accept them.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

bobross
#44 Posted : 4/26/2012 5:52:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This thread has been one of the most insightful I have read.

Thanks you.

Michal_R
#45 Posted : 4/27/2012 10:21:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, Vovin!

It was actually after reading this very thread when I decided to become a member of the DMT-nexus. It was at the time when I had some "integration issues" after my first break through. This thread helped me to understand that I wasn´t alone in thinking whether I should have done it... (and, after some time, I say YES, it was the correct decision Smile

I sincerely hope this thead will help other people to make an informed, well thought-through decision...

Peace and love,
M

DNA
#46 Posted : 4/28/2012 4:56:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Vovin, something to think about

vovin
#47 Posted : 5/2/2012 7:22:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

DMT is but one step in the evolution of mind. It is a most tricky of steps as it can deceive and trick the mind. This comes from the leap it affords in realization. It has the ability to make one think that it is the key to something greater, and it is, but in a way that is not directly perceived. It is 'loki' in nature showing the student one face but being another altogether.

Do not think it to be a dark thing. It has it's value and when one realizes it's role that value is of the most powerful I have known, but many misunderstand it because they taste of the spice when they are not truly ready. I made this mistake so I speak in retrospect as a forewarning to those who come thereafter. Do not hate the spice it will be a strong and powerful friend but it is not 'A MASTER THAT WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY'. This is the great deception that breaks the hearts and minds of those who seek.

DMT is vital, just not as vital as one who has first experienced the breakthrough would think. Still I think that the path we all follow would be most difficult without it, but for reasons that are not immediately seen. I know I speak in riddles but this way is a riddle.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

drz2691
#48 Posted : 5/6/2012 2:39:36 PM
Doctor Z

You Vovin and all the people who responded to you have given me incredible insight into DMT. I am a person who has not yet taken DMT. In your first post in relationship to me you are really saying are you ready to take this or not? Are you ready to take on this experience with all its consequences? Your second post on May 2,2012 is more tricky!! I think you are implying that it makes you reevaluate yourself and you surroundings and thus to make changes in relationship to that reevaluation!!! And thus it doesn't show you directly it doesn't teach you directly!! You my man have to do your homework!!! Ok lets get to me. I have just reached the big 50 year mark this May 1st!!! I have experienced the harsh lessons of life!!! I see that a lot of people here are young like in their twenties not everybody of course these young guys just don't get it they have not experienced the lessons of life. And this can greatly effect the experience of DMT I had and have problems like OCD Hoarding problems like newspapers piling up more than 20 years and paperwork laundry ect. ect. ect. And more recently Anger problems that got out of control so much that it got me in jail. I had to make a deal to get out. That deal is on going and is still in the courts and not finalized yet. Last black friday which is the day after thanksgiving sale in the U.S. I bought a Sony internet media player that streams video from the internet to any TV set(Tube) in my house by way of RCA plugs Then I have a converter that converts it to Rf coaxal from RCA. From coaxal I can go to any set in the house!!! Eventually I learned that I could search for anything through YOU TUBE!!! Because any video content that you search for under Google automatically goes to You Tube!!! OK now last month I decided to search for Hypnotize you for fun!!! Imagine through your big TV set!!! So that evolved to Hypnotherapy.org Then it got more serious I got to a site hyptalk.com where you get a free self hypnosis course that seriously teaches you what hypnosis is and how it works!!! With other searches I all so settled on Goddess Melania that when you get past that obey stuff you learn a lot of useful wording. Also NLP neurolinguisticprogramming and Hawaiian spirituality(kahuna). I came to the realization as I was learning hypnosis that over the space of 20 or so years I accidentally hypnotized myself into a negative mental trigger this eventually evolved into that abnormal angry state that got me into trouble. I then realize I had a third option hypnosis instead of psychiatric drugs or jail. In the ongoing deal I made with the courts still pending!!! So the self hypnosis or hypnosis is working in getting rid of my anger I am much better much calmer then when I started!!! I am letting go of the past!!! When I was in jail my family threw away all my things(almost all) I was very angry when I got out of jail because of that much more then being happy getting out(I found out before I got out) even though I didn't have to pay bail!!! Now as I started to use hypnosis I got over this anger to a great degree!!! So putting this all together. I am throwing out stuff in my house weather it is mine or not that I decide we don't need now. I am letting go of all negative thoughts all thoughts of the past more and more as time goes on!!! I am shifting myself to a more positive state of being!!! I am so to speak throwing away the garbage of the past and making room for the new!!! I am emptying my cup to make room for new things!!! Ok now how did I get to here? Well when I was listening to Goddess Melania videos I saw the link (word mystery) led me to "The Spirit World and its Mysteries" by Graham Hancock his web site(.com) there the first mention of DMT. Then awhile later I watched enya videos on my TV via sony streaming player via you tube search engine!! Surprise their it was again a video on DMT!!! So I finally decided to search for DMT on Google!!! the rest is history it took me to this site!!! So in the last month everything started to move at lighting speed. Not since the 1980's have I been on the spiritual path like this!!! I have been in stagnation for such a long time!!! MY understanding of oneness and interconnectedness formed in 1981 30 yrs ago!!! Now you can begin to see where I am coming from! Now you can ask why do I want to take DMT? The answer is that I been wasting my life not living it. You can live to die or die to live!!! Meaning you got to face life live life before you face death!!! Also meaning THE PHOENIX rising from the ashes to be reborn, shedding the old body to be reborn. The Bird is our soul!!! Shedding the old body for the new one. Whether 50yrs or 500yrs. We should get rid of our old garbage and negativities and renew. we should empty our cups. A full cup can't take in new things!!! Zen Bud. I have already been hit hard by the lessons of life!!! Citizen Kane at the end of his life accumulated a lot of stuff it was meaningless except for one thing Rosebud!!! the sleigh from childhood. So if we are homeless and collect a mound of garbage or rich like Citizen Kane the results are the same collecting useless things don't get us anywhere in the end!!! We should instead find meaning in our lives!!! So do I want to take DMT? the answer is yes my life makes me humble and humility is good to have when entering this realm!!! Surrendering and letting go of the ego is a good thing. Being reborn is a good thing!!! Some good meditative mantras to go in with are: I intend to be at peace with myself, Be Patient and all things shall come to you!!! and of course "I can share and expand"

the middle man
#49 Posted : 6/1/2012 5:45:36 PM

paradoxlogic

I think dmt is an extreme catalyst for opening up new dimensions of perception. The intensity can be too much for some. Our experience is relative to our individual frames of reference, therefore we all experience the same intensity but in different things relative to our reference framework.
Day after day,alone on a hill.The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still. But nobody wants to know him,they can see that he's just a fool,
And he never gives an answer . . .
But the fool on the hill, Sees the sun going down,
And the eyes in his head, See the world spinning 'round

Everything I write is part of the dream inside the dream

tele
#50 Posted : 6/1/2012 5:50:35 PM
Explorer

the middle man wrote:
I think dmt is an extreme catalyst for opening up new dimensions of perception. The intensity can be too much for some.

I agree with the man.

Also negative or "ass whooping experiences" are a major reason why many people shouldn't probably touch it, due to possible shock that lasts even after the experience.

the middle man
#51 Posted : 6/1/2012 5:54:43 PM

paradoxlogic

If you want to take DMT, ask yourself how far you are willing to fall into the rabbit hole
Day after day,alone on a hill.The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still. But nobody wants to know him,they can see that he's just a fool,
And he never gives an answer . . .
But the fool on the hill, Sees the sun going down,
And the eyes in his head, See the world spinning 'round

Everything I write is part of the dream inside the dream

Trilemma
#52 Posted : 6/5/2012 6:06:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
Pandora wrote:
...the insights and growth that the DMT use CATALYZED within me...

Love that thought: DMT as a catalyst for insight and growth. That's exactly how I see it.

I know these particular posts are from a while ago, but I was reading through this and DMT as a catalyst for growth reminded me of an essay I read recently and really enjoyed. It's called "The Potential of Entheogens as Catalysts of Spiritual Development," by Stanislov Grof, printed in the book "Spiritual Growth with Entheogens: Psychoactive Sacramentals and Human Transformation." I suppose as this essay was published a while ago, it's quite possible that it's not new to many of you, but I thought I'd share in case there's someone out there who hasn't heard of it and finds it interesting Smile I'd recommend the whole book, in fact.
All posts from this account are works of fiction and not meant to resemble truth in any way. Cheers!

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky." ~Buddha

Absolute comprehension is the only way for us to imagine a system without a point of observation.

TheManySingsToUs
#53 Posted : 6/10/2012 2:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Vovin,

We want to say that we appreciate your views and insights on this particularly powerful life changing tool that has recently been shown to us. If one is not ready to fully "let go" to experience what will be shown to them, they could be in for a painful ride potentially.

This is a tool that is not to be toyed with, but to be respected and well regarded.

Use caution, and if and when ready, be in a comfortable environment with friends and/or family that you trust.
"We are but one entity, of many thoughts and many ideas. We have no individual name. Only a voice. We are The Many."

space face
#54 Posted : 6/12/2012 1:04:54 PM
AND THIS IS WHY!

This thread is amazing, I enjoyed reading and learning from everyones comments so much. This thread will prove very helpful to me in the future, as for now on this will be the very first place I send any friends/aquantiences seeking information about DMT, especially those (most I encounter) who believe they are ready to smoke it right away, and overall seem to look at the matter somewhat lightly..
Learn. Manifest. Integrate. Grow.

tele
#55 Posted : 6/12/2012 4:16:50 PM
Explorer

space face wrote:
This thread is amazing, I enjoyed reading and learning from everyones comments so much. This thread will prove very helpful to me in the future, as for now on this will be the very first place I send any friends/aquantiences seeking information about DMT, especially those (most I encounter) who believe they are ready to smoke it right away, and overall seem to look at the matter somewhat lightly..

That's greatThumbs up
I believe we have here alot of great info that newbs should look into, instead of only reading about alien abductions etc.Laughing

#56 Posted : 6/21/2012 4:33:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I really like this thread as well. Smile I wrote an experience awhile back stating since 2008 when I started my ventures with smoked, aya and pharma I thought I knew breakthroughs on these substances as i've traveled VERY deep in the past years.

But my recent experience where I took it all in one go in my bong... it was NOTHING like all my other times. It was literally an instantaneous experience from the point that I hit it. Most intense experience to date and I resonate HEAVILY with what you've said Vovin. This substance is more powerful than you can imagine. And for people that might try to say "ohh yeah its intense, but...." .....but nothing...hahaha...it's the most powerful organic catalyst nature has developed for us human beings to realize there's a helluva lot more going on. Twisted Evil

hixidom
#57 Posted : 7/21/2012 11:16:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much for this thread, Vovin. To respect the DMT experience, especially when describing/recommending it to others, is something that we all need to remember. Thanks again for this thread. I greatly enjoy reading your posts as they always pertain to important topics and are always so well worded.

Much Love and Respect.
Hixidom
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Rob42oiam
#58 Posted : 7/26/2012 10:58:30 AM

Rob42o

tony wrote:

I went straight for the jackpot when I first took DMT and it gave me a bit of a hyperslap, but I don't think I would have been any less in awe and terror if I had worked my way up with lower doses first. I had tried many drugs before DMT and had experienced very intense shifts in reality (such as the commonly experienced void and infinite loop of fly agarics) but still none of them really prepared me fully for what DMT can do.

I fully agree with tony here nothing can and or will ever prepare me for what to expect when i blast off but i also think it was one of the best things i've ever experienced
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. The chief duty of every new age is to upraise new men todetermine its liberties, to lead it towards material success - to rend the rusty padlocks and chains of dead customs that always prevent healthy expansion. Theories and ideals and constitutions that have meant life, hope and freedom for our ancestors may mean destruction,
slavery, and dishonor to us. As environments change, no human ideal standeth sure.

PrimaUrsus
#59 Posted : 8/18/2012 9:30:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The most powerful hallucination I ever had was during a sacred mushroom circle event. If bringing religion into the posts here is a taboo let me know so I can refrain. But we were using a simple circle casting and blessing around a fire at the beach, the circle was cast wittershins at the first hour of waning past the full moon. The group all participated in the casting of the circle and the blessing of its space and participants. Roughly 3 grams of heirloom strain psilocybin cyensis mushrooms. within 3 hours everyone in the group had at one point or another been embraced by the mushroom teacher and near paralyzed from massive sensory overload. My Breakthrough with fungus consisted of me losing conciousness, lifting into outerspace, loosing all sense of self and the ego, and becoming one with the energy surrounding me, there was nothing but white light, and the feeling of pure exctacy and bliss. When I came back to earth I had a halo that sat above the crown of my head and warmed my face until I fell asleep. I felt as though I had experianced something akin to a baptism or affirmation of faith, I felt purified by the light, and in turn my soul was a shining beacon until sleep took me. It was a very real and profound experiance, and I beleive I have learned how to "let go" and let the drug take me without fear. I have never taken a high enough dose of DMT to lose consciousness. Based on my fungus experiance I was hoping if an adept can tell me if I am ready and how much to take for a full blown breakthrough experiance.

acacian
#60 Posted : 8/28/2012 9:27:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
I'm not saying it's been a negative force in my life. Quite the opposite, actually.

I'm 45 years old and started painting at 44, solely in an effort to flesh out my experiences in some way. I've always been a museum guy, always been very passionate about art, but this is something I never knew I was capable of or felt sufficiently motivated to try. But here I am now; I love it and believe it's something I'll do everyday for the rest of my life. This has been a direct and (I believe) positive gift that's come to me straight from the molecule.

But for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. My experiences have redefined my relationship with my death, but I wouldn't say they've made me less fearful - and quite possibly they've made me more so. They've alienated me at times from other people in my life and made me feel more separate from most new people I come into contact with. They've made me much more uncomfortable with certain priorities, material attachments, professional choices and aspects of my personality, but they don't provide a magic solution to figuring out the alternatives. They've made me feel insane at times. It ain't all elves and faeries.

My only advice is to heed the warning that this experience offers no answers at all - just an unending flood of questions. That can be uncomfortable, and I would say that for me that has definitely been the case. I'm no wiser now than I was before. I'm happier in some ways, unhappier in others. I wouldn't trade it, but it ain't always easy. Take it for what it is.

this resonates with me a whole bunch well said Smile

PREV12345NEXT»