We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1213141516NEXT»
Why you should NOT take DMT Options

darklordsson
#261 Posted : 5/2/2014 4:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is very true its not for everyone, but that doesnt mean they wont be eventully. Set and setting is more than being comfortable at home in pjs listening to reggea, Its internal, its how you feel. Are you at peace? Is the daily grind of reality putting too much stress on you? Are there family issues or personal issues? All these things are soo important because residual feelings are much stronger than we think, especally when they disappear then reappear when were reminded of them. Almost like angels and demons. I never took DMT as recreational use or ever before now, I just wasnt ready, I use it spiritually its like my personal shrink lol.Very happy Ive also ex lsd shooms etc. pretty used to it but this is completley diff. So no its not for everyone. Its only time for when you know your ready and comforatable reality can make or break somebody especally if its their own they percieve melting before thier eyes.

EX. I was pretty upset and didnt even know i was unhappy, I was bullied as a child, never understood why the others were soo cruel, also had jobs I was very good at but quit because the boss was a dick, also had a great job working as a moto tech for a bit. But im self employed now cause i cant deal with spiritually unproductive people that jus hate life Im all for constructive critisisim but these guys took it way too far, jus hated life...
I was drinking heavily untill recently had done my first ext. Loaded up my spice and the first exp made me reborn in a sense, I remembered as a younger child like 3-5 years old before i went to school before I walked into the world and I remeber I was very happy, and only yourself can make yourself happy, the world is a beautiful place with soo much to learn. I started crying because I relized who I am now and who I was then were two completly seperate people, I had a rush of clairity and remembered thats how I want to be again, this world wore me down , people are cruel, and 90% of great people are abused by these other people because of another problem they have with themselves, Ive learned to forgive all the people who hurt me because it wasnt there fault. My spirit was reborn and became what my spirit always was, and had been but forgotton for soo long. Im happy again because it showed me the big picture because i was ready and prepaired to ask the question "WHY?", Why am I unhappy I need to know. It was litterally killing me with all that drinking trying to numb what i couldnt see. But this is my exp. Thankfully It was a breakthrough for my self and my wife, now she loves that im happy, but terrified of what could be with substances, shes straight edge and im the crazy one, ying and yang, lol

But yes DMT can suck you in, spin you around in the cosmic blender break you down, pour you out and shape you into something beautiful, or it could just as easily make you feel like a puddle that has no shape or meaning... Warning and much research should be considered before undergoing the journey.

May Peace Find You Wherever You Go, Gods Bless and Speed

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Psychoactive Haven
#262 Posted : 5/25/2014 9:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Once your eyes are open, you can't close them"

pzlpzlpzl
#263 Posted : 7/26/2014 11:58:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think im not ready yet. I've tried it many times, always escaped just before breaking through. That feeling of being "naked" - no body, no ego - just you - revelaed to god know what creatures. Altough they can do no harm to you (i hope) it's still a firghtening idea to me. I wonder - is it wrong for humans to try sneak a peak to the other side? Im strugglig with myself, anyone can help me with this - does this experience gave anything to you, that you didn't have and COULN'T have and acheive in "normal" way - developing yourself spiritually? Without the spice? Because if one enters this place, what benefits can be taken back from there? For me all i've experienced was just feeling, like it was a show for children to watch whats there. I know this alter worlds, or transition places are important, eternal etc. But shouldn't we be focused on THIS life and THIS experience, of right now right here?

SargeHT
#264 Posted : 7/28/2014 9:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought to myself that I had already done my homework when I took the plunge...
I was ready with all the things needed for the 3 tokes...
I was ready with all experience reports that I've read, even as to have memorized some to give me the assurance of a good, well controlled immersion...
But only to have found out, only on the first toke that I wasn't even near to being slightly prepared..
It shooked me and caught me off guard... No Words would ever be near what I experienced (comming from a synthethic chemical romance of my own and having no Psychedelic experiences whatsover)
It made me realized that what I thought I knew was totally nothing compared to what was in front of me..
It made me also ask myself if I still wanted to do it again and to pursue it more deeper...
Thinking if someone like me who's curious and interested would even think of asking this to myself... what more for someone who has no knowledge whatsover..

I said I will be back deeper... but not until I do my homework again...

LazyGrumpkin
#265 Posted : 7/28/2014 2:04:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SargeHT wrote:
I thought to myself that I had already done my homework when I took the plunge...
I was ready with all the things needed for the 3 tokes...
I was ready with all experience reports that I've read, even as to have memorized some to give me the assurance of a good, well controlled immersion...
But only to have found out, only on the first toke that I wasn't even near to being slightly prepared..
It shooked me and caught me off guard... No Words would ever be near what I experienced (comming from a synthethic chemical romance of my own and having no Psychedelic experiences whatsover)
It made me realized that what I thought I knew was totally nothing compared to what was in front of me..
It made me also ask myself if I still wanted to do it again and to pursue it more deeper...
Thinking if someone like me who's curious and interested would even think of asking this to myself... what more for someone who has no knowledge whatsover..

I said I will be back deeper... but not until I do my homework again...

No homework in the world is going to make you ever be truly "ready". In the end, only courage matters.

anrchy
#266 Posted : 7/29/2014 3:36:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pzlpzlpzl wrote:
I think im not ready yet. I've tried it many times, always escaped just before breaking through. That feeling of being "naked" - no body, no ego - just you - revelaed to god know what creatures. Altough they can do no harm to you (i hope) it's still a firghtening idea to me. I wonder - is it wrong for humans to try sneak a peak to the other side? Im strugglig with myself, anyone can help me with this - does this experience gave anything to you, that you didn't have and COULN'T have and acheive in "normal" way - developing yourself spiritually? Without the spice? Because if one enters this place, what benefits can be taken back from there? For me all i've experienced was just feeling, like it was a show for children to watch whats there. I know this alter worlds, or transition places are important, eternal etc. But shouldn't we be focused on THIS life and THIS experience, of right now right here?

Sure. Although what is THIS life and THIS experience? Who knows, only you can decide, only you can choose.

A sneak peak to the other side? IMO this is the other side. Weve only been here a short time, that other place you refer to... Thats where we come from. So if dmt shows us a glimpse of our home how could that be bad. I mean really how can anything we do be bad were just here to do it all.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

pzlpzlpzl
#267 Posted : 7/29/2014 3:22:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
pzlpzlpzl wrote:

Sure. Although what is THIS life and THIS experience? Who knows, only you can decide, only you can choose.

A sneak peak to the other side? IMO this is the other side. Weve only been here a short time, that other place you refer to... Thats where we come from. So if dmt shows us a glimpse of our home how could that be bad. I mean really how can anything we do be bad were just here to do it all.

Since I can't send pm yet, im gonna ask you, or anyone else here: my biggest problem so far is my irrational fear of dying from not breathing. When DMT rises you to the point where time stops running, i feel that my breathing breaks are so long that i don;t breath at all. I was trying to focus on breathing, since i meditate and thats best way to relax, but with this feeling i can't relax. What do you propose, to think of, when you launch? I mean, i KNOW im not going to die after dmt, but still, my fear is so senseless and overhelming, that it stops me from breaking through.

anrchy
#268 Posted : 7/29/2014 6:55:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pzlpzlpzl wrote:
anrchy wrote:
pzlpzlpzl wrote:

Since I can't send pm yet, im gonna ask you, or anyone else here: my biggest problem so far is my irrational fear of dying from not breathing. When DMT rises you to the point where time stops running, i feel that my breathing breaks are so long that i don;t breath at all. I was trying to focus on breathing, since i meditate and thats best way to relax, but with this feeling i can't relax. What do you propose, to think of, when you launch? I mean, i KNOW im not going to die after dmt, but still, my fear is so senseless and overhelming, that it stops me from breaking through.

This was a hard one for me too. At first I tried normalizing my breathing but I noticed this was not working so well. So instead I focused on allowing my breathing to SLOW. It got to a point where I felt like I wasnt breathing but did not feel like I was holding my breath and BAM... I broke through. You have to tell yourself that you are breathing, that its just your perception of time that is slowing down. Learn to overcome that fear, do not give it energy (thought). This is your attachment to living, as even though you supposedly KNOW you wont die on DMT, when your breathing feels that way your brain is telling you otherwise.

When using DMT, use your heart not your head.

EDIT: I wanted to add... this was a little easier to overcome using this method as I had learned breathing techniques on accident when I was a young child. Laying in bed I would slow my breathing until it felt like I wasn't anymore, which would put me in a cool trance that I didnt understand (as I was like 8 yrs old). Don't know what caused me to do it but having done this before it was easier to try. So I suggest when sober lay in bed and slow your breathing down. It takes practice but as you slow your breathing your heart beat slows as well allowing you to not need to breath as deeply. Practice
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

oversoul1919
#269 Posted : 8/4/2014 4:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like asking questions. And for me, the ignorance never was a bliss, and I've often wondered how can people be satisfied with it.

I'll accept this journey, and see what lies ahead next.

ricciricci
#270 Posted : 8/4/2014 5:59:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

darklordsson wrote:

But yes DMT can suck you in, spin you around in the cosmic blender break you down, pour you out and shape you into something beautiful, or it could just as easily make you feel like a puddle that has no shape or meaning... Warning and much research should be considered before undergoing the journey.

I went through that a little when I started astral projecting... cause it opens you up to so much... things that are so much bigger than anything... and sometimes after you sort of just find yourself there... feeling so small. As if you're still here but your mind is somewhere else. A better example is actually you're neither here nor there... kind of in-between the worlds I guess.

So anyways, I originally was... and still am curious about how a DMT experience would differ from an astral projection (self induced, no drugs) in terms of the length of the experience and also your conscious awareness during the experience once you enter it. As in do you remember everything about yourself/what you were just doing once you enter the experience or do you feel like only certain parts of your memory are conscious? And also how much and how well can you recall everything once you come back. OK the biggest I want to know (and I'm sure this varies) is the level of haziness in your conscious awareness that DMT causes (if any). Forgive me I'm a noob and never smoked anything.Embarrased

The reason I'm curious is that the haziness does alter your perception of the experience to a certain degree... for example if you see a dragon and you're not entirely conscious you could be like "okay cool... a dragon... let's be friends" where as if you were 100% conscious and you realized this dragon was standing with you right there in another dimension you might freak out and run. So the whole point of this post IS when I astral project the level of haziness in my consciousness is almost always slim to none.... and if with DMT it's any greater.... then I wouldn't be as interested in trying it.

Bancopuma
#271 Posted : 8/4/2014 3:23:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT is funny in that one can feel quite sober/straight in some respects, and yet feel like they are somewhere else completely when they are in deep. Only via my single breakthrough experience did I forget I had consumed DMT, and lost contact with my body, bedroom and did not know whether my eyes were open or closed, it was full on teleportation at very fast speed through hyper real realities, the most amazing and in some respects terrifying thing that has ever happened to me. I'm very thankful for that experience though, it was an “eye/mind opener” that’s for damn sure. It is hard to recall much of the experiences a lot of the time, but you know I do think that's for the best, one can't live and operate in both this physical dimension and that one at the same time, so as you come down the mind folds back in on itself to conform to sober serotonin mode amnd you lose that DMT way of perceiving things...not remembering can be a blessing I think. DMT is not in any way "hazy"...I find it to be incredibly, hyper clear, vivid and crystalline in nature, the very opposite of hazy, personally.

If and when you get round to sampling DMT, it would be fascinating to hear about your experience and how it compared to your astral projection experiences. If anything, you may be better prepared for the DMT experience through your astral projection experiences as people with experience of both do say there a number of similarities between OBE take off and DMT blast off, and I know from experience that DMT is certainly capable of getting one out of body.

Adjhart
#272 Posted : 8/4/2014 5:16:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have we drifted if we are telling people not to try DMT before we even know about their 'set'?

We consider the 'set' most integral, right?

Why then, do we sometimes tell people not to try DMT before we know about the most important element of the trip, their 'headspace'?

Before I tried DMT I knew what to expect. And I was right.

I expected the unexpected.

Spindrift
#273 Posted : 8/11/2014 12:43:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just read through this entire thread, and have to say it is one of the most valuable ones on the Nexus in my opinion. Thank you to everyone who posted, there are some incredibly wise and knowing insights and so many valuable ideas here. Having only smoked DMT once which was both incredibly beautiful and affirming but also terrifying and overwhelming, I only feel more certain that although this is a journey I am destined to make, I know nothing and must think, meditate and prepare myself hugely before trying again. I am deeply in gratitude to you all.
'even as the strings of the lute are alone, though they quiver with the same music'

Prana2020
#274 Posted : 9/12/2014 12:54:33 AM

One with Darkness

Psychoactive Haven wrote:
"Once your eyes are open, you can't close them"

Quoted for truth.

There is work to do.
Quote:
"Ride the chaos, ride the beast
Ride the dreams shattered into smithereens
Ride the wave into the abyss"

-Prana2020

WanderingUniverse
#275 Posted : 10/1/2014 3:16:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone believe there is some people who are not able to handle DMT, if so what is your thought and if they cannot handle it does that mean they are not ready to move forward or they have been moulded at a young age to not be able to cope with it from their surroundings and environment as an adolescent

d*l*b
#276 Posted : 10/1/2014 1:00:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that some people, due to their mental state, may find that DMT shows them things that are hard to integrate. People on this forum have had what appear to be breakdowns and delusional thoughts, so it has been here on our doorstep. Whether this is something that is down to conditioning, recent or in the far past, or if it is innate — I wouldn’t like to speculate without knowing them in person.

DMT is a mindblowingly powerful tool. Some people are not in the right place to have their minds blown. To some it may be fairly obvious that they don’t need their understanding of reality torn to shreds for them to put back together again, most will have to find out when it happens. Know yourself as much as possible, but at the same time this is not something you can truly prepare yourself for, just like most experiences you haven’t had yet.

On the flip side of this I have noticed, in times of less caution, more excitement, when I was happier to share widely, that many people get very little of any depth out of DMT at all. Many appear built to see pretty lights and be able to see them as just that and nothing more.
D × V × F > R

hadoq
#277 Posted : 10/8/2014 11:01:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

3 days later and I read it all
thanks for all the valuable insight

I'm still determined, it never was out of the question
scared, respectful, of course
but it will happen

Gowpen
#278 Posted : 10/10/2014 11:30:37 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

pzlpzlpzl wrote:

It is normal for 'some' people to take the step. Generalising is an unfortunate compromise.
Regards G
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

alpacamasca
#279 Posted : 10/22/2014 11:57:27 AM

one love, one heart

I first decided to take the journey through curiosity as i was an athiest, science based minded guy and the idea of mystical experiance at the end of a pipe was too tempting to want to experiance to see if i came back with the same pessimism that i had always had. I should of come here first for insight like this post, as you would get a better grasp of a grammifications, not that i believe it would have stopped me from wanting to try it. I read Strassmans book and a few youtubes and decided to just go for it. It SHATTERED my whole concept of everything, i grew further and further away from the mindset i had come acumstomed to my whole life the more and more i tried to conceptualize it. Friendship groups that i had previously had, i felt as if i could see through and grew apart from them, my social circle became samller and smaller but through that i had gained experiances i wouldn't normally of had through this psycadelic perspective that you gain after letting everything sink in and discovering how the thing can work for you... i let go with my grip on life and my persuit of money, i had some incredible adventures but i've hit a point where i had to of come back, pick up new work and get back to it, but it feels awefully strange. I don;t have much to talk to people about anymore and a job is now very much just a job of obtaining enough money to seek a new adventure. Some may say this is a niave way to live but through DMT it opened me up to the idea of limitless possibility and i love to dance with that now, when before i was so ridgid, stuck in a comfort zone, not really living so to speak.
You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.

alpacamasca
#280 Posted : 10/22/2014 12:08:45 PM

one love, one heart

Spindrift wrote:
I just read through this entire thread, and have to say it is one of the most valuable ones on the Nexus in my opinion. Thank you to everyone who posted, there are some incredibly wise and knowing insights and so many valuable ideas here. Having only smoked DMT once which was both incredibly beautiful and affirming but also terrifying and overwhelming, I only feel more certain that although this is a journey I am destined to make, I know nothing and must think, meditate and prepare myself hugely before trying again. I am deeply in gratitude to you all.

you have entered into it in the right way, i started my journey without a forum like this to read for guidance, i only had my girlfriend at the time and we both spotted each other and experimented with set and setting, different music, lights aswell as well as dosing... it was all completely hands on. After a short while of wanting to repeat the experiances every few days, the whole DMT landscape changed and it felt cold and unwelcoming, which was a strange transition from an abundance of glittering artifacts being offered to me at every angle from overly excited beings. I became an unwelcome guest in that space. I put it all away for a few months and realised that i wasn't giving enough time for everything to sink in and reflect on, in those few months i got into meditation and yoga which were practices i never thought i'd ever be into but somehow naturally came to me and this was when DMT came calling once more. During meditation i felt this desire to go back there with this new found respect and understanding, in my meditation i felt i had to take an intention from that space into the DMT space and i did, for the first time doing it i was completely calm with no pre flight jitters. I blasted off and it was even more beautiful and tangible then ever before, i had never had such a greeting of fanfare... what i got from that trip was extreamly fundemental to changing my viewpoints and set me up for a deep transformative part of my life.
You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.

«PREV1213141516NEXT»