We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate Options

skoobysnax
#121 Posted : 4/6/2015 5:01:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been air evaporating my saturated everclear for over a week now. When I first scraped it was an oily goo but after scraping and spreading for a few days it is getting like hard caramel and smells more and more floral by the day. I once babied some ACRB goo this way and eventually got more of a slightly waxy powder like we like. I am going to give this some time and see if it will do the same. Pretty stoked about not having to put on the respirator etc and worry about the smell of the reaction pervading the neighborhood. Although Ethanol is flammable I think this is probably one of the best and safest methods for those in closer quarters if done with caution. I don't understand people who A/B extract in apartments with roomates and/or kids around. It is so toxic.

Smelling my spice today made me very giddy.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Doc Buxin
#122 Posted : 4/6/2015 10:42:04 PM

Pay No Mind

All I can say is Neutral

I bio-assayed the final product & ended up with the lightest tryptamine buzz of all time...

I was essentially vaping mostly sodium carb...Neutral

So back into more vinegar it goes & we'll try a clean up round to see what happens.Smile
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

slewb
#123 Posted : 4/7/2015 1:37:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have seen ACRB freebase alkaloids crystallize out of IPA (short thin orange shards) when the IPA is evaporated slowly enough. It left me with an easy to handle product instead of the goo that shows up when a brother evaps too fast. DreaMTripper mentioned something similar earlier. Can anyone else confirm?

Also I hope I haven't missed this but why are you guys using sodium carbonate as opposed to calcium hydroxide? Unless your alcohol is very pure, it seems like lime should be way better, considering its relative insolubility in water.

Doc Buxin
#124 Posted : 4/13/2015 6:55:31 PM

Pay No Mind

slewb wrote:
I have seen ACRB freebase alkaloids crystallize out of IPA (short thin orange shards) when the IPA is evaporated slowly enough. It left me with an easy to handle product instead of the goo that shows up when a brother evaps too fast.

I've ended up with exactly what you're describing here, i.e. short, thin orange shards, when I was using 99% IPA evaporated very slowly (a couple days time).

slewb wrote:
Also I hope I haven't missed this but why are you guys using sodium carbonate as opposed to calcium hydroxide? Unless your alcohol is very pure, it seems like lime should be way better, considering its relative insolubility in water.

I'm quite the newb when it comes to teks & extracting my own spice so I was simply following the original instructions as laid out by endlessness.Smile
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

endlessness
#125 Posted : 4/13/2015 11:05:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing the results!

Did you weigh your dosage when trying to vap it? Did you try vapping or smoking? Did it all melt or did some stay solid?

Was this the first 'run' or did you do any vinegar/carb/alcohol re-dissolving?

How dry is your ethanol? And do you have any calcium hydroxide at hand?

Im wondering if this would work better with calcium hydroxide since its less soluble in water.

Also another thing you can do after you evapped your product to remove sodium carb and other polar purities is to do a quick water wash. Just run a bit of cold water on our alks and decant away. Dont throw the water away just in case it carried some undissolved alkaloids, but in theory it should only wash the non-actives away.

Keep us updated!

Doc Buxin
#126 Posted : 4/13/2015 11:48:17 PM

Pay No Mind

endlessness wrote:
Thanks for sharing the results!

Did you weigh your dosage when trying to vap it?

No. As I don't have a scale at home, I usually just eyeball it.

endlessness wrote:
Did you try vapping or smoking?

I vape anything like this with a rather funny setup for vaping, but it works.

endlessness wrote:
Did it all melt or did some stay solid?

First 'run', like I stated previously, there was an extremely light tryptamine buzz going but I quickly realized that I was vaping mostly sodium carb & yes, most of it stayed solid so that brings me to your next question:

endlessness wrote:
Was this the first 'run' or did you do any vinegar/carb/alcohol re-dissolving?

After the initial, somewhat dissapointing trial I did another vinegar/carb/alcohol re-dissolving & filtered the last pull with an even finer filter to prevent any sodium carb from getting into the pyrex pie plate I'm using for evap.

endlessness wrote:
How dry is your ethanol?

I originally bought some Everclear for this tek then realized that here in California Everclear is not 95% ethanol (by law) it 75% (rather wet)! So I decided to use some 99% IPA (rather dry) that I happened to have on hand.

endlessness wrote:
And do you have any calcium hydroxide at hand?

No, but I'm sure I could find some if I put the effort in.

endlessness wrote:
Im wondering if this would work better with calcium hydroxide since its less soluble in water.

I don't know...Like I said, I'm such a newb at all this tek stuff & extracting my own...So I'm kind of depending on all you experts on here to help me along. I'd also like to mention that I really, truly & sincerely appreciate it!!!!Big grin

endlessness wrote:
Also another thing you can do after you evapped your product to remove sodium carb and other polar purities is to do a quick water wash. Just run a bit of cold water on our alks and decant away. Dont throw the water away just in case it carried some undissolved alkaloids, but in theory it should only wash the non-actives away.

Keep us updated!

After the second round of vinegar/carb/alcohol re-dissolving + evap I ended up the with thin orange shards like slewb was talking about in the above post. Vaping one of these shards gave a mild tryptamine buzz as well, although heavier this time, but slower come on, slower visuals, slower come down. Almost as if there were some MAOI's in the mix somehow(?).

I'll keep plugging along until I get the hang of doing this kind of stuff!Smile
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

DreaMTripper
#127 Posted : 4/14/2015 2:09:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
DreaMTripper wrote:
...sodium carbonate is insoluble in water at sub-zero ...

Fahrenheit? (0 def F = -17.8 deg C , a freezer temp indeed)

At 0 deg C it's still near 6% soluble in water.

Freezer temps yeah Smile The end result had zero contamination, as someone mentioned above lime would be better to use hopwvere isnt particularly easily obtainable from high street shops. Online of course no problem..

skoobysnax
#128 Posted : 5/28/2015 7:19:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine is active. I have still a dark goo that I am trying to decide how to clean-up but I made some changa with damiana 1:1 ratio at first but I added an eyeballed amount leaf just to make the goo easier to handle. I wish I had measured now. The harmala was more pronounced than the DMT at 160mg of changa . I didn't expect more so it was nice to work with if maybe a bit difficult because of some work I am in process with that was looping in my thoughts. Beeps and clicks of sub-hyperspace like birds and insects blended into a data transmission. 2 or 3 tones of sinewave. One seemed to emanate from my body. I always feel like these are warnings. Closed eyed visuals were murky spinning faces, dirt, things that needed to be cleansed. I was in a pathetic loop of trying to focus on my breath, taunted by the power of my racing mind. Failing over and over... Finally I grounded. Thought as i found my center in my breath "I should be able to do this before I go in next time". All in all the experience was helpful in helping me see some things clearly and I am glad I have an earth friendly path. It's great to see everybody working to improve this method. Thx Endlessness.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

BongWizard
#129 Posted : 6/14/2015 10:41:18 AM

Hyperspace Cowboy

Damnit! Why didn't I see this thread before I explained a similar household chemical method earlier today?!? Oh well... Useful tel for those less equipped nexians. Thanks guys
"Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be a spirit of tolerance in the entire population." -Albert Einstein

I'm not a big fan of SWIM. I mean, I've never met the guy, but any time I hear about him, he's doing something sketchy.

xa
#130 Posted : 8/4/2015 10:52:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, i would like to try this tek, i'm not expert, someone can tell me if this route it's ok and answer some questions ?

Powder bark: i want to use 50 gr ACRB
Mix with base, add water, make a paste, dry: can i use lime, how much ? (i think 1:1)
X3 pull with ethanol, filter, evaporate: can i use acetone ? and how much ?

Redissolve in warm winegar, filter: how much winegar i have to make a paste or it's liquid ? can i add a defat with vegetable oil here ?

Mix with base (lime), dry: again how much lime ?
Pull with ethanol, filter, evaporate: again can i use acetone here ? and how much and how many pulls ?

I need to clarify this step for try it, will be a good tek for me if work, i want to use acetone if it possible since ethanol here cost too much, all the result will go in changa or i can redissolve again etc etc to get more pure product.

Thanks

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#131 Posted : 8/12/2015 6:27:08 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

I am following this tek using 10g ACRB.
I brewed the ACRB in a large volume of water + white vinegar 3 separate times for about an hour each time.
Each time I filtered the ACRB and brewed it in fresh water + vinegar.
I combined all of the brews and evaporated on a stove-top in a metal pot with the assistance of Medium heat.
I am now left with a dark dark red-black goo.
Can I mix this with Sodium Carbonate 1:1 ratio in a 91% IPA solution and then filter and evaporate?
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

dreamer042
#132 Posted : 8/12/2015 8:43:35 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

lsDxMdmaddicThc wrote:
I am following this tek using 10g ACRB.
I brewed the ACRB in a large volume of water + white vinegar 3 separate times for about an hour each time.
Each time I filtered the ACRB and brewed it in fresh water + vinegar.
I combined all of the brews and evaporated on a stove-top in a metal pot with the assistance of Medium heat.
I am now left with a dark dark red-black goo.
Can I mix this with Sodium Carbonate 1:1 ratio in a 91% IPA solution and then filter and evaporate?

Mix the carb into the goo and add water if necessary to make a paste. Allow the past to dry then make pulls with the 91% IPA and evap for a crude freebase. To clean it up further redissolve in acidic water, filter, re-base, and IPA pull again. Repeat till desired level of purity is reached.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

xa
#133 Posted : 8/12/2015 9:04:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm trying with lime and acetone, 50 gr acrb, and an acid step with winegar before, like q21q21 tek...i made 3 pull filtered and let to evaporate, plus and another pull that is in the jar now and acetone seem clear, it's possible that 3 pull are enought to spend all ?

Anyway i have to go for some days and i leave this pull when i came back and continue the tek...the part evaporated smell good :-)
...i think i like this tek if works for me...apart filtering :-/ ...good luck to everyone.

lsDxMdmaddicThc: made the acid boil/wter extraction and filter the plant material like others a/b sounds good, so one then work with little solids :-) i'll try the next time.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

concombres
#134 Posted : 8/12/2015 9:05:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anybody tried the CaOh route yet?

In theory, you could just follow q21q21 & pull with IPA then proceed to cleanup via acidification & base paste + water washes correct?

xa
#135 Posted : 8/12/2015 9:31:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:

I'm trying with lime (1:1) and acetone for the pulls, i don't know if acetone works but for lime i think it's good, like q21q21 tek.

I try with acetone because ethanol and ipa here cost too much, acetone cost nothing....hope that works...it's simple and less chemicals involved...need more time but i think this it's good. :-)

concombres
#136 Posted : 8/12/2015 9:45:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

xa wrote:
concombres wrote:

I'm trying with lime (1:1) and acetone for the pulls, i don't know if acetone works but for lime i think it's good, like q21q21 tek.

I try with acetone because ethanol and ipa here cost too much, acetone cost nothing....hope that works...it's simple and less chemicals involved...need more time but i think this it's good. :-)

Just started the first step of q21 with 25g powdered mhrb Big grin

I will try pulling with 91% IPA tomorrow & probably get to the cleanup steps this weekend.

If i`m able to yeild something that I can break through with, I will continue & working at this.

Seems like the way forward to me, very clean, safe, & inconspicuous Big grin

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#137 Posted : 8/13/2015 2:06:19 AM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

Okay dreamer.
Could the crude freebase be used to enhance Chacruna leaf?

I have a small amount of Harmala freebase as well.
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

Doc Buxin
#138 Posted : 8/20/2015 1:31:31 AM

Pay No Mind

My humble, grateful & eternal thanks to Endlessness for starting this thread & giving me the inspiration to do an extraction using common household chemicals that aren't caustic & are very low-key!Thumbs up

I used this tek with great sucess in the last few weeks utilizing 99% IPA in place of ethanol since it's rather difficult to get a hold of 95%+ ethanol in California.

I ended up with roughly 50% crystal shards & 50% red/brown goop.

After the intial bio-assay, both are eminently active & potent! In fact, it is my first time dealing with goop & even though it is a bit more difficult to handle/work with, I find it a very, very satifying tool to access the hyperspatial realms with!

Thank you all for your support & information! You're what make the nexus a very special place!Big grin

Peace.

P.S. If I had a camera I would have provided pics, but alas, no camera at this point in time for Doc!Razz
Freedom's so hard
In their pursuit of fate

endlessness
#139 Posted : 8/20/2015 8:55:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent, I'm very happy to hear!

Congrats on the success Smile

concombres
#140 Posted : 8/22/2015 4:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
My humble, grateful & eternal thanks to Endlessness for starting this thread & giving me the inspiration to do an extraction using common household chemicals that aren't caustic & are very low-key!Thumbs up

I used this tek with great sucess in the last few weeks utilizing 99% IPA in place of ethanol since it's rather difficult to get a hold of 95%+ ethanol in California.

I ended up with roughly 50% crystal shards & 50% red/brown goop.

After the intial bio-assay, both are eminently active & potent! In fact, it is my first time dealing with goop & even though it is a bit more difficult to handle/work with, I find it a very, very satifying tool to access the hyperspatial realms with!

Thank you all for your support & information! You're what make the nexus a very special place!Big grin

Peace.

P.S. If I had a camera I would have provided pics, but alas, no camera at this point in time for Doc!Razz

Nice Big grin
Were you able to break through with a reasonable amount? (Ex. 40-50mg)

I am finishing up an extraction from 26g mhrb using 91% IPA & calcium hydroxide.
Initial yeilds were contaminated with some fine powder that went through coffee filters but it couldn`t have been more than 50-75mg.
Ended up with 550mg of red brown goo.

Havn`t bioassayed it yet,since this batch of bark was untested I decided to dissolve in vinegar, base with sodium carbonate solution, & extract with naphtha to get a Better idea of how pure the goo is.

Edit: 4x naphtha pulls on the sodium carbonate solution yeilded ~380mg light yellow dmt. Separation of solvent was sloppy & some was lost to cotton filter to remove extremely fine sediment that passed through coffee filters so there is potentially a bit more that was lost in the process.

Goo seems to be somewhere between 70 & 75% dmt.
Potentially more pure spice by weight with dry IPA & well filtered or decanted pulls.

I think I may try this again soon & attempt to streamline the process. The small drop in purity is a nice trade off for cheaper, easier to obtain & less hazardous materials used provided the extra oils & fats pulled do not make the vapor extremely harsh or hard to efficiently vape. Big grin

«PREV56789NEXT»