We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
[WANTED] New forum Banners Options

Enoon
#41 Posted : 3/4/2012 9:12:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Electric Kool-Aid wrote:
I too think it should relate to hyperspace somewhat. This whole education thing is nice, but kind of deturing from what DMT is really about.

And what is DMT really about?

I think the idea is not what DMT is about but what this page is about. To me this page is about sharing knowledge (entheogenic university), supporting each other(community), learning and expanding through the experiences and the exchange between members (experience & community), and respecting and understanding the sources through which we can gain access to these experiences (plant/fungi sources, chemistry).

A banner that represents this site should IMO contain a little bit of all of this in one way or another. JUST trippy imagery I think is misleading as well as an image that only shows science. This page definitely goes beyond either category.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Electric Kool-Aid
#42 Posted : 3/4/2012 9:33:15 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Enoon - you are exactly right! Its a community.. Its knowedge.. Experience... Its about many plants and being a safe place with information to accomplish skilled extractions.
I guess I lost the true meaning of the website as a whole. Just in the honeymoon stage of DMT I guess Pleased
You awesome people are doing a great job at helping others! Thanks for that!!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

Tordyveln
#43 Posted : 3/4/2012 2:29:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jslattum wrote:
Here's mine

Wooooooow!!!11!one
Everything I write as Tordyveln is made up. I lie all the time.

"Thanks so far for being patient, no doubt you obviously share our contempt for the 1984 Gestapo Mordor Matrix agents style gits that are fucking up our world." - Pissed off mimosa seller

jamie
#44 Posted : 3/4/2012 4:38:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

archaic_architect wrote:
Here is mine, there was a few things I wanted to put in but couldn't find any royalty free images for such as some traditional ayahuasca artwork and some cacti and vine pictures.
I threw in the butterflies and jaguar for some aya symbology.
Hope ya like it!

I vote for this one so far..the other one is cool but reminds me of salvia or something and is not DMT like at all.
Long live the unwoke.

ragabr
#45 Posted : 3/4/2012 6:00:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All these are great, and onethousandk, your update looks awesome!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Wax
#46 Posted : 3/4/2012 6:38:47 PM

LUVR

elru wrote:
archaic architect, can the writing in your entry be changed to chemistry and not math?

Ahhh good catch!
Unfortunately, I use a free stock image site and being free it doesn't have much to work with so this is all I could find.
It is the same problem I ran into with the mushrooms, I don't think they are actives but its all I could get that looked similar.
That being said, IF my banner gets chosen it will most likely undergo some changes per Travelers request and if anyone was willing to provide me with some better photos I could make it a little more accurate.
If no one has photos they can provide I can always jot down some formulas and take a picture of them, though they won't be accurate I have no knowledge of chemistry.Laughing
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

smokerx
#47 Posted : 3/4/2012 7:58:42 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

archaic_architect wrote:
elru wrote:
archaic architect, can the writing in your entry be changed to chemistry and not math?

Ahhh good catch!
Unfortunately, I use a free stock image site and being free it doesn't have much to work with so this is all I could find.
It is the same problem I ran into with the mushrooms, I don't think they are actives but its all I could get that looked similar.
That being said, IF my banner gets chosen it will most likely undergo some changes per Travelers request and if anyone was willing to provide me with some better photos I could make it a little more accurate.
If no one has photos they can provide I can always jot down some formulas and take a picture of them, though they won't be accurate I have no knowledge of chemistry.Laughing

What software have you used to make it ?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Wax
#48 Posted : 3/4/2012 11:29:02 PM

LUVR

I use photoshop and illustrator
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Hyperspace Fool
#49 Posted : 3/5/2012 8:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some nice attempts here already... kudos. If I have time, maybe I will give it a shot. I have some nice Apophysis fractals I made that could be epic source material. Though, I must say I'm holding out for Android Jones' entry if he deigns to give us one.

Trav, while you're at it, the main page graphic and navigation (the psych graffiti mural on the actual homepage) should probably be changed as well. If anything, it is less in line with your Entheogenic University concept than the banner.

People tend to forget that there is more to the Nexus than the Forum. Between Forum & Chat, I would guess the vast majority of hits are racked up, but if you simply type in http://www.dmt-nexus.me you get the old lovable but very un-slick, un-educational splash page.

Personally, I like all the old stuff. Maybe you can put them in an archive. I also like the idea put forth that each subforum can have its own banner.

At any rate, while I understand the impetus to change the image here, and where many of the senior members are trying to steer this ship... I must admit that if this was a more sterile and education focused site when I first stumbled on it, I would have bookmarked it and checked out the limtek innovations, but I probably wouldn't have hung around and become so invested in the community.

You see, "exploring the spirit molecule" is what actually attracted me and is at the heart of much of what I like to discuss with my friends here. There is only so much conversation one can have about NPS selection and A/B vs STB. Once you have succeeded at making perfect spiky crystals to show off to your buds, this place is about waxing philosophic, shooting the shit, talking shit, arguing (intellectually) with people who you know well despite being unable to recognize them if they shook your hand at a party... I love the endless debates that have no answers. An extraction either works or it doesn't at some level, but whether hyperspace is real or entities can tell you things you never knew before... that kind of talk can go on & on ad infinitum.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Enoon
#50 Posted : 3/5/2012 9:00:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I don't think that the idea of "entheogenic university" means that we only accept chemistry related to extractions as valuable topics. Let's think about what the word university actually contains. It's roots stem from Universe, universal, which I think back in the days of the old greeks also was the idea of a university: to support universal learning, education etc. The original mathematicians and scientists were also all philosophers. This is why to this day the title PhD means doctor of philosophy.

So calling it entheogenic university actually MEANS that we are universally oriented, that we are interested in ALL aspects of the spirit molecule that have to do with learning. So from philosophy to science to speculative spirituality or whatnot. At least that's what the name really implies. No one is saying in the nexus we should only share extraction info, nor should the banner be just about this. The idea is simply that we want to stress the idea of learning, of progressing ones spirit and mind, self-responsibility rather than blind tek following, and applying one's mind to the *universal* discussions.

It's still about exploring the spirit molecule, but I guess the problem is that with that sentence alone a lot of people seem to think they just have to dose often enough and that's it. Sorry but in my book that's not exploration.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

astralspice
#51 Posted : 3/6/2012 1:13:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jslattum wrote:
Here's mine

Nice
REALITY 5.0

universecannon
#52 Posted : 3/6/2012 1:31:05 AM

☂

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

when we end up picking one it would be nice to have something even remotely as mind blowing as the current one

don't get me wrong though i love the work done so far, well done Smile

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

vovin
#53 Posted : 3/6/2012 5:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

jslattum wrote:
Here's mine

Beautiful graphics.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

The Traveler
#54 Posted : 3/6/2012 8:42:07 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This will be the last post of me in this thread about this since this is the NEW BANNER thread!

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
At any rate, while I understand the impetus to change the image here, and where many of the senior members are trying to steer this ship... I must admit that if this was a more sterile and education focused site when I first stumbled on it, I would have bookmarked it and checked out the limtek innovations, but I probably wouldn't have hung around and become so invested in the community.

You see, "exploring the spirit molecule" is what actually attracted me and is at the heart of much of what I like to discuss with my friends here. There is only so much conversation one can have about NPS selection and A/B vs STB. Once you have succeeded at making perfect spiky crystals to show off to your buds, this place is about waxing philosophic, shooting the shit, talking shit, arguing (intellectually) with people who you know well despite being unable to recognize them if they shook your hand at a party... I love the endless debates that have no answers. An extraction either works or it doesn't at some level, but whether hyperspace is real or entities can tell you things you never knew before... that kind of talk can go on & on ad infinitum.

The exploring is what this new Entheogenic University is all about. About learning how to explore and if you are already an explorer you can share how you did your exploration. Together we can evolve into unimaginable new ways instead of being this one site where people grab recipes.

With this exploring it is almost mandatory to have debates that are "waxing philosophic, shooting the shit, talking shit, arguing (intellectually) with people who you know well despite being unable to recognize them if they shook your hand at a party..." With the Entheogenic University this will be emphasized, a lot.

It is also to show new members that this is a VERY social community where we love good debates and where it is expected from a member to put some energy into personal development. A good examples is for new people to actually read something on this site before they 'demand' to be spoon-fed with information. A good understanding about the chemistry, the teks, the set and setting, integration etc. is something that I feel is VERY important, especially for people who are new to DMT.

Just doing your spoon-fed extraction, getting high at a party and getting arrested for doing something incredible unsmart is not my idea of a good education and unfortunately that is the current direction if we don't change things in here.

elru wrote:
I think that the word university has a lot of connotations that explaining the etymology of the word will not change. To me it implies a very academic focus and less social. Like Hyperspace Fool, I stayed here for the social connection to other people who use DMT. The educational info is great and I often make use of it but to me it is not the main draw for coming back to this site day after day.

And who is to say that this social connection will not get stronger with the Entheogenic University? If there is more time to actually evolve instead of spoon-feeding you will see that there is more energy left to have a good social talk.

And if people don't want to put any energy into this than I think we reached our goal since they will not stay here with their 'slang 'n shit'. Pleased

Don't be afraid of change people!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

(And again, back to the NEW BANNERS, this was was last reply about this in this thread)

Hyperspace Fool
#55 Posted : 3/6/2012 10:11:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to make it clear that I am cool with the whole Entheogenic University concept. As it is, my time at University was much more about the social aspects than it was about learning from the professors. Partying and amassing life experiences was near the forefront, and on the rare occasions where the reading material and syllabus wasn't enough to grasp the info... talking to the better profs in their office hours was always thought provoking.

Entheogens were a prized element of my college days, but a virtual university dedicated to them seems like a super thing. Since it is clear (as I suspected from the beginning) that the social aspects and philosophizing aren't being phased out in favor of a pure chem and bio outlook... this is a non-issue. Exploring is exactly how I see this. I respect Trav's concept of not only helping people to make these vehicles... but helping them to take them responsibly and enjoyably.

Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the thread from banners. Until I have something to offer in this respect, I will bow out. I will only ask Trav what he thought of my other main point above... namely the redesigning of the splash page as well as the banner.

Peace,
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

darkunft
#56 Posted : 3/6/2012 4:55:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mooooore entries :-)
not that i dont like the ones sent in, but i am a content tourist ... no 5 needs input :-)
really nice so far!
Avatar: 1877 pierre auguste renoir
model: jeanne samary
gimped by Combin

The Traveler
#57 Posted : 3/8/2012 10:56:24 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I really like your renewed banner onethousandk!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Electric Kool-Aid
#58 Posted : 3/9/2012 1:11:51 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Oh. If anyone has ideas for banners, please let us know!! Maybe there are creative thinkers who don't do the art side of things. Please help us!!!

We got time... I am waiting until the time is right to make mine. It will be soon though. Just have to reinstall stupid windows 7 because I am an admin, and it says I am not, but it locks me out of files and doesn't install programs properly anymore! Stupid thing!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

clouds
#59 Posted : 3/9/2012 6:51:09 AM

Human

a1pha wrote:
Loving this thread and the art coming from it!

Very happy

same here. God, this forum is something else.

acacian
#60 Posted : 3/9/2012 7:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if only Pablo Amaringo was still with us

PREV12345NEXT»