We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
No MAOI: Complexing DMT freebase for sublingual administration Options

downwardsfromzero
#41 Posted : 5/21/2020 10:23:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Strictly speaking, yuremamine is not a 'complexed' form of DMT. The DMT is chemically bound to a flavanol moiety. (A relevant analogy might be the C-C bonding in certain flavonoid glycosides, such as vitexin and orientin.)

Since we have no particular evidence of the pharmacological activity of yuremamine, nor whether it decomposes into DMT at extremes of pH, clearly there is some more research to be done. 12mg yuremamine were recovered from 2.265 g of root bark (0.53% w/w) so it seems likely that the compound may make a contribution to the pharmacology of jurema.

For fans of systematic nomenclature, one possibility for yuremamine is 4-(3-(2-dimethylaminoethyl)indol-2-yl-2-(3,4,5-trihydroxyphenyl)-7-hydroxy-2,3-dihydro-4H-benzo[b]pyran Big grin.

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Oh well it was late at night, I wanted to write Bioactivity Confused Big grin

Ah, bioavailability!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

starway7
#42 Posted : 10/16/2021 2:00:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just found something on complexing DMT way back in 2012!

read below...

starway7
#43 Posted : 10/16/2021 2:05:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i JUST FOUND THIS VERY OLD POST ON COMPLEXING DMT WITH | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | FROM 2012...

Nature Boy wrote:
Hi, all:
I read numerous journal articles and papers on using | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | to complex vitamins, steroids, antimetabolites and antibiotics following which I successfully complexed 25i-NBOMe and laid it on blotter at precisely 550 mcg / tab. It was a successful venture and an amazing experience.

It subsequently occurred to me that the only reason MAOI's are needed in conjunction with DMT fumarate or DMT freebase taken ORALLY, is to get around the inhibition in the gut. After all, an MAOI is completely unnecessary when vaporized, administered IV, or even rectally. I then began to consider a sublingual ROI for DMT freebase using | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | complexed DMT - and >>NO<< MAOI.

One MAJOR question remains before an attempt can be made. Shockingly few molecules of DMT are probably required for detectable effects. Assuming for the moment that the proposed experiment is a rousing success at introducing DMT into the bloodstream...HOW MUCH COMPLEXED DMT SHOULD CONSTITUTE A FIRST TEST DOSE??? 1 milligram? 10 milligrams??? I have a goodly supply of both materials. I'm scared to try for fear of success without some opinions on a starting dosage attempt, being a conservative psychonaut and a bit of a coward. The complexed DMT would be in ~ 1/2 cc of distilled WATER..

OLD DMT NEXUS POST TAKEN FROM ADDRESS BELOW...

Complexing DMT freebase for sublingual administration - Otherhttps://www.dmt-nexus.me › ... › Other
Feb 20, 2012 · 20 posts · 14 authors
Hi, all: I read numerous journal articles and papers on using | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | to complex vitamins, steroids, antimetabolites and antibiotics following ...

N.B.

Brennendes Wasser
#44 Posted : 1/23/2023 8:49:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So I had some recent trials with DMT after I was again into testing Salvia Extracts with | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |. But as I wrote in that Salvia Thread, the mechanism of complexation will probably not work for Salvinorin, as I cannot find a way to disperse it unimolecular in an aqueous | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | solution. Anyways for DMT it's possible like this:

Quote:
DMT cannot dissolve in water where we already have all the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |. But it can be molten, thus dissociating from each other. Now both need to be mixed as much as possible. While this is essentially still a 2-phase-system it maximizes contact area between both phases. This allowed the (now solitary) 5-MeO-DMT molecules get in any possible contact with | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | and therefore be absorbed. Therefore I also think the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | concentration should be as high as possible to accelerate this step. After cooling down the 5-MeO-DMT did not precipitate as an oil on top. The whole thing stayed homogeneous. As it normally must precipitate (and form a brown layer on top) I am quite sure that the complexation worked indeed and probably also happened like described above.
That means liquifying a drug due to melting and then mixing it with a high-concentration | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | solution in water might do the job.

Because of this I'm quite sure that approaches like this wont work:

Orion wrote:
I'm the guinea pig I guess:

10mg Freebase DMT
60MG | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |
5ML Isopropanol

- DMT dissolves right away, | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | very little or not at all, solution is cloudy.

5Ml water

- | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | dissolves, solution stirred and completely clears. Stirred for a few minutes and then poured onto flat glass dish. Fanned to evaporate.

An amorphous clear solid remains. It's very brittle and shatters everywhere, so I lose some product.

A way to verify if the route of Orion would work could be drying the product completely down and redissolving it. If there is a brown residue, then the complexation did not work, because the Freebase was just precipitating before Cyclodextrin was doing so, as the evaporation will slowly increase the content of water and keeps Cyclodextrin in solution. Even more: Alltogether I am quite sure as long as both substances are indeed dissolved there will be no complexation at all, because a DMT Molecule fully solvated in a solvent is much more preferred entropy-wise than being stuffed into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |, which would result in less degrees of freedom. You can think of this more like a liquid-liquid extraction with the DMT forming its own phase. It must be immiscible with water to enter the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | instead of just staying dissolved in the mix. But as both are in opposite phases, phase contract has to be maximized. Therefore a stirrer would be much more efficient as mixing by hand.

Now let's see if it will work that way. In contrast to 69rons mentioning I used excess | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | as I thought it will speed up the complexation by alot.

So here is the experiment:

1. 1000 mg | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | dissolved in 3 ml Water
2. Heated up to 80 °C
3. 50 mg DMT placed on top, it will melt and form a brown layer.
4. Start stirrer, DMT will be dragged into the water, but not mix until vortex hits the ground
5. With Vortex at maximum (> 800 RPM) stirr for 5 min
6. Stop Stirring and see if brown layer re-appears

Tada - no brown layer. DMT was successfully complexed. Note that the vortex has to hit the ground, otherwise DMT will just always stay on top = actual mixing nearly zero.

> | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | in high concentration
> DMT molten --> unimolecular dispersed
> no organic solvent - just water
> stirred to maximize phase contact ("DMT Phase" to | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | in water)

= Complexation works

Now let's make a test to verify that this truly is complexation by repeating upon same conditions and NOT put any | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | into the water:

= Complexation doesnt work.

DMT is stuck at the stirring bar at the end, possibly because it's the coldest surface in that glass.

What happens if you dont disperse the DMT unimolecular = dont melt it?

... not shown ... just stirring crystals for ages

If you would have a nanometer-microscope you would see giant ice-bergs of DMT stirred throughout the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |. How would they ever get into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | barrels as solitary molecules?

Because of this I am kind of convinced that complexation will only work if you melt a hydrophobe drug and then stirr like crazy in a | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | water solution. If you can achieve this unimolecular dispersion by another way, maybe it will work too. But at least precipitation did not work (for Salvinorin A), as it probably starts to immediately form small crystallites, which will not ever break free again and enter any | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | pores. The solution will just look milky due to the crystallites being too small to ever form visible for your human eye. Still they are not unimolecular anymore. This can be even explained by physics: Salvinorin as an example is colourless. A cloudy solution of freshly precipitated Salvinorin catches the milky colour due to small crystals causing a light refraction inside the water. To refract light they have to be solid, which can only form by aggregation of molecules. Complexation impossible ...

Until a way to overcome this is found I guess complexation will not work with

- Harmalas
- Bufotenin
- Salvinorin

But it will work with any "classic" Tryptamine.

What would be interesting now is if complexation even survives Freezing and removal of water and addition again. In both cases the solution must stay homogeneous and clear at all times. Also if complexation is just as fast if the ratio is closer to 1:1, that would shrink down the needed water volume by far. But actually the most important question might still be: Is bioavailability indeed better now? Confused Confused

[What is wondering me: Why is complexed DMT-| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |-solution still brown? I thought the brown colour would come from Pi-Stacking which should be impossible now. Only solution would be also 2 DMT molecules can enter the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | pore?]

Brennendes Wasser
#45 Posted : 1/30/2023 11:50:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

More | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | experiments:

1. Does 1:1 of DMT:| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | indeed work?

Can you indeed complex DMT with a lower ratio of DMT:| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |? In that experiment above I used excess to speed things up, but if molten it is super fast anyways. So I tried only 50 mg DMT + 400 mg | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | (1 : 1,1) in 600 µl water. Much more concentrated for lesser volume and nearly 1:1 regarding host-guest interaction. Mixture was heated to 80 °C, stirred for 5 min and indeed everything complexed.

High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |.jpg" alt=""/>

So at that point 69ron was right that equimolar amounts can be used, but mixing with tools would probably take quite longer than with automated stirrer.

Next question would be, how stable is that complexation? In solution the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | might form a hydrophobe cavity for the DMT, but maybe upon conformational changes DMT could be kicked out, most likely provoked if the the water needed for | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | solvation is manipulated.

2. Does DMT-Complexation survive Freezing?

Will the guest be kicked out of the host at any stage of the water stopping being in liquid form? Maybe the conformation of | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | will drastically change and show DMT the door (| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | is cone-shaped so there should be indeed only 1 door).

Same DMT-| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |-water sample from above (1:1 Ratio) was frozen and thawed. No brown oily layer on top - no white precipitation at bottom - everything stayed homogeneous.

High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |-Freeze-Thaw.jpg" alt=""/>

Therefore I believe everything is still complexed.

3. Does DMT-Complexation survive water-removal?

Similar to above this could induce a conformational change that will kick DMT out of its shell.

High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |-Dry-Chamber.jpg" alt=""/>

Same DMT-| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |-water sample from above (Freeze-Thaw cycle test) was placed inside of a drying chamber, air light, filled with CaCl2 (drying agent). After 24 h the water was mostly evaporated, a solid residue remained. This was still waxy, as it will still have a lot of water attached. Actually with heat you can remove much more water, until it will be rock solid. But as the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | was not dissolved anymore it was enough for me. 2 ml of water was put on top and heated to 80 °C. Everything dissolved with no brown oily layer on top - no whiteprecipitation at bottom - everything stayed homogeneous.

No picture here, but well it looks just as after Freeze-Thaw ...

Therefore I believe everything is still complexed.

4. Can DMT indeed be only complexed when molten?

So above I wrote this theoretical explanation of why melting DMT for complexation might be necessary:

Quote:
What happens if you dont disperse the DMT unimolecular = dont melt it?
... not shown ... just stirring crystals for ages

If you would have a nanometer-microscope you would see giant ice-bergs of DMT stirred throughout the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |. How would they ever get into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | barrels as solitary molecules?

Actually I did not really stirr for ages of course. So I just wanted to be super sure and repeated it while actually stirring for ages to just prove if it indeed never complexes when still crystalline.

1000 mg | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |
50 mg DMT
3 ml Water

stirred and stirred and stirred ...

And guess what happened? It complexed after 5 h Shocked Shocked Also check how the solution is completely colorless and not brown like when using molten DMT.

So apparently I need to correct whatever theory I wrote above there. When you just stirr for ages, it will indeed also complex. That stirrer was set to 800 RPM and stirred 5 h straight so it might take forever when doing by hand. But it indeed vanished! Obviously I then also needed to make a blind sample to see if that will not also just happen with regular plain water with no | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | added. Both shown afterwards, DMT after 5 h fully complexed without any heating (left) and after 24 h nothing happens if no | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | is added (right):

High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |-and-without.png" alt=""/>

No | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | would indeed let it stirr forever without anything happening. With | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | after some hours it's also complexed ... Now that it indeed works to complex DMT without making some unimolecular dispersion I tried it with Bufotenin. Same procedure with also 50 mg:

Left: Bufotenin in | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | solution before mixing
Middle: Bufotenin in | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | solution after 20 min stirring without heating
Right: Bufotenin in 100 % water after 24 h

As you can see also Bufotenin is complexed without any heating, directly from Freebase Crystals. Note how the colour of the water gets yellow upon. As a blind check Bufotenin in just water without | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | will not vanish at all even after 24 h ...

Conclusion:

So apparently all that huge text wall above seems not entirely true. You can indeed complex Tryptamines straight from the Freebase Crystals into | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | solution. But how would that work? Now just again some speculation, that might explain this, while still fitting quite well to the results:

Probably a heterogeneous process like DMT molecules migrating directly from a crystal lattice into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | is quite unlikely. They have to first be dispersed into the medium to be able to be picked up by | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |. Now why it still could work this way is that solubility of any Tryptamines will never be truly 0 in water. There is always a really small fraction of molecules that get dissolved. Normally that is negligibly low and we dont notice it. Also while stirring as hell there would be a constant migration of Freebase DMT into water, it just would normally stop immediately as solubility of Freebase in water is obviously still close to 0. But upon dissolving due to the high concentration of | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | it gets absorbed into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | nearly instantly. Therefore that process can never reach equilibrium of DMT Freebase dissolved in the water. Therefore as DMT is constantly removed (by | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |) it means more and more DMT will be dissolved - and complexed sequentially - over time. After 5 h that process run to a complete and with 100 % complexed DMT.

A kind of cautious proof could be the Bufotenin experiment:

Because of that 5-OH-group solubility in water is way higher. Still negligible in neutral medium, but it will dissolve much faster. While also being absorbed instantly by the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |, it means the speed of that hypothetical process would be much faster. And indeed: After 20 min all Bufotenin was already complexed, in contrast to the 5 h of DMT.

Obviously now while all that is still more something for scientific curiousity and rather has no direct usage, that process would be extremely interesting for Salvinorin, to finally make a non-smoking route that is not quidding. Spoiler Alert: It does not work ... Maybe Solubility of Salvinorin is even way lower and therefore that process is infinitely slow or | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | is not big enough for Salvinorin, needing more like HP-gamme-CD.

5. Bioassay:

Now that's quite sad and therefore the question remains, what does all that help with Tryptamines? Is their bioavailability indeed better? Would it have any improvement on the pharmacokinetics? Obviously it only makes sense when you know what to compare to. I have just 1x made some nasal 50 mg I believe, effect was not too strong and it was burning uncomfortably ... Then I did 70 mg of DMT Fumarate in a Nosespray and it was rather the same. 30 min duration with 20 min of annoying nose-burn. That's the only stuff I can compare too Confused

DMT-| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | Nosespray:

- 50 mg DMT
- 400 mg | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |
- 600 µl water

- complexed at 80 °C
- diluted to 1200 µl for better dosage
- filled into Nosespray, which is ~ 73 mg water per spray = 73 µl
- 1,2 ml = 16x Spraying, with 3 mg complexed DMT per spray

Effects:

Actually effects are feeled only 5 seconds after spraying easily. Also it still burned quite a LOT initially ... but most of the burning fades really fast. I would say first 15 seconds are really strong burning, but then the residual time burning is on like 10-20 % of that strength. Not the best, but definetly not too uncomfortable.

8 x Sprays = 25 mg
strong body high

10 x Sprays = 30 mg
very strong body high, like on Ketamine
still not much OEV / CEV

Nose felt like a little glued together, like a film making a stiff coating on your nose. Still with a finger it does not feel sticky.

I was impatient and did all the 16 x Sprays ...
16 x Sprays = 50 mg
visual distortions started and I had to lay back and felt a little bit sedated and like I had to close my eyes.
Still CEVs were not toooo strong ...

At T + 15 min nose started to not feel any burning anymore

At T + 20 min whole experience was nearly over

Conclusion:

Well not too sure what to conclude. Did it have an effect? YES and not too bad. Probably stronger than the 70 mg Fumarate that I did back in the days. But ... that is definetly not enough to really distinguish between those 2 experiences.

Burning in the nose is strong when administered directly ... I can just say it I had the feeling it was fading faster than with the Fumarate. So IF the complexation has an effect, maybe it speeds up transportation of DMT to the mucus membranes, that will take up the Spice and therefore stop its irritation to the mucus membrane.

About effect strength, as I said not sure if bioavailability therefore indeed was raised? Just burning ceased faster. Still if I would extrapolate the effects to a really high level experience, then the nose-burn would indeed be more than annoying and make it impossible to really enjoy that experience. Obviously that is just a problem of the nose-spray method and sublingual would not have this problem. But as I was interested in checking nose-spray possibilities, that was my way of testing.

If burning would have not been a thing - like when sublingually administered, then it might have actually quite cool. But still dont know if strength would have been just equal if doing without | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |. Maybe will check that sublingual method both ways in future ...

murklan
#46 Posted : 1/31/2023 7:40:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great experiment! And very well done. Looking forward to the sublingual test. Thank you!

downwardsfromzero
#47 Posted : 1/31/2023 7:34:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Great indeed - I'm also looking forward to hearing results of a bufotenine-| High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | sublingual test.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Brennendes Wasser
#48 Posted : 1/31/2023 9:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

What is wondering me quite much now:

Colorless white DMT crystals being absorbed into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |
= Colorless white solution

Yellow Bufotenin (its natural colour) crystals being absorbed into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |
= Yellow solution

But

Colorless white DMT crystals molten to brown oil being absorbed into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) |
= slightly brown solution

I thought consens was that brown colour is always what you get when melting any Tryptamine because the molecules now released from their crystal grid will stack over each other with that Indol-units = Pi-Stacking and this creates a colour = brown.

So if DMT is truly absorbed into the | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | ... then why is the colour still remaining? Only explanation would be DMT is entering the sugar not alone, but in 2 or even 3 maybe?
And complexation definetly happened, the solution would just stay opaque with clouds / oil if no | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | is added ... Confused

PREV123