We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
THH and Cacao Options

bufoman
#21 Posted : 12/17/2008 2:51:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Show me one. I am a pharmacology major (not that that necessarily makes me right) I have given you countless literature references for all my statements. You just refuse to admit you are wrong for some reason. If I am wrong, I will gladly admit it and apologize I expect the same from you. Do some research please.
Even if it was a vasodilator this is not where it gets its psychoactivity so why do you care so much.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bufoman
#22 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Original Article
Articles showing caffeine REDUCES cerebral blood flow.

Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism (2005) 25, 775–784. doi:10.1038/sj.jcbfm.9600075 Published online 9 February 2005
Effect of caffeine on cerebral blood flow response to somatosensory stimulation

Caffeine reduces cerebral blood flow in patients recovering from an ischaemic stroke
Suzanne Ragab1, Michael Lunt2, Anthony Birch3, Peter Thomas1 and Damian F. Jenkinson2

Caffeine Impairs Cerebral and Intestinal Blood Flow Velocity in Preterm Infants
Christina Hoecker, MD, Mathias Nelle, MD, Johannes Poeschl, MD, Bernd Beedgen, MD and Otwin Linderkamp, MD

Effect of caffeine on cerebral blood flow response to somatosensory stimulation.
Meno JR, Nguyen TS, Jensen EM, Alexander West G, Groysman L, Kung DK, Ngai AC, Britz GW, Winn HR.

Comparison of caffeine-induced changes in cerebral blood flow and middle cerebral artery blood velocity shows that caffeine reduces middle cerebral artery diameter

Authors: Lunt M.J.; Ragab S.; Birch A.A.; Schley D.; Jenkinson D.F.

Caffeine and human cerebral blood flow: A positron emission tomography study
Authors: Cameron, Oliver G.
Modell, Jack G.
Hariharan, M.

bufoman
#23 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:09:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

caffeine withdraw increases cerebral blood flow:

"The more caffeine you drink on a regular basis, the higher your cerebral blood flow will be when you do not consume caffeine," said lead author Aaron S. Field, M.D., Ph.D., now assistant professor of radiology at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

bufoman
#24 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:12:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The link didn't work please look at the above posts. There is no disputing it, I believe you misread or misunderstood something you saw. Just go to pubmed or even google and type in caffeine cerebral blood flow. I enjoyed this conversation as I learned some interesting things.

bufoman
#25 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:19:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dude. They reduce cerebral blood flow. That is a fact 100% non disputable. Furthermore capillaries play a infinitesimal role in containing blood volume it is the venous vasculature and arteries which are most important. See my post above that with the journal articles. Furthermore capillaries can be completely bypassed.

bufoman
#26 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:21:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm done. Because if your going to ignore scientific facts than I got nothing to argue with you about. Please instead of spending time trying to think about it do your self a favor and read the literature.

bufoman
#27 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:22:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That study was an after thought I just thought was interesting. Look at all the others. Type it into google.

bufoman
#28 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:24:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blood is never in your brain. Blood brain barrier.

bufoman
#29 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All I am saying is that these compounds reduce cerebral blood flow. You disagree. However the entire scientific community disagrees with you. Anyone reading this thread will obviously see this. Great talking to you, I learned a lot.
Peace

bufoman
#30 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:45:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look you have absolutely nothing to back up your views and you have changed them several times through out this conversation. There is no evidence that these compounds do anything you say in fact so far they have been show to do the opposite. Sorry but it is frustrating when someone refuses to admit they were at fault. I know I would have by now.

Here are some more articles for anyone else interested. The bottom link is interesting I have not read every single method just the abstracts:

Caffeine and cerebral blood flow

RJ Mathew, DL Barr and ML Weinman

Inhibitory effects of caffeine on cerebral blood flow. Evaluation by means of neurospect

Authors: Ruiz A.; Mena I.; Neubauer S.; Cornejo J.; Thomas C.; Strickland T.

Effects Of Caffeine On Cerebral Blood Flow In Stroke Patients
Age and Ageing, July, 2001 by S. Ragab, M. Lunt, A. Birch, D. Jenkinson

Here is a good article for anyone interested:

http://stroke.ahajournal...cgi/reprint/16/5/814.pdf

bufoman
#31 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:50:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Again assuming everything you made up is true Increased blood flow to the visual cortex is not correlated with increased hallucinations. First off all this is a ridiculous as the primary visual cortex is not even believed to be where hallucinogens act to cause visual imagery again please read some literature. There are many other reasons as to why caffeine and similar compound would increase the effectiveness of THH or other drugs it is these which are likely responsible for the enhanced effects not the DECREASED cerebral blood flow. But I am not going to get into this with you for obvious reasons.

bufoman
#32 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:54:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Migraines result from vasodilation of the cerebral vasculature. Anti-migraine drugs act by causing vasoconstriction this is one of the reasons that caffeine is given with pain medicines for this effect. Please read some journal articles from primary literature i have posted countless examples. the over all effect is reduced cerebral blood flow due to vasoconstriction. At other sites in the body these compounds cause vasodilation as stated earlier.

bufoman
#33 Posted : 12/17/2008 3:55:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They cause CEREBRAL VASOCONSTRICTION while causing vasodilation of non cerebral vessels. They reduce cerebral blood flow. Vasodilation of arterial vasculature will reduce blood flow to the brain.

Jorkest
#34 Posted : 12/17/2008 4:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ive come to a conclusion..you must BOTH be right...
it's a sound

bufoman
#35 Posted : 12/17/2008 4:38:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The studies I am citing some of which are published in NATURE and Oxford journals and you citing a nutritionist are you joking?

bufoman
#36 Posted : 12/17/2008 4:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You are hilarious man. Truly hilarious. Look at the ARTICLES you sited. That is real research, right? Dude please you are embarrassing yourself. You sources are a joke and they are wrong, plain wrong. Read some of the articles I cited they are in peer review journals not some internet chat group/nutrionalist. Come on man are you for real or are you just messing with me?

bufoman
#37 Posted : 12/17/2008 4:48:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You don't believe them? Well I can't argue with someone who doesn't believe in science. How long did you have to search through good studies to find the two mis informed chat groups that supported your beliefs? Seriously man come on I would have expected more from you I have read some of your other posts and you seemed smart but I just don't get it why you are arguing something that is so obviously wrong. You have changed your argument multiple times too.

Jorkest
#38 Posted : 12/17/2008 6:28:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

back in the day it was FACT that the earth was the center of the universe...the way i see it is that science can say something has been proven..but that doesnt make it true..

and anyways..i could care less about how this works..im more interested in the feelings this combo produces...neither one of you has WITNESSED the effects on the body from this substance..which ever one you are arguing about...what i mean by witness..is watching the capillaries either dilating or not..

and its ok..today was a portal day..emotions run highSmile
it's a sound

Jorkest
#39 Posted : 12/17/2008 7:25:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ANYWAY back to the topic..it is now about 15 hours since SWIM took the 60mg of THH HCl and the 2 raw cacao beans...and he is still mildly stimulated..and euphoric..granted he smoked some weed recently but it hasnt made him tired..he can feel his body getting a bit sleepish but his mind still feels like it wants to be active..even though deep down it knows it wants its pillow..

he felt like he was able to get a lot done today..but this combo seemed to make it somewhat hard to concentrate..but only sometimes..not exactly something to do everyday..but really nice on the occasion...especially if you have to stay awake and alert for a long time...would probably be a good study aid...

he also noticed a few times when looking at text on a screen.. the letters would stretch apart from each other horizontally and then close back together..this was very subtle and started happening later in the night a few minutes after smoking some ganja..it looked like they were both moving together and apart at the same time..slowly though

hes kind of surprised that he was getting visuals when he payed attention..very slow moving..but they also have lasted all day and into the night..the weed helped obviously..but he doubts that 60mg of THH orally would still be doing something 15 hours later without the cacao..with not much sign of giving up too soon...he also has had slightly colorful CEV's..kind of like static with colored strips flowing about..he noticed a strip visual while petting a cat too..happened early on..

this has been quite surprising and he is interested in trying it out with DMT...he feels like it most certainly will be intensified by the cacao...and he thinks only a little bit would really be needed...its almost like he can feel how easily dmt would totally ramp up the visuals and body sensations..

probably a fairly speedy trip..but perhaps a little harmaline would balance out the stimulation...SWIM has noticed that THH has some stimulating effects like harmine except a bit clearer..

hes about to do some self hypnosis with what is left of the effects(which is quite a bit)

hes been doing these self hypnosis techniques to work on having out of body experiences while he sleeps..the techniques revolve around getting you to visualize yourself moving and doing things...he has had quite a few lucid dreams since trying spice out..and has been having them more frequently..he just wants to learn to control it better..its amazing how quickly the dream can suck you right back into itself and make you forget..
it's a sound

69ron
#40 Posted : 12/17/2008 7:30:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufoman wrote:
You don't believe them? Well I can't argue with someone who doesn't believe in science.

Now I am, “someone who doesn't believe in science”, because I disagree with you and the interpretation of that study?

This is really getting off topic. We’re supposed to be talking about THH + cocao, not arguing about how theobromine dilates or constricts the capillaries in the brain. If you want to continue this argument please take it to another thread and I can explain to you how the circulatory system works and why I don’t agree with you at all. I’m not going to talk about that in this thread anymore. Take this argument to another thread about how theobromine effects the blood vessels in the brain (arteries, veins, and capillaries).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PREV1234NEXT